Damon & Bonnie Bamon RANT

Bangelusfan posted on Jan 25, 2011 at 08:40PM
This is a place where you can 'explode', comment or make suggestions about the bamon storyline or whatever you think it's wrong with the show right now.

*Trolls not allowed. Respectful DE fans welcomed*
This is a place where you can 'explode', comment or make suggestions about the bamon storyline or wha
last edited on Jan 25, 2011 at 08:40PM

Damon & Bonnie 2690 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 851-900 of 2690

over a year ago ApplePie88 said…
Chazzaf: I couldn't tell if he was joking or if he was actually serious. I know Ian is a funny guy IRL but even for being funny when talking about the show and kidnapping someone only to have all of their loved ones worry about her is beyond creepy IMHO.
over a year ago christina1988 said…
@ApplePie88 I love him too! But that interview was just so wrong. It would be a horrible thing to do to her. Lol D/E fans would think its romantic.
worried
Kidnapping is something to not be taken so lightly, whether it be in a reality sense or fictional sense. Either way, it's a negative thing and circumstance.
laugh
Christina1988: What do you expect? They are Delena fans. Lol. They are Delusional Extremists.
over a year ago chazzaf said…
@ApplePie88 I actually felt like being sick when he said he should kidnap Elena it creeped me out as well as scared the hell out of me. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xx
I cant take Ian seriously at times when he speaks about delena lol.
@Chazzaf: I know. That interview totally rubbed me the wrong way even though I adore Ian.

@Christina1988: Exactly. I think Ian has a tendency to not make a lot of sense when talking about the subject of Delena. I think it's maybe because he knows deep down inside himself, as the actor, that Delena would never work out or be successful in a relationship on the show. I don't want to sound like I'm speaking for him because I honestly don't know deep down what he really feels and thinks, but judging from his outlook on Delena in his interviews, Ian just can't be taken seriously with some of his Pro-Delena remarks and comments.
last edited over a year ago
@chazzaf me too *shudders*

Im off, bye :)
@ApplePie88 I love Ian to but if he says things like that then I dont know what to think.@christina1988 I also cant take Ian seriously when he talks about DE it is like a load of crap comes out of his mouth. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx
over a year ago hinata26 said…
Who knows maybe a lot of them will team bamon in futur season. (I don't know if I want to ship the same thing as people like that )
@christina1988 Bye see you soon *waves*. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
@hinata26 I know what you mean I dont want to be friends with people like that either but I will not give up on my Bamon especially not for the likes of them. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Christina1988: Byez! ^.^

Honestly, on the subject of Bamon, I have a firm belief that when Bamon actually begins to become explored, many viewers eyes will open. Many will actually see the chemistry between Damon/Bonnie and they will see that their relationship can eventually and significantly be more realistic than a Damon/Elena pairing. Look at GG right now. You have so many Chair fans jumping ship and supporting the amazingness that is Dair. It really is, as a GG fan and viewer, a joy to see. I really hope and I also strongly feel that is what will happen to Bamon on the TV show in the future. But again, the Bamon connection/relationship has to be explored on the show in order for such a thing to happen.
@ApplePie988 I agree Dair remind me so much of Bamon.I think there will also be a lot of people jumping ship.I think a lot of people dont like Bamon because they hate each other.But it doesnt mean that they wont love each other in the future. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chazzaf: Exactly. This is why the comparison between Bamon and Dair is so incredibly legit. Not only do the two pairings have so much in common in terms of the relationship dynamics and interactions, but also the way their storyline and connection is being built-up on the show. Also, I have a feeling that the fan base dynamics will be pretty similar as well. When Bamon begins to get really explored on the show, you'll all of a sudden have all of these people coming out of the woodworks and supporting Bamon out of nowhere similar to what is happening with Dair right now on Gossip Girl.
Yeah I agree Dair and Bamon are very comparable.Plus Dair means my precious Cherry can happen so all is good LOL. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx
That's what I'm a little afraid of.I don't want bamonators who act like them. I don't think they will change the way they behave just because they'll love bamon. I don't want our bamonators fellow to be mean like them.
@hinata26 I agree I dont want us to become obsessed and all that jazz.I have to sign of now bye see you all soon *waves*. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­x
kiss
Kiss chazzaf see ya later .
OMG, Delena fans are trying to label Damon as a "protagonist". Hahahahaha! That is the most ridiculous thing that I have read in a long time. Last time, I checked, Damon is an "antagonist". My God, why are some Delena fans so stupid? Don't they understand the difference between protagonist and antagonist? ELENA IS THE PROTAGONIST OF THE ENTIRE SERIES WITH STEFAN BEING THE SUPPORTING PROTAGONIST OF THE SERIES. Damon fangirls can be so dumb.

