Bleach Anime Bleach: A New Generation

shadowcon99 posted on Oct 05, 2011 at 02:11AM
(One thing to remember is that this is not following the main story of bleach, It is a separate time and thus some things are not the same but others will be.)

150 years ago, an expedition and reconnaissance team was sent from Soul Society to Hueco Mundo to check on the state of the Hollows living in Hueco Mundo. What the team found was appalling and somewhat gruesome because the Hollows had been devouring each other to gain more power and those who had attained so much power their Hollow forms could not handle the reiatsu those few hollows became Arrancar. The team was massacred by the Arrancar before they could report back to Soul Society and so the information never reached Central 46 and over the next 50 years the Arrancar would build up their army. 100 years ago, the Hollows attacked Soul Society on orders from the Arrancar and were charged with the duty of stealing the Hogyuko. The possibility of an attack never seemed logical because the team that learned of the Arrancar died 50 years ago so no one in Soul Society knew of their power. After several days of fighting, slaughter, and the destruction of Soul Society the Hollows got what they came for, The Hogyuko. As the Arrancar fled Soul Society with the Hogyoku the captains of the Gotei 13 perused the hollows sealing the Garganta bhind them eager to avenge their fallen comrades. The Hollows now desperate fled through the Garganta into Karakura Town so they could seal away the Hogyuko and return for it. The Shinigami caught up with the Hollows and the Hollows, knowing they would not be returning to Hueco Mundo bound the Hogyuko to a pedestal in a grove that was in the center of the forest just outside Karakura town. The Shinigami slew the Hollow but could not destroy the binding spell that held the Hogyoku in place. Now Visoreds and Arrancar are available to any Shinigami or hollow who so chooses to use the Hogyuko. After 100 years Soul society has been rebuilt and who knows what the Hollows and Arrancars are planning. Quincy's have begun to work up their forces ready for anything and any gifted humans are helping soul society to rebuild or assist with missions.

[Angel Invasion Arc]
In the midst of the Espada invasion, it was revealed the arrancar were being controlled by Captain Sekhmet Aosu, of the ninth division. Their mysterious leader, known only as Lord Kuraudo, was none other than Veznesel, one of Sekhet’s subordinates. She instructed Veznesel to militarize the Espada in an effort to distract the Gotei 13, so she and her other subordinates, Captain Azriel Sairentosukai, of the third division, and Captain Zalbeseal Korrotasu, of the twelfth division, could infiltrate all aspects of the Soul Society. During the invasion, she lured Captain Teiko Seishin to Karakura town, where the Hogyoku resided, after being suspended there by a mass sacrifice by Vasto Lorde hollows. While there, she convinced Captain Seishin, who she had helped perfect his unique ability, Kudokai, to use his hybrid abilities to shatter the barrier, which could only be done with the essence of a hollow. He used his abilities to shatter the barrier, which could no longer be supported by the weakening Hogyoku, as it was beginning to enter dormancy. She betrayed her ally, stealing the Hogyoku, and returning to the Soul Society. She proceeded to slaughter the remaining Espada, revealing her identity as princess of the once mighty nation, Shirubaraito (City Bathed in Silver Light). The Soul Society enacted genocide on her people, slaughtering all but a few, in an effort to eliminate a technique they feared. Now, the Soul Society must defend against millennia old soul reapers, who plan on returning the favor by annihilating them from existence.

[Feuding Nations Arc]
In the wake of the Angel’s attempts to eradicate the Soul Society, the Gotei 13 is presented with a dilemma far greater than any villain in the past. The Soul Society has violated an ancient law enacted by the Reiteki Rōjin, an ancient group of royal dignitaries from every nation, with the authority to revoke or establish a nation’s soul reaper privileges. The aforementioned law demands that each nation function independently of one another, forbidding they interact and meddle in one another’s affairs. The Soul Society’s act of genocide on Shirubaraito caught the attention of the Reiteki Rōjin, prompting the council to keep a close watch on them. Following the Soul Society’s failure to remedy their past transgressions, relying upon a neighboring nation (Jūzō hoshō) to assist them, the council has decided to revoke their soul reaper privileges. They have tasked the execution of this decree to the Soul Society’s past savior, Jūzō hoshō. They have been instructed, by this ancient and mysterious council, to demand the Soul Society relinquish control over Karakura Town, turn over all spiritual weapons, and forfeit their Reiryoku. Blindsided by this decree, the Soul Society defies this ruling and attempts to thwart the efforts of the Jūzō hoshō, who are merely following orders. The Gotei 13 is now on a mission to prove their worth, but in order to accomplish this, they must defend themselves against the Jūzō hoshō.
(Note: This takes place roughly 50 years following the Angel’s invasion).

Character Format

Name
Race
Height
Eyes
Hair
Position(optional)
Personality

Zanpakuto Format

Zanpakuto Name(Shikai Name)
Release Command
Bankai Name(optional)
Descrpition(Optional)
Shikai Abilities (limited to 4)
Bankai Abilities(limited to 3)

Captains:
Squad 1: Captain-Commander - Kami sureiyā (Shadowcon)
Lieutenant: Vacant
Squad 2: Mikazuki Kurotsuki (K0V) - Deceased
Lieutenant: Shizuka Sutōmu (K0V)
Squad 3: Hizano Tochigo (Randomfan)
Squad 4: Yua Honoko (Silverain)
Squad 5: Kai Shuichi (Ace)
Lieutenant: Kaiya Kazumi (Ace)
Squad 6: Luna Shikishima (Ace)
Lieutenant: Kaito Itsuki (Ace)
Squad 7: Quidel Erlantz (silverain)
Lieutenant: Hikaru (Silverain)
Squad 8: Hsien-Shao Bao-Wong-Ling (silverexorcist)
Lieutenant: Fai Locksley (Silverexorcist)
Squad 9: Nagaishi (link)
Lieutenant: Suichido Kaganehisho (Link)
Squad 10: Teiko Seishin (Link)
Lieutenant: Netsui Kanshu (Link)
Squad 11: Ezretha Isishio (Arcane)
Lieutenant: Isumi Kija (Arcane)
Squad 12: Zurui Kurohyou (BlackPanther)
Squad 13: Kakura Kurotsuki (K0V)
Lieutenant: Seirēn Kuraudo
Kido Corp: Raiujin Hanakomachi (Ace)

Espada (Deceased) :
One: Take Uramaya- Zordiak
Two: Hirumi- randomfan13
Three: Seshen Arojio- Zordiak
Four: Saiko Rindu- Zordiak
Five: Dou and Shin- randomfan13
Six:
Seven: Gyro Deusenvoldt- Zordiak
Eight:Open
Nine:Open
Ten:Open
last edited on Jul 15, 2012 at 01:50PM

Bleach Anime 1537 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1251-1300 of 1537

over a year ago animefanGRL said…
hmmm
can I take part in this too?
over a year ago LinkKinuzuma13 said…
Crazie, I agree. I've probably heard that song so many times I can sing every note of it right off the top of my head.
over a year ago crazieone106 said…
Oh, I was saying that in reference to a conversation K0V and I had. I've played that composition with my violin, accompanied by a piano.
smile
I see. That just proves my point though! It's a good song, and used a ton.

Wait, you PLAYED that? COOOOOL :D
Yes, I've played that before. The composer is Thao Nguyen Xanh and the song is actually entitled "Sad Romance." This version, I believe, is performed by Ji PyeongKeyon. It's a beautiful song. One of my favorite ones to play.
over a year ago Silverain said…
rainy
I'll be trying to post, if not by tonight, then definately in the morning...
over a year ago silverexorcist said…
------------------------Mental Preparations------------------------
Hsien-Shao sighed as strode through his barracks, his robes swishing around him in the cool air. It was still early in the morning and the other squad members were fast asleep, aside from those who remained on duty throughout the night. The drinking party that had taken place the night before still hadn’t been cleaned up, and the smell of saké filled his nostrils as he passed by. He resisted a small grimace. Japanese drinks were so different than what he was used to—he still hadn’t gotten used to their smell. Couldn’t Kaguya have the attendees clean up after themselves before they went and passed out?
Hsien-Shao crossed the field toward the pond within a grove of trees that he favored as his favorite meditation spot. With a single hop, he landed on the rock in the center of the pond silently, not stirring a leaf. He folded his arms behind his back and balanced on one foot, raising his right leg in a traditional meditation position. Then he closed his eyes and waited.
It didn’t take long. Hsien-Shao was experienced with meditating, so he was able to enter his inner world without any problem. He found himself standing on a bridge in the center of an endless pond that did not stir in the slightest, relaxing his stance with a sigh. On either end of the long bridge was a Chinese pagoda with one half of the Ying Yang symbol above the doors to enter. Hsien-Shao turned to face the pagoda with the Yang symbol—a pure white curved tear drop with a black pupil in the center of the larger portion.

“Does it not get boring, residing in this motionless home where the wind does not blow?” Hsien-Shao asked in a calm tone. It was silent for a brief moment before the doors burst open and a long, slender figure soared through with surreal speed and shot past Hsien-Shao, who didn’t even flinch as winds swirled around him, as if to contradict his words. The slender figure swerved around and curled around Hsien-Shao several times, like a snake, its large scaled body coming to a standstill before constricting the shinigami who was so small in size by comparison. It looked down at Hsien-shao with grave, ancient eyes that held wisdom beyond mortals but instinct beyond animal.

“Your sense of humor still leaves quite a lot to be desired…Hsien-Shao.” The dragon replied with an deep echoing voice. Hsien-Shao smiled.

“Aiya, I was simply asking a question. Of course, I know that it’s my inner world…”

“I care little for that. I was speaking of when you went to see Seishin.”

“Oh, you noticed that?”

“I am a part of you. It’s not difficult to know what you are thinking.”

Hsien-Shao chuckled before he sighed. “People dream—this is inevitable. It’s a part of our nature. But whether or not the dream is good or bad is a curious matter. Bad dreams are dubbed ‘nightmares’ and are often things that affect the person having the dream quite strongly. Many people push them away, however, and never realize that their mind is trying to relay something to the person. The unconscious attempting to speak with the conscious, you might say. When I saw Sir Seishin’s face while we were being briefed, it was clear that his unconscious was quite active.”

Hsien-Shao stared at the motionless pond for a long stretch of silence before speaking again.

“Tiānlóng, do zanpakutou dream?”

The ancient dragon, Tiānlóng, shifted slightly and a slight trail of flames flickered from his mouth as he sighed.

“That is a difficult question. Do we dream? Can creatures that are little more than a soul experience a world entirely separate from reality? It’s a moot point. Many believe we can, while others believe we are living our dream every moment of our existence.”

“And you?”

“…I believe that we can, yes. Anyone who has their own will and personality is slave to the feeling of ‘want’ and ‘fear’, which is what I believe spurs dreams.”

Hsien-Shao raised an eyebrow at him as Tiānlóng’s tone became melancholic, but he didn’t say anything to probe.

“Now I have a question for you.” Tiānlóng said after another stretch of comfortable silence. “The device your colleague is creating—do you intend to use it?”

“Of course I do. After all I went through in order to obtain that blood, I will see his little ‘experiment’ to the very end.”

Tiānlóng eyed him carefully. “What a surprise. Are you actually enjoying yourself?”

Hsien-Shao shrugged. “I won’t deny it. I don’t pretend to understand those Shirubaraito, but they aren’t simply some obnoxious upstarts causing trouble. They seem to be able to follow through with their declared intentions somewhat.”

“I see.” Tiānlóng rumbled. “How very amusing. This is a fun game, then, that you voluntarily wish to be sucked into. I understand now. You realize, of course, that your life will be forfeit?”

“Why do you thinking it will be so fun? Those who play a game where they see no possibility of losing are quite dull.”

“You truly are an unpleasant man.”

“That makes us two of a kind, eh?”
Yua: (Her eyes grew wide as she turned from watching her companions fall; a slight shiver ran down her spine while staring back at the Angel’s sinister form beginning to saunter near. Farfalla’s zanpaukto is held readily at her side to carry out her last sentence. Yua winced as she reached across her abdomen and placed her left hand against her injured side, blood oozed thickly between her shaking fingers. With the right hand she fumbles to grip the hilt of her sword and lifts it up cautiously.)

