Bleach Anime Bleach: The Fallout

jstar18 posted on Jun 25, 2010 at 11:44PM
If you are interested in joining this forum, then this is the best time todo that as we are "starting over" with a time skip!

This is the forum for the rp that was started by LOBOS, myself, and a few others. Please follow the posting rules.

Rules:
1) This forum is only for rp post. Do not post random questions about joining, I will explain that process later.

2) Do not post characters or blade ideas in this forum.

3) If you want to join, please post your character in the forum called Make a Zanpaktou. Then put a small post up here saying that you would like to join and that your character is on whatever page in the Make a Zanpaktou forum. (Example: Hi, I would like to join your rp, my character is on page 94 on Make a Zanpaktou.)

Here is the current order to post:
Myself
Whiteflame
Hadez
Onix
Wolfmaster
Rantora
Shukun_kizuku
Zordaik
Gracen_silence
S3raphymn

Might come back later:
LOBOs
BrokenSun
Testu

This is a quick summary of what has happened before we moved to this forum:

Seems as though soul society has become far more embattled. Though the arrancar have chosen to stay out of the limelight much of the time, hollows are being sent out at a gradually increasing rate, and the captains are taking notice. Moreover, there's been some movement by other forces. Scouts have reported visuals of an army of ex-soul reapers that is disrupting much of the control of soul society over various sectors of the human world. Though they attack the hollows as well, this does not bode well for soul society. In response, soul society has decided to search for outside help in dealing with the surge of problems, and has become far more liberal about sending its captains out to deal with problems.

- Crow meets with Isao to talk about how a certain arrancar, Rey, wanting him and his crew Ace of X to attack a couple of supply shipments in Soul Society, which he did. But Crow says that later Rey returned and asked him to do something that he couldn't do. With Rey not appreciating the refusal, he destroyed Crows base. Crow gives Isao a card and Isao threatens Crow as he leaves.

- As Crow leaves, he notices a strong energy heading towards Squad 1's barracks. Isao thinks about all the crazy things that have happened and remembers his former student Miroku and the hard times he went through ten years ago. Miroku appears in his window and asks what Crow was discussing with him. Isao explains and ask if Miroku will help. Miroku says that this is a serious problem and offers help but Isao doesn't expect much.

- Isao calls for a captains meeting and explains what happened with Crow and Miroku. The captains all seem concerned with what has transpired and Isao says he may know where Crow is at. Zane (captain of Squad 2) and Jin (captain of Squad 11) agree to go find him. In a forest away from soul society, three outsiders; Titus, Chiyo and Hideaki look for Miroku.

- Lieutinant Dawn informs her Captain, Amiro, about what has happen in Soul Society.

- In the real world, a quincy named Joshua kills a soul reaper. In Hueco Mundo, Rey is furious about Crow not doing what he said. Huabu trys to talk to Rey but is quickly sent on a mission to the real world. Reaper appears but Rey does not want to alk to him.

- Captain of Squad 8, Ryuu finally gets back from his mission. His Lieutinant Kimi finds him and talks about what has happened with Crow and Miroku. They later get some ice cream.

- Jin and Zane are about to go to the real world to find Crow. Jin tells Zane about how he plans to change the old image of Squad 11 that Kenpachi had created.

- Crow finally gets back to his hideout in the real world which is an arcade. We are introduced to a few members; Toni, Leigh-Ann, Leo, Roy and Saito. After some conversation, Crow reveals that some soul reapers are outside. Zane and Jin meet Crow.

- Coran, a member of the Rising Suns, is in the shadows watching the meeting between Soul Society and Ace of X. Miroku arrives at his hideout and is greeted by Asoka. After some conversation, Miroku finds Hideaki and his friends and asks what they want.

- Hideaki explains to Miroku that him and his two friends will join his cause as long as he agrees to help them on a very important mission in Hueco Mundo. In Soul Society, Isao finally gets sleep but he is having bad dreams about his past. In the real world, Haubu is searching for Joshua.

- Amiro goes into Squad 1's barracks and tells him that he knows what happened with Crow because he was sneaking around, he asks if Isao will take him the next time he meets Crow. Isao says okay.

- In the real world, Joshua and Haubu meet and start fighting. In Soul Society, a soul reaper named Akihiko demands that he be given a captain seat. Satoshi trys to get him to calm down and does. Akihiko leaves and Isao realizes that he has a point as they are in need of captains.

- Reaper, an arrancar, is bored and goes to the real world looking for a fight. Captain Yokoshimo is in the real world fighting hollows and meets Reaper, they prepare for battle.

- Captain Ryuu and Kimi head to the real world to deal with some arrancar, he receives a picture of the arrancar and notices something wierd about one of them.

- Crow is not happy about how Soul Society found his hideout and the other members seem concerned as well. As Haubu and Joshua fight, Haubu notices Crows energy and goes to the arcade to confront him. Haubu confronts Crow and puts her sword in his face ready to fight. A man named Thor grabs her and slams her through a wall. Haubu quickly kills Thor and this send Crow over the edge.

- Miroku accepts Hideaki and his friends into the Rising Suns. Hideaki and Asoka talk as they reach the hideout and they meet Coran. Coran tells them what has happened with the meeting between Soul Society and Crow, and that an arrancar has started some trouble with Crow. Miroku seems to not care and tells everyone to get some rest because they will be going to Hueco Mundo tomorrow. Two people walk out of a room in the hideout and Miroku tells them that he won't need them for the mission to Hueco Mundo and says to stay undercover in Soul Society.

- In the real world, Haubu releases and Crow goes shikai. Haubu's unusual abilities seem to be throwing Crow off. Haubu explains how only attacks that have balance can work against her. Crow shoots a charged blast which does nerve damage causing Haubu to stagger around. Crow goes Bankai. At the Rising Suns' base, Asoka opens the garganta; Miroku, Hideaki, Titus, Chiyo and Asoka walk in heading to Heuco Mundo. Coran stays behind at the hideout.

- In Hueco Mundo, Rey notices 5 strong presences. Joshua joins in on the fight between Crow and Haubu. Joshua seems to be firing at both Crow and Haubu, Crow continues to fight Haubu shooting down her Balas with his lightning bolts. Crow pulls out his other gun which has been charging for a full minute and fires at Joshua, which goes through his shoulder. Joshua kicks Crows guns away, slashes him on his thigh and kicks him away. Crow mocks Joshua about his bad aim and Joshua responds by saying "Who ever said I was aiming at you". Joshua then stabs his Seele Schneiders into the wall at his waist as he eyes the other 4 he shot. At the same time Crow and Haubu notice that the 5 are equidistant apart making a pentagon, Blue lights go between the Seele Schneiders and outline the pentagon. Haubu then looks down and smiles as she’s standing in the middle of the design. Joshua then opens one of his silver tubes and dumps the liquid onto his Seele Schneider which causes a huge explosion encompassing the area within the outlined pentagon.

- Ryuu and his Squad arrive in the real world ready to fight the arrancar that have shown up. Things go well until Ryuu is cut down by an arrancar named Majiyo. As Ryuu falls he calls for Kimi. Majiyo Suffers a flashback of herself and four other children running through the district 54 being chased by a man they had taken food from. Then she orders a full retreat and they return to Hueco Mundo. Kimi defeats the arrancar she is battling and catches Ryuu. She looks on as the arrancar that took down the captain widens her eyes and seems to have an internal battle with herself. The arrancar then orders a retreat and Kimi can only look on. Two days later in Squad 4's barracks, Kimi talks to Ryuu as he finally wakes up. They discuss what happened in the real world and both agree to find a way to clease Majiyo's soul.

I don't feel like updating this so if you want to know everything that has happened after this, then start at page one and read! I hope you enjoy!
last edited on Sep 17, 2011 at 09:36PM

Bleach Anime 1672 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1451-1500 of 1672

over a year ago onix11 said…
Hard decision to make. But it goes less of battle technique and more with other prospects. Tekin is still young. Plus the fact that his communication skills are less than par, i don't believe he would do well in the position of captain commander at the moment. I vote Renee.
over a year ago shukun_kizuku said…
well thats 4 for rennee
over a year ago whiteflame55 said…
Much as 4 is a majority, it's not a deciding number anymore with rantora's return to the forum, since we now have 8 voters. As such, we'll have to wait on jstar, rantora, S3raphymn and/or gracen to cast their vote.
true forgot that we added one more
over a year ago jstar18 said…
I vote for Tekin!
over a year ago rantora13 said…
okay posted new cherecter for the 0 squead redid and now hes ready for his use ill post his intro tommarow. his name is ryota kenta.
btw vote for rennee
Alright, well much as I felt this should have been a really close decision, that's a 5-1 vote for Renee. I still invite S3raphymn and gracen to post their votes, at the very least it was a good enough fight up to this point that everyone should read it. I'll post the end to the fight later on tonight.
Renee raised her right hand, palm towards her opponent. His hands remained on the hilts of his blades, but he stopped at the gesture.

Renee: For a fourth seat, you truly are a dangerous one. Still a little young, but one day you’ll make a fine captain. That is, once you can look into my eyes.

He blushed slightly, turning his gaze further away from her face.

Renee: Still, this fight can only persist for so long without each of us going full tilt. You almost certainly have a bankai, let’s see it.

He seemed reluctant at first. He eyed the blade in her hands, and then took a glance at each of his in turn. He smiled a mirthless smile – he must have felt some trepidation with fighting her at full strength.

Tekin: I suppose s-so. Bankai.

The blades in his hands changed, though from that distance, she couldn’t say how. Soundlessly, she mouthed the word herself, waiting as the metal sheared from her blade to surround her in dense armor. She hefted the mace in her left hand, preparing for his strike.

Too late, she noticed glow on his steam blade. He twisted the blade in front of him, and immediately he became nothing but a haze beyond the dense steam that surrounded her. The skin on her face and neck burned in the boiling mist, and even under her armor she roasted. She quickly chanted a Sekienton spell, creating a condensed smoke blast on top of herself and pushing the steam back for a moment. Reducing the friction around her allowed enough time to escape out, though Tekin was quickly on top of her. There wasn’t enough time to swing her mace ahead of her, though she shoved aside his steam blade quickly enough. The ice blade cut across the breastplate of her armor, leaving a deep gash in the metal that steamed in the afternoon heat.

Nonetheless, she outdistanced him quickly, the low friction surrounding her armor allocating her more speed than he was capable of patching. She swung from range, but he jumped over the ranged attack – he had learned from her previous fight what it was capable of. He pushed himself back into melee range with her, but this time she was ready, bringing the full weight of the mace to bear on his ice blade. The ice cracked and shattered, leaving no blade behind. Her momentary shock allowed Tekin time to stab her in the right shoulder, creating a deep burn through her armor. She forced herself backward away from him, and the ice blade reformed quickly, glowing brightly immediately.

Renee; Not this time. Gaki Rekkō.

Green light flashed from her hands in an expanded circle, tremendous stream of it thundering across the arena, obscuring her completely. Tekin gritted his teeth, his ice blade losing its glow as he dodged the tremendous blasts. He did not see her appear behind him, a highly compressed Shakkahō spell poised in each hand. The right he dodged by pure instinct, but the left slammed down on the side of his face, sending him reeling down towards the arena floor and landing with a sickening thud. He rose slowly, blood pouring from his scalp and right arm broken in 2 places.

Water immediately rose around him in large streams that ended in steam. She could feel the heat from them at a distance. He launched a tremendous amount of the water at her, only to be surprised as the aura around her turned nearly solid with high friction. The water slowed down more than enough for her to dodge out of the way, though he followed her with the water each time she did. More of the water turned to steam each time, yet he continually recondensed it around him, sending it out again. His ice weapon began to glow as he went, preparing for another attempt. While she dodged, she began to chant an incantation under her breath, one he couldn’t hear over the roar of the water.

Renee: Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens.

As she finished, he turned his weapon, encasing her in ice just as she extended her arms forward. The water around her turned to ice as well, solidifying in a giant block to hold her in. The blue energy forming in her hands continued to do so though, wrapping around, forming a gap in the ice around her as two large rivers of light met at her palms. The heat of the energy melted the area around her as Tekin stood baffled.

Renee: Sōren Sōkatsui!

The chanted blast erupted from her hands in 2 large beams, one twisting around the other. Tekin gathered all of his water back around him quickly, placing as much ice between himself and the blast as possible, though it was no use. The energy pounded though, slamming him into a wall. When the blue light of it disappeared, Tekin’s eyes were open but unseeing as he fell to the ground, unconscious.
over a year ago Hadez17 said…
so since both of the blades in the next battle are mine i was wondering if i could just take a vote now on who wins and do one longer post instead of taking turns with it
over a year ago wolfmaster3000 said…
no Zordaik it's not I need more RPers in my squads ...it's why I killed off half of my charcters ....I am allowing also 3rd seat 11th divison , 5th seat 11th divison, asstaint captain nineth divison & 3rd seat nineth divison are up for grabs if you want any of those postions Message me =)
Satoshi. Arthur is an interesting character and has an interesting blade, but Satoshi's just more experienced and, in some ways, more versatile.
Guys, what's with the lack of voting? Everyone's seen the two characters, just make a decision.
over a year ago Zordaik said…
I vote Satoshi. He appears to be the more intelligent and skilled of the two.
Satisohi
over a year ago rantora13 said…
mmm satoshi
Arthur. I'm being diffucult lol. I think a post of the fight would make my vote more solid. :)
last edited over a year ago
Sorry for my tardiness but I must vote for Satoshi.
well if my math is correct that means the majority goes to Satoshi. Sorry Arthur fan(s) but yeah we know the outcome of this post i shall put up. Still it should be epic and such.

-The Arena-

Several medics have ran out to the battle area of the arena with a stretcher to Tekin's location. Quickly the crew scooped the fallen combatant up and scurried off the battle floor. Renee calmly walked off out of the arena to the medics yet again to be treated before her next fight. On her way out Arthur and Satoshi pass her on their way in.

Satoshi: (Stopping and facing Renee) Good display

Renee: (Glancing at Arthur who continued walking) You should be focused on your fight not on complimenting me.

Satoshi: *Sighs* That I should (In the background the two can hear the announcer congratulating the previous winner and calling out the names of the next combatants)

Renee: Get going you are running late

Satoshi: Right...(Satoshi pauses for a second then shunpos to his position on the battle field)

Announcer: Let the battle begin!!!