Also, just because a character is the protagonist of the series, doesn't mean I have to like or support them. Also, it bugs me when they refer to Bonnie as a "supporting character". According to Wikipedia, Bonnie is the most important character in the entire series after Damon and she's listed under Main Characters (the novel series wise).

over a year ago ItalianAngel89 said…
meh
I gotta say, I'm a Damon girl and am SO embarrassed by it. The vast majority of Damon girls are Delena shippers and I dont want to be part of that nutters fanbase.
ItalianAngel89: They think that because a character is an "antagonist" that everyone as a viewer, should feel sorry for the anti-hero. Not true. If anything, it's the "protagonist" that one is supposed to feel sympathy for. Last time I checked, and I love Damon so it doesn't have anything to do with this, Damon is a MAIN CHARACTER but he is not a PROTAGONIST. He is known to be the main antagonist of the entire series (both novel series and TV show, although Katherine became the main antagonist in 2nd season), especially the original TVD novel trilogy. Elena is the MAIN PROTAGONIST and also the MAIN FEMALE CHARACTER and Stefan is the SUPPORTING PROTAGONIST and also the MAIN MALE CHARACTER/LEAD. Damon is the MAIN ANTAGONIST/ANTI-HERO and a MAIN CHARACTER. God, I wish some people would just get it right for a change. The original TVD novel trilogy was from Elena and Stefan's POV's, hence they are deemed the protagonists. And season 1 on the TV show was from Stefan's POV so it really featured Stefan as the main protagonist because he was telling the story in the first season.

However, Damon does become a "protagonist" in The Return trilogy, because the story is being told strictly from his POV. But I have a feeling that The Hunters trilogy will feature either Bonnie or go back to Elena/Stefan as the main protagonist(s), or maybe the trilogy after The Hunters will feature Bonnie as the main protagonist. Since it seems like Bonnie is on the cover for The Hunters: Phantom, I have a feeling that Bonnie has a significant role in that book. Dark Reunion featured Bonnie as the main protagonist because the story was being told from her POV.
over a year ago skysamuelle said…
ApplePie88 : don't expect fangirls to make sense, NEVER. They are fangirls.

Normal fans know Elena and Stefan are the leads, whether they end the series as a couple or not.
I mean, even JP and KW stated so, MANY TIMES.

To honestly believe that Damon and Elena are the leads ofter being the contrary in certain tones is like saying that the sky is green after having seen that it's blue.

ItalianAngel89:

You can be a Damon girl, but you are not a fangirl - aka, an extremist who thinks with her hormones (and heart?)- rather than her brain. You are still lucid and working! ;)
Also, I find -I always FOUND- Ian is constantly hal-serious whenever he talks about DE... there's a reason for that ;)

And remember, even Ian has said that he thinks Damon wishes Elena was been Katherine... obviously, DE fans found it romantic. Pfff...
SkySamuelle - LOL, and what reason would that be?
ApplePie88 - for one, it would be hard to make sense while talking seriously about two people who have no interests,values or characteristics in common being a couple, especially if one is in love with someone else and the other... well, PROBABLY in love with someone else too (Kat)

for two, Ian can't know any long term plans for his character and Damon's mind is way harder to follow and much less linear than Stefan's or Elena's.

I notice often Ian seems to express himself like he does not quite know what Damon is thinking at a given moment. Remember, that interview when he did not yet know whether Damon had meant to truly kill Jeremy or not?

It's not Ian's fault... Damon's mind is a dark, nebulous place.

Also, Ian looks to be a very care-free, happy-go-lucky kind of person, so it's not surpring that his comments are often humorous.
@SkySamuelle: for one, it would be hard to make sense while talking seriously about two people who have no interests,values or characteristics in common being a couple, especially if one is in love with someone else and the other... well, PROBABLY in love with someone else too (Kat)

Are you talking about Elena and Damon?
Yes: Elena is in love with Stefan, and Damon in probably in love with Katherineat at least in part.

I believe his reaction when Katherine eventually dies will be very telling.
SkySamuelle: To be honest, I really don't think Damon is completely over Katherine at all. I don't think you just get over someone you have been literally been obsessed with for over 145 years all of a sudden. I don't believe that Damon is 100% over Katherine. In fact, I think that the major reason why Damon even loves Elena on the show is because she looks like Katherine.
Ditto. He spent 145 years makming her the one purpose of his life.