Farfalla: (She grins more pronouncedly, gleeful like a cat about to pounce on its prey. A sickly sweet giggle bubbled through her lips.)

Yua: (She frowns and locks her gaze boldly with the Shirub’s darkened grass green eyes and begins shuffling backwards. It took a lot of effort just to move her muscles correctly.) Are you so sure- (The fog swirled inside her head again and she shook it sharply.) … about that?

Farfalla: Save your breath, filth! You’ll need it for your final painful scream before meeting death. (Farfalla lashes her blade suddenly, sweeping one of her huge barbed vines at the captain.)

Yua: (Her head swivels to the side as it came barreling to impale her. She struggles to move her feet in the familiar way of flash step but she couldn’t get the needed velocity and just barely dodged the main attack. The vine shoots right behind her. She could hear one of the spikes tear into the tail of her Captains hoari. It caught and jerked her off course, then sent her flying through the air as it whips around and she landed hard on her side, causing her to gasp loudly before tumbling a long ways and come to a stop in the dirt.)

Farfalla: (The angel laughs as her feet follow the bloody scuff marks the captain made in the ground. Her eyes lifted to see Yua coughing and trying to crawl slowly to get back on her feet.)

Yua: (She leans on her sword heavily, staggering slightly as she went to get up.)

??? : ~Tsk! How pathetic!~ (A wicked gravelly voice broke into her mind.)

Yua: (She flinches in surprise and looks down at the blade of her Zanpakuto.) Inner thought: K-Kurai Tsume?!

Kurai Tsume: (he laughs harshly at her) ~Who else could it be, Genius?~

Yua: (She straightens her stance and keeps an eye on her approaching enemy while she furrowed her brows at the voice.) Inner thought: Do you have anything else to say besides insults?

Kurai Tsume: ~Yeah, stop stumbling around and start using me, damn it!~

Farfalla: Okay, play times over! (She flicks her wrist and sends two more giant vines that spiraled into spiked drills, tearing through the air. She saw the Captain’s face froze.)

Yua: Issei shageki! (The air over one side of her jagged blade it begins to glow ghostly green. The energy builds rapidly, charging up and making a low droning noise. When it reached its peak Yua brings her blade around and cuts it horizontally in the air. A bright flash explodes from her swing, flaring out and expanding into a wide arc that crashes into the monstrous vines with a fiery green impact. Yua pants lightly as she clutches her side, the movements of her attack made it throb.)

Farfalla: (The angel watches as the vines are blasted back the way that they came, parts of them are smoldering in pieces, landing scattered on the ground around its master.) How are you able to fight back?

Yua: (She regains some of her confidence and smiles softly.) Using my Zanpakuto’s power requires no thought; it’s as natural as breathing. I’m sorry to have taken this long to capitalize on it. (She said for her sword to hear.)

Farfalla: But you’ll have to use strategy to fight me, which is impossible for you now!

Yua: Yes, I don’t really have a plan set up. But I know that I must defeat you in some way. How I am to do that between now and then is still a mystery to me.

Farfalla: (She scowls angrily at Yua.) If all you’re relying on is the hope of your Zanpakuto hitting its mark then this will be over quick! (She propels even more vines to attack, coiling angrily and branching off to come at her from different sides.)

Kurai Tsume: ~Stupid weeds! (He croaks.) Let ‘em have it!~

Yua: Shi no ōmen! (The end of her blade erupts again with dense flocks of shadows; they turn about and collide with each vine before they could touch her. Sawing through the massive bodies almost in half before the toxins seemed to melt the attacking shadows. The ones with the least damage banded together and soared at the Angel. Trying to rip at whatever exposed flesh they could before gathering to circle in the sky with the older shadows.)

Farfalla: (She quickly retracts her vines and hisses as she wipes the dripping blood from her stinging wound off her cheek.) Inner Monologue: ‘This is getting ridiculous! I have to end this now; she will not to beat me!’ Her eyes widen when all she sees of her enemy is a pale blur vanishing in the air.) What?!

Yua: (She appears behind the Angel, her zanpakuto held ready about to slice into her back. Farfalla jolts and leaps high over the shinigami doing a back flip as the blade hits nothing but air. Yua stops and looks up to track her movements and prepares to strike again. She raises an eyebrow when she notices a strange mark on the back of the shirubs neck half way in the rotation.)

Farfalla: (She lands spritely on her toes and deals a nasty kick across Yua’s face making her head snap jarringly to the side and she staggers back away in shock.) You can’t really expect me to fall for your tricks, can you?

Yua: What does that mark mean? (She clutched her cheek tenderly. Her mouth quickly filled with the warm taste of salt and metal, making her spit out blood.)

Farfalla: (Her face twists into a sneer at Yua.) Hm? Oh you saw that, eh? (She reaches over her shoulder and brushes the ᷀ ○ ᷁ tattoo with her fingertips.) If you really wanna know I’ll whisper it to you in your ear right before you die! (She lunges forward, flashing quickly from spot to spot making it nearly impossible for Yua to lock on her. She appears low and suddenly leaps up in front of her punches her hard in the center of her chest. Yua’s breath is knocked clean out of her and she is rocketed straight into the sky. While she was still ascending Farfalla flashed next to her and kicked her back to the earth. A small crater was made where she lands with dust clouds pluming out of it.)

Yua: (Her body was black and blue and bloody, lying still on the hard soil, her blue eyes rolled back in her skull.)

Farfalla: (She lands back on the ground admiring her handy work. She cocked her head to the side after hearing a soft sound coming from the billowing crater. Suddenly her body is flung across the battle ground by a strong hyper beam of energy; she skips on the ground like a flat rock on water and smashes into stone rubble that was caused by her demolition.)

Yua: (She tightens her fist around her hilt and slowly limps over the side of the depression and makes her way over to the groaning Angel. As she got close the pile rumbled and Farfalla groggily removed herself from the debris. The leaf body armor is now cracked and blackened but mostly intact. The few areas where it didn’t cover are badly scorched and red with smoke coming off them. She was gasping heavily.) You’ll pay for that! Drosera! (The fly traps charge with their jaws gaping wide open as if to swallow her whole.)

Yua: Zankokuna sokubaku! ( She draws a circle in front of her and punches it in the middle. Releasing several razor sharp black chains, she twirls her blade around and the chains mimic the action on a wider scale like giant bending swords and severed clean multiple sections of the plants. Then with a flick of Yua’s wrist the now sizzling chains straightened out and lunged at Farfalla like heaving spears.)

Farfalla: (Her eyes widen and she flashes out of their reach and sprints faster as they continue to pursue her. She looks over her shoulder, feeling the sensation of them closing the distance to her back. With a powerful boost of speed two of them pierce through her legs at the calf muscles, bringing an immediate stop to the chase as the bloody links coil and constrict tightly around her lower limbs.) Aaahh! (Her cry was primal as a second pair punctured her arms.)

Yua: (She watches silently when the chains secure her arms to her sides and makes her legs bend to kneel while the chains anchor themselves deeply in the hard ground. Yua sighed at the pain she was causing on Farfalla’s face, even though she was a captain and her enemy would do the same to her in a heartbeat, she truly despised fighting.) Do you understand that if you give violence you get more violence in return? The same for hatred and pain?

Farfalla: IT ALL STARTED WITH YOU! (She screams at her furiously.)And after hundreds of years of waiting, its all finally coming back to the ones that made the first strike!

Yua: And again I’m sorry for your losses, there should have been a better solution other than mass murder.

Farfalla: (She struggles against the chains to reach her zanpakuto that rested at her side, having slipped through her fingers.) I DON'T WANT YOUR SORRY'S! I WANT YOU ALL TO GO ROT IN HELL!! (Her arm bleeds profusely as she bends and was able to get a hold on her hilt.)

Yua: I see… (She grimly raises her zanpakuto and steps forward.)Issei shageki... (Farafalla thrashes as Yua makes three small nicks just under her collar bone. It shines green as a bead of red spilled out of it. She rushes back to safety as the hovering masses of shadows that circled above cawed in excitement. They focus inward and stared intently at Farfalla until you could start to see their eyes light up like spectral stars. The open their beaks and a surge of energy boil in countless numbers. Then like a fleet of artillery canons they all fire large orbs of explosives energy in rapid succession. After about ten seconds of continuous tremendous blasts Yua called in off with a small wave of her hand.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago K0VIP3R said…
[Back Again?]

Mikazuki and her lieutenant, Shikuza Sutōmu arrived at Kasare Kyōkoku or "Mirrored Valley". Shikuza gaped at the jewel encrusted sides of the cayons and mountains which wonderously reflected the silver moons light. Mikazuki however just kept walking, forcing Shikuza to focus on keeping up with her. The wonder of the place was lost to Mikazuki as she continued to plough onwards, wondering what would happen in the near future.

They stopped in a bttle scarred open area in the middle of two large mountains that lay at either side. Mikazuki looked around then made sure no one was around for the moment. She sighed, noticing the curious look from her ditsy yet observant lieutenant.

Shikuza: (She played with her black, pony-tailed hair) Soooo, why are we here, Mikazuki?

Mikazuki: (She turned to her with a fake cheery smile plastered on her face) Oh I just wanted to show you what a battle with a Shirub can do to the landscape. (She gestured to the surroundings, pointing out the many craters and piles of rubble lying about, all sparkling in the continuous moon light)

Shikuza: (She raised her eyebrows at her statement and her following actions) Really? I'm not some fool you can manipulate that easy with some flimsy excuse. Now tell me, why did you bring me here?!

Mikazuki: (She bit her lip then answered) I genuinely am here to show you this. Think about it, if we battled to this extent in the human world, what then?

Shikuza: (She walked past her and picked up a bejeweled rock that lay a few feet behind Mikazuki) Oh this is so pretty!

Mikazuki: (She looked around, still wondering if this was right) I know right. Imagaine how I felt being thrown around this place, apart from getting hurt of course.
Teiko sat in his room, feeling vulnerable as ever. that dream had shaken him to his core. He was that child again. That child who wailed into the distance for help when things got hard. Only he wan't wailing. He was sittling silently, asking his zanpakuto to help him. He sat with it set flat across his lap. As he entered his inner world, he felt his mind separate from his body and enter the giant mirror world of his zanpaktuo.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

as his feet treaded lightly over the water, he waited patiently for Kin Rakurai to arrive, staring blankly at the scattered pieces of old demolished buildings. The water rippled gently around him as the mist swirld around his body, nearly up to his waist. That was troubling. The mist was at an abnormal level, meaning that Kin Rakurai was disturbed in some way, be it anger or uncertainty, Teiko was unable to tell.

As he set his sight directly in front of him again, he spotted her, the menacing blades slung around her body and grasping a very familiar one.

As she approached, TEiko flinched a bit.

"Hello, Teiko." she stated, blankly. The mist began to swirl farther up, reaching mid-torso. Teiko began to worry even more.

"Is something wrong...?" he asked quietly, his voice beggining to shake a bit. His hands were shaking as well. Teiko cursed and clenched his hands, balling hem into tight little fists.

Kin RAkurai sighed a bit, showing a bit of emotion for once. "Yes, actually."

She sat down,, the water being only slightly disturbed. "That dream you had, it affected me as well."

Teiko sat across from her, feeling troubled by this. "You saw that dream- er, nightmare?"

Kin Rakurai nodded slowly. "Yes. I did." she began to lay back. Teiko watched curiously as her hood nearly slipped off ehr face, but she payed it no mind. "Why didn't you use your zanpakuto?"

Teiko winced. "I tried to. In the nightmare, I was unable to draw my sword. Why do you ask?"

Kin Rakurai sat uo so suddenly, that ehr hood flew back, for the first time revealing her facial features for Teiko to lay eyes upon. Her deep grey eyes bored into him as he sat there, mouth agape. "Liar."