The tone in the announcers voice seemed to expect that with the fall of the word "Begin" there would be a flurry of steel and cloth and energy but instead the two just stood and stared each other down. Several minutes pass and all that occurs is the two drew the blades and assumed a battle posture. Even more time passes with out either budging a bit. Slowly both of the combatants increase their spiritual pressure probing each other with spikes of energy but physically neither move.

-On Sidelines-

Renee: Even i didn't expect this from those two.

-At Battle-

Both combatants spiritual pressure reached a climax as they both activated their shikai.

Arthur: Clearly there is no room to fool around

Satoshi: Clearly

After a little more probing with spiritual energy Satoshi closed his eyes relaxed his shoulders and sighed. Suddenly he vanished and appeared several feet above Arthur head

Satoshi: Hadō #4. Byakurai (Satoshi points towards Arthur and fires a bolt of lighting then does a flip traveling over Arthur and landing behind Arthur who hoped back a few steps to dodge the Bakurai) Bakudō # 4. Hainawa (A bright rope of energy flies out from Satoshi's hands and wraps Arthur who quickly brakes the bonds as he spins around to face Satoshi ready to strike with his blade) Bakudō # 21. Sekienton ( Satoshi tosses his blade forward at Arthur who shifts to the side and dodges it while Satoshi charges forward and plants his hand on the ground in front of Arthur and releases a thick read smoke)

Under cover of smoke Satoshi catches his blade a couple feet behind Arthur and flips his grip on the handle so the blade is coming from the bottom of the hand not the top. Satoshi then releases the barrier of wind around his body from his back and bursts forward at blinding speed with his blade trailing behind him. His shoulder comes in contact with Arthur's lower back with a thud and gasp from Arthur. Satoshi plants his foot as hard as he can then shifts into his Cyclone ability. At the same time Arthur erects his Lions mane barrier. The two forces collide and with a burst send the two in opposite directions. While flying through the air Arthur regains his posture and summer salts through the air to land facing Satoshi and fires off several flaming lion head punches. Satoshi is unable to gain complete control over his flight and instead is only able to manage landing in a roll to negate some of the damage.Hoping to his feet Satoshi feels heat on his back and reflexively shifts to the side getting his right arm singed as the lion head passes closely by and collides with the arena wall in an explosion. Satoshi spins around and flips his blade to a normal hand hold and charges out and around to the right of Arthur. Seeing this Arthur charges to the opposite direction. The two run in a half circle around each other and stop and charge straight. Arthur fires a barrage of fire fist attacks at Satoshi who shifts his way to the side of them all getting his cloths burned slightly. The last steps of the charge become a flurry of attacks. Arthur steps in with his left hand high ready to come down hard with a over hand punch. Satoshi drops his right shoulder just before the fist makes contact and rolls over Arthur's back and landing on the ground behind Arthur. Arthur attempts to backhand with the hand close to Satoshi but Satoshi uses the wind shift to a crouching position just in front of and slightly under the hunched Arthur. Jumping up and into a sideways spin Satoshi activates his Cyclone ability and again Arthur erects his barrier. The burst happens similarly to the previous but this time Satoshi only performing one rotation on his Cyclone is forced to a hard landing on the ground while Arthur is shot up in to the air.

Satoshi: (Immediately after Arthur flies up in the air and he is forced down to his knees from the collision of their abilities) BANKAI!!! (Wind erupts around Satoshi and from the torrent several blades of wind fly up at Arthur fallowed by a couple launches of lighting from Byakurai. Arthur is able to shift around in the air just enough to dodge the major injuries but still is covered with cuts and on nasty hole from a lightning shot through his left shoulder. Arthur charges a full strength punch as he comes in to the last few feet of the decent. Clearly Arthur sees his fist coming closer and closer to Satoshi's face and at the last second he realizes whats going to happen Satoshi shifts to the side and points the tip of his barrier covered blade at Arthur and releases the barrier. A giant cone of wind hits Arthur in the chess and propels him backward as Arthur fires and detonates his attack as it hits Satoshi in the stomach sending him flying backwards. Arthur flies back spinning and crashes into the arena wall as Satoshi is able to get traction with his feet and slide to a stop. The two combatants stood across from each other almost completely on opposite ends of the battle field panting. Arthur covered with countless cuts and Satoshi still smoking from the stomach. Arthur calmly climbs to his feet and staggers forward. At the same time Satoshi caught out a little blood and staggers forward. The two speed up when they get closer and closer both raising their left hands balled in a fist.

Renee: Are they gonna punch it out?

The two speed up even more and suddenly stop mere feet from each other with their fists raised. Suddenly both drop their fist at

Arthur and Satoshi: 1 (Both say as their hands reach the end of their decent and raise back up) 2!! (They say again as their hands again hit the bottom of the decent and raise back up) 3!!! (They say as their hands reach the decent and raise up for a third time) SHOOT!!!!

Satohsi puts his hand out open and palm down as Arthur leaves his hand in a fist.

Satoshi: Haha Paper beats rock I win. Great fight my good sir.

Arthur: Well damn. Didn't see that coming Ah well i hardly think i could of won if we fought it out. Isao taught you well. (Arthur pats Satoshi on the shoulder)

Satoshi: (Stricken with some sadness as he looks away) That he did.

Arthur: Well only one thing left to do. I Concede.

-Off The Side-

Renee: You gotta be kidding me. Oh well.
Renee allowed the chaos that ensued after the fight ended to wash over her. Many in the audience seemed upset at the sudden and odd turn the battle took at the end, but that hadn’t mattered much to her. Her fight against Satoshi would not end so simply.

She distanced herself from the world around her, the pain of her wounds disappearing, the sounds around her going mute. All her focus was on the man in the middle of the ring, waving proudly, if slightly sheepishly, at the crowd. When she had first met him, she thought him little more than a child. The vice captain had hardly seemed worth her time. It was amazing how such a short time had changed him so completely. Despite the odd grin on his face and the glint of glee in his eyes, they seemed drowned in sadness. Renee felt that same sadness deep in her bones, but it nestled quietly beside the ache that had been there since Mine’s death. Mine had always told her she would be an old woman long before she turned grey and frail.

But there was more to Satoshi. Behind that sadness was an iron resolve – he wanted to fill the tremendous shoes Isao had left behind. There was no resignation there, only a certainty that went to his very core. She recognized it because she felt it as well.

His eyes scanned over the crowd for a minute before coming to rest on hers. The smile on his face disappeared for a moment, as did the mirth in his eyes. His eyes drank hers in, and slowly a smirk edged up his face. There was a respect there, but it was one of someone who felt himself every bit her equal, someone who looked forward to proving himself in battle with her. She returned the gaze evenly, only allowing herself the smallest of smiles. She couldn’t help but feel all the more enervated with the knowledge of who he faced.

He turned away, and the sounds around her came roaring back. She could hear the voice of the announcer booming over it all, declaring in rushed tones that Satoshi was the victor. Both combatants walked off the stage, each heading to a separate group of 4th squad members waiting for them. The announcer’s voice came back on shortly after they disappeared from sight.

Announcer: And so, we have our final combatants, and what a pair to see! They’ll both need their rest, because tomorrow, they will face each other in pitched battle, and-

Cheering drowned out the remainder of what he had to say, but it hardly mattered. Tomorrow… it felt like it was ages away.
Ill have post up for first bit of the Renee Vs Satoshi fight later today probably tonight
The next day the Soul Society was a buzz with a new life that hasn't been present since before the first attack. People were running back and forward gathering their family and friends and heading to the stadium. Many happy faces and laughs are saw and heard in every direction. Satoshi sat on a rock on the edge of one of the destroyed areas that has yet to get cleaned or fixed. He watched over the crowds of people with a half smile.

Satoshi: (Quietly) If only it could always be like this.

Renee: If only

Satoshi was a little surprised to hear Renee behind him but since he was so focused on the people he never noticed her walk up and greet him.

Renee: We probably should get going. Can't really have the main event if its sitting out here on a rock now can we.

Satoshi: Ill head over there in a few minutes. Need to gather up the last of my thoughts.

Renee: Don't too long. (Renee walks past glancing over her shoulder noticing a few tears down Satoshi's cheek then looks forward again) He would be proud.

Satoshi: I hope so.

-In Arena-

The crowd is roaring like thunder. Satoshi is shocked to see that some how the crowd seemed to doubled or even triple in size. There were seas of colors waving across the stands. Banners with Renee's and Satoshi's names waving across the crowds. Fans are chanting for their desired winner but so many become nothing jumbled voices screaming down.

Satoshi carefully takes his position across from Renee on the arena floor. Renee looks intensely at Satoshi making sure he was ready for what was about to come. Satoshi nods as they both slowly draw their blades. As their blades move into their readied positions the crowd quiets down and watches intently. A weight suddenly fell over the battle field.

Announcer: Well there they are. The two final combatants. These two have fought spectacular battles to get to this point. Neither seems to be ready to....

Suddenly both Renee's and Satoshi's shikai activate. Not a word was spoken nor was there even a single motion from either of them.

Announcer: Woah Woah Woah dont jump the gun too much there guys. I have yet to even introduce you two, but i can see you are ready to go so ill skip this thuroghly prepared Speach that i spent all night o...

Renee and Satoshi: BANKAI!!!

Announcer: (Rushing to get his words out) Renee Chevalier versus Satoshi Masaki. READYSTFIGHT!!!

As the announcer uttered the last "word" Renee and Satoshi already rushed at each other. Satoshi swings with a quick horizontal slash at Renee catching nothing but the air just in front of her eyes. He goes to fire a quick Byakurai but Renee increased the friction slowing Satoshi's hand down enough that when the energy was ready to fire it shot off to the side punching a hole in the side of the arena close to the level the crowd was on.

-Announcers office-

Officiator: Why the hell isn't the kido corps out there with a barrier up, Those onlookers are in danger. GET THEM OUT THERE NOW!!!!

The kido corps runs out setting up evenly spaced positions and erecting a barrier around the crowd.

-The Fight At Right where it left off-

Renee's hand was already up to grab Satoshi's wrist that fired the Byakurai. The friction already started going in the opposite direction making everything move easier. Renee's Mace in her hand that isn't holding Satoshi comes down for a hard vertical swing. As the mace closed in Satoshi attempts to shift to the side but only moves a little bit when his arm feels a tug from Renee's grip. Satoshi is forced to put his blade up to block the mace as he releases the barrier on it from the back of the blade causing a thunderous concussion when the two weapons collide. The two jump back. Satoshi is gathering wind in the area to his blade as Renee chants.

Renee:Sprinkled on the bones of the beast! Sharp tower, red crystal, steel ring. Move and become the wind, stop and become the calm. The sound of warring spears fills the empty castle! Hadō #63. Raikōhō

An orb of yellow energy forms in Renee's off hand and fires at blinding speed towards Satoshi who just got his barrier put up on his blade. Satoshi shunpos up and over the incoming attack and releases the barrier from the tip of his blade firing a tornado like wind burst towards Renee. Without a word Renee erects a barrier between her and the incoming wind attack. While in the air Satoshi spins two quick circles and sends two small tornadoes off to his left as he shunpos over to the right. Just after appearing several meters to the left of Renee, whose barrier is still being pressed by the gusting wind Satoshi flicks his blade back and forward sending several mini sharp gusts of wind at Renee. The Friction still being lower in the area the cutting wind attacks deflect or completely miss. Just as the first attack that was colliding with the barrier fades Renee feels a gust of wind behind her. Quickly she spins on the ball of her foot swinging her mace horizontally. The two tornadoes get relatively close and divert with Renee's swing in a wide arc and begin to fly to Satoshi. Satoshi steps forward holding his blade in front of him and bracing his grip with his other hand. The tornadoes instantly are drawn into his blade reforming his barrier. Renee charges at Satoshi at full speed which is even faster due to low friction. As she gets close Renee swings hard with her mace but Satoshi shifts just behind her and releases the barrier on the back of his blade performing a diagonal slash from his top right down. Most of the slash is deflected by the combination of the low friction and Renee rolling around to face Satoshi but a small bruise going across the middle of her back. While spinning around Renee had her mace swinging for a strike which Satoshi tries to avoid but as hes jumping back feels an increase in friction. Satoshi is barley able to activate his shifting winds just as the mace makes contact limiting the damage to a bruise under his right arm. Satoshi blasts the barrier on his blade off between the two to gain some distance.

Satoshi: Never let your opponent get behind you. That's one of the first things he taught me.

Renee: Its a good lesson to learn.

The two smirk as they prepare for another exchange of attacks.

Well there is first half waiting on Whiteflame for other. Also sry if its not long enough or too long i just felt that it was a good place for a break in the battle for second part where i ended it.
Renee knew she couldn’t let this fight last. The longer the winds were allowed the pick up; the more powerful and fast Satoshi would become. He wasn’t holding back either, so she would have to pull out all the stops here.

She increased the zone of friction around her to its maximum, waiting for it strike. It came in a flash, the wind gathered on the edge of his blade propelling him forward. It would have taken her hard in the side if she hadn’t increased the friction so high. A hand was in front of his face before he could respond.

Renee: Sōren Sōkatsui.

Blue flame poured out of her hand in two separate streams, and the massive friction she placed around it condensed them into two halves of a giant orb around him, forcing him backward inside of it. She reduced the friction around her to its lowest, preparing to strike him when he launched out of it, only to be caught in a massive cone of wind that was launched out of it. The wind smashed the armor on her right shoulder and abdomen, causing her to cough up blood as they both rammed into the far walls from each other. She grasped at the torn flesh of her shoulder as she took up position in the middle of the arena.

Satoshi was nowhere to be seen, though she could feel him, moving around her at a tremendous rate. He’d gathered up enough wind to continuously speed around her on its gusts, moving at speeds that even she would have a hard time keeping up with. He was covered in burns from her attack, though, and the smoke occasionally gave away his location. She couldn’t risk keeping her speed low at this point – even with high friction, he’d be impossible to keep up with.

A flash of white light whipped out of the storm around her, curved by the vicious winds. Other flashes appeared from nowhere, almost simultaneously. She gritted her teeth.

Renee: Tozanshō.

A giant pyramid-shaped barrier formed around her. It wouldn’t last long, but it would give her cover. She forced her way out the large base of the pyramid above her, just as shards of white lightning pierced through the sides. The whole thing came crashing down, providing a brief zone without wind. She cast a quick Tenran – it would give her opponent new wind to work with, but it would hold the zone empty of his for at least a little while. With that, she began to chant.