When Damon discovered Katherine had fooled him, he did not know how live without living for someone... hencefore he stransferred whole a load of unresolved feelings, longings and expectation on Elena... because Katherine could not fullfill that role anymore.

Damon feels empty and has no knowdledge of how live his life without focusing his all on an 'higher purpose'.

His love for Elena is mostly transftert for me.

He loves her in part because he got nobody else who genuinely takes care of him, except Stefan, and in part because she is an image of Katherine that has nothing to do with Katherine's personality.

Substituting is, on a psychological level, the expression of Damon wish to erase Katherine's memory by re-writing history.

Notice that during last episode, when Katherine revealed to him, that she made that deal with Isobel and John, ready to save Stefan and sacrifice him, Damon was surprised and HURT.

His coldness toward her later is due to the fact he finally understood that, no matter how lows his expectations, Katherine will always disappoint them.

He hates her, but part of that hatred is only pain and anger.

He tried to stake her in Masquerade AFTER he knew Elena was been cursed by Lucy to suffere like Kat did... his anger at Katherine blinded him impulsively to the point he forgot it all about Elena's life being at stake... if Stefan had not stopped him, Elena was going to get killed because Damon's anger had brought to forget or slight a risk so serious.

It says quite a lot to me.

SkySamuelle: EXACTLY. This is why I believe that Damon/Elena will never work or be successful. I mean, doesn't Damon deserve real happiness after all he has been through in terms of Katherine and his brother? Damon has managed to transfer all of these intense emotions and feelings that he had towards Katherine onto Elena and to me, that couldn't be a bigger recipe for heartbreak and disaster. Damon is only setting himself up for more heartbreak the way I see it. But I don't think he realizes himself that he is doing this because he is such a lost individual. I don't think a lot of Delena fans realize that it's not about the fact that Damon is a vampire, why Elena will never truly love him and accept him. It's HIS INDIVIDUALISM AND HIS PERSONALITY. Elena and Damon as personalities and as individuals are INCOMPATIBLE. They have nothing in common in terms of beliefs, values, goals, outlook on life etc. They are complete and total opposites. This is why Damon will never find true happiness with Elena because Elena will never 100% accept him the way that Elena has with Stefan. And I think Damon knows deep down inside himself somewhere (he has to know), that he will never measure up to what his brother Stefan has with Elena. And because of this, Damon will always end up feeling inadequate and "second best". But the problem is that Damon MAKES himself 2nd best by chasing after the girls who show interest/love Stefan first (i.e. first, Katherine and then Elena). So, when you think about it, Damon faces a lot of hurt, pain and heartbreak when it comes to love because of his own choices.
ApplePie88:

Agreed again.It's a vicious circle. Damon looks for self-validation in the very things that are meant to make him to feel inadequate.

Somewhere deep inside, he knew Katherine loved his brother and he chose to disreagard this and convince himself the blame was Stefan's, despite Stefan being the first to fall in love with her.

Somewhere deep inside, Damon knows Elena can't love him like she loves Stefan, and that he can't be the man she wants.
Yet, he chooses to pine for her and shuts out any woman who shows genuive romantic interest in him.

Because Damon despises himself, he only he respects those who despise him, whereas he mostly looks down on women like Caroline, Bree, etc.

I don't mean to say that Damon should per se love those who love him, but he seems to feel no kind of gratitude for the women who place their genuine romantic affections on him - see the the way he dismissed the heartbreak he causes to both Bree and Caroline.

It's almost like he thought less of them BECAUSE they cared for him.

Yet we saw a form of character progression with Rose, with whom Damon showed the capacity for caring, even if she was not in love with him more than he was in love with her.
SkySamuelle: So when you say that he only respects women who despise him, are you also referring to Bonnie as well? How would she be any different then Caroline or Bree then? :/
Well, Bonnie showed evidence of despising and distrusting him early in the serioes, so she counts.

Also there's saying that Damon grew up a little since his 'dealings ' with Caroline and Bree.

Maybe i expressed earlier concept too litterally.

I merely meant to say that, while the average man would be inclined to go soft and pififul with women who love him blindly, flattered by their affections even when they are not inclined to return them, Damon spurns them.

Partly, this is him not appreciating easy lays or women who buy his lies and believe what they want believe.

Possibly, he sees himself reflected in their behavior.