Teiko smiled a bit. "Yeah. Right. Of course you know." he sighed. "I didn't use you, because I was afraid. I was too afraid to remember that you were there with me. I'm sorry."

Kin Rakurai for once smiled wryly, but caught herself. "Tell me the detasl of the dream." she said, frowning again.

"Gladly." Teiko stated as he began elaborating on his nightmare.

As the conference ended, Teiko looked back, seeing her put up her hood once more made him think.

What if I were more like my zanpakuto spirit...? Would the outcome of the dream have been different...?

Teiko shrugged off the thought, and ended the conference, his body returning to reality. He opened his eyes, exposing himself to the pale and dim light of his bedroom once more. As he climbed into bed, placing Kin Rakurai next to him, he fell asleep, dreadng that the nightmare would return agin, but fell asleep within seconds of his head coming in contact with the warm pillow. As he snored away, the air around him swirled with hungry mist, leaking in from the outside. The windows were opened slowly, spilling in the midnight mists that had been stirred.

Teiko, now awake after moments of sleep, stared at the mist.

"What the...?" he muttered to himself. There was usually no mist. No fog. Why was it appearing now?

Then, he saw a figure. Clothed in a cloak similar to his own, and a scarf draped around his neck. The sash he wore glinted silver in the moonlight that weaved it's way through the small clouds within his room. Teiko's gaze hardened.

"Heisho."

His hollow self laughed as he was introduced. "How nice of you to recognize me!"

Teiko jumped out of his bed, grabbing and unsheathing his zanpakuto all in one swift movement. He pointed the gleaming blade at his twin.

Heisho stood quietly, chuckling to himself as his black Haori flowed with the breeze, his grey hair following along. "You want to fight?" he asked innocently.

"Why are you here...?!" Teiko growled.

Heisho laughed heartily once more. "To educate you on the Shirub."

Teiko stood back, his eyes widening in shock. "What did you just say...?" Heisho smiled.

"I said... I'm here to teach you of the Shirub. They have a justified reason for battle all of you."

Teiko laughed wryly. He seethed as he spoke. "You? Teach ME?"

Heisho backed up, his eyes reflecting his indifference. "Tell me, why do you think they wish to annihilate all of the shinigami?"

Teiko stopped in mid-laugh. "Because they can't let go of the past. They are trying to exterminate us for what our ancestors did!"

Heisho chuckled. "They believe that if they exact revenge, that they will be at peace. But that is not the case. In fact, their satisfaction will only be temporary. They will have a short-lived happiness, and eventually, they will collapse again. They lost everything they ever loved, that is why they attack and slaughter countless shinigami. But they will never be able to bring their loved ones back."

Teiko snorted. "So?"

Heisho sighed. "They think that by killing every last one of you, that their victory will be everlasting. But it will be short lived. Because once they remember that they cannot bring their dead civilization and people back, they will be hopeless, sad and pathetic beings."

Teiko lowered his blade to his side, seeing the reason behind this. "And then what? We can't exactly put on a counterattack if we're dead."

Heisho smiled, a big toothy smile. "Think about it. Think about why they fight, Teiko. If you mention this to even one of them, their battle style as well as their demeanor shift instantly."

Teiko suddenly smiled. Heisho nodded and sank back into the small captains body, leaving him alone once more.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I added more onto the end guys, reread it if you already did rad it before.
over a year ago Ripcore said…
smirk
Hi guys, is there a chance i can still join? ^^
over a year ago blackpanther666 said…
There are no Captain positions available at the moment, nor are there any Vice-Captain ones that I know about. This RP is pretty much full, sorry dude.

(I'm also unsure as to why your emoticon is a smirk... What purpose do you have putting that up? Is that meant to somehow demean, or patronise the RP?)
over a year ago Ripcore said…
(No No idk why i added the smirk, but i was just wondering) Well alrighty ^^ (its so hard to find an active RP group these days)
[Adumbrative Entrance]

Captain M. Kurotsuki: (She carefully surveys the sky, waiting for even the slightest spacial disturbance. Her eyes scour, unyielding in their effort to connect with the man that plagues her very existence. Even in her sleep she is haunted by her memories, her fears, her mistakes and guilt. As she inspects the landscape, leaving no area unturned, she shuffles through scenarios, hoping to discern or predict a movement, a motive, or even a conscious statement. She has not planned, but this compliments her predicament. She is well-aware that planning has no effect on the outcome, especially when the shadow looms on the horizon. His presence…his reach is inexorable and his resolve unbreakable. Her thoughts begin racing. It becomes more difficult to isolate a single thought as tension begins to take hold once more. Despite her anxieties, her body remains firmly grounded and her attention directed at the sky.)

Lieutenant Sutomu: (Perplexed by her captain’s shift in priorities, she carefully maneuvers the anxiety filling the space around her and the captain. She quietly observes Mikazuki, aware of the internal strife, but unsure as to the source. Some matter of duty or grief is disquieting the captain, but all Shizuka knows to do is wait patiently beside her.) Captain, I know you’re concentrating, on what I do not know, but wouldn’t it be easier if I knew? I could help you, in any way possible, thereby releasing you from some of the burden…

Captain M. Kurotsuki: (She aggressively rotates her body, thrusting her sight onto Lieutenant Sutomu) What burden? Are you implying I have something to regret? Am I some failure that requires continuous support from a mere lieutenant? Well? Answer me!! DO I?! (Her voice steadily becomes louder and pronounced, ending her questioning with a fearsome roar).

Lieutenant Sutomu: (The frail bodied lieutenant’s insides tremble, despite her outward appearance. Her face becomes flushed and her eyes quaver as they inspect Mikazuki’s relentless gaze). My intention wasn’t to, in any way, insinuate a weakness. I was merely hoping to help ease your current situation by helping in any way possible. That is why you brought me, right, captain? I’m here to aid you. (She watches as Mikazuki’s expression slowly softens, dispelling the intensity, and shifting attention to the sky once more.) Inner-monologue: She’d prefer for me to ignore her subtle shift in mood, but what she lacks in control, I make up for in awareness. She doesn’t notice the colossal changes in her entire presentation. She is confident she is hiding her anguish, but it blankets her every word…her every expression. The trouble is, I can’t determine what is causing so much strife with her and she is unwilling to share it. Why here, though? Why did we venture so far to simply examine the area where she and Captain Tochigo encountered ex-captain Sairentosukai? She won’t provide any answers, which means I’m just as blind as she.
Captain M. Kurotsuki: (Suddenly their attention is diverted to the spacial phenomenon developing in the distance. The moment has arrived, allowing Mikazuki to breathe, but only for a brief moment. As she inhales, her body stiffens and her pupils dilate. She realizes that the time she had spent waiting was an amenity she wanted returned. She clenches her fists, scowling as the golden archway develops and the broad gates separate, revealing two entities, bathed in darkness. After hours of waiting, she can now question the man that terrorizes her).

Lietuenant Sutomu: Captain…(she is abruptly silenced by her captains hand. This was a sign to prepare, an omen of sorts. A bead of sweat rolled down her temple, even though she is actively trying to suppress her fear. The light breaches the darkness, revealing none other than Azriel and his angel escort, Traea, former lieutenant of squad nine. Shizuka exhales, feeling confident in her ability to counter a former lieutenant.)

Captain M. Kurotsuki: Don’t...Don’t allow your guard to fall, not now. She’s not a lieutenant, so you should resume your vigilance.

Lieutenant Sutomu: (Her eyes widen in disbelief. She was confident her disbursal of tension went unnoticed, but Captain Kurotsuki is correct. Her body tenses up as she places her hand on her hilt, prepared for absolutely anything. She must not allow past appearances to conflict with the present moment, it will only lead to disaster. Though she cannot help but become more terrified as she watches the two slowly exit the Waikiki Getou.) Inner-monologue: Liete…Traea may have altered her garments, but her mystique remains. I never understood why she chose...chooses to wear a mask. My suspicions were only confirmed when she defected. Aside from her unorthodox face-plate, I felt a mischievous…no…a corrupted aura emanating from her. I could never explain it to the other lieutenants, but having her nearby was unsettling, far different than that of Captain Aosu or Captain Korrotasu...She was different, but now I will have the opportunity to explore that…

[BEGIN PLAYING MUSIC]

Azriel: (He closely examines his surroundings, distributing little focus to the captain and her lieutenant. The dwindling sunlight manages to graze his skin, accentuating his alabaster skin and dark, but delicate features. His arms remain tightly pressed against his side when a burst of azure flames explode in front of him. His eyes slowly focus on Mikazuki, maintaining the posture necessary to deliver a level 73 hado.)

Traea: (Unfortunately for Mikazuki, Traea made quick work of the hado, disrupting it with a single swing of her Eiku.)

Azriel: (He and Traea land on the ground, only a short distance from Mikazuki and her lieutenant) Her reflexes are uncompromising, even when a captain’s speed is entered into the equation.

Captain M. Kurotsuki: (She frowns, relaxing her body slightly). So, you finally showed up. I didn’t realize you’d keep me waiting for so long.

Azriel: To be quite honest, I was not planning on entertaining this blatant attempt to goad me, but after careful consideration I relented.

Captain M. Kurotsuki: And her? Is she your bodyguard now?

Azriel: Let’s not be petty, captain, it only distracts from your charm.

Captain M. Kurotsuki: (She growls under her breath at his subtle mockery) Don’t play with me, I didn’t come here for that.

Azriel: Yes, that much is clear. It appears you travelled all this way for a much greater purpose. However, I fail to see how it helps you when it is rather convenient for me.

Captain M. Kurotsuki: What are you talking about?

Azriel: Lost already? Or is this your portrayal of the possum archetype? Either way, she will discover the truth, whether it is while you’re clutching onto the last moments of your life or while I drag her back to Shirubaraito.

Captain M. Kurotsuki: …

Azriel: Come now, you must have one of those noble and selfless retorts you and your brother are famous for. Unless you have no objections to me securing the lieutenant, after all, it was…(his speech is halted by another burst of azure flames, this version more potent and fearsome. Like the other, it is extinguished by Traea).

Traea: (Her most recent defense prompts a shift in priorities. She lunges forward, but is stopped when Azriel’s hand reaches across her chest. She relaxes her body, allowing her zanpakuto to drop beside her.)

Azriel: Don’t bother. I’ll focus on the captain while you secure the lieutenant. This is simply an opportunity we cannot dismiss.

Traea: I do not mean to question your authority, but I am more than qualified to exterminate the captain and procure the lieutenant. You need not worry, this is why I am here.

Azriel: I understand and have complete faith in your aptitudes. However, I would much rather Mikazuki’s blood spill as a result of my blade, no yours. (He shifts his attention from Traea and back onto Mikazuki, delivering a sinister glare) She hopes to engage me, so I plan on delivering this final request.

Captain Kurotsuki: Shizuka…

Lieutenant Sutomu: Yes, Captain?

Captain Kurotsuki: Traea is going to pursue you, so I need you to bring out all your tricks. If you hope to survive, you best bring your best.

Lieutenant Sutomu: …of course.

Captain Kurotsuki: (She watches as her lieutenant flash-steps into the distance) So, here I am, Azriel. This ends today! You will not torment me…the soul society any longer.

Azriel: (He slowly approaches her with a torpid, confident gait). Those are bold words considering the outcome of our last encounter. You and your fellow captain didn’t fair too well.

Captain Kurotsuki: IT IS JUST YOU AND ME! LEAVE EVERYONE OUT OF THIS!

Azriel: (His cold emerald eyes slowly examine her, revealing no accurate response) You want nothing more than to isolate the two us. That desire is enough to fuel poor judgment on your part. Tell me, have you shared your struggles with Kakura or Yua? …My guess is no. Your lieutenant is devoid of any particular knowledge on the subject. Of course, that is how you constructed it.

Captain Kurotsuki: Don’t try and manipulate the circumstances. I am not you, Azriel! I am not a traitor, an immoral and unreliable bastard!

Azriel: If I were you, I wouldn’t be so quick to separate our paths, Mikazuki. You’d be surprised at just how similar they are.