Satoshi couldn’t hear her through the roar around him. He’d whipped the winds into a frenzy at last, but that last attack had singed him greatly. One of his eyes had been forced shut by the blast, and the clothing on his chest smoked continuously, the skin underneath in tremendous pain. For the moment, he could barely make her out beyond the storm she herself had created, though he planned to use that against her soon enough.

In what seemed like an instant, hundreds of small pink spears surrounded her. Well, he should have expected that, but he grimaced nonetheless. It would be impossible to attack her from close up, and now that he’d shown her his arcing Byakurai, she would be able to trace it to his exact location. Even with the constant wind around him, her eyes were always following his movements, though always a step behind.

She suddenly placed her hands down on the arena floor, mouthing Kakushitsuijaku, and a blue circle formed around them. She immediately looked directly to his location. Shit.

It all happened in an instant. One moment, she was in eye of the storm she’d created, and the next she was on top of him, slamming down pink light directly on top of him in a tremendous wave. In that same instant, all of the wind around him gathered back to his blade, and he sliced forward.

An immense explosion blanketed the field. Satoshi appeared on the far side of the field, his entire left side including the arm and leg were a mess of blood and burnt skin. His speed had forced most of him forward quickly enough, though not quite all of him. The wind still surrounded his blade, a tremendously compressed torrent of energy.

Renee appeared soon afterward, breathing heavily. His strike had caught her across a great deal of her torso, and deep. The armor around it had been parted as though it was little more than paper - how she had managed to avoid making that a fatal blow was beyond him. The left lung had been cleaved all the way through along with the breast above it, and her liver had almost certainly been cut open as well. Blood should have poured from the wound, yet the high friction zone around it kept the blood to a small trickle. Her experience with near-deadly injuries kept her on her feet, though she strained from the blow. The mechanical left arm sparked and shuddered, and she had to grab a hold of it with the other arm. Apparently, it had a difficult time dealing with such high level kido.

They both sagged under the weight of their injuries, but the look in their eyes broached no complaints. Neither was willing to stop here, even with such dire injuries. The next clash might be their last.
Wow, two very good post and an extremely hard decision to make here. I'll have to give my vote to Satoshi.

You guys have no idea how many times I changed my mind on this.
I do like Satoshi however he is still young is not fit for the head commander postion..in the long run Renee has more experince so my vote for the future of soul soceity goes to Renee
over a year ago gracen_silence said…
I'll have to place my vote for.. Renee.
Despite Renee's incredible power, Satoshi just seems to have the upper hand seeing as the longer he can draw out the battle, the more powerful he becomes. I cast my vote for Satoshi.
Alright, well that's 4 votes (and thank you to those that have), conspicuously missing are shukun, S3raphymn, rantora and onix. I know the decision is rather difficult for some of you, but I would like if we could get a decision at some point tomorrow. If there is a tie, we'll work something out as a tiebreaker, but we need all 8 votes before we move forward.
I vote Renee due to the fact that she has more experience and battle and she has been trained by two Captain commanders, making her more suitable for the task at hand.

By the way, good posts.
Not to contradict people, though I think most of you have the wrong idea about Renee's background. I haven't given it fully yet, so it's not too surprising that there's some confusion, but if you'll recall, she only showed up in the story late into Mine's tenure as Captain Commander, not too long before she died in fact. She was certainly trained by Mine, but was more of an adviser and friend to Isao than a pupil. Satoshi was already a full soul reaper at the time (probably high rank in his squad), though he didn't become a vice captain till Isao became Captain Commander. He didn't learn much from Mine, but was taught control by Isao and almost seen as a son to him. There's something to be said about the fact that she was raised to 13th captain before getting her blade, and that Satoshi has yet to hold a captain's seat (though the main reason for that is because he wanted to be close to Isao at all times), but they were both relatively high rank at the same time.

As for the calm attitude, Satoshi's is certainly a different type of calm (his is more laid back and relaxed but ready, similar to Ukitake, Renee's more like a coiled viper waiting to strike, closer to Yoruichi but showing less emotion). I'm not so certain that the difference is enough to warrant stating that one is calmer than the other.

I don't say all of this to change votes, though those who choose to may do so. I merely want to set the record straight.
over a year ago s3raphymn said…
Renee.
hmmm
Yeah I just read through some of the reasonings and well... they confuse me. I know some came in the forum after certain flashbacks but fyi Satoshi has a lot more experience when compared to Renee. Just saying...
Well, perhaps not "a lot more," but guys, realize that Renee never went through the academy. She trained directly under Mine, and before that, she was either on the streets or captured by Sengoku. Satoshi went into the academy at a relatively young age and worked his way up through the ranks as a normal soul reaper.

Nonetheless, unless I see people changing their minds on their votes, I'll go ahead and stick with the votes as is.
im re-framing the reason of why i chose Renne and not Satoshi. Satoshi is very powerful but his power comes from prolonging the fight but as renee showed prolonging isnt always best if the person can think fast and come up with a good stratagem to end the fight fast that's useless and she has the ability to end a fight before it goes out of her favor plus her being capable of using forbidden kido to were Satoshi can not gives her the upper hand
prolonged fights aren't satoshi's only form of power prolonged fights serve to help satoshi because they produce more wind for him to use to his advantage but it has been shown Satoshi is a quick thinker he knows what hes doing and he is by far not helpless in earl fight. He just gains more advantage than a typical adversary does when in a longer fight
i never said he was helpless in an early fight and i know he is a quick thinker as well
She had never expected the fight to go this far. Satoshi was obviously just as serious about this fight as she was – neither was holding back, and their wounds were evidence enough of that. Even the 4th Squad members around them looked at them uncertainly, wondering if the next clash might lead to one of their deaths. The announcer yelling through the microphone, but it felt like he was miles away, his voice only a buzz in her ears. The crowd around them was in turmoil as people cheered for them, but the swarm their voices didn’t even register.

Renee fought to stand, the large wound across her chest sapping her strength. Nonetheless, it was not what most concerned her. Her left arm strained against the grip of her right, metal grating against the flesh of her palm as it sparked and twitched. She couldn’t exert control like this, but she’d need it. This next attack would require all of her faculties. Kichigai said it had a self repair mechanism, though it would take too long to let that fix it completely. Still, she had a little time. Satoshi seemed to be having some difficulties dealing with the damage to the left side of his body. He seemed to have given up for the moment on his fast travel, and was gathering the winds around him back around his blade, preparing for an attack. They stood still, both fighting to keep their composure as they gathered their energy for another strike.

It took a minute before she could move the fingers on her left hand again, though it seemed to take hours. She couldn’t risk using another high level kido without breaking the arm completely, so she’d have to make it count. Her eyes never left Satoshi.

Suddenly, he was directly in front of her, the force of the wind on his blade forcing him forward. He thrust it forward in the same instant, and it was only lucky that she had her mace in front of her at that moment. She immediately cast Enkōsen, flattening and expanding the shield to cover entire wind cone. It quickly shattered, sending her reeling backward, though it had absorbed most of the wind of the blast. However, that proved to be only a portion of the wind on his blade, and he immediately launched a follow up, she had no time to steady herself as she launched a condensed Haien into it and bursting outward in a purple explosion.

Satoshi pushed forward into the explosion, preparing to gather his wind back around his blade. A green glow engulfed a circular zone on the arena floor, lines crisscrossing it to intersect at Satoshi’s and Renee’s location. A giant dome of light formed around them, and exploded in a huge flash of vertical light. Satoshi was stuck in midair, weapon surrounded by motionless wind extended out to his side. Renee’s hands were separated by 5 inches, a block of green light formed between them.

It was all she could do to hold this for even a moment, but a moment was all she needed. She used shunpo to appear beneath him, striking upward with the mace in her right hand just as she released the kido as her left began to spark again.

Everything happened in an instant. Satoshi had no time to dodge, instead exploding some of the wind on his blade to force himself to rotate. The mace collided with his right hip, shattering it in an instant and leaving a bloody mess. The strike forced him high into the air, and with the last of his strength he flung down his blade. The tip collided with her mace in a tremendous torrent of wind. The arm shattered in a flurry of steel, sharp metal fragments flying everywhere. A huge gash formed across her forehead, an ear was torn completely off, several bits buried themselves in her left leg and right arm. Some of the fragments even reached Satoshi, leaving a huge gash across his right cheek and across his back, damaging his lower spine.

Renee slumped over, injuries tugging her to the ground. Her bankai was still barely active, stopping most of the bleeding. Satoshi flopped to the ground a good distance away, struggling to prop himself up on his good arm. Renee struggled to get her head up and look at Satoshi. The arena was in ruin from the last few clashes with rubble everywhere. The onlookers standing up and stunned into silence. Neither of the fighters have moved in what felt like ages.

Satoshi stirred a little attempting to get to his knees but his injuries weight him down refusing to allow him off the ground. Renee struggled to move as her arm sparked and refused to move causing her to fall over. After a few more attempts to stand up and failing the two paused. Staring at each other eyes. Everything else faded. All Satoshi could see was Renee's eyes. Unyielding and strong. Peering back at him. Satoshi lifted his head up as far as he could and dug his chin into the ground in front of him. Pulling with every ounce of strength in his body Satoshi was able to drag his body a couple inches closer.

Renee was not surprised at all by this. She could see it in his eyes. Eyes that refused to give up, refused to weaken, refused to turn away from his goals. With a groan Renee barley gets her good arm ahead of her dragging her mangled body forward. Each inch the two moved felt like miles. Each movement caused their entire body to scream out in pain. Blood poured out from the two. Though Renee's was flowing slower. The 4th squad members rushed on to the field. Apparently the announcer was yelling something but neither heard it.

Medics attempted to pick up Satoshi to tend to his wounds but were greeted with a snarl as he continued to drag him self even closer. Other medics did not even dare to come near Renee after she shot a glance at them out the corner of her eye. After what felt like an eternity through hell the two were now mere feet away. Satoshi's chin now cut and shredded to the bone. The two gave one last pull getting them selves only inches away.

Satoshi heaved as he tried to pull his good arm in front of him only to have it not respond to his command. Renee didn't even bother. She knew her body couldn't move any farther. They just layed there with several medics hovering over waiting for their moment to lend aid. Neither one broke eye contact as they stared directly at one another. Both prodding into each others mind, looking for anything they can use for an advantage. Neither ready to admit the battle is over yet. As Renee looked she picked her head up as far as it would go and smiled.

Renee: (To her self) I guess the Soul Society will do well in his hands.

Renee's head fell down with a thud as her smile faded and eyes closed. All the medics quickly jumped forward tending to the two fighters.

The end
Alright, so as someone who just read this might have noticed, Renee was not the victor. The main reason for that is that I decided to forfeit the final round. I feel that since I held the position up till now, I should pass it on. It almost seems dynastic any other way. I realize that it sort of makes the vote just for show, but I still appreciate everyone taking the time to make their vote anyway.
smile
A Changing Wind: The Era of Satoshi Begins

- Near the construction site of Squad 2’s new barracks –
Squad 2 Captain Rena slowly walks around the construction site as she watches the many workers move methodically in an attempt to rebuild her part of the once proud and untouchable Soul Society. Rena sighed as she thought about the craziness that has filled these past few months, but a smile appeared on her face as she thought of the stability that was soon to come.

???: Ah…there you are Captain.

Rena turned around slowly to see her lieutenant Marik walking up to her. Her eyes opened wide in shock as Marik was not wearing his usual mask. It had been many years since she’d seen that face of his; it reminded her of a more peaceful time.

Rena: What’s the occasion?

Marik: I assume you’re talking about my mask not being on. Well…it’s a new day and era for Soul Society so I thought I said try something a little different, plus the breeze feels nice on my face. So what are you up to?

Rena: Just trying to get used to this. It’s so different this time.

Marik: This time? What do you mean?

Rena: I was still in the academy when Mine died so I had no real emotional attachment or responsibility, but this time I’m a Captain and Isao was like a father to me. It’s so different… WAAAAAH…I miss Isaooooooooooo!

Marik: (shocked by Rena’s sudden outbreak) Hey come on Captain there is no reason to cry.

Rena: (suddenly stops crying and has a straight face) Yeah you’re right. Plus we have Satoshi now so we’re in good hands.

Marik: (sighs) Your fluctuating emotions never cease to amaze me.

Rena: (laughs as she scratches her head) Sorry about that; you know I can’t help it.

Marik: But…

Rena: But what?

Marik: Do you really believe in Satoshi? Is he really the best to lead Soul Society?

Rena: (furious) OF COURSE HE IS!!!

Marik: (sighs) You changed again!

Rena: (calms down) Oh sorry. But like I was saying; Satoshi or Renee would have been perfect! Renee studied under Mine and Satoshi under Isao. There was no logical choice besides one of them. I’ve known Satoshi for years. People don’t know this but he was the one that trained me when my brother was always away on missions. He is very under-rated since he was only a lieutenant. But I always knew how great he was and still is. We couldn’t ask for a better Head Captain. Trust me…after a few years…you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about.

Marik: Heh, well if you believe in him…then so will I…hmm

Rena and Marik both pause for a moment as they feel an incredibly large spiritual pressure fill the air.

Marik: (nervous) What is that?

Rena: Relax! It’s nothing to worry about. I’m just curious as to why he’s here and why his energy is so intense now!

- Inside the recovery room of the medical facility –
Renee and Satoshi are both sitting up in their beds covered in bandages as they await the strong energy coming towards their room. There is no sign of worry on their faces as they were both prepared for this meeting. Satoshi inches to the edge of his bed and slides off to stand up as he wants to face this man eye-to-eye. Light trickles into the room as the door slowly opens revealing the figure of a man whose entire torso is covered in bandages. Renee looks over at the figure and addresses him.

Renee: I’m surprised you didn’t watch the tournament.

Miroku: (sighs) I really wanted to watch it but I had other things to attend to. Yari’s training is going a little slower than I envisioned so I had to up her training regimen. (Miroku turns and stares at Satoshi)

Satoshi: What is it?

Miroku: You might not remember this but back when we had our little skirmish when you tried to stop Isao and me from fighting, I told you that you had a ways to go before you could stand up to me. But look at you now; finally removing those restraints that held you back. I can feel your spiritual pressure…no…your confidence growing with every passing second. You’ll make a great Head Captain!