He appreciates people who see through his bullshit and display mental and emotional strenght.
Bonnie does that, and so Elena .

Again, he changed a bit from his earlier days so i'm not sure how much of this reasoning still applies.
@skysamuelle @ApplePie88 LOL you guys make me laugh.The biggest reason for me that DE should never happen is that Damon doesnt care about Elena's family or friends.Stefan on the other hand does care deeply about Elena's family and friends because Elena cares and what Elena loves he loves. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chazzaf: Why do I make you laugh? LOL
@ApplePie88 Your rants amuse me.I am so used to me being the only one who rants in my family except from my older brother and he is always away on business so when I hear someone else rant it shocks and amuses me.Every one on this forum makes me laugh LOL. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chazzaf: Oh I see. So you think you're the only one who can rant on this forum huh? :P LMFAO
Reading L.J. Smith's old email regarding Midnight:

Elena and Damon and Bonnie and Stefan have already been the same ages for about twenty years, when the original books were written (or only gotten about nine months older). The ones going to college are going to stay freshmen for a long. long time. And in this time, Damon definitely likes Bonnie. She’s his weak spot. He chases Elena because he set himself a goal when he first saw her, but he actually saved Bonnie’s life (and kissed her) before the Vampire Diaries story started. I’ll be putting the story up on my website soon if you haven’t seen it. And in the books to come, there’s a lot of Damon and Bonnie moments, when he tries to be cruel to her but finds that somethig inside him just won’t let him do it. Somewhere inside he has a lot of tenderness for her. I give Bonnie as good a chance as Elena to end up with Damon because what about Stefan?

In any case, they’ll all get closer and closer in the upcoming books. Bonnie has a unique and important part in Midnight, in which she and Damon end up alone together in the Dark Dimension. He starts out not treating her very well, but ends up as sorry as he can be! And, too . .. but I can’t tell you the whole story!

And finally, I promise that Bonnie will end up with a guy who is
perfect for her, whether it be Damon or someone else that is absolutely fabulous and loves her passionately. After all, I love Bonnie’s character as much as Elena’s and they both deserve the best.

Lisa
L. J. Smith

Who else could love Bonnie more passionately then Damon? I mean, yeah, it's always possible that she can love someone else but I don't think Bonnie could ever love someone as passionately or as much as she loves Damon. Midnight is only going to prove that to me IMO.
LOL @ApplePie88 yeah Im not used anyone else ranting but me but I love it when other people rant.I cant stop laughing for ages after it LOL. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx
@ApplePie88 I agree No one could love Damon as much as Bonnie and same the other way around. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chazzaf: Ranting is FUN. :P

I would be totally shocked if Bonnie actually deeply fell in love with someone else. I don't know why, but I really can't see it. I wonder about the new werewolf guy that L.J. Smith was going to bring into Moonsong. That would've created what looks like a Bonnie/Damon/Xander triangle. Oh boy. Who would win that one? Lol
@ApplePie88 Damon would win know one takes his baby bird away from him especially not a DOG LOL.Yeah ranting is really fun. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xx
@Chazzaf: You really think that Damon would win over the hot werewolf? Hmmmm, IDK. Lmao
@ApplePie88 Yeah I think on terms Damon would probably kill the hot werewolf the let the dog touch his baby bird LOL. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­xxx
Chazzaf: LMAO! The thing is, even though Damon may love Bonnie, I don't want it to be a possessive relationship because truthfully, I don't see Damon being possessive over her (Bonnie) per say, or being overly possessive and jealous the way he was with Elena. He's too selfless with Bonnie. I see him being protective of her, like Stefan is with Elena, but I don't see Damon attempting to possess her. I think part of the reason for this is because I have always found Damon/Bonnie's connection throughout the series to be non-ego based, so I think when Damon realizes the connection, he won't be possessive of her but instead, both Damon and Bonnie will give each other freedom. I say this because I have never felt that Damon and Bonnie feel the need to change each other; they can be themselves around each other 100%.
Yeah I dont want him to be possessive either but I want him to realise that not all men want Elena and some love Bonnie to.I think it would be a massive wake up call. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chazzaf: If I'm being completely honest, the fact that all of the men in the series fawn all over and worship Elena like she's the second coming of Jesus, really annoys me. Elena is always treated like some Goddess, while Bonnie is viewed as the short little pixie, who's second best to Elena. A part of me always wished that Bonnie was the main protagonist rather then Elena. I can honestly say that I relate to Bonnie much more then I do Elena.