Captain Kurotsuki: Liar! ...You’ve always been a liar. You never cared about me. You manipulated me just like all the others. And for what? To give up any hope of happiness you may have had? That’s right…you could have been happy if you had not defected. You could have fought for something more…something greater than revenge. No, you don’t have the authority to compare me to you. We are nothing alike.

Azriel: Are you confident with that statement? If so, you wouldn’t be the least bit disturbed if I pointed out how you, at this very moment, are betraying your lieutenant, your brother, and your friends.

Captain Kurotsuki: You think so? Well, my blade hasn’t entered their backs, so I don’t think you’re accurate.

Azriel: So, the terms for betrayal come only at the cost of delivering a physical injury? What convenient logic. I was speaking metaphorically, I am afraid. You may not have drawn your blade with the intent of slaying your lieutenant, but you actions cemented her demise. Is she aware you led her here for the distinct purpose of using her as bait? (His eyes shift their focus to her lieutenant) Let’s not be coy. You may successfully hide behind your brazen attitude with your lieutenant and even your brother, but we’re both equivocators. You can’t deny the truth to someone who has a history of weaving successful lies. I’m afraid the convenience ends now.

Captain Kurotsuki: …(she grits her teeth, hoping to dispel the guilt she had been avoiding this entire time). So…you’re saying we’re no different because you lied to me and all the others and I lied to my lieutenant and brother?

Azriel: Need I restate the obvious? Wouldn’t you, as a perfectly logical being, conclude the same?

Captain Kurotsuki: (Her eyes fall to the ground, simply wandering the soil with no particular purpose).

Azriel: Now you plan on sulking? This was intended to be your moment of triumph, why dilute it with tears of shame and doubt?

Captain Kurotuski: …you bastard! I won’t allow you to get into my mind! I won’t allow you to manipulate my fears, my worries for the sheer purpose of tearing me from my happiness! I thought you were different; I fought for you, even now. But that moment has passed. I refuse to be manipulated and molded by someone as pathetic as you.

Azriel: I’d place your worries elsewhere, captain. I’ve already successful infiltrated your mind, and with no effort on my part. You’re a rather accommodating target. You do all the leg-work yourself. (His emerald eyes glow in the shade of the canyon, delivering a menacing gaze) I’d be far more concerned with how you want your last moments of life to be spent.

Captain Kurotsuki: (She clutches her blade tightly, drawing it with one, swift moment).

Azriel: I knew I should have gutted you the last time I had the opportunity. But I’ve been awarded a rare prospect and I won’t make the same mistake twice (His expression darkens as his blade materializes in his hand). You are, as the proverbial saying goes, a thorn in my side. And today is the day I successfully pluck you. After today, I will no longer need to consider the nuisance that was Captain Mikazuki Kurotsuki (said in a deep, threatening tone).

[Emersed Feelings]

Mikazuki leveled her sword at Azriel, her emerald green eyes hardening as she started inching towards him. azriel however just maintained eye contact, his blade remining at his side.

[Play Music]

Mikazuki leapt forward, running straight at Azriel, stabbing her blade forward at his throat. He mearly moved his head to one side, and stuck her in the stomach, sending her sliding back a few paces, with her breath leaving her for a second. She quickly resumes her assault, leaping into the air and bringing her right foot down to strike Azriel square on the crown of the head. He however stepped aside and lifted his blade, stabbing it at her neck level. She ducked underneath it and swept at his legs, causing Azriel to jump. She leapt after him, brining up her blade and wildly slashing at his body, which Azriel easily blocked with his own blade, before shunpoing away as she sent another kick in his direction. He shunpoed behind her, delivering a hard jab to her lower back, causing her to plummet to the ground. She landed in a roll and got back to her feet, brushing dirt from her shoulder.

Mikazuki: (She smirked a little noticing Azriel's dispossision had still not changed.) Heh, and I thought you wuld go for it right off the bat. Maybe that was too much to ask of some traitorous lowlife.

Azriel: (He let out a half-laugh) Ha and here is a shinigami lecturing me on who is the lower out of our two races. Your itellect is so small and your logic and reasoning is so misguided that you genuinely believed that I was your friend. You are a lower life form, Mikazuki. That is why you and the rest of your pathetic kind were so easy to manipulate. As I said earlier, you do all the leg work.

Mikazuki: (She bit her then responded) Are you really that good of an actor? (Her left hand cleanched into a fist and got tighter) Are there really no feelings at all for anyone who you shared your years with?

Azriel didn't respond, instead he shunpoed to within an inch of her face as he let a puch fire forward. mikazuki blocked it with her free arm and elegantly spun around trying to aim her blade for Azriel's ribs. He quickly stepped back and lifted a single finger.

Azriel: Byakurai

The powerful yet low level hado shot forward. Mikazuki tried to move out of the way but it caught her right shoulder leaving a small hole in its wake.

As blood trickled down her arm she clenched her teeth against the pain and shunpoed forwad at Azriel catching him slighty offguard and brought a heavy blow down onto his shoulder which only caused a small nick in his skin, but she could still see a faint trickle of blood seep from the wound.

Azriel: Is that really the best you can do, Mikazuki? I thought the squad 2 captain would have more skill than this.

Mikazuki leapt at him again wildly slashing her blade at him, brining down a relentless barrage of blows which Azriel blocked without a trace of effort. She then mixed up her barrage throwing in stabs, kicks and punches, trying desperately to force an opening. Azriel kept up with her amazing degree of speed without so much as a grunt but then Mikazuki saw it, a faint opening. she let her blade find the gap and stepped forward, adding extra momentum to her attack, however she found Azriel was no where to be seen.

She then groaned in pain as she felt his blade open up her back. she fell to the floor, cluching the left side of her back quickly tracing out a moderately sized yet shallow wound and she felt blood seep into her clothes, turning her white haori crimson.

Mikazuki: (She moaned as she slowly got to her feet) I'm not going to fall to you, bastard. [Inner Monologue] He is strong, terrifyingly so. But I won't fall to him again so long as I can still draw a breath. My feelings towards him are not going to factor into this battle. I hope at least that remains the case.

Azriel: (He let her rise, carefully watching her movements) Well you already have or did I just imagine that?

Mikazuki: (She stood up straight, but muttered her words to the point where Azriel had to focus on them)Why go this far to kill us then? (She turned on him, her emrald eyes showing only sheer rage) WHY GO THIS FAR JUST TO SETTLE A SCORE THAT DIED YEARS AGO?!
She shunpoed at him again raising her blade and brought it down...
over a year ago Man-of-Arcane said…
I'll be posting later today.

K0V, you're great, man, but you seriously need to find a way to incorporate a stage dedicated to revision. This is not intended to sound disparaging, but it is massively disruptive to the experience when I (I'm can't speak for anyone else) encounter countless errors within each sentence. Don't feel rushed into posting something. Take your time and edit your piece so it may read more fluidly.
Captain Isishio crumples to his knees, dropping his shikai in the process. He could feel the vine, the pain and sorrow dig deeper than the burning toxin. He clenches his fist as the memories pass in his mind. Their fights, the rare moments they got along, her dazziling but crazed smile, her beauty and power, like a tigeress. She showed him the lighter side of being a shinigami and did something he would never allow.

He let her into his life, into his heart.

Isishio:...What you call 'ignorance', I call chivilry, honor, courage, and love. You may be an 'Ivy Queen', but you will fall to the 'The Lotus Lancer'! I won't allow her to die, and I absolutly won't allow you to live! My seeds of hate will grow over your grave! You're no angel! You're a demon! (he grabs onto his dissapating shikai) Ketsueki, it's time. You may be the enemy, but I'll give you a quick end. (He drives his shikai into his own stomach) By the blood of the just: (he retracts it and drives it into the concrete) may my seed of victory bloom bright! BANKAI!

The concrete churns and glows brighter and brighter with each drip of blood to hit the ground. His arms remain motionless, his countanance hardening as wind blows away his hair and ripping apart his haori and top, revealing his boney arms and chest, yet a large lotus flower tattoo lays against his right shoulder, black and bold against his marble white skin. He draws back the blade, the handle elongating taller than himself, a large series of cresent blades forming the top of the hilt resemble the golden flower of his shikai perfectly, only backward. From it stems a gargantuan lance blade, a cone wrapped in a spiral blade, resembling a drill bit. He holds the scabbard in his free hand as he spins the lance high above his head until slamming it down onto the ground. He then tucks the handle beneath his arm and lets it down gently so it points towards his opponent.

Isishio: Difendabainzu. (A sheild of interlaced metal vines sprouts from the scabbard and is brought up to level with the lance. He makes a wide stance, almost as to sprint.) You want to get serious, I'll get serious. Let's see what your little dandylion can do.
And with that Farfalla let loose a a flick of her wrist to level a mountain, only to be blocked by Isishio's sheild, as an orchestra of scraping metal echoed out. Isishio kept up the block as he galloped forward, the sound cresendoing as he forced away the immense power from interfereing. He thrust his arm forward with a wrist rotation, which skimmed her waistline and sucked up what little rivlets of blood were produced.
Farfalla: So, you still have that trick? A few drops won't help you.
Isishio: What about a quart? You think that near-sepaku was for nothing? (he almost buckles with the words) Piasu no chi! (a laser fine blood beam jettisons from the lance, but its aim is scewed by his light-headedness.
Farfalla: Ha! You're barely able to stand, how will you fight?
Isishio: By using the shinigami way (He swing up, catching her left arm then spinning the lance, causing deep lacerations, then jumps away) Sneak attack. Now, lets see how well that arm burns.

Farfalla: What are you yammering about...fool!

Isishio: I think I'm about to see what happens when you're destroyed by your own toxins. But don't worry. I'll bleed you out before that happens. (He throws away his sheild and takes the handle in both hands then throws it like a javelin, following fast behind it, it pins down a vine, then he goes straight for Farfalla and his tattoo lights up and lotus blossoms fly from it and cover his arm, transforming to a metal gauntlet as it slices through her stomach) This is The Lotus Lasher, another little trick of mine. (He rips it out and absorbs the blood, letting it gather in the gauntlet's palm, a orb of red energy lifting to the center of Farfalla's forehead.) Beg for your life, or take the brave route. Either way, you will die.
Ivy queen?
I ment to say "you may be an Ivy Queen". I'll fix it.
Her zanpakuto has nothing to do with ivy, it makes no sense.
big smile
I think Ezretha was simply giving Farfalla a 'nickname'. I doubt Arcane is trying to patronise you, Crazie. The Zanpakuto doesn't have to be made of'Ivy' in order to constitute a harmless nickname, it is simply a figure of speech. Lol.
Thank you, panther, exactly.
smile
Heh, just thought I'd butt in and point that out, in case teeth and claws came out. Be posting later today, by the way, guys. XD
Who said anything about patronizing? "Ivy queen" just doesn't have any merit, that's all. And I don't believe that qualifies as a figure of speech. Your effort, however, did not go unnoticed.

To be honest, though, I don't care what you call her. I was merely confused. "Ivy queen" was incredibly random. Thorn princess or something to that effect would seem more appropriate, but I doubt you gave it much thought. Carry on, arcane.
tongue
Well, given that her Zanpakuto acts similar to a vine, I'd say it was exactly that, a figure of speech put in the form of a nickname. Nicknames are never really meant to have merit, they are just silly names that people/characters come up with, in order to familiarise themselves with someone else.

Anyway, bedtime for me, so it is bonne nuit, to you guys.
Rationalizing doesn't constitute logic, sorry.
just stop guys. REally, this is rediculous. It was for our entertainment, Crazie. i know i wasn't initially part of the conversation, but seriously, it was just a harmless joke. Come on, can't the rest of us have a bit of fun as well? Because honestly, it was time for Ezretha to react appropriately, and so he did. It's just the way Ezretha talks. he uses figures of speech. So what? It wasn't meant to be offensive or anything like that, even i could see that when i read it.