Satoshi: Thanks but I’m sure you didn’t come here to flatter me. What’s up?

Miroku: Renee didn’t tell you?

Renee: AHHH I forgot! With all the rebuilding and the tournament coming up it completely slipped my mind.

Satoshi: Whatever it is seems important.

Miroku: It is. It involves a man named Takuma.

Renee: He says he’s a member of an assassin group that “balances” the powers of the world.

Satoshi: What is that suppose mean?

Miroku: Not completely sure but he did tell me that I’m on the top of his hit list.

Satoshi: Then he could attack you any second.

Miroku: Well…that’s the weird thing. He said his group won’t be at full strength until one hundred years from now.

Satoshi: That has me worried. He could attract many followers within that large period of time as well as strengthen himself and those who follow him. We need to make serious preparations! I’ll inform the building team that their attention needs to be focused on rebuilding the academy to train new recruits. All able bodied members are to periodically report to the training grounds for intense training. The last thing we need is to be unprepared like before. Do you have any other info on these assassins?

Renee: We know he is working with two arrancar.

Satoshi: Arrancar working with a soul reaper? This is different. What intel do we have on the arrancar?

Miroku: One of them is a big guy that goes by the name Omega. I’ve fought him one on one and he is beyond tough to beat. The other one is named Alpha…

Satoshi: (recognizing the name) Alpha? I fought an arrancar named Alpha when we went to Hueco Mundo. She took on myself as well as Zane, Boa and Yasashiku.

Renee: (sighs) We lost to many people already. We can’t loose anymore.

Satoshi: My thoughts exactly! Let them come…we’ll be ready!

Miroku: We’ll I’m glad you’re taking precautions. I’ll be leaving now.

Renee: Hold on, did you find your missing subordinate?

Miroku: No, Hidan’s energy completely disappeared. Ariza even went to Hueco Mundo to find him and still nothing. Right now I’m just expecting the worst. I already order a tombstone for him. It’s a shame that we lost a great mind such as his.

Satoshi: Both of our groups have suffered loses. I’m hoping we can finally put the differences aside and work together in the future.

Miroku walks towards the door and closes it as he walks out. Miroku holds his head down as he slowly walks towards what used to be the front gate of Soul Society.

Miroku: (thinking as he walks) I wish I could say my group could work with yours but that is not for me to decide; you’ll have to talk to Yari about that. My Rising Suns is over! We all went our separate ways, well…except for Kuesu. She’s pregnant with my child so she won’t be fighting anymore; I honestly don’t want to fight much anymore either when my child is born. (sighs) Things sure have changed…hopefully for the better.

To be continued after the TIME SKIP!
"Seasons change,
Time passes by.
As the weeks become the months,
Become the years."

Random Soul Reaper: It's amazing how much progress we managed to make in just a few days. I mean, making a stadium, setting up that machine that randomly sings South Park songs, we've really come a long way!

whiteflame: Damnit, you're supposed to pretend it's been 100 years!

Cadence: Do you not understand what the word "years" means? Here, I know I have a clock on me somewhere, give a me a second...

*scene cuts away*

So yeah...100 year time skip people. Time's moving forward, a lot. I'll get us started with a rather long post. See you on the other side!
(Just over 600 years ago)

When he stepped into the dimly lit room, Demandred could already tell this meeting was going to be trouble. He had already pocketed the 2 coins he had been shifting between the fingers on his right hand, though he had to consciously stop himself from reaching back in to grab more. He clenched his hands into fists as he looked around the room, his face impassive.

The Captain Commander had not arrived yet, but several captains or their stand-ins had. Rojin stood closest to the entrance sitting in charge of the 13th squad. He turned to look at Demandred with light brown eyes, the thick tussle of sandy hair making him look still a boy. The 2nd squad captain stood on the other side of the room, oblivious to his entrance. Her blonde hair was almost as long as she was tall, and her sleek, slender body reminded him of Soi Fon, which was just as well. Chiyo needed her squad to rally to her, even as a new captain. Tenchi stood in for his captain, as per usual; Byakuya making regular excursions in his late years. He was an odd one, the emotions on his face fluctuating as he glanced from person to person. Cadence was also here, but that was also to be expected – Shunsui rarely took the time to attend to captain meetings. She was odd too, but it was no surprise why her captain was fond of her, the girl practically fondled herself for all to see.

There were a select few he was certain he would not see. Retsu and her vice captain were tending to the wounded from a battle that had happened earlier that week, and the wounds were too severe for them to leave to others, especially since Sajin had been among the wounded. His vice captain wouldn’t leave his side. Kenpachi had pulled his entire squad to finish the job, impetuous bastard. The rest should be here momentarily.

He calmly marched over to his spot, cloak fluttering behind him. The marigold emblazoned on it spoke of despair, seemingly appropriate for the general mood in the room. The third squad had never, and would never, see that despair in him though. It was his duty to ensure that they never saw him waver.

Tōshirō entered briefly after him, scanning the room only briefly with those deep blue eyes. His white hair now seemed more appropriate on him now, though only slightly as lines had not yet marked his chiseled face. Kurotsuchi stepped in next, wearing his trademark smirk and an ostentatious headdress that made him looks more a tulip than a man. Time never seemed to touch him. Yamamoto breezed in and took his place at the front of the room. The man sagged under the weight of age that they could only guess at, yet one would be a fool to take him lightly. Still, he seemed frail these days, his breathing ragged. Yukina walked in shortly thereafter, her smooth and easy gait always so reminiscent of Yoruichi’s.

She was the last to enter, of course. Mine sauntered into the room, weaving between pillars and walking slowly as though she had all the time in the world. She had an extremely small frame made almost entirely of dense muscle. He often wondered how she held up that obscenely heavy blade on her back so easily. Her hair was a bright red, streaked orange, and ran down just past her shoulders in waves. She wore her white captain’s cloak angled to her left side, the lily of the valley evident on her shoulder bicep. That always felt so out of place on her – she was anything but the type to showcase her humility. She was a firebrand and a braggart, and that’s all she’d ever be, 5th squad captain or no.

Yamamoto’s eyes followed her around the room as she came over to her spot next to Demandred. He caught signs of respect there, almost as though the old man were glimpsing into the future of Soul Society. It hardly surprised Demandred to see it there, he knew she was slated to take his place. It didn’t make him happy to know that, but his duty lay here, and he would hardly abandon it for her alone. Nonetheless, as she took her place next to him, trying to catch his eyes, he made sure not to meet them. He had no respect for her, no matter what anyone else thought.

Yamamoto: I’m glad you all could make it on such short notice, even those of you who are vice captains are certainly welcome. As many of you surely know, Soul Society has acquired a new threat in recent days. Captain Komamura is in intensive care due to his engagement with them, and I fear that Captain Kenpachi will fare little better in his attempts. I would hear advice regarding how to deal with them.

Mine: Is Sunny so hard to track? He was always ostentatious while he was captain, I would think he would be much the same now.

Chiyo grimaced: He’s as ostentatious as ever. He’s taken to calling this new group the “Rising Suns,” and makes sure to leave his mark everywhere. Nonetheless, the trail always seems to go cold. He must be working with someone far more capable than himself.

Yukina: I think the problem is that we keep sending more people at him. These “Rising Suns” have hardly caused any harm to us that we didn’t bring to their doorstep. And who is to say that they couldn’t benefit us as another front for Hueco Mundo to deal with?
Tōshirō gave her a sharp look: Sunny has made more than a little of a nuisance of himself, but the fact that he abandoned the Gotei 13 is reason enough to engage him. Aizen showed just how dangerous someone like that could be, we can’t take that risk.

Kurotsuchi snickered: I don’t know, the girl might have a point. We have more than enough on our plate as is, and it would be interesting to see where he takes this new group of upstarts…

Chiyo snapped at him: This isn’t one of your damned experiments, Kurotsuchi! They’re a threat to all of us, and I refuse to waste this opportunity to deal with him quickly before he entrenches himself.

Tenchi: I agree that they present a genuine threat to us-

Cadence let out a muffled cry that turned everyone’s heads, though several the majority immediately looked away. She had the oddest habit of exploring the recesses of her clothing for no apparent reason, and this time she was struggling with something at her chest. Beyond a highly amused and intrigued Rojin, no one else was happy for the interruption. At least she had the good grace to blush and remove her hands when she noticed. Tenchi seemed to be the only calm one in the bunch, plodding on with what he was saying.

Tenchi: …but with so much uncertainty, can we really make any strong decisions against them?

Mine: The boy has a point. Zaraki and Sajin almost certainly took the problem more seriously than was warranted. Bringing them down requires that we deal with Sunny and any other leaders he’s gathered, and make extra efforts to keep them from doing anything stupid.

Demandred harrumphed at that: It would be nothing but foolish to leave the organization intact after leaving it toothless. They can rebuild. They can become strong once more.

Mine glared at him: What would you do then? Slaughter them outright?

Demandred turned to look her dead in the eyes. He wouldn’t let her hold the position of power in this conversation.

Demandred: They made their lives forfeit by throwing their weight against us.

Mine: People flock to them for shelter and power. You’re a fool to think that bringing them down is worth all that blood.

Demandred set his jaw: You would have them retain the ability to bring suffering down upon us later.

Yamamoto: ENOUGH! This argument is senseless, we need to come to an agreement, not sew more discord! How does everyone sit on this?

Chiyo: Bringing the organization to its knees doesn’t require a slaughter. My predecessors have always sided with covert action, and so do I.

Kurotsuchi: Much as mass bloodshed is alluring, I would rather study a few living specimens than to wipe them out completely. We made that mistake with the Quincies.

Tōshirō: An all-out war would only place a squeeze our already tight resources. We cannot afford to neglect so many other duties in favor of dealing with this new threat.

Yukina: I cannot support any action against the Rising Suns. I still haven’t seen enough evidence to believe it’s worth attacking them at all. No matter what you all say about their potential for harm, we have very real threats facing us on a daily basis!

Tenchi: I cannot speak for myself, but Captain Byakuya would likely support Mine’s course of action.

Cadence had her attention focused at a random location on the far wall, yet she spoke without hesitation.

Cadence: Captain Kyoraku would support Captain Yukina’s position. Without any known results, he would have a hard time supporting such action.

Rojin looked incredulous: Is no one going to even consider Demandred’s ideas? Gruesome though they are, we have seen the harms that come from allowing outside forces to get out of control. Hueco Mundo is a constant reminder of that. I’m still not certain whether his plan is the best, but should we really throw it out so quickly?

Yamamoto: Everyone has had their chance to consider it, and it seems that the majority all agree on the same course of action. We shall be careful in our action, and bring these Rising Suns down by crushing their leadership and blocking out their light. If only finding rogue soul reapers were so simple. Chiyo, I want you to lead the effort, find out where and how well guarded Sunny is. I would rather not have to kill him, his service to Soul Society is not something I mean to mar with his blood, so when we do go after him, try to take him alive.

Demandred had to put in tremendous physical effort to stop him from grinding his teeth. Rojin had spoken up in his defense, but it seemed as though no one had paid either of them any heed. Perhaps he could get through to them another way.

Demandred: And what of the findings in Hueco Mundo?

Rojin sighed. He had been relegated to the role due to his sand-based abilities, since it allowed him near infinite mobility and easily obscured him, yet he hated having to do it.

Rojin: It seems another group of Espada is beginning to form. They’ve taken control of Las Noches, and have started gathering a host of hollow to their cause.

Yukina: How powerful are these “Espada”? Do they rival their predecessors?

Rojin: Not yet that I’ve seen.

Tōshirō: The Espada have never been anything to worry about on their own. They don’t take action outside of Hueco Mundo unless forced to do so, and if what you say is correct, it should be no problem to intercept and destroy them if they do.

Demandred was surprised to hear him speak against action so quickly. The man had fought against Aizen himself, how could he be so blind to the dangers presented here?

Demandred: Captain Hitsugaya, with all due respect, that’s a fool’s gambit. They still have the Garganta, they can arrive anywhere just as fast-

Tōshirō interrupted: And we would stop them. We have eyes on them, they won’t make a move without our knowledge. If Rojin’s report is to be believed, there’s not eve

Most of the other captains nodded their assent. Rojin furrowed his brow in thought and Yamamoto remained immobile, both vice captains looked simply uncomfortable, but the rest of them seemed lost in their collective madness. Had they all gone insane?

Demandred nearly gaped at them: Have you all lost your senses, or just your sense of duty? These are hollows! They eat the bodies of their own dead to grow stronger! It doesn’t matter if these hollow aren’t even worth a swing of our swords, they will become a threat, mark my words! Am I to think that finally ending them and setting their souls free is some sort of monstrous crime?

Kurotsuchi: How respectful of you. And I suppose you’re going to tell us that you have our experience fighting the Espada in the past is of no matter? That you understand the threat better than us?

Demandred grumbled: I never presumed anything, Captain Mayuri. I’ve read the reports, heard your stories. Captain Hitsugaya, you yourself said that just 10 Vasto Lordes would be enough to crush Soul Society underfoot! Have you so easily forgotten.
Tōshirō gave him a cool look: We’ve proven before that my fears weren’t as well founded as I once believed, but what would you have us do? Comb the deserts destroying hollow? Destroy Las Noches?

Mayuri guffawed: I’d sooner take control of it than destroy it, but he is correct. What you speak of is a fool’s gambit, and over nothing but a small threat of future action. Dissent all you want, but we have made our decision.

Demandred felt he shaking and forced himself to stop. His jaw was clenched so tightly that he could feel a couple of his teeth cracking under the weight.

Mine: You so often speak of duty – the duty to protect through destruction, the duty to bring an end to all those who would harm us – and yet, when that same duty forces you to cut down your former captain and his ilk, you give it not a second thought. Now you talk of that same sense of duty calling on us to put all of our already strapped resources into fighting another external war. I wonder, would it be a dutiful Demandred cutting down someone so close to him, or a vengeful Demandred seeking his own twisted sense of finality? And I wonder whether it is the dutiful or the vengeful one that seeks to scour the sands of Hueco Mundo looking for naught but insects.

The other captains at least had the decency to look embarrassed by her haughty remarks, though no one said anyone. Too many of them agreed with her. Demandred refused to let his fury show in his face, molding his expression into an impassive mask of iron, though he knew Mine could see the fire in his eyes. He asked the Captain Commander for his permission to depart, but didn’t even wait for an answer as he stalked out, his annoyance all the more evident. Only when he was a good distance away did he look down, noticing that he had something tightly gripped in his hands. Each one contained a coin from his pouch, twisted and deformed by the crushing force of his fists. He sighed, tossing them aside. He would have to replace those.

