Bleach Anime Bleach: The Fallout

jstar18 posted on Jun 25, 2010 at 11:44PM
If you are interested in joining this forum, then this is the best time todo that as we are "starting over" with a time skip!

This is the forum for the rp that was started by LOBOS, myself, and a few others. Please follow the posting rules.

Rules:
1) This forum is only for rp post. Do not post random questions about joining, I will explain that process later.

2) Do not post characters or blade ideas in this forum.

3) If you want to join, please post your character in the forum called Make a Zanpaktou. Then put a small post up here saying that you would like to join and that your character is on whatever page in the Make a Zanpaktou forum. (Example: Hi, I would like to join your rp, my character is on page 94 on Make a Zanpaktou.)

Here is the current order to post:
Myself
Whiteflame
Hadez
Onix
Wolfmaster
Rantora
Shukun_kizuku
Zordaik
Gracen_silence
S3raphymn

Might come back later:
LOBOs
BrokenSun
Testu

This is a quick summary of what has happened before we moved to this forum:

Seems as though soul society has become far more embattled. Though the arrancar have chosen to stay out of the limelight much of the time, hollows are being sent out at a gradually increasing rate, and the captains are taking notice. Moreover, there's been some movement by other forces. Scouts have reported visuals of an army of ex-soul reapers that is disrupting much of the control of soul society over various sectors of the human world. Though they attack the hollows as well, this does not bode well for soul society. In response, soul society has decided to search for outside help in dealing with the surge of problems, and has become far more liberal about sending its captains out to deal with problems.

- Crow meets with Isao to talk about how a certain arrancar, Rey, wanting him and his crew Ace of X to attack a couple of supply shipments in Soul Society, which he did. But Crow says that later Rey returned and asked him to do something that he couldn't do. With Rey not appreciating the refusal, he destroyed Crows base. Crow gives Isao a card and Isao threatens Crow as he leaves.

- As Crow leaves, he notices a strong energy heading towards Squad 1's barracks. Isao thinks about all the crazy things that have happened and remembers his former student Miroku and the hard times he went through ten years ago. Miroku appears in his window and asks what Crow was discussing with him. Isao explains and ask if Miroku will help. Miroku says that this is a serious problem and offers help but Isao doesn't expect much.

- Isao calls for a captains meeting and explains what happened with Crow and Miroku. The captains all seem concerned with what has transpired and Isao says he may know where Crow is at. Zane (captain of Squad 2) and Jin (captain of Squad 11) agree to go find him. In a forest away from soul society, three outsiders; Titus, Chiyo and Hideaki look for Miroku.

- Lieutinant Dawn informs her Captain, Amiro, about what has happen in Soul Society.

- In the real world, a quincy named Joshua kills a soul reaper. In Hueco Mundo, Rey is furious about Crow not doing what he said. Huabu trys to talk to Rey but is quickly sent on a mission to the real world. Reaper appears but Rey does not want to alk to him.

- Captain of Squad 8, Ryuu finally gets back from his mission. His Lieutinant Kimi finds him and talks about what has happened with Crow and Miroku. They later get some ice cream.

- Jin and Zane are about to go to the real world to find Crow. Jin tells Zane about how he plans to change the old image of Squad 11 that Kenpachi had created.

- Crow finally gets back to his hideout in the real world which is an arcade. We are introduced to a few members; Toni, Leigh-Ann, Leo, Roy and Saito. After some conversation, Crow reveals that some soul reapers are outside. Zane and Jin meet Crow.

- Coran, a member of the Rising Suns, is in the shadows watching the meeting between Soul Society and Ace of X. Miroku arrives at his hideout and is greeted by Asoka. After some conversation, Miroku finds Hideaki and his friends and asks what they want.

- Hideaki explains to Miroku that him and his two friends will join his cause as long as he agrees to help them on a very important mission in Hueco Mundo. In Soul Society, Isao finally gets sleep but he is having bad dreams about his past. In the real world, Haubu is searching for Joshua.

- Amiro goes into Squad 1's barracks and tells him that he knows what happened with Crow because he was sneaking around, he asks if Isao will take him the next time he meets Crow. Isao says okay.

- In the real world, Joshua and Haubu meet and start fighting. In Soul Society, a soul reaper named Akihiko demands that he be given a captain seat. Satoshi trys to get him to calm down and does. Akihiko leaves and Isao realizes that he has a point as they are in need of captains.

- Reaper, an arrancar, is bored and goes to the real world looking for a fight. Captain Yokoshimo is in the real world fighting hollows and meets Reaper, they prepare for battle.

- Captain Ryuu and Kimi head to the real world to deal with some arrancar, he receives a picture of the arrancar and notices something wierd about one of them.