I'm not an expert on anything at this point(art being the only exception), but really, there was nothing wrong with having a bit of fun with his post. Theres really no need to patronize him about it. I agree fully with Blackpanther and Man-of-Arcane.
rediculous, ha! Link, you're amazing.
hmmm
I'm actually amazed that I know you, and yet I never seem to know when you're being sarcastic. Hmmm.....
Lol, Crazie... you don't have to be so literal about everything. Its great that you take things so seriously, but there's simply no need to take that joke so seriously; its not like it is going to affect the RP in any way, so why does it matter?
over a year ago Zordaik said…
Never mind this little disagreement. On a lighter note, I'll most probably be posting tonight or tomorrow evening. Either way, it'll be soon.
big smile
Wooo!
[Phase Two! Parameta Yaiba Vs. Zurui]

Zurui again dodged an attack that could very well have cleaved his head in two and then parried the follow-through, smashing the Shikai blade back at Parameta Yaiba and then he shunpoed and attempted a cut into the other's shoulder, only to find that Parameta Yaiba had already dodged and begun a counter-attack, which bulled into his katana viciously and sent him lfying backwards, until he came to a halt, in the midst of a large, rocky outcrop.

'So, it seems as though you have an edge over me, doesn't it?' Zurui stood up and stared at his counter-part.

'Well, ever the calm one in the midst of a fight, eh Zurui? I respect your nonchalant, pseudo-cavalier attitude, but it won't be enough to help you learn more powers... You'll have to defeat me, in order to find out.'

'I expected no less of you, my scheming counter-part...'

'Well-said...'

At that, Parameta Yaiba screamed in for the kill, utilising his speed at even greater bursts of acceleration. They clashed again, but this time Parameta Yaiba hit with his full strength, flinging Zurui like a rag-doll, who, nonetheless, managed to spiral and flip out of it, landing awkwardly on the ground. Zurui reddened slightly, his temper beginning to show a little and disappeared in a burst of light, appearing above Parameta Yaiba and then used his swift shunpo to create a few after-images of himself, which all congregated around the Zanpakuto's spirit. Zurui grinned.

'Synchronise, Parameta Yaiba!' A flash of green energy, now aroused, flared around the outline of his body and his katana largened, into the same weapon that Parameta Yaiba held. Zurui leapt at his opponent and they clashed, this time Zurui was able to expend more brute strength into the swing of the largened, slightly longer weapon. He sliced into the shoulder of his Zanpakuto's spirit, drawing a thin spray of blood and a mostly superficial cut. Parameta Yaiba grinned at him, unsurprised and renewed his attack. They clashed again, but this time they both separated awkwardly and Zurui got the chance to fire off a strengthened Shakkaho, which exploded in Parameta Yaiba's face. When the red smoke cleared, the Zanpakuto spirit had scuff and burn marks all over his body and he had begun to pant slowly.

'You seem to be a worthy opponent... Bankai!' A uprise of reiatsu burst from the blade of the opposite Parameta Yaiba and the Zanpakuto's spirit was shrouded in an eerie, green light, that pulsated slowly and was incredibly dense.

'Kiritsu No Gunjin!'

Suddenly Zurui was falling, his chest bleeding profusely and his strength suddenly felt sapped, almost gone. 'Dammit!'

Zurui landed in a pile of dirt, feeling like the substance itself. He got up slowly and just gaped at his counter-part, who still had remnants of the green aura around his body.

'How did you get your Bankai so powerful and why is mine lacking in that respect?'

'Because. I will show you this if you defeat me...'

'I- I don't know if I can...' Zurui hung his head, feeling useless and weak for the second time in his life.

'Fool! Of course you can, just try your best and never give up and you'll see what will happen. Now initiate your Bankai, otherwise I'll leave you in even worse condition than you are already in.'

Zurui stood there, still feeling battered and pained. 'Fine. If I have to, then I will. Bankai!'

-Will this do it?! Can I really defeat him like this?-
big smile
I'll edit the rest in later... I have stuff to do now. Peace out, guys. XD. Oh and looking forward to your post, Zord.
[Sunset Strife]

Azriel: (Continuing his effortless defense, his blade grinds into Mikazuki’s. He fends off more than her blade, but her fearsome rage, fueling every swing of her blade). It is said a sign of brave warrior is one that can face their opponent, to whom they are assuredly outmatched, and demand answers. Regarding your position, however, it is merely foolish. But if you’re willing to waste the last precious moments of your existence on nonsense, who am I to object?

Captain Kurotsuki: (She delivers a piercing gaze before choreographing a new strategy in her mind. She releases his blade from the weight of her own, darting backwards. As soon as her foot touches the soil, she flash-steps with blinding speed.)

Azriel: (His gaze is unrelenting in lieu of her tactical instability. Twisting his body and elongating his arm, his blade manages to prevent Mikazuki’s aerial advance. Her blade collides with his, prompting a shockwave of energy to radiate across the soil. While their blades remain connected, she swings her leg, aiming for his neck. He simply raises his arm, firmly halting the attack.)

Captain Kurotsuki: (She quickly retracts her blade, simultaneously kicking off his arm and rotating her body. She becomes a cyclone of blade strikes, her rotation become faster with each passing second. Her blade strikes his, generating sparks with each collision.)

Azriel: (He is forced to step backward as her cyclonic blade pursues him. His defensive technique is simple, allowing her blade to strike his, shifting his blades edge from left to right.)

Captain Kurotsuki: (From the swirling vortex, Mikazuki shouts) Tsuzuri Raiden!

Azriel: (His eyes widen as the blade quickly strikes his, sending a massive current of electricity through his blade. He quickly releases his zanpakuto, allowing it to fall and piece the soil. He flash-steps backwards, skidding across the soil.)

Captain Kurotsuki: (She immediately ceases her assault, acknowledging his blade in the soil.) Looks like someone dropped their blade… (She smiles and leans down to pick it up, but upon touching the hilt, she feels a tingling sensation throughout her body and abruptly falls to the ground as though she were made of iron).

[BEGIN PLAYING MUSIC]

Azriel: Instead, my perceived misfortune became my advantage. This is yet another example of the magnitude at which you are outclassed. (With a leisurely gait, Azriel approaches the immobile Mikazuki.) In the coming hour, whether you choose to accept your lack of strength, your life will begin set, just as the sun does each evening. And when the last modicum of light begins to leave your eyes, I will drag your lifeless body back to the Soul Society. And though I may not construct an ostentatious presentation, the entire Seireitei will receive a powerful message and your body will be the herald.

Captain Kurotsuki: (she glares at Azriel from the ground, her eyes quivering with fear and anger) Why…?

Azriel: (His emerald eyes fixate onto hers as he speaks) Isn’t it obvious? Revenge.

Captain Kurotsuki: Revenge SOLVES NOTHING!

Azriel: Doesn’t it, though? Before the Gotei 13 attacked Shirubaraito, revenge was as simple as the proverbs it hid behind. Delicate and convenient morality slogans such as, “two wrongs don’t make a right.” But, of course, two wrongs can never make a right because two wrongs can never equal one another. For the truly wronged, real satisfaction can only be found in one of two places, absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness, I’m afraid.

Captain Kurotsuki: (she glares at his ominous expression as his lips turn downward)

Azriel: When deception cuts this deep…someone must atone for past transgressions. When all has been said and done, you will have a new understanding of suffering. And I will be the one to reprogram that definition. Fortunately for you, your suffering will be short-lived. As for the Gotei 13, in particular your brother, it will be an invasive experience. They will beg for death as they watch all that is the Soul Society crumble around them.

Captain Kurotsuki: (Her eyes widen, filled with an assortment of indiscernible emotions) NO! (She releases a boom of spiritual pressure, allowing her to escape from the Hado cast upon his blade. He leaps up, preparing to decimate her opponent. Fire roars in her heart and eyes, prompting her to unleash a powerful Hado. The surge of energy roars toward Azriel…)

Azriel: (He holds out his hand, effortlessly calling his blade from the ground. It slices through the energy before landing in his hand. With his other hand, he effortlessly defends against the surge of energy, resisting its stampede.) What don’t you understand? I am far beyond a captain’s strength, evidenced by the relative ease at which I dismiss all your efforts. You and the rest of your cohort are such insufferable degenerates. No matter how many times you and the others encounter me and lose, your inflated opinion of yourself do not adjust.

Captain Kurotsuki: It has nothing to do with inflated egos, a concept you know little about. It is about having faith in your comrades and our convictions. And it’s about having hope, an undying hope that justice will prevail despite the obstacles.

Azriel: What absolute drivel. (His tilts his head to the side, delivering a sinister gaze) I’ll personally decimate any belief in the power of faith and hope. And you’ll be the catalyst. So I recommend you release your Bankai, otherwise your death will arrive sooner than predicated. Cast your shadow…Yamayana…

[Stubbornness-A Family Trait]

Mikazuki watched as the shadows began to rise from around Azriel along with a rise in his spiritual pressure. However she maintained her ground, levelling her eyes with him as she raised her zanpakuto.

Mikazuki: Incinerate the Unworthy, Kurojigoku!

The black flames surged up her arm, coating her blade in black flames. She then held her blade at the ready, waiting for an incoming attack.

Azriel: (His expressionless eyes did not leave her, as he started speaking) Hmm, not going to release your bankai? As courses of action go, that would be the most idiotic as well as the illogical decision a person in your situation could make. Is this your pride speaking for you?

Mikazuki: (She shrugged, dropping her guard a little. Her voice while contempt laden was not above her normal volume) Not really, I just didn't want to take your advice. Why should I take the advice of a traitor? It would make a rather inadequate fighter if I followed my enemies advice now, wouldn't it? I'm surprised you didn't expect it though, being the logical person you are Azriel.

Azriel: (His expression and his tone of voice remained as they were) Your taunts will not effect me, Mikazuki. I am not weak-minded, something which I can not say about you.

Mikazuki: (She scoffed at his words, her green eyes shining in the dim moonlight) Weak-minded? Don't make me laugh Azriel. I'm overly trusting and, thanks to you, Zalbeseal and Sekhmet, that will be a character flaw that will be quickly modified.

[Play Music]

She flash-stepped forwards, closing the distance between the two of them almost instantly, however was met by Azriel's shadows in a wall of spikes. She flipped over it, unleashing a maelstrom of flame at him, watching carefully as she landed and quickly evading a torrent of threads that had been unleashed upon her. Azriel stepped from the smoke and flames trying to bat away the flames that tried to ravage his left sleeve, while controlling the shadows with his right hand, noticing that his efforts at extinguishing the flames were futile.

Mikazuki watched as he ripped the sleeve off and was quickly brought back to focusing on the threads as they doggedly followed her every move, forcing her to keep evading and creating more distance between the two of them. She let loose a burst of flames at the threads, causing a large amount of smoke to be thrown up. Making use of this she flash stepped forwards, letting loose countless flame bursts at Azriel, forcing him to block them with his shadows. Mikazuki appeared in front of him, stabbing her blade forwards at his chest. A lone thread of shadow ensnared the blade and forced it into the ground where upon a barrage of black spikes surged at Mikazuki causing her to relinquish her grip on her blade and retreat to a safer distance.

Azriel: (His cold eyes locked onto Mikazuki, maintaining a hawk like gaze on her as he spoke) It seems like the position has been reversed now. However I, unlike you, will not be foolish enough to try and obtain your blade.

Mikazuki: (She smirked, quickly placing her still flaming right hand on the ground) Who said you needed to?

Azriel looked down at the zanpakuto just at the moment a large column of flame expanded from the ground around it. The ground cracked from the intense heat as well as large clouds of dust and debris were sent into the air, even the jewel encrusted ground started to catch fire from the flames heat. Mikazuki withdrew her hand from the ground, watching the aftermath of her work. A small surge of flame centred around her hand, returning her zanpakuto to her. She was suddenly confronted by a stone-eyed Azriel who punched her in her solar plexus before kicking viciously in the face as she bent over. She rocketed into the air only to be sent back down even quicker by another strong kick.