???: You know, SOME people actually do this thing called “feeling emotion.” You might take a lesson from them.

Demandred stiffened, turning his gaze over towards the source of the voice. The man’s skin was only a couple of shades darker than himself, and was stretched taut over his muscular arms and legs. While he was many years younger than Demandred, Takuma had an air of confidence well past his age. His smile was a comfort to everyone around him. Demandred had forced him to wear his shinigami robes more often, so his usual crushed velvet shirt only showed itself slightly at his chest. He hadn’t been happy about that order, but he’d followed it.

Demandred: Everyone has their way of dealing with emotion. I won’t have mine questioned by the likes of you.

Takuma held up his hands, smile appearing on his face. He really was a handsome man. His jet black hair was straightened on top of his head, yet curled at the sides, covering most of his ears. His deep brown eyes held a great mirth in them, as though he was constantly thinking of some amazing joke. He would make a great captain someday, the fact that he was his vice captain at such a young age was a testament to his skill, though bankai still eluded him. Demandred did notice with some annoyance that his vice captain badge was missing.

Takuma: Hey now, I’m just looking out for your health, captain.

Demandred sniffed: As if I’d ever take health advice from you.

Takuma snickered: I suppose you’re right, though you would do well to abide the advice of others occasionally, captain. You’ll find that some of it is worthy of your time and effort.

Demandred ignored his spiteful tone. Much as he would soon make a great leader, he was not one yet, and his attitude was hardly suiting for one of his station. Demandred had thought to break him of it one of these days, but so far his efforts had yielded few results.

Takuma couldn’t abide long silences: So, how did the meeting go captain?

Demandred grumbled: My views fell on deaf ears. Few of them can seem to see past the immediate problems we face.

Takuma was oddly silent at that. Normally, he had a retort for him whenever he aired his grievances, but his mind seemed elsewhere for the moment. That was odder still… he was not one to daydream. They walked in silence for about half a minute; he welcomed it.

Takuma: Are you certain your eyes see far enough yourself, captain?

Demandred started: What’s that?

Takuma: There are so many things that our senses can tell us, and so much that they hide. Is this world, one where power reigns supreme, the one we should be fighting to protect?

Demandred stopped looked at him, incredulous. It must have shown on his face, Takuma suddenly becoming concerned. He turned away, averting his gaze.

Takuma: N-never mind… It was just a silly thought. You know how I like to philosophize.

Demandred smoothed his features: You had best keep ideas like that to yourself. Know your place, and do your duty.

He started walking again, this time at a brisker pace. Takuma stood in place for a moment, a bewildered look on his face, then shook his head as if to rid himself of his thoughts. The smile returned to his face as he jogged after him.

Takuma: Sorry captain, I forgot my place.

Demandred: Best you remember it… and make sure you wear your damn badge!

Takuma smiled broadly: Got it right here captain!

He snatched it out from his sleeve, wrapping the band around his head in such a manner that it covered his eyes, leaving the badge centered in front of his face.

Takuma: Maybe I should wear it like this, see if I can start a trend!

Demandred ignored him, walking on towards his barracks, with Takuma trying to find his way blindly behind him. The sun was setting in the distance, the sky turning to brilliant reds, pinks and oranges, yet as his thoughts returned to the meeting, the night had never looked gloomier.

(The Present)

Demandred paused in his meditations opening his eyes. There was little he could do to sooth the roiling emotions that seemed to run through his veins these days. Much as he rarely showed any sign of emotion on the surface, he certainly felt them well enough. That was his disguise, his role to play. The immovable object.

He took a moment to glance around the small chamber he inhabited. With no windows, the tower gave little hint of what time it was outside. The only light being cast was by a number of candles that littered the room on all sides, climbing the walls a few feet before disappearing into the dark upper recesses of the tower. This place gave him some peace, isolated from the world outside, from the duties he’d abandoned and the duties he had burned into his very being.

Thoughts of the past had an oddly calming effect on him, even of times as trying as those that came to him now. Sometimes, it seemed as though he were climbing an endless mountain, the summit always well out of sight, and the handholds and cliffs beneath him, no matter how treacherous, seeming like old friends. The present was ever-changing, and the future so uncertain that his past was the only solid thing in life for him to cling to. The only one that held his thoughts at the moment was Takuma, his words seemed almost haunting at this point, though he had no idea why. Demandred had to wonder what ever happened to that boy…oh well, he had probably gotten his fool self killed, like so many others. It hardly mattered now.

He closed his eyes again, the light of the present winking out of existence as the past sprang up before him once more.

(Several years after the other previous events)

He sat brooding over documents arrayed in neat piles on his desk, the ever stern look covering his face, though this time he felt it as thoroughly as ever. Each of the documents seemed so pointless, none of them made a bit of difference. Mine constantly blocked him out of captain meetings, and his ideas had begun to earn laughs among the other captains. LAUGHS! Shunsui rarely took anything seriously, and he could hardly respect Kurotsuchi, but Byakuya, Shuhei, Chiyo… No one supported him. Even Kenpachi thought him too reckless. Mine never laughed or smiled during those meetings, but she was certainly smug enough, that bitch. Rojin gave him occasional token support for nothing in particular, and Yamamoto always heard him out in full, but it was all pointless. It felt insane to persist, and yet he must.

Still, he forced himself to focus on his work, demeaning and ridiculous though it was. His squad had been reduced to little more than errand boys. Takuma was still sent on the occasional mission, but Demandred might as well have been on lockdown. They always assured him that his work was essential, yet he knew what they were doing, tossing him aside like so much trash. Trash that would see to his duties, no matter how frivolous.

The room around him was extremely small. He had taken the smallest room in the barracks for his office, much to the chagrin of his underlings. Yet he had insisted, not out of some need to showcase his austerity, but because it suited him best. The small room barely fit his desk and chair, and those who visited could barely squeeze themselves into the space in front of it. There was no room for a chair, so they all stood. It had no windows, so the room was lit by a single candle. The only ornamentation was an empty frame on the wall, ornately wrought with a dark wood backing.

He had fallen into a rhythm with his work just as the knock came. He had not been expecting anyone, though it was hardly surprising for someone to pay a visit. These days, it was most likely another squad member asking for leave to join another. It was words he’d heard often, and they cut him to his core.

Demandred: Enter.

The man who stepped in the door WAS unexpected. All in black, he was a messenger from Central 46, only his eyes and hands were visible. He couldn’t help but frown as the young man squeezed into the room. Central 46 had never done him any favors, and had done him nothing but harm of late. He was certain that they had a hand in the Gotei 13’s change in attitude towards his squad.

The man tried to bow as he spoke: Captain, I beg your pardon-

Demandred: I have little enough time for pleasantries these days, and certainly none for any of yours. Spit it out.

Man: As you say. I have news, sir. You are to receive a promotion to the Soul King’s own squad. He calls upon you to defend him.

Demandred dropped the pen in his hand, his mouth gaping open. He had never expected this. It was a dream come true, a chance to fulfill the central duty of all Soul Reapers – to protect the balance of the world. The Gotei 13 was an opportunity to defend each realm individually, Squad 0 protected them all at once. He should feel elated.

Yet something died inside of him at those words. What it was, he couldn’t say. He felt paralyzed as he sat there, dazed.

Man: …Sir? What is the matter? This is a momentous occasion!

Perhaps it was the fact that this message came from Central 46, and therefore made it sound hollow. Perhaps it was the seemingly careless tone in the voice of the messenger. Perhaps it was simply the culmination of these years of feeling tossed aside. All he knew was that a fire built inside of him that he had never felt in all his years, a fire that he could not quench by merely letting it pass through him. His face became a thunderhead, and the man in black recoiled instinctively before slamming himself against the door, knob forgotten. The wood of the frame creaked under his force, though it took several blows to force the door open. He only took half a step out, though, before he was caught on the shoulder by Demandred’s iron-strong hand.

His world turned to fire and blood. There was nothing else. The screams of the man before him were drowned out in the tumult, and everything disappeared behind a haze of red.

When he regained control of himself, nothing seemed familiar anymore. The office he had called home was torn asunder, door hanging off a single hinge and desk shattered to pieces. Most of the back wall had disappeared, and night air flowed into the room. Huge raking marks covered the other walls, as though some giant beast had been set loose to wreak havoc. He looked down at his clothing and hands, and saw they were covered in blood, little of it his own. He scanned the hallway around him, and could see dozens of wounded, dead and dying. Apparently, others in his squad had tried to stop him.

Brief feelings of regret and horror passed through him, replaced by an odd feeling of placidness. It wasn’t just the wall he created for himself so easily, a wall he thought impenetrable. This somehow satisfied his sense of duty, in some morbid and implacable way. These fools wanted nothing more than to relegate him to nothing, to reduce his duty to little more than a joke. That’s all this promotion had been.

He tore the captain’s cloak off his shoulders, noting the large gash that had obliterated the marigold. It seemed he had brought despair after all… Perhaps that had been his real duty. He turned to leave, throwing down the torn remnants as he stepped over the mound of wood that used to be his desk. He glanced to his right, noting with some interest that the frame on the wall remained almost entirely untouched, save for it having been made slightly crooked. He set it straight on the wall, taking a step back to look at it. Before, he couldn’t say why he had kept the blasted thing. It held no sentimental value, it was merely an item he had found during one of his trips through the Rukongai. Now, he thought he knew. He had not known himself before, had not understood the duties he sought to bind himself to. Perhaps the picture that belonged there had not been taken yet.

With that, he walked out into the night, disappearing in a flash.

(Present)

He opened his eyes again. Had he always been such a fool, trusting in the uncertain future? In his little tower, he could isolate himself from the decisions he’d made, from even the cathedral around him. He wasn’t sure whether to believe in the world he’d plunged himself into so recklessly, like the child he had been so long ago. Had he learned nothing, even now? The Church had given him something new to believe in, a new duty to attend to. But was it real? Did it matter? He had forsaken his duties, just like his captain before him, and his captain before him. Aizen, Sunny… He had thought them such failures, such derelicts, and yet here he sat, having abandoned those same duties for his own purposes. Had he become such a delinquent himself, or had they been right all along?

He sighed. Those thoughts that beckoned to him were of little use. He had made his bed, and now he must sleep in it, no matter what the result. Aizen and Sunny had failed in their efforts, the former imprisoned for an eternity and the latter dead. He refused to come to such an end.

Demandred opened the door, pushing his way out into the dead of night. It was probably the same day (it had been early morning when he had entered before), though he had no easy way of telling – sometimes his meditations took much longer than he could know. The rough stone cathedral stretched out beneath him, windswept and eroded by time, though it was still well kept, the stones replaced when need be. Like it or not, this was the duty he had assigned himself to, and he could not afford to flag in his certainty. The Inquisitor didn’t have the luxury of feeling uncertainty.
I'll be posting an "opening" story sometime tonight.
I know that post was a bit long, but I figured it was worth doing in this instance. That's basically the entire introduction to my brand new character. Along those same lines, I've got another post. Yes, I know, it's a lot of reading, but I think you guys will enjoy this (as I hope you enjoyed that last post, despite the length).

Pandora didn’t know where she was. She never did. These dunes all looked the same, endless miles upon miles of sand pooled in heaping mounds on and on and on and on…

But she never really cared either. This domain was hers, granted her by Rey himself. It didn’t matter that she hadn’t felt his power since that fateful day – he was a god, and who needed proof of the survival of an immortal being? She occasionally sensed the power of the other gods who surrounded him, and one that constantly sat still, unmoving. She couldn’t say who it was, but it didn’t matter. He too was a god, and she knew to steer clear of his domain.

Meanwhile, she was a vassal. She had been sent here, out into the dunes, to be. Not to accomplish a task, just…to be.

To be…to be…

She stopped in place, tilting her head ever so slightly as she stared up at the black sky above her. To be…

She felt a tug from behind her and spun. Once again, she was surprised to see only what she saw every time, the endless waves of sand… and the box. Attached to her by a random chain she had picked up in the desert, she had been dragging it for quite a while. The box always seemed to tug at her, try to lure her towards it. Each and every day, she told herself she would ignore it, finding new ways to distance herself from it. But if she buried it, she would soon find herself walking back towards where it had been placed and leave her hands raw and bloody by digging to get to it.

Every time, she would look at it, and tell herself that the gods had entrusted it to her, to keep it safe. They had said all of the evils in the world were in there. She remembered it perfectly, as though it had just happened yesterday… When did it happen? Funny, she remembered it so clearly, and yet she couldn’t say when she had heard it. Or where. All she knew was that the gods…well, some god…had entrusted its protection to her. They told her that others were allowed to open it, but never her. Never her. NEVER HER.

Still, she couldn’t stop herself from just taking a peek. Just a little peek. Nothing more. Curiosity, simple as that. If others could open it, why not her? Where was the harm? Wasn’t she their chosen one? Wasn’t she stronger than the rest? Hadn’t she suffered enough?

The box wasn’t ornate, it didn’t even look special. It was all dark wood, even knotted in several places. It looked almost like a large jewelry box, about a foot long, 6 inches wide and the same tall. There was never a hint of wear or damage on it, not even grime. It was as though it was always brand new.

She shook her vision from the box behind her, turning back to the road ahead. The road…grains of sand everywhere. Where was the road? Had there been a road? Where had she been going? Did she care?

With a scream of fury, she launched herself backward onto the box behind her. A frenzy was upon her, her eyes wide with anticipation, lips aquiver. She refused to let this MADNESS go on any longer! She would have it, whatever was inside, whatever the consequences, she would have it!

Her fingers scrabbled at the edges of the box, trying to pry the opening apart, though it refused to budge. All of her strength meant nothing, she could no more open it than purge Hueco Mundo of all of its sand. Still, her fingers scrambled for purchase, heedless of pain. Fingernails broke and tore off completely, to no avail.

She screamed in impotent fury, throwing the box away from her. She HATED IT! HATED that the gods had given her the box along with such curiousity. HATED that she was incapable of opening it. HATED those damn grains of sand! She jumped up above directly above it, spinning in the air.

Pandora: BOREAS!