Mikazuki managed to roll out of the drop, but not without leaving a large crater from where she hit the earth. She watched as Azriel landed and yet again got sent onto the evasive as he sent another barrage of threads after her. However due to the speed of the threads, she suffered cuts to her arms and legs before being hated by a thread that went through her left side. She quickly grabbed the razor sharp thread with her right hand after quickly switching sword hands and dispersed the thread with flames. She suddenly and for Azriel, unexpectedly, flash-stepped to within a few feet of him and hit the ground with her still free right hand, causing a surging wall of flames to head straight for him. He blocked with his shadows and then clutched his right arm as Mikazuki flashed past him, slashing him.

Azriel: (He turned to her, his eyes hard due to her injuring him, his clothing singed and in some places still burning) Mikazuki Kurotsuki, you still remain a thorn in my side, even when your future is a virtual certainty. All that awaits you is death and I'm finally done playing around with you.

Mikazuki: (She had a grim smile playing on her face) Sorry, I'm too stubborn to die, but then again, you should know that by now, Azriel.
The figure of a woman stood atop the cliff. The cliff was just one of the four sides of the very high rise that sat adjacent to a small lake. The rise surrounded the lake on all sides except for one small stretch of beach, and spaced out on the perimeter of the cliffs were crashing waterfalls. It truly was a place of beauty.

Vyenna wasted no time. She extracted a powdery substance, glowing blue, from her garments and cast it into the air. It disappeared within seconds, leaving the smell of hollow. Minutes passed before a minute black fracture appeared in the sky. Quickly, it grew larger and larger until it rivaled the size of the lake it was forming above. Then, casting a long shadow over the sun-drenched water, several Menos Grande descended from the portal. The Garganta.

Vyenna never allowed any emotion to show on her face. She merely watched, amused, as the behemoth creatures let out blood-curdling screams and began to make their way east. Toward the Soul Society. They moved painfully slow, she noted, but that was for the better. It meant there was a larger chance for the Shinigami to come to her.

Vyenna took a seat at the very edge of the cliff, cross legged, set her sheathed sword down beside her, and closed her eyes. She had to concentrate. She had to sense Shinigami reiatsu, should any appear. But more than anything else, she told herself, she must succeed.

After listening to the massive footfalls of the beasts, though the time between steps seemed like ages, Vyenna concluded that they were not approaching her. That meant she was doing a good job suppressing her reiatsu. So Vyenna Tsetzu remained still, waiting without anxiety, for whoever might come to her.

-End-
[Midnight Surrender]

Azriel: (He watches as Mikazuki smiles, having achieved a successful injury) I wouldn’t begin celebrating yet, Mikazuki.

Captain Kurotsuki: Why not? I have the drive and the rage to defeat you now. It’s what I was missing during our previous battles, which makes this all the more satisfying. (She watches as he examines his wounds, the flames burning brightly on his skin) Don’t bother trying to extinguish those flames. Unless I seal my blade, they will never submit.

Azriel: You seem awfully confident considering our past encounters. (He calmly stares at Mikazuki and boldly speaks) Suijōki (His body evaporates, dissipating into the atmosphere).

Captain Kurotsuki: What the hell (She shouts with absolute consternation)?! Where are you (She carefully examines where his corporeal self once stood, baffled by his disappearance)? This is impossible! No one has ever been able to…

Azriel: (He materializes behind her) …Extinguish your flames. Yes, so you stated earlier. Unfortunately, as I have mentioned countless times, I am leagues beyond your abilities as a captain. Not even in 1000 years could you hope to achieve my level of strength.

Captain Kurotsuki: (She watches Azriel vanish, but before she could respond, his fist was pulverizing her defense. Air bursts from her mouth, simultaneously releasing a subtle groan. His fist burrows into her chest before catapulting her into the distance. The force from a single punch renders Mikazuki an unstoppable projectile. Her body collides with the crystal encrusted canyon walls, generating a massive crater to its hull. She falls from the canyon’s wound, struggling to regain her compose and breath. Before she has time to recover, Azriel is already upon her. She stabs her blade into the soil, producing a chaotic eruption from below. Flames burst through the ground, incinerating all that they contact. She watches as Azriel pushes through the pillar of flames, clutching her by her throat. He begins running across the canyon side, dragging her face across the robust skin of the mountain. He then twists his body and throws her, but to his displeasure, she skids across the ground and rockets back toward him. She thrusts her blade forward, almost piercing his body. The tip of the blade pushes into his stomach, prompting his defensive ability. He dissolves into a fine mist, which gusts into her face and around her body. Her blade strikes the mountain releasing a torrent of flaming energy that burrows deep into the canyon. Appearing behind her, he takes both of his fists and hammers them into her lower back. She screams in anguish as the pain surges through her body. She throws her head back, slamming Azriel in the face. He stumbles backwards, prompting her to attempt another backward head-bash. As she does, he regains his composure, shaking off the pain, and grabs the back of her head with his palm and slams her face into the canyon-side. Due to her earlier attack, the force of the push allows her body to crash through a cavern-like cubby in the canyon side. She bashes through the wall and takes no time to inspect her surroundings. She rolls across the ground and flips around, firing a kido). HADO 63: Raikōhō

Azriel: (His eyes widen as multiple channels of searing lightning erupt from inside the canyon. In an attempt to defend, the shadows cleave and lift a large piece of the earth, hoisting it in front of him. The lighting strikes the thick rampart, shattering the defense. Stone and lightning fragments strike Azriel, searing his cheek and side. He flash-steps to the left, regaining his bearings and speeds toward the cavern entrance. Mikazuki zooms out, swinging her blade in an arc-like flash, sending flames soaring through the air. He quickly leans back, defying gravity, and limbos beneath the flames. He lands on his back and allows the momentum to aid his rotating kicks. He trips Mikazuki, recoils his body, landing on his feet.) Hado 58: Ōsutoraria setsudan! (With those words his fists becoming burning orbs of pure energy.)

Captain Kurotsuki: (Mikazuki immediately attempts to avoid his attack, understanding the source of his power. She rolls across the ground as his fists strike into the ground. With each successful impact, the energy enveloping his firsts devastates the soil, generating massive craters, completely obliterating the earth. She uses her flames to rockets her backwards, allowing her to flip up and land on her feet. The pursuit, she observes, is not complete. She quickly evades his attack, watching as his fists jointly pummel the canyon wall, rendering a portion of its exterior decimated.)

Azriel: (He swiftly rotates his body, swinging at her torso. She manages to evade him, prompting him to slam his fists into the ground once more. The force devastates the landscape, but it doesn’t end there. He uses his hands to anchor himself in the ground, bringing his legs into the air and landing on the other sides of his firsts. When he touches the ground, he darts forward and with lightning reflexes swings at Mikazuki. She barely evades his attack, though her shoulder is clipped. Azriel watches as she zooms across the ground, slamming into a nearby rock, protruding from the ground.

Captain Kurotsuki: (She grips her shoulder tightly with her fingers, trying to calm the searing pain surging throughout. Her eyes dart toward Azriel, whose shadows pursue her. She begins gliding across the wall of the canyon, each thread striking the wall like bullets. Suddenly, the threads, still latched onto the canyon side, stiffen and begin moving like a wave in the ocean. The cascade of shadows, comprised of 40 or more threads, surge across the crystal layered walls. They effortlessly cleave through the robust crust of the canyon, carving their way toward Mikazuki. She jumps off the canyon wall, landing on the ground, but their assault doesn’t cease. They change their angle and slice through the canyon into the soil. She quickly generates an eruption of flames, which make contact with the ocean of threads. The threads, like loose piano wires, burst from the ground, flailing in the air. As though they were rabid beasts, they haphazardly strike the area around them, whipping the soil, generating large scars. The slender threads abruptly adjust their posture, arcing toward Mikazuki. They enter a new phase of attack, bombarding the captain with black, speeding bullets. She evades them, swinging her blade, hoping that her flames will dismiss the scattered fragments. However, one strikes her foot, cleanly piercing her flesh and bone and exiting into the soil. She screams in agony as the pain pulsates throughout her foot.)

Azriel: As I said earlier, it’d be more appropriate if you activated your Bankai. With your Shikai alone, you can only hope to defend for another minute or two.
over a year ago AceDarkwolf17 said…
Kai Shuichi, his LT. Kaiya and Lt. Kaito Itsuki were walking back from the Shuichi Manor. They were walking through the streets of the Seireitei when Kai sensed something odd.

Kai: Somethings not right

Kaiya: Captain, what do you mean?

Kai: An uneasy feeling like something bad is about to happen

Kaito: I dont feel anything

Kai: Lets go check it out (shunpos to the general location)

Kaiya and Kaito follow Kai as they head to the outskirts of Soul Society. As they got closer, they began to feel the spirital pressure of Hollows. When they got even closer, they saw what they had been feeling. They saw several Menos Grandes walking towards their direction.

Kaito: How?

Kai: Someone brought them here. My guess, its one of those new enemies

Kaiya: What should we do Captain?

Kai: You two will handle the Menos and I'll find the one responsible. There is one vantage point in this area, so i'll look there first

They split up, the two lieutenants went to the Hollows and Kai went to the one responsible. He feeling of going to the hill was correct cause he found her

Kai: (shunpos behind the female and sits down in a meditative position listening to his music)
[The Dragon is Revealed]

Mikazuki clenched her teeth against the pain that rose from her foot. Staring Azriel down with watery eyes. Azriel stared back blankly, his green eyes boring holes into her, while his threads swirled about him as he racked his brains for a possible plan or opening. Mikazuki let her blade drop until it was pointing at the ground. She wiped her eyes with her free hand, clearing up her sight , all the while her spiritual pressure was rising.

Azriel: (He sighed from exasperation, all the while his emotionless eyes remained locked on her) I still do not understand why you futilely keep trying to fight me. It does not matter how powerful you think you are, compared to me you are nothing and will remain so until your dying moments. So just give up and make it easier on yourself.

Mikazuki: (Her eyes filled with unparalleled levels of rage and pride, all the while her voice broke through the crackling of the flames and falling of rubble) Don't kid yourself Azriel. Futilely, if you haven't noticed, your bleeding, burnt and bruised. Besides giving up isn't really an option right now. Now since you've been requesting it so much, I will grace you with my bankai.

Black flames swirled around her, hiding her from view. They dispersed just as quickly as they appeared, revealing the bone plates that encased her legs, hands and chest along with the plate skirt and the shoulder guard in the shape of a dragon skull. The rest of her body was covered in flames. Azriel watched as two large wings unfolded from her back, made out of flame as well.

[Play Music]

Mikazuki spread her wings wide, firing off a rapid and continuous barrage of bullet like balls of fire at Azriel, causing him to use his shadows to block with his shadows. She then raised her now serrated blade and fired off a sweeping burst of flame while maintaining the rapid fire attack. Azriel dispersed into mist again, sweeping past Mikazuki, who at this moment stopped her attacks and turned, fining Azriel materializing a few feet away. She flashed to within a few inches of him, brining a booted foot down on his shoulder. Azriel responded by grabbing her leg, his spiritual pressure protecting his hands from her flames, and threw her away from him, following up with more threads that pursued her. As they got within a few inches of her she blocked the threads with her wings, enabling her to plant her feet on the floor and wincing as she did. After being pushed along a few meters, she finally came to a stop and sent flames down the threads from her wings, burning them as the flame sped along. Azriel quickly made them evaporate and was surprised to find Mikazuki in front of him as she brought her blade down on him. Azriel evaporated into mist again, only this time upon materializing he was suddenly engulfed by a familiar column of flame. He shouted out in pain as the intensely hot flames started to slowly burn away the outer layer of his skin. He disappeared again, appearing before Mikazuki and punched her below the chest plate, causing her to be sent flying again, gasping for air.

Azriel breathed deeply, as he sent a barrage of serrated threads at her, while she carried on careering into the valley side. There was a mass explosion of rubble as the threads impacted with the valley side. When the dust cleared, he noticed that she was no where to be seen.

Azriel: [Inner Monologue] This is getting tiresome. Where could she have disappeared...

He groaned as he looked down to find Mikazuki's black blade through the right side, he turned his head towards her, his eyes growing harder by the second.

Mikazuki: (Her smile was the most visible thing on her face, apart from the cuts she suffered from the impact, however her smile was one of malice, not of cheeriness) Your not the only one who can disappear Azriel. Besides, I think now I'm living up to this whole “Thorn in my side” analogy now, aren't I?

It took a few seconds before Mikazuki realized she had been thrown by Azriel, as she landed back n her feet, realizing her zanpakuto was still lodged in his side. She quickly summoned it back, smirking in satisfaction upon hearing Azriel's painful moans as the sword burst into flame.

Azriel looked up at her, clutching his side, as he raised his left hand and sent a surging wave of threads at Mikazuki, who could only watch in shock as they landed on her, cutting her face, body, arms, legs, even impaling her t the ground in some places. She screamed in untold agony, watching as the threads dispersed, revealing a stone eyed Azriel staring down at her.

Azriel: (His eyes didn't change their composure as he spoke) Now Mikazuki, you will...

Mikazuki slammed her thankfully free hand down upon the floor causing a colossal maelstrom of flame to engulf them both, freeing her from the threads holding her down. Azriel leapt out of the flames, and sent another wave of flames at her. Mikazuki blocked it with a wave of her own, causing yet another explosion. Azriel could not see through the smoke, instead he quickly looked around at their surroundings, taking in the plethora of destruction both of them had caused. He looked back at the smoke seeing it clear and gasped at what lay before him.

Mikazuki: (She stood regally holding her zanpakuto, like her brother would, across her shoulders) What your witnessing Azriel is my first technique. Kaenryū. Not many have seen this, and I know for a fact that your precious leader hasn't.

Mikazuki was standing in front of a colossal dragon made entirely out of flame.
cool
These are so epic guys! Amazing work:) I'll have a post up later!
[Blood Stained Roses]

Farfalla: (She clutches her stomach, watching as the blood pools in her palm) I have to say…(wincing from pain) you’re tougher than you look, Captain. Fortunately, you’re more foolish than you look, too. Did you think I could be poisoned by my own toxin? That’s absurd logic, but one can’t expect much more from a captain of the Gotei 13.

Captain Isishio: It doesn’t matter. You’re mortally wounded and don’t have much time left. I warned you from the moment we met. You will lose today, Farfalla. Another angel will lose her wings.

Farfalla: Perhaps, but you don’t think it ends with me, do you?

Captain Isishio: (He stares at her quizzically) What do you mean? I know there are others. Why point out the obvious?

Farfalla: You misunderstand, captain. I wasn’t directing your attention to my sisters and brothers, I was highlighting your priorities.

Captain Isishio: Is that so? How might you have been doing that? Meanwhile…you’re nearing death.

Farfalla: (She laughs softly) You should be much less concerned with me and more with the individuals to come. You and your comrades have yet to acknowledge the difference between each opponent you’ve faced thus far. I’m well-aware my sister, Nejera, has moved on, but I wouldn’t celebrate just yet. By simply defeating Nejera and myself, you have done nothing more than motivated the others. All more powerful than even me…

Captain Honoko: You’re ranked according to your spiritual prowess…

Farfalla: And the medical captain has successfully pieced the puzzle to together. Congratulations, captain. It appears you’re brighter than your male counterpart. Like I said, it won’t end with me. Of course there are others, but you should be concentrating less on how many and more on which one…

Captain Honoko: That symbol on the back of your neck, it represents your rank, does it not?

Farfalla: Indeed it does, Captain Honoko. Each angel has a unique symbol branded somewhere on his or her body, representing their rank.

Captain Honoko: And you…I believe that symbol represents seven.

Farfalla: Two for two, captain. This has become quite a match of wits.

Captain Honoko: Ezethra…reports confirmed that Nejera was the eighth Angel. Ergo, she was the weakest of the group.

Captain Isishio: It looks like we’re heading to the top rather quickly then.

Captain Honoko: …Ezethra…

Farfalla: You’re certainly no scholar, Captain Isishio. It was appropriate that you were placed as captain of squad 11. The majority of which are quite limited cognitively. However, I have news which you may find rather disagreeable. (She delivers a brooding glare)…you see…the mechanics of our ranks are rather crude and the difference between the numbers can range either slightly or heavily. Fortunately for you, Nejera and I were almost evenly matched, which provided you a rare opportunity. I can’t say the same for the others…

Captain Honoko: (Her eyes expand as she contemplates Farfalla’s words)

Farfalla: It’s appropriate to be frightened Captain Honoko. It makes absolute sense to fear the unknown, especially when what you seek may be more than you bargained for. (she leans over, groaning from the pain). As the seventh strongest angel, many of the others far outrank me. The top four are what you should be the most concerned by. There power is far beyond my own. I can promise you this much…you’ll need more than what you’ve displayed today to even come close to the ar…(she falls to her knees, gripping her hilt tightly). Hah…but it doesn’t end there. You still have those above even the eight angels. You will have the pleasure of meeting them shortly, I am sure, but it won’t end as well as this encounter. Sekhmet-dono’s four…will annihilate the Soul Society. You attacked us because you feared our power…a power you had never witnessed. You heard many stories, but I can guarantee they will all pale in comparison to the authentic experience. You’ll be able to experience first-hand the power you tried to drive to extinction.

Captain Honoko: We need to report what little we now know to the others…

Captain Isishio: Not before we end this bitch…

Farfalla: Even if you do end me…you will not win.

Captain Isishio: I will cut down all that stand in the way of justice. And I assure you that includes SEKHMET!

Farfalla: (She begins laughing hysterically, mocking the bold captain) Hahahahaha….hahahaha….ha ha ha…(she regains her bearings and stands on her feet, gazing at the captains with a tinge of humor in her face) You silly, silly captains. You don’t get it, do you? If you were to face Sekhmet in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of an old master…

Captain Honoko: An old master…what do you mean?

Farfalla: Ah, ah, ah…(waving her finger at Captain Honoko) we’re not done here. You shouldn’t try and use distractions to win a battle (venus flytrap-like creatures burrow from beneath the soil. Their jaws catapult forward, attached to a long stem connecting them to their primary body. Several sink their venomous jaws into Captain Honoko and Captain Ishishio)…or should you?! Haha!

Captain Isishio: Piasu no chi (he shouts violently, as the jaws of the menacing plants sink into his flesh. His stream of energy manages to sever multiple of the heads, releasing him from their grip. Unfortunately, upon being severed from the membrane, attaching them to their body, triggers a release of fluid toxin. The corrosive liquid spews from the wounded membranes, scouring his body. He flash-steps into the distance, falling on the ground and rolling across the soil to prevent the acid from spreading. He leaps up, throwing much of his clothing to the ground. He can feel the acid atrophying all that it touches.) Yua…don’t cut the membranes!

Captain Honoko: I’m aware…you need to sever the jaw, instead. (She slices through their jaws with impressive precision, freeing her from their grip. He tries to reach Ezethra but is attacked by the three vines, which have recovered from Captain Isishios’s assault.)

Farfalla: Toge no sosei…(suddenly the thorns lining the vines begin firing from every direction, prompting Yua to take evasive action. She avoids them with relative ease, allowing Captain Isishio to enter with kido)

Captain Isishio: Hado 58: Tenran (The heavy channel of wind gusts in a cyclonic fashion, forcing the thorns to yield to its might.)

Captain Honoko: (Her mind is clearer, a sign that the effects of Gaho are becoming less prominent. She allows the wind to carry her in its current, not fighting its stride. She flash-steps from the whirlwind and lands on the ground) Hado 54: Haien! (Instead of a single burst of energy, a wave of energy surges from her hand, dispersing among the hazardous winds. Tenran allows for Haien to be spread thoroughly, incinerating her thorns.

Farfalla: (she scowls) …you bastards. How did you manage to overcome Gaho?

Captain Honoko: Our spiritual pressure enables us to fight-off your toxin, fortunately. And now that we’re able to think more clearly, I believe it is time we settle a score. 74, EZETHRA!

Captain Isishio: 74?

Captain Honoko: (The aggravation laces her expression as she glares at him) Hado 74: Moeru Yona!

Captain Isishio: …oh! Hado 74: Moeru Yona!

Farfalla: (from each side the captains release a fiery tempest. The roaring stream of flames collides with her vines and Drosera, annihilating the creatures while simultaneously incinerating the toxins produced upon their destruction.) NOOOOO (She shrieks, whipping her arm back, pulling her vines from the flames. The vines are badly burned, rendering their movements slow and thorns brittle.) Spina Sanguinante …my poor zanpakuto.

Captain Isishio: Piasu no chi (The stream of energy slices through her vines, their bodies fall to the ground. He watches as Yua performs Hado 73, incinerating the toxins spewing from the remains). It looks like your tactics are all but finished…

Farfalla: …(she stares at the two captains, her eyes swelling with tears) you took my life and now my zanpakuto! It’s all I have left and it means…(The two captains both deliver a quick slash to his body, blood spouting from her wounds. She falls to the ground and stares at her hilt, the vine becoming brittle and emaciated)…I spent my life planning this moment…planning your defeat. I will be avenged, just like the rest of my people. You cannot expect to go unpunished…
smile
Nice post, Crazie. Excellent dialogue, as always.
[Play Music]

The Angel lay on the ground, blood pooling around her body. Farfalla's mouth opened once more, as if to speak, but a stream of blood flowing from the corner of her mouth was the only product. She coughed once, blood spraying like saliva from her mouth. Her eyes blurred, but she still saw the silhouettes of the Captains that defeated her.

Farfalla: I.. I don't know...

The Captains backed away from her, and she heard the footfalls of a familiar ally. Asmodea knelt beside her fallen sister, turning the dying Angel onto her back and looking into her eyes.

Farfalla: I don't know what to think... Asmodea...

The pale-skinned beauty looked back into the eyes of her terminal comrade.

Farfalla: Will Sekhmet-sama be... Mad..?

Asmodea: No... You did well.

A single tear hit the ground. Ezretha and Yua began to back up, opening a Senkaimon to return to Soul Society.

Ezretha: We can't fight her. Yua, we have to head back.

[Stop Music]

Asmodea rose from her position, gently resting Farfalla's on the ground. The Angel exhaled her final breath and went limp.

Asmodea: You won't go anywhere...

The woman turned about to face the captains and the lieutenant.

Asmodea: Her sacrifice will not have gone to waste. Hand over the girl.

Ezretha: Kija, get behind me.

The Senkaimon closed up by itself as Asmodea's reiatsu began to rise.

Asmodea: Don't be foolish, captain. You can't fight me.

The Angel's hand came up, blue reiatsu gathering in her palm.

Asmodea: I'll show you the power of the Shirubaraito. One that was wrongfully murdered a thousand years ago. Hado one, Sho!

The blue reiatsu in her palm dispersed, and the Shirub's hand sent a transparent wave at the Shinigami. Yua rolled out of the path of the Hado, brandishing her sword. Ezretha and Kija didn't have such luck. They were made airborne by the intensity of the blast. Both recovered rather quickly, but Asmodea was nowhere to be seen.

Asmodea: Bakudo sixty eight, Jigen Kiji Azarashi.

A strange fabric began materializing around Ezretha, circling him like a snake and with each circuit growing longer. Then, without warning, it snapped tight, wrapping the captain within it's embrace. Kija took a step back as Asmodea approached her.

Asmodea: Do you want your captain to survive? Come with me, brat.

Yua flashed behind the Angel and attempted to land a downward stroke. Asmodea easily evaded the attack and planted the bottom of her foot into Yua's stomach, sending her flying.

Asmodea: Too weak. Even if they hadn't been previously fighting, they wouldn't stand a chance.

The icy-eyed Shirub appeared behind Kija, grabbing hold of the lieutenant's hair. She then began walking, pulling the Shinigami painfully along with her. As she walked by the mummified Ezretha, she placed her finger about where the base of his ribs would be and let loose a Byakurai. The blast shot through his chest and the fabric-restricted captain fell to the ground.

With a nod of her head, the Angel opened an elaborate gate out of the air. Then, uttering a few words and generating a blue slab of reiatsu which lifted Farfalla off the ground and carried her alongside her, the Shirub disappeared into the gate, Kija still screaming. The gate disappeared just as Yua's blade was thrust into the air where Asmodea's head would have been.