As soon as she was directly above it, a tremendous blast of wind came out of her, seemingly from all sides at once, ramming down on it from multiple angles. A tremendous cloud of sand was launched into the air all around her, exploding into a giant fountain that rained down all around her. She landed, panting, looking at the area where the box was and knowing it would still be there. Knowing it was never finished.

???: What’s this now?

A large form came up behind her, slamming her face first down into the sand. She didn’t resist, didn’t care. She couldn’t feel fear nor move to stop him. And he wasn’t alone.

???: What did you find, Gantenbainne?

Gantenbainne: This one was making quite a bit of noise, though she seems to have calmed down at this point. Care to tell us what that was all about?

Pandora didn’t respond. It all felt so pointless, nothing mattered without being able to open that box. She couldn’t remember the number of years she had been with it, the number of years she had evaded her curiosity, but now that it could never be slaked, life was pointless. The gods had forsaken her. He punched her hard in the back of the head, dazing her.

Gantenbainne: She won’t talk. Cirucci, go check it out.

He flipped her over, placing his fist directly between her eyes. He was garbed all in white with a black sash across his midsection. Behind his head, a large rounded shape of armor extended over his shoulders and arms with golden bands running across it, each ending in punching daggers in the shape of dragon heads. He wore a sunglasses-shaped plate on his forehead with 4 teeth above each eye, but it was his gigantic orange afro-style hair that stood out most of all.

Gantenbainne: Move and you die.

Cirucci shouted from down below: It looks like it’s just some sort of box. Thing’s in good shape still. Could make a good jewelry box.

She came up the slope that was created by the cero. She was much shorter than her ally, also clothed in white, with large pieces of disc-like armor around her shoulders. She had large wings sprouting out of her back much like an insect, each made up of a series of black curved blades. She wore a beak-like headpiece with a large, feathery mane protruding from it that trailed past her legs. A long, prehensile tail extended behind her as well, and her arms were long and slender with lengthy claws. Her dark purple hair barely reached down to her shoulders. She took a look down at the prostrate Pandora and gave a sniff.

Cirucci: What an ugly and weak arrancar. Does she take care of herself at all?

Gantenbainne: She looks half-crazed, hardly even thought about her looks. Girl must’ve been attacked countless times. It’s amazing she has survived long enough to live to this age.

Cirucci sniffed again: I don’t care about her. Just tell us what’s in this box, and we’ll kill you quickly. You’re not worth eating anyway.

Pandora couldn’t help smiling. These people, they would satisfy her curiosity. It would be just as the gods said – she would be rewarded for her patience.

Pandora spoke calmly: Everything you’ve ever dreamed of.

Cirucci: Eh? Don’t fuck with us, bitch. What’s really in here?

Pandora: Why don’t you find out?

Cirucci: As if I would trust…

The box opened ever so slightly. A dark light seeped out, for a moment, and then it immediately closed.

Gantenbainne: What the hell…

Cirucci reached out one hand to open it, but Gantenbainne reached out a hand and grabbed her arm.

Gantenbainne: What are you thinking? Whatever is in that thing can’t be-!

She swept her arm sideways, launching him away and off Pandora a good ways. He stood quickly, lunging at her, but far too slowly. She had already opened the box to its full extent, black light pouring out onto the sand in all directions. A 3 mile wide dome of blackness that seemed to absorb light from its surroundings covered them.

Gantenbainne: What is this?

He quickly found Cirucci, who was on her knees in the desert.

Cirucci: I…I don’t know what came over me…it was just...

Gantenbainne: Where’s the box!?

Cirucci: She took it when I opened it, she was glowing white… What the hell is she?

A white light came into their range, a form bathed in shining chain armor with lanterns hanging from its hands. Cirucci backed away, looking massively uncertain. She seemed to become despondent in an instant, as though all of her earlier confidence had fled. Gantenbainne seemed to want to take a step back himself, but forced himself to hold his ground, lowing the plate over his eyes and pushing both hands toward the light, unleashing a wave of fiery energy in the shape of a dragon’s head at the oncoming shape. His attack seemed to give Cirucci assurance, and 10 black discs followed the attack towards the form of light. The white light winked out.

Cirucci: Did…did we get her?

In an instant, the white light was between them. White chains wrapped around them, and the lanterns exploded directly on their chests. They felt the energy drain out of them, and struggling against the chains in vain. She raised a hand to each side, a smile broad on her face.

Pandora: Eurus.

A tremendous stream of superheated vapor shot out of each hand. Neither of them even had time to scream as they melted into the sands beneath them. Pandora walked back, reaching down and pulling the lid closed on her box. As the light slid off her and the darkness disappeared, she stroked the wood of it, feeling the grain underneath her fingers while the sand around her slowly rose to fill the wounds she had created in her hands and the one behind her head. The earth wasn’t her ally; it was the clay by which she had been formed. A constant reminder of why the gods had placed her here.
So I realize I haven't made this readily clear to everyone, and as such I will make it clear now. If you're wondering what you should be doing right now, it's introducing any characters you feel require some background. All of you have posted characters with some amount of background already, but whether those characters require any sort of introduction (either like Demandred with an in-depth look at his background, or like Pandora with a more direct introduction to the character herself) is up to you. You certainly don't have to post anything for this if you feel that your character's already been properly introduced.

After we get past this part, we're going to start running through the posting order. We found previously that this allows for a lot more participation, as well as some lag time for people to come up with ideas. People can feel free to pass through their posts, they just have to make it clear by posting that they wont be able to do so. We also found that there were some problems with it, and have attempted to fix those. If someone does not post anything, they are given a 2 day waiting period before they are automatically passed by. As such, please check back if you are able to make certain that it's not your turn to post yet. If that happens more than once, they'll be passed by automatically until they say they're back. In terms of the posting order, we'll be keeping it as you see up at the top of this page unless anyone has a problem with it. Rantora, we'll put you back on that list as soon as possible.

If you guys have any questions about posting, I'd be happy to answer them, just email me or contact me if I'm online. You can always ask any of the "veterans" online here as well, since they know how we've done things as well. Also, if you have any ideas that you think could improve our current methods, we're always willing to try new things.
The Hunt Begins

Sand and blood filled the air and soon fell back down to the earth.

???: (sighs) They just keep coming…

The dark sky of Hueco Mundo was filled with thousands of hollow. Domes in the sand began to rise as hollow from the underground wanted a taste of this new power that entered their dismal land. Some of the hollow were human sized while others were like skyscrapers, but none of them were the ones they were looking for. But all the hollow suddenly stop as a group of powerful Vasto Lorde appeared, 5 in all. Erin, the hollow in the front was male and very slim with long shaggy hair that went just past his shoulders. A female arrancar, Larice, stood to his right with a scolding look on her face, she was bald. Two others that stood to the front arrancar’s left appeared to already be in their released forms as one is covered in fur and resembles a werewolf and the other was wielding a broad sword and had wings like an angel. And last but not least was a very large male hollow that stood directly behind all of them; he was built and easily towered over the rest of his follow arrancar. They all stared at the silhouettes of the intruders that disrupted their turf. There were four of them, but they could only make out one of them which was the one in the front that had the form of a woman.

Erin: (in a sinister tone) Well isn’t this interesting!? Four little soul reapers making their death wish! Any last thoughts you’d like to convey before we eat you.

The woman in the front folded her arms as she looked towards the 5 arrancar.

Woman: Shut-up! I have no interest in talking to you, but I do have a question for the big one.

The large arrancar in the back stepped in front of his follow hollow and begin to laugh at the woman.

Large Hollow: ME! You want to talk to me! Why would I talk to the likes of…

Before the hollow could even finish his sentence; a flash a white light filled the entire area around them forcing Erin and the others to block their eyes with their hands. Erin peeked through his fingers to see what was happening and he was stunned to see the figure of this woman in front of him. Erin leaped back and drew his blade as the light faded and to his horror he sees his friend D-Rok (the large hollow) lying on the ground split in two from the tip of his head to his groin.

The light fades completely and the woman’s full appearance is finally revealed to the hollow. She’s a slender women with an athletic build, she also has a fair complexion and long light brown hair which is pulled back in a ponytail; her eyes are covered by a pair of sunglasses that have different colored lens: the left lens is red while the right lens is blue. She is wearing a sleeveless white colored hoodie which has a small gold phoenix symbol (about two inches in size) right were the person’s heart would be; it also has checkered patterned stitching which creates squares that are two inches in area (the color of the stitching alternates between red and blue. She is wearing a pair of black gloves that both have colored stitching on the back of the glove: the left is red and reads Rising the right is blue and reads Suns. She also is wearing a pair of skin tight black pants and two white boots that have red and blue soles. There is a gold belt around her waist that has a loop on both sides; the left loop holds a long gold sheath and the right loop holds a portable transceiver. The woman’s katana is drenched in blood and she swings it down to fling the blood off of it.

Larice: (in shock) D-Rok!

Woman: D-Rok? I guess I should have known it wasn’t him since he was so easy to kill! (sighs) At this rate we’ll never find him.

Sweat pours down Erin’s face as he stares at this now intimidating woman. He slowly draws his blade as the fear for his life rises.

Erin: Who…who the hell are you!?

Woman: Oh I guess I didn’t introduce myself. Well since you asked I’ll tell you. My name is Yari Barachi, I’m the current leader of the Rising Suns and I’m looking for two arrancar. I thought that big one was the male arrancar I was looking for but clearly I was wrong and for that I apologize to you for the death of your companion. Now if you would excuse us.

Yari quietly walks past Erin and the other three silhouettes in the distance begin to walk towards them as they follow Yari, but Erin’s face fills with rage as he lifts his sword ready to strike.

Erin: If I could kill someone like you, then he will finally realize the true power I bring to the table!

Yari stands completely still as Erin’s sword inches closer and closer. Erin grins from ear to ear as he watched the blood spray into the air around him but his smile soon changed to confusion as Yari appeared unharmed. To his chagrin Erin realized that the blood did not come from Yari but instead came from his arm which had fell off his shoulder and hit the ground beside him. Erin was dumbfounded. Yari didn’t move. How could he have lost an arm and what was it that hit him? Erin noticed that Yari was pointing to the ground and Erin was shocked to see a deep yet thin trench in the sand that appeared to stretch for miles across the sands of Hueco Mundo. Erin and Larice both looked over towards Yari’s three friends and noticed that a man has his sword drawn. The sword was completely black except for the grain line which was shining blue as if to be an ocean wave. The man has an olive complexion and short dark brown hair. He is wearing a blue long sleeve thermal shirt and has white colored padded vest over it that has a gold phoenix symbol on it where a person’s heart would be. He also has a pair of loose black pants on and dark blue running shoes with white laces. The man speaks now that he has Erin’s attention.

Kenshin: No one touches the queen when I’m around!

Erin: (fear continuing to rise) Argh! Grider, Solo! Kill them!

The werewolf and angelic like arrancar both charge at Kenshin but the other two step forward in preparation to strike. Raika, a young man that appeared to be 19 years of age, has a dark complexion and a black mini afro that is pushed down in the middle of his head due to a large pair of gold headphones that are attached by the cable to a small gold mp3 player attached to his black belt. Raika is rather muscular and is wearing a long sleeve jacket that is white in color. The jacket has black stitching in the shape of lightning bolts and a gold phoenix symbol where the person’s heart should be. He wears the jacket opened up and doesn’t wear a shirt under it. He also has a pair of loose black pants and golden shoes on; his sword is strapped to his back.

Both Grider and Solo inch closer and closer as they have now leaped towards Raika and the others, but Rika grabs the sheath of his blade and pulls it around to his front.

Raika: Darken The Sky, Raikou Higi!

The sheath turns into a black snare drum that has a gold colored batter head attached to a black strap that goes around the wielder's back. The batter head has a black Tomoe symbol on it. The katana separates into two black drum sticks that are made of a dense metal and sparks surround the drum sticks as strong surges of electricity move through them.

Raika starts to furiously beat on his snare drum with the sticks and dark clouds quickly form. Solo and Grider continue their rush towards them but Raika’s sticks are now glowing neon blue and Raika points one stick at Solo and the other at Grider who are just a few feet away; but two large bolts of lightning rain down on them both causing severe burns and temporarily paralyzing them both.

Mirajane: Hado – 54: Haien

The last of the three finally makes her move as two bright purple orbs fire from her hands and make contact with both Grider and Solo completely incinerating their bodies.

Mirajane appears to be 17 years of age and has a fair complexion. Her hair is dark pink in color with purple highlights; she also wears a purple painter’s hat that has a black phoenix symbol in the forehead of the cap. She has a tight white shirt on that has a black phoenix symbol where her heart is; there are a few different colored blotches of paint that stain her shirt as if she wasn’t careful when painting. She also wears a thin cotton scarf that is purple in color around her shoulders. She has a pair of regular jean pants on that have a pair of pink suspenders attached to them but Mirajane leaves the straps hanging below her waist. She wears regular white jogging shoes with multi-colored laces.

Larice: Dammit!

Larice draws her blade and goes for Yari but Mirajane suddenly appears between the two of them and pulls a paint brush out from under her hat.

Mirajane: Mark Them, Inkan Metsubou!

Mirajane’s paint brush transforms into a foot long broad bladed bowie knife. The blade is 8 inches long and the handle is 4 inches making the entire weapon a foot long. There are 5 small gems embedded in the blade going up it from the handle to the tip of the blade, each a different color. The colors align in this order from handle to tip: brown, red, yellow, sky blue and light gray. The handle of the blade is clear and it has black ink sitting inside it. The butt of the handle is a stamper which the ink from the handle flows into.

Mirajane: PAIN!

Mirajane quickly stamps Larice’s wrists and thighs causing a severe and crippling pain to form in those spots of Larice’s body. Larice screams in anguish as she falls to her knees in agony, but her pain is short lived as Mirajane stabs her in the back of her neck separating her spinal cord from her brain killing her instantly. Erin looked in horror as all of his comrades had been easily defeated.

Erin: You guys are monsters!

Yari: (angered by his words) Monsters!? We came here to silently look for two arrancar, but no. Instead we get interrupted by a puny arrancar and his weak friends who thought they could come and bully us around! Don’t call us names just because you couldn’t finish what you started.

Erin: …

Yari: You think we enjoy killing? Well we don’t! You guys had to be idiots and forced us to resort to that level of violence. I should let you live but you’ll probably pick the path of vengeance like most people do and unfortunately I’ve seen what can happen when someone seeks vengeance so I have no choice but to end this here.

Erin: FUCK YOU!