-End-
Note: The ending of the music is eerily appropriate, so be sure to play the last 29 seconds with Azriel’s final words to Mikazuki.

[Midnight Surrender: Execution]

Azriel: (He watches as her dragon curls around her, composed of roaring flames) What difference does it make whether Sekhmet-sama has witnessed your technique? Theatrics do not guarantee victory, especially when your opponent surpasses you in mind and spirit.

Captain Kurotsuki: What would you know about spirit?

Azriel: I have no desire to explain the intricacies of battle, so continue your strategy. You’re convinced my injuries are a sign of your victory to come, so by all means, validate these claims with evidence.

Captain Kurotsuki: OH I WILL GIVE YOU EVIDENCE!

Azriel: (The dragon swoops down at Azriel, nearing his body. He raises his hand, firing threads at the dragon, only for them to be consumed by the beast. The vicious dragon crashes into the ground where he stands, decimating the landscape as the flames pour over the land).

Captain Kurotsuki: …(she stares silently, a sense of relief and joy amassing on her face) I told the bastard not to mess with me! I was more than…ugh...(she witnesses as numerous black threads pierce her flesh, slicing through her with relative ease. She tilts her head to the side, examining the threads being fed through the soil behind her. Her eyes return their focus forward, just in time to see a mass of black mist hurtling toward her. As she watches it approach, her perception of its speed distorted by an alarming level of fear, Azriel begins to materialize. His body partially develops as the mist continues its approach, his right hand clutching his blade. The threads, now skewering her entire body, squeeze her torso and limbs tightly, holding her in place. As the seconds pass, she feels Azriel’s blade enter her chest and exit through her back. He stares into her eyes, with no more than a blank expression. Mikazuki’s flaming wings bolt forward and cleaving downward, catching his arm before he vanishes. Though painful, her wings flutter and sever the threads, releasing her from their grip.)

Azriel: (He appears behind Mikazuki, carefully watching as she fall). It’s remarkable how much control you have over that behemoth.

Captain Kurotsuki: (she turns to Azriel, coughing up blood) You tricked me…

Azriel: I’m afraid this entire reunion has been nothing more than a rouse.

Captain Kurotsuki: (She struggles to speak)…what?

Azriel: As I said before, I chose to come here. And upon doing so, I made an equally important decision to play into your bait. I didn’t come here for the sole purpose of ending you, I came here for your lieutenant, above all else (Directs his attention to Traea, who has successfully subdued the lieutenant. She stands with her hands crossed, Eiko suspended from her back, and her foot pressed firmly against the lieutenants head) It appears your lieutenant didn’t fare so well. She’s very much alive, merely unconscious as a result of the severe beating rendered by Traea. Even I must applaud her skills, she reduced your lieutenant to nothing more than a paper weight in less than a couple minutes.

Captain Kurotsuki: ...(she growls at him as she gets to her feet)

[BEGIN PLAYING MUSIC]

Azriel: I could care less about settling scores with you. Eliminating you is a much loftier alternative. Our last encounter paved the way for this fortunate deterioration of mind and body. I knew it wouldn’t take long before you were begging to duel me, hoping to achieve success and relinquish your demons. What troubles you most? The fact that I defected or the realization that all the memories and emotions connected to my identity as a captain of the Gotei 13 were no more tangible than a dream? I surmise your fear and angst are sourced by lack of trust you not only have in others, as a result of my defection, but in yourself as well. One cannot forge a destiny on deceit and betrayal and expect to be rewarded. Not unless they’ve accepted themselves for who they are. You’re still trying to convince yourself that you’re a moral being, devoid of the same qualities you despise me for. You’re slowly realizing, however, that you became the very thing you loathed most.

Captain Kurotsuki: I’m nothing like you!
Azriel: In a matter of speaking, no. You’re certainly not my equal, but you are willing to deceive those closest to you for retribution. I’m failing to see the difference.

Captain Kurotsuki: …I will burn you alive!!! (The fire dragon erupts from around her and darts toward Azriel).

Azriel: I was simply allowing myself to enjoy your misery, but I suppose my concentration will be required from here on out. (He darts forward, heading toward the searing beast. He flash-steps with ease around the monster and circles behind Mikazuki. She swings her hand around, prompting the dragon to dive into itself and recoil back toward her. It flies above her, opening its massive jaws and releases waves of fire that bathe the area like rain. He leaps around the canyon, avoiding the fire, carefully examining the dragon. He flash-steps in the air and begins running up the canyon-side. The dragon spews a stream of fire that generates a stream of lava, draining down the canyon. Azrial leaps backwards and lands on the ground and immediately flash-steps, avoiding a blast of fire. The dragon pursues him relentlessly before he boldly turns around). Bakudo 92: Fuantei Suruzu (He forms a peculiar gesture and draws a circle with his hand, generating a massive distortion in space. The distortion bends the fabric of space like paper, taking on the appearance of a gaping black hole.)

Captain Kurotsuki: No…(she pulls her hand back violently, but the vortex’s influence has hold on the dragon and begins pulling the larger portion of it into the void. It is completely absorbed into the mass and abruptly closes. She watches as Azriel stares at her and begins approaching her) …

Azriel: Did you think I wouldn’t notice the dragon’s size diminish as it launched attacks? If so, you’re more foolish than I expected. (He waves his hand and launches a kido attack. The spiraling energy crashes into Mikazuki’s flaming wings, neutralizing the damage). Those wings are awfully convenient. I now see why they severed my threads with relative ease.

Captain Kurotsuki: It’s not over! (She darts at him with impressive speed and flutters her wings, firing a flurry of flames that shower around Azriel. She realizes once their blades clash that his threads are upon her. She leaps back and begins spinning, using her wings to slice through his threads. However, during mid-rotation she is struck by a powerful Kido attack that sends her hurtling into the canyon side.)

Azriel: It’s a shame your lieutenant isn’t conscious to witness the mighty fire dragon fall from her throne in the sky. Not all flames were intended to burn brightly for eternity. Some experience premature extinction, but not without purpose.

Captain Mikazuki: (She attempts to regain her footing, but Azriel quickly pursues her. He swings her blade vertically, producing a violent stream of flames. He quickl maneuvers around the flames and slams her in the face with his fist. She ricochets across the ground, but is followed by an unrelenting Azriel. He appears above her, delivering a massive kick to her body, thrusting her into the ground. As her body collides with the rock, black threads wrap around her feet and begin thrashing her about. She glides through the air as the threads smash her body into the ground and canyon walls. Her wings abruptly venture downward to cut the threads, but they release her abruptly, sending her body speeding into the ground. He bolts toward her body and begins an aggressive volley of punches, delivering each to her chest and stomach. Blood spouts from her mouth as he picks her up and throws her forward.)

Azriel: Now that your spirit has been broken, I will clip you of those vibrant wings. Hado 72: Muro hihō (his hands release a volley of vibrant, screaming energy. Dozens of individual steams of energy, resembling meteors, soar through the sky, striking her body. He watches as she attempts to protect herself with the wings, every strike forcing her into the distance until her wings lose their luster and she collapses from exhaustion. He slowly approaches her, his threads clutching her wrists and ankles and raising her in the air. He stands before her and stares directly into her eyes. His threads grip her blade, tearing it from her hands). When duress is applied to the emotionally unstable the result can be as violent as it is unpredictable. This statement couldn’t be more accurate when applied to you, Mikazuki. I always said your foolish emotional woes would determine your demise and I was absolutely correct.

Captain Mikazuki: (Her eyes quiver and focus on his, gazing into the emerald void) …I see nothing when I look into your eyes…

Azriel: That’s rather convenient, especially considering what I am about to do. Normally I wouldn’t waste my Bankai on someone as weak as you, but I want you to experience unparalleled anguish and despair. And I can’t think of a better method for achieving that. Bankai… Yamayana Yarayishii…(and then there was darkness).

Captain Kurotsuki: (She watches as the man she once loved unleashes a devastating power. She bravely stares at him without blinking)

Azriel: (His face nears hers as he softly speaks) They say vengeance taken will tear the heart and torment the conscience. Fortunately for me, I have neither. Iegayatata

( Screams of anguish and sorrow shatter the silence, traversing space to torment peaceful dreamers.)

Azriel: (Directed at Traea) Escort the lieutenant back to Shirubaraito. I'll be along shortly. I have a rather important message to deliver.

Minutes later at the north gate of the Seireitei...

Azriel: (he slowly exits the Waikiki Getou, throwing Mikazuki's lifeless body at the north entrance of the Seireitei. He watches her body rolls across the ground, landing only feet from the mighty stone gate. Without any shift in emotion he turns and exits through the gate).
Oh, I should mention, Silverain plans on responding to my post, so allow her time to post before you contribute.
big smile
Okay, I will wait for her reply before posting.

(I assume you were talking to me, Crazie. The next time you are on, I feel we should chat, as I haven't chatted to you in a while, following the recent debacle that Meebo went through.)
No, I was talking to everyone. And sure, we can chat.
The screams of the Menos were unrelenting as the two lieutenants fought them, both sides managing no real damage. In the midst of this, Kai still sat behind Vyenna, as he had been doing for roughly ten seconds. He was surprised he hadn't been given a response.

Vyenna: If you won't attack first...

The woman gently rose to her feet, her silky hair blowing in a slight gust. Kai's eyebrows rose and he also got to his feet.

Vyenna: Then I will.

Within seconds, Vyenna was in front of the captain. She raised her foot, delivering a vicious kick at his head level. Kai responded by putting both arms in front of the attack, stopping it despite being sent skidding back several feet.

[Play Music]

Kai: Damn... That was strong.

He drew his own sword as Vyenna began approaching again.

Kai: Not bad, Shirub. But you can't win if this is your level.

Vyenna: That's interesting. You think I'm intimidated by you. But no, I believe I can. If you can't keep up with me at this level, you have no business being a captain.

Kai lunged forward, executing a sweeping strike at Vyenna's ankles. The Angel tilted her foot upward, then down, trapping Kai's sword between the sole of her foot and the ground. With her left leg, she twirled once, bringing it up to crack him in the side of the head. The captain managed to yank his sword away from the Shirub's foot and took a few steps backward, narrowly evading Vyenna's attack.

Kai: You concluded I was a captain rather fast. Mind telling me how you came to think that?

Vyenna slowly walked toward her opponent.

Vyenna: It's simple. Shinigami are weak, insolent brats. To think that you, even at your level, are any less than the best they have to offer is ludicrous logic.

Kai: That's pretty arrogant, don't you think?

Vyenna: The truth and arrogance are entirely separate things.

The Shirub flashed to a spot close behind Kai and whipped about with a low sweep kick, hitting nothing but air as the captain leaped upward to avoid the attack. A split second later, Vyenna was airborne as well, upside down and prepared to launch a devastating kick at the captain. The ball of her heel collided with the underside of Shuichi's jaw, causing him to begin flipping relentlessly.

Vyenna: And today, I educate you on the truth.

Kai collided with the ground and bounced up, going limp in the air. His opponent flashed above him this time, firing a pendulum-like kick at the side of his head. Shuichi immediately forced himself to flip once, avoiding the attack and smacking the Shirub on the side of the cheek as he recovered. Landing, he quickly backed up.

Vyenna: I see. You're a little more durable than I had originally expected, being able to come up with a plan while being battered so pathetically. But what did you accomplish? A superficial, and rather weak, tap on my face?

Kai: More than that.

A whistling sound filled the air, and Vyenna's expression turned from confidence to annoyance. She whipped about, drawing her sword and managing to catch the blades of two lieutenants with her own. The lieutenants flashed to respective spots beside the captain.

Vyenna: Danku.

A transparent barrier formed behind the Shirub, prompting Kai to raise an eyebrow.

Kai: What help-

Vyenna: It's not for you.

She glared at him.

Vyenna: It's for the Menos, of course.

Kai's eyes widened.

Kai: Shit!

Two blasts of red energy razed the cliff, causing massive amounts of debris to topple into the lake below.

-End-