Erin swung his blade for Yari’s neck but Erin’s blade stops as Yari simply lifts her finger to block his blade.

Erin: Impossible!

Yari grabs his blade with her hand and a flash of white light shoots across Erin’s neck followed by a deadly silence which is soon followed by the sound of Erin’s head hitting the sand. Yari lets go of his blade which begins to crumble away as his lifeless body falls to the ground as well. Yari wipes her blade off with a rag and sheathes her sword.

Yari: What a waste. They could of done so much good for their kind. Instead they choose to quarrel over turf. It’s sad.

Kenshin: I’m inclined to agree with you but you know these hollow are all about themselves.

Yari: That may be true but it only takes one person to change the thoughts and ways of a multitude.

Kenshin: True, but I can’t see a hollow actually doing something like that.

Yari: Heh, it is quite a stretch but not impossible.

Mirajane: AAAARGH! Can we please leave this dismal place? There is absolutely no inspiration at all here.

Kenshin: Inspiration!? We are here on a direct order from Queen Yari herself.

Yari: (smiling) Okay… you really don’t need to call me queen, Kenny.

Kenshin: If that is your order then I won’t.

Yari: It wasn’t an order Kenny… just loosen up a bit; we’re all friends here so we can just call each other by our first names.

Raika: Yeah man you need to loosen up. You want to hear some tunes? They always loosen me up.

Mirajane: Hey can I listen to it? I need something to take my mind off this dull place.

Yari: Fine fine fine! Since you guys want to go we can postpone the search until tomorrow.

Mirajane: (jumping around) Yeah I’m so out of here!

Raika: I’m actually a little happy myself.

Kenshin: You two need to learn how to just follow orders.

Mirajane: Oh shut-up Kenshin!

Kenshin: Don’t get mad at me when you should be mad at yourself.

Mirajane: (sticking her fingers in her ears) Blah blah blah blah blah!

Yari: I wish you guys would shut-up. (opens the gargunta)

Mirajane: He started it!

Kenshin: As you wish mam.

Raika: Damn she has you whipped brah!

They all enter the gargunta but Yari stops for a moment and looks back in Hueco Mundo.

Yari: I might have missed you two today but I’ll find you two one day and when I do I’ll have no mercy whatsoever on for you guys!

-Near Las Noches-

Alpha: This is the place right?

Omega: Yeah, he should be in there.

Alpha: Time to start balancing the world. Starting with him!

THE END

Alpha and Omega appear in front of Las Noches and Yari is on their tail. A fight is coming!
-Soul Society-

Satoshi is making one of his regular walks around the academy. Always popping into random classrooms and telling the students stories about the good ole days of Isao before the wars. Usually a student or two would try asking about the times of fighting and the tourney but Satoshi would just awkwardly stumble around it. Hes gotten over the loss of his father and the horror of those times but it was still something he didn't want to talk about. After the tournament Satoshi felt a great deal of guilt for how much he had injured Renee and constantly apologizes when ever their conversations drift into stories of the past. Renee is always quick to scold him for apologizing for something he doesn't need to.

These walks through the academy were originally meant to help Satoshi comb over the new students and upcoming graduates to determine on a more personal level what every bodies strengths or weaknesses were and were to best place them in the soul society when they graduate. But after several years it drifted to more of a way to get him self out of his office and away from the constant flow of paper work he was always faced with. When ever someone of specific talents were show up Satoshi always heard about it from Rozu who was serving as his lieutenant and principle of the academy. This arrangement helped Satoshi facilitate his plan to make sure every new shinigami would be ready for any possible war or attack in the future.

Through the years Rozu and Satoshi's relationship started to pursue a more romantic path also. Many times when they believe they are alone they can be saw holding hands or kissing as they go separate paths. Such occasions serve to get the two asked when the wedding will be from the captains which is answered with a blush and quick change of topics.

Satoshi had just finished telling a story to the youngest class in the academy and left strolling his way down the hall. He knew he needed to turn around and go back to his office but he just couldn't help but feel he needed to take the longer route. Just then he heard then thuds of foot steps rapidly approaching from a distant hall behind him.

Rozu:(Shouting in distance) Ill break his legs and chain him to the desk if I need to.

Satoshi: (To self) Crap...what way what way what way. Ah there (Satoshi sees a door partly open and jumps in)

Teacher: Oh Commander Satoshi. A pleasure seeing you again.

Satoshi: Right Right I decided I am going to inspect....uhhh this rooms closet don't mind me just continue your class. (Satoshi dashes to the back of the room and jumps in the closet)

Rozu: (Kicking open the door) Where is he?1?!?! (Looking all over the room)

The teacher points down scratching the back of her head and points to the closet that is not quite closed all the way.

Rozu: Get out here (Rozu stomps back to the closet rips the door open and drags Satoshi out by his ear.)

Satoshi: Ow ow ow ow ow..Come on I like that ear attached to my head. Is this any way to treat your Captain commander???

Rozu: Yes yes it is. Now back to the office with you.

Satoshi: (Glancing at the snickering class as he gently pulls Rozu's hand off his ear) Let this be a demonstration of what will happen if you shirk your duties in the future. (Satoshi walks upright with a confident stride too the door)

Rozu: Don't try to pretend you were teaching them a lesson in responsibility now get to your office. You know how many things need your approval...DO YOU!!!(Rozu kicks Satoshi in the butt as he steps out the door then turns around and bows to the teacher) I am sorry to have interrupted your class.

Teacher: It is quite alright Principal Rozu no need to worry.

Satoshi and Rozu walk on a path between the school and the squad 1 Barracks which is lined with cherry blossom trees in bloom. Pink flower petals falling all around them as Satoshi holds Rozu's hand with her head on his shoulder. As they are walking a smoking body comes flying down from the sky landing in front of the two. The man stood up quickly looking around and catching eyes with Satoshi.

Satoshi: IT cant be...

-A little bit ago in a squad 12 lab-

Tubes of every sized and shape are filled with chemicals of several colors. Some occasionally bubbling others fizzing others glowing. In the middle of the room is a large calendar filled with a occasionally bubbling reddish clear liquid. Floating in it is a man with long white hair strung out in every direction waving around as the man bobs in the water. The man is tall and slender with a apparatus around his nose and mouth with many tubes connected. At various locations on his body cords are stuck to round sticker like things. All the cords are coming out of the bottom of the tube. On the side is a monitor recording all vitals of the man.

The monitor quickly flashes the words Stage 4 in red letters as lights flash from the bottom of the tube and a vacuum turns on sucking the liquid out of the tube. Slowly the mans feet make contact with the floor of the tube and the rest of his body follow leaving him in a fetal position on the floor. Several minutes pass as he lays there motionless with little change on his vitals monitor.

The monitor flashes Stage 5 as a clear liquid flows up a tube into the apparatus around the mans mouth. Suddenly he jolts and falls backward smacking his head on tube. As he reaches back to rub the throbbing part of his sore head his arm gets tangled with the cords and tubes attached to him. Furiously he starts ripping the monitors off of his body getting rid of each and every one. Finally he wedges his fingers under the apparatus around his mouth and pulls. Slowly it comes out as he feels a long tube down his throat slide out. A few feet of tube come out of his mouth making the man feel queezy when he sees what just came out of his body feeling every inch of it.

After a few minutes of staring at the things he just removed from his body the man stands up and looks around. The tube has no obvious way of opening.

Man: (Pounding on the glass) Hey...HEYYY...HEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!! IS ANY BODY OUT THERE????? ANYBODY AT ALLLL!!!!

Several monitors flash a white line across the middle of the screen which opens up to show a video of Kichigai starts playing.

Video: You may be wondering whats going on or at the very lease how to get out of that tube you are stuck in. Your last memories should be of a fight between you and a powerful arrancar known as Rey. During that battle you died. You failed to kill the arrancar but you did maim him significantly. This intrigued me since my data on the race known as Quincy is incomplete. I took your body dissected you to increase my knowledge. After i got all the data i could from a dead specimen i decided a living one was needed. You had a sister but i couldn't find her so the next option was obvious. I had data of your spirit pressure and your DNA so I cloned you. during the cloning process which takes several weeks to complete other experiments came to my attention and i decided to focus on them. It wasn't for years that i remembered that this experiment existed. The cloning was completely successful. I had concluded that you used two Sanrei gloves when you fought Rey and feared that cloning you from DNA that was retrieved after the use would leave you without your Quincy abilities but all tests seem to show your Quincy abilities are intact. When searching for your sister I found some Quincy equipment in your house that i also took for data collection. At this point i have gathered all data i need. This brings me back to the initial point of you wondering how to get out of that tube. The simple answer is you wont. Good by last of the Quincy Joshua Ishida,

Female Robotic Voice: Commence Termination of experiment 114E2X

Josh: Oh hell no.

Josh quickly charges forward with his shoulder as hard as he could smashing into the glass and bouncing off landing on his butt. The roof of the chamber opens up to show 4 openings to different tubes.

Female robotic voice: Termination will commence in T minus 30 seconds

Josh quickly looks down at the apparatus that was in his mouth and picks it up by the cords it was attached to and begins to spin it as fast as he could. Slamming it in to the Glass with a heave and putting a huge gouge in the tube. Once more Josh leaves another gash over the same spot. Glancing up Josh sees a green gas flowing into the chamber. Josh crouches down and takes a deep breath then jumps up as hard as he could at the gouges he made on the tube. The glass shatters as he tumbles on the ground with several cuts on his shoulder and back.

Josh: Cocky idiot should have just killed me without waking me up.

Looking around Josh sees a table with several Quincy items laying across tables and a set of clothes looking to be the same as what he wore when he fought Rey hanging up with black boards and notes next to it.

Looking at the data Josh can't help but laugh. The idiot shinigami got most of the function of the 2 Quincy Crosses that become bows. Sanrei gloves, Seele Schneiders, and Silver tubes right but he actually believed that the clothing made a difference. The most absurd part was saying that his sunglasses he always wore were the reason for his accuracy. That they some how had a targeting system in them that only a Quincy could use. This all almost gave him a chuckle until he saw a picture of Jade among the notes.

Josh: I hope I'm not too late....shit he said it took several weeks just to clone...and he got distracted...How long has it been??? I don't have time to waste here.

Josh quickly gets dressed in the clothes the shinigami conveniently brought from his home here. He even had all the gear that Josh liked to carry on him including his spare gloves. Josh never thought he would need these because the others couldn't be removed and if they were he would probably be dead or lose his Quincy powers but he was happy he had them now. He picked up a couple of his Quincy crosses that he turned into ear rings and put them in his pocket. He will have to get his ears pierced again before he can put those on. Just as he is leaving the room he paused and looked back. Activating one of his gloves he fired several arrows around the room shattering many shelves and vies.

Josh turned and ran up the stairs as the chemicals had a violent reaction behind him and exploded. Sending a huge shock wave colliding with Josh's back shooting him out of the stairway through the door at its top and into a cherry blossom path. The surface is left untouched by the detonation of the room aside from a broken tile that served as the door to the stairway down to it.

Josh stands up as smoke falls off his body and looks over to see a face he feels he saw some where before but isn't sure where.

Satoshi: It cant be...Josh...I thought you died about a hundred years ago when you were with Crow and his friends in Hueco Mundo.

Josh: (Stunned by the mentioned of 100 years passing meaning Jade would have to be dead) I..Did....(Josh vanishes)

End
surprise
Josh is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­

I really missed josh (T_T)
lol yeah when we decided wed do a 100 year skip i planned on killing him and doing this to keep him in story
Introducing my Character Siegfried he is vice captain of Squad 12

250 Years ago

Siegfried was a low rank shinigami in squad 12 working on research assignments he was really lazy and took his sweet time working on projects assigned to him.

Siegfried- this crap is boring why do i always have to sit in this stupid room and look at crap in tubes all day I wish I could of been assigned to a different squad research my a....

right before he could finish his sentence the liquids in his experiment accidentally combined and exploded sending liquid into his eyes and sending him back slamming him into a wall knocking him out instantly.

Siegfried wakes up in the medical barracks.

Siegfried- Where am I? why can't I? see what's going on?

He reaches for his face but someone grabs his hands

???- don't remove the bandages around your eyes. You've had an accident and your eyes have been damaged among a few other things

That night Siegfried is laying in his bed speaking softly to himself- Why did this have to happen to me, I didn't even want to do the stupid experiment.

???- because your a lazy good for nothing that's why.
Siegfried- who is that? tell me your name!
???- that is of no importance right now, but let me tell you one thing next time you screw up, next time you get lazy, next time you don't succeed in something I'll kill you

Siegfried feels a very cold chill everywhere on his body followed by and extreme burning for a few seconds, he knew what the voice said was true then he passed out.

Years go by and Siegfried is allowed to remove the bandages from around his eyes but he couldn't see right everything was weird he could see everything fine but there was a red glow around the silhouette of people. When he was allowed to go back to Squad 12's barracks he immediately got back to work never failing never being lazy always staying busy. He developed the same attitude as the voice he heard that night hating failure and laziness and climbing the ranks till he reached Vice Captain.

(100 years ago)

Walking in squad 12's barracks after watching the tournament and pleased by the outcome Siegfried Vice Captain of squad 12 is walking back to his quarters going over research notes. Siegfried gets to his room, which really dosnt look like a room there is alot of flasks, tubes, glass pipes running around everywhere, and work benches all over the place. Except a mat in the corner of the room were he sleeps. He goes over to a bench and places the papers down neatly and begins to look around at the multiple experiments going on in his room. He walks to a table near his mat.

Siegfried- well this one is finished finally, now just to make it into pill form and all will be fine might as well begin making them.

Siegfried sits down at a bench and begins assembling things into a large marble shaped device big enough to hold 5 in each hand. He finishes them after a few hours and sticks them into a pouch in his sleeves. He stands up and pushes his seat back and the bench and walks out of his room and closes the door behind him.

Siegfried- well enough of that for today I want to go for a walk.
The first of two posts introducing my characters. Enjoy. Also, when you get to the emotional part, it really adds to the effect if you put on morning remembrance while you read. I know, it's corny, but it really does. I tried my best to make it interesting.

Tekin rubbed his temples as he sat still on his wooden stool, writing his novel. Frankly, he was surprised that his writing could stay that neat despite his painful hand cramp. Finally, it became too much to bear and he pulled back, laying down his pen and heading over to his bed. He layed back over his blankets, looking up to the ceiling. The memories of the day he was orphaned never troubled him too much, and in his perspective it was great material for his book. He closed his eyes, wishing he could have truly met his parents, or what they would have thought of him now.

-One hundred and thirty years ago-

Tekin dove eagerly into his rice, not daring to lose a single grain as he devoured the food with a seemingly insatiable hunger. His father laughed, smiling brightly at his son. A grain of rice slipped from the chopsticks in Tekin's hands, falling helplessly toward the ground. Suddenly, and in one fluid motion, Tekin's eating utensils flew downward, catching the stray rice and returning it to their master's hungry mouth.

Rosuko: Nice catch, son! You know, I think you'd make a great addition to seretei.

Tekin: You really think so?!

Rosuko's smile got even wider as he looked into his son's eyes. His eyes.

Rosuko: Indeed I do. Say, how about you go find a good stick, and we'll have a spar?

Tekin nearly lept out of his seat as he ran quickly toward the door.

Tekin: You bet, dad! I'll find you one, too! You won't be able to beat me bare handed this time!

Rosuko: No, I suppose I won't!

Tekin was gone out the door before Rosuko could finish his sentence. He leaned back in his chair, proud of the life he had established. He had a house just on the outside of the forest. His younger days as a shinigami were long gone, but he was more than willing to make another contribution to Seretei. His peaceful daydreaming was suddenly interupted by a voice behind him.

Adria: You know, I think he's got what it takes to be a shinigami.

Rosuko: I do, too. Yesterday, he nearly hit me. There's something special about that boy, besides the fact that he fights with two sticks like a natural.

Adria: I agree. Fine swordsmanship is a gift, and he's got it.

Rosuko: Yeah. You know, I-

Rosuko was cut off by a peculiar feeling in his gut. Something terrible was about to happen.

Tekin waded through the brush, three sticks bundled in his arms. He was the only boy his age to be allowed into the forest on his own, and he felt special because of it. He would get his dad this time, he thought. The light that marked the edge of the forest was now in sight. As he made his way through the last of the prickly bushes, he noticed something that put his stomach in a knot.

Rosuko ran toward Tekin. He knew that even with his speed he wouldn't make it in time.

Rosuko: TEKIN! DIVE!

Tekin was bewildered by the fear and anger in his father's voice, but followed the orders obediently, diving forward just in time to avoid an arc of crimson energy.

Rosuko: A cero... That's a menos...

Tekin rolled to his feet, but felt a powerful impact slam into the middle of his back. He rolled, looking up at the hideous, masked face of his attacker. The Vasto Lorde looked back down into his eyes, showing nothing but an insatiable thirst for blood. Where it's hands should be, there were two long, red-stained claymore blades. They began glowing red as he looked at, no, into Tekin. Suddenly, a highly concentrated blast of water smashed into the hollow's head, sending it flying several yards.

Rosuko: Tekin! Get inside!

Tekin: Dad! I don't under-

Rosuko: Just do it! Keep your siblings safe!

Tekin wasted no time hurrying into the safety of his house, looking back to see his father facing the monster man.

Rosuko pointed his blade at the hollow, his eyes slanted angrily.

Rosuko: Bankai...

His blade exploded in a storm of water. When the water cleared, there was a sleeve of the liquid up his arm.

Rosuko: Idaina Kasukedo, Kyuryu Rashingu...

Releasing his Bankai put a great strain on his body. Suddenly, it hit him. He wouldn't be able to win. He was too old and frail to defeat such a powerful opponent, but he would go out with a bang.

He flash stepped in front of the Vasto Lorde, jabbing his blade at the face of the evil being. It back flipped away from the attack, but was struck in the chest by a highly concentrated water blast. It went flying again, but recovered in much better style than before. It began spinning on it's right toe as it's claymores turned bright red. Almost immediately, it became invisible in a heavy cloud of dust. Then the attack Rosuko had anticipated came. The middle of the dust cyclone was the epicenter of a sudden spiral of cero. Rosuko put all his energy into defence, summoning up several Danku to assist him in the blocking of this attack.

The hollow suddenly appeared in front of the barriers, lunging forward to shatter them before stepping toward Rosuko. It slashed downward with one of it's blades, and Rosuko sidestepped, quickly attacking with his own water blade. The Menos disappeared as Rosuko's blade swung through the air, and quickly reappeared several yards away.

Rosuko: Sonido...

Rosuko thought he could hear the monster laughing as it pointed both of it's blades at him. They began to glow red again before firing out two powerful cero. Rosuko didn't have enough time to deflect them, and was hit with the powerful impact.

He landed hard on the ground. Staggering to his feet, he felt a sharp pain scream in his stomach. Looking down, he saw a grey blade impaling him through the abdomen. The Vasto Lorde lifted it's prey high into the air. Rosuko looked down into it's eyes as it raised it's second blade and, without another thought, let the Shinigami's head roll right off his shoulders.

The hollow threw the body aside as he approached the country house. With a wide swing of his left blade, it let lose a cero that wiped the entirety of the house from existance. The monster chuckled to itself, seeing a small trap door locked tight. It smashed the wooden panel open, and had to act quickly to avoid another blade swiping up at it's face.

Adria: You get back! MONSTER!

Adria, holding her own blade, prepared to utter Bankai, but was too late. Already the hollow's blade was strung through her throat. Blood pooled on the ground as the body of a small boy fell next. Tekin watched with horror as Nejera, his sister, lept up out of the trap door next, attempting to vainly run from her doom. He blacked out within his hiding spot.

-Back to present-

Tekin sighed. He recalled every bit of that fateful day. He jumped as a loud knock woke him from his trance. He walked slowly and opened the door, making himself face to face with a young lady of squad seven.

Woman: A hollow's been sighted in the real world. You've been asked to deal with it.

Tekin: Right... I'll be right on it...

The door slammed shut and he sighed to himself. Damnit, he thought. He made himself look like a total fool, stammering like that. But, he kept reminding himself that he had matured considerably in the past years. Putting on his necklace, he headed out the door.
Alright i got another introduction. I intended to have a few more characters ready for this but i want to get the introduction for this group out there and i think i can manage it with what i have.

-In the real world-

In the middle of a dark forest. One of the few left in the real world as the population keep growing and expanding. This particular forest only exists because of Leon's resources to protect every thing within 20 miles of his cathedral. The trees are so densely packed that even on the bright days no light makes it through the canopy. Everywhere for a mile around the cathedral is clear and flat grasslands. The cathedral is 4 tall ivory towers connected by walls. These towers and walls wrap around a taller tower in the middle. between the walls and the mid tower are several stone buildings connected by open pathways. This area is the one place still devoid of electricity. Leon saw it as an abomination and decided to rid it from the land. If he had his way no technology would be around to help sink the world farther into the darkness its in but even he knows that he doesn't have the resources to take on the world. Not yet at least. This gigantic building is called a cathedral but it is better know to outsiders as a city. The city of the Church.

Within the walls countless people live and warship and fallow the word handed down to them by either the Bishops or The Pope. The Bishops are the four "Generals" of The Church. They report to only the Pope who being at the top is obviously the leader of the church.

The pope goes by the name of Leon. Nobody knows his last name and nobody has ever felt the need to ask it. Little is known about Leon. All the intelligent in the soul society says that he is silver tongued and in a short period of time has massed an intimidating number of followers.

-Just out side one of the towers-

A lone grave sits with a large white tome stone saying "Here rests Joshua Ishida Beloved Brother"

Jade is on her knees with her hands in her lap and eyes closed with her head bowed. Several minutes pass as a tall man with blonde hair stands against a tree a bit behind her.

Jade: Amen

Jade stands up and dusts off her pants and turns to walk across the grass to the cobble stone walk way passing the tree the man leans on.

Jade: How long have you been waiting there John.

John: *Cough* ...Not...long..

John reaches into his shirt and pulls out a small piece of paper handed it over to Jade. Taking the paper Jade reads over it. Just as she finishes she looks up to a clock tower near by and screams.

Jade: What were you thinking just sitting there like a bump on a log. This says Lord Leon wishes to have a meeting with all the Bishops at 3 pm and it is now 3:15. WERE LATE. You could have spoke up. Even at your speed of talking we could have made it there on time. I know I was visiting my brothers grave but still some things are more important. I don't even know why Lord Leon thinks enough of you to make you a Bishop. Your slow, never talk, barley can cough out a sentence when you do and...are you crying, why are you crying, STOP CRYING. Just lets go.

John stays behind as Jade storms off to the middle tower. Tears still rolling down his face.

John: (To self) It should have been me.

John shambles his way behind Jade

-In Middle Tower-

A large room sits in almost complete darkness. The only light coming from small chandeliers hanging with dim candles and a few painted glass windows which produced little light due to clouds blocking the sun. Demandred is sitting in a wooden chair with an overly tall back at in the middle of the room facing a larger throne. To his left there is one chair and right are two empty chairs the same as his. Each chair is 5 feet from the one next to it and 10 feet from the throne. The door in the back of the room swings open as Jade comes charging in. Her foot steps echoing through the empty room. She slides to a stop next to the chair to Demandred's right. Quickly dusting off her cloths and straightening the wrinkles in it Jade takes a seat. Refusing to put her back on the back rest of the chair to keep her self looking at full attention.

Jade: (Bowing her head) I am so sorry Lord Leon, I came as soon as Johnathon informed me of the meeting.

Demandred: Who are you talking to?

Jade's face turns red as she sees the throne empty.

Jade: Is the meeting over already?

Demandred: Would I be here if it was over?

Jade: You don't have to be an a..

Leon: We don't use terms like that in this city. Shame on you Jade

Jade: (again her face turning read with embarrassment) I'm so sorry Lord Leon please forgive my fallacy.

Leon: You are forgiven my daughter. We are only human after all, but please do your best to control your tongue next time.

Jade: I'm sorry for my tardiness Lord. Johnathon didn't inform me of the meeting until just a moment ago.

Leon: Worry not young one. I accounted for your arrival late arrival when I sent Johnathon with the message. Hence the reason I only now arrived.

At that time the door creaked slowly open and the sound of feet slapping the floor slowly can be heard. Without even a hint of hurry John walks up to his chair and plops in it almost looking like a corps thrown in the chair. Jade looks around the room.

Jade: (Looking to her left) Where is Alexander?

Alexander: Right here silly goose.

Looking back Jade sees Alex sitting in his chair as he fiddles with a hand held puzzle.

Jade: Well put that away we got a meeting to get on with.

Alexander: Like you got room to talk on getting this meeting underway on time. (Alex ends his sentence with a little bit of a chuckle, one that has always annoyed Jade. He could never seem to be serous)

Leon: Ah we have all arrived. I will now get to the point of this brief meeting. Essentially the world has become too possessed with darkness. We must exercise the world.

Demandred: And how will we do that?

Leon: We will offer redemption to those who seek it and purge all others and send them to the fires of Hell.

Alex: Sounds fun. Where will we start? Hueco Mundo or the Soul society?

Leon: Neither...we will purge this world first.

Jade: If it is your wish it shall be done.

Demandred: Even you must realize, We cannot take on the entire human world. Sure most of them are insects but there are some strong spiritual pressures out there.

Jade: HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIS WORD!!!!

Leon: He is right. We are not taking on the entire world. Just a few key parts.

Alex: Key parts? since when has there been any form of stronghold for anybody in the human world other than us? oh and those stupid merc groups

Leon: There isn't.

Demandred: You are not making any sense.

Leon: I don't expect you to understand my plan before I have stated it. Now is everyone done guessing at what I'm thinking before i have a moment to speak?

Jade: Yes Sir. Do continue.

Leon: We have sent several missionaries out to the neighboring cities over the last few decades their objective has been completed when brother Lucas came back with the last group of converts. So we have only one option. We will purge the cities of the wickedness.

Demandred: I feel its too soon. Some souls may yet be able to be saved. They are humans the first glace isn't always enough to convince them to see the light. Maybe if one of us Bishops go we can convert them all.

Leon: That is right. We can possibly convert them all if we focus all resources on them but you are looking at a tree where I am looking at a forest. The wickedness travels faster than the light. That is its only defense to the true might of our righteousness. As you stated before Demandred we do not have the power to take on any one of our enemies in full force. The Hueco Mundo and the Soul Society both have many more soldiers with more power and advance training than we do. And the human world has numbers.

Alex: Numbers doesn't really mean a lot.

Leon: Given enough numbers ants can block out the sun. If we were to attack the human world it would only serve to cause our own end. And that is just what the Devil wants.

Demandred: Yet you want to purge the city. How is this not attacking the Human world?

Leon: We wont be stupid enough to attach our faces to the attack. We will come swiftly in the night and eradicate the darkness. The sudden loss of life in the area will create many souls that are unwilling to move on. These will attract Hallow which we will slay as they arrive. Also the sudden disappearance of so many people will peak the curiosity of the Soul society, Their souls are not necessarily forfeit. Before they are cast in to the fiery pits we will extend the hand of fellowship to them. But if its rejected then they are not allowed to escape.

Alex: Dibs!!!!

Demandred: What did you just say?

Alex: I called dibs. I get to go destroy the city and fight what ever it'll attract. Sounds fun.

Jade: How do you know that Lord Leon's wisdom didn't already pick out who would go on this mission.

Ales: He wouldn't have called all of us if he did.

Leon: Right you are Alex. I was about to offer the job to who ever wanted it but it seems i was beaten to the point. Go and purge the city immediately. You are all dismissed. I am going to retire to my study.

All 4: Yes sir.

Alex: Yes. Finally something fun to do. If you guys want we can play together.

Jade: That mission you have isn't a game.

Alex: Sure it is, You just don't know what fun is.

Demandred: Good bye.

Alex: Yep See ya all around.

Jade: (To her self) Damn that Alex for taking my chance to prove my self to Lord Leon!!!

Somewhere through the talking John got up and shambled his way out of the room. Demandred headed off to his tower and Jade fumed as she walked back to Josh's grave. Alex rushed to his room and grabbed a few different puzzles and a jacket.

-That night outside the near by city-

Alex: (Letting out a child like giggle) This is going to be fun.

End

There is the Church. If anybody looks on character forum i have put up the characters in this post. for Leon and John there is no blade with them cus i haven't made it yet. As soon as i get it flushed out ill put it up and until then i wont use them in battle. If some how you wish to use them in battle let me know and ill see what i can do. Though it shouldn't bee too long before their blades are made.