- Crow is not happy about how Soul Society found his hideout and the other members seem concerned as well. As Haubu and Joshua fight, Haubu notices Crows energy and goes to the arcade to confront him. Haubu confronts Crow and puts her sword in his face ready to fight. A man named Thor grabs her and slams her through a wall. Haubu quickly kills Thor and this send Crow over the edge.

- Miroku accepts Hideaki and his friends into the Rising Suns. Hideaki and Asoka talk as they reach the hideout and they meet Coran. Coran tells them what has happened with the meeting between Soul Society and Crow, and that an arrancar has started some trouble with Crow. Miroku seems to not care and tells everyone to get some rest because they will be going to Hueco Mundo tomorrow. Two people walk out of a room in the hideout and Miroku tells them that he won't need them for the mission to Hueco Mundo and says to stay undercover in Soul Society.

- In the real world, Haubu releases and Crow goes shikai. Haubu's unusual abilities seem to be throwing Crow off. Haubu explains how only attacks that have balance can work against her. Crow shoots a charged blast which does nerve damage causing Haubu to stagger around. Crow goes Bankai. At the Rising Suns' base, Asoka opens the garganta; Miroku, Hideaki, Titus, Chiyo and Asoka walk in heading to Heuco Mundo. Coran stays behind at the hideout.

- In Hueco Mundo, Rey notices 5 strong presences. Joshua joins in on the fight between Crow and Haubu. Joshua seems to be firing at both Crow and Haubu, Crow continues to fight Haubu shooting down her Balas with his lightning bolts. Crow pulls out his other gun which has been charging for a full minute and fires at Joshua, which goes through his shoulder. Joshua kicks Crows guns away, slashes him on his thigh and kicks him away. Crow mocks Joshua about his bad aim and Joshua responds by saying "Who ever said I was aiming at you". Joshua then stabs his Seele Schneiders into the wall at his waist as he eyes the other 4 he shot. At the same time Crow and Haubu notice that the 5 are equidistant apart making a pentagon, Blue lights go between the Seele Schneiders and outline the pentagon. Haubu then looks down and smiles as she’s standing in the middle of the design. Joshua then opens one of his silver tubes and dumps the liquid onto his Seele Schneider which causes a huge explosion encompassing the area within the outlined pentagon.

- Ryuu and his Squad arrive in the real world ready to fight the arrancar that have shown up. Things go well until Ryuu is cut down by an arrancar named Majiyo. As Ryuu falls he calls for Kimi. Majiyo Suffers a flashback of herself and four other children running through the district 54 being chased by a man they had taken food from. Then she orders a full retreat and they return to Hueco Mundo. Kimi defeats the arrancar she is battling and catches Ryuu. She looks on as the arrancar that took down the captain widens her eyes and seems to have an internal battle with herself. The arrancar then orders a retreat and Kimi can only look on. Two days later in Squad 4's barracks, Kimi talks to Ryuu as he finally wakes up. They discuss what happened in the real world and both agree to find a way to clease Majiyo's soul.

I don't feel like updating this so if you want to know everything that has happened after this, then start at page one and read! I hope you enjoy!
last edited on Sep 17, 2011 at 09:36PM

Bleach Anime 1672 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1351-1400 of 1672

over a year ago onix11 said…
Daniel had to react quickly as did Kizumi. Daniel's first priority was to get Tina to safety. HE grabbed her and moved out of the way of Harim's attack. The attack its self created a powerful shockwave that almost knocked Daniel off balance.

Daniel: He sets down Tina and looks at her. "Stay her, and what ever you do, do not help. Spirit shield." A shield of reisitu forms around Tina. "Now back to buisness." Harim is already on top of him but Daniel quickly draws his sword and swipes it across Harims stomach. To Daniels surprise, only a little blood came from the wound and Harim was still swinging at full force. Daniel dodges to the side but Harims blade nails the ground again and the shockwave sends Daniel into the wall. Daniel stands a shakes off the pain. "What the hell are you.?"

Harim: He begins to laugh. "I am the servant of the unknown. I am the strongest of us three and the most durable, which is why your sword did little to hurt me. I feel sorry for you, you may have me in speed but in strength you shall falter."

Kizumi: Else where in the corridor, Kizumi is in a deadlock with Trim. He can barely keep up with his enemies movements and he knew Tirm wasn't even going full power. "My speed isn't good enough to hold him of forever. There's no reason to hold back. Support, Kyokushahou!" Kizumi's sword begins to transform into a howitzer support cannon that plants itself. Kizumi then puts on his glasses and looks at Trim. "Kan`Marui!" the cannon begins to charge as Trim loolks intrigued.

Trim: "You know, its not to often i have fought a soul reaper who knew how to activate his Shikai." He then begins to laugh. "But unfortunatly it won't be enough." Kizumi launches the energy from the cannon at trim who simply fires a cero that intercepts the blast. The howitzers blast rips right threw it with ease. Trim then fires one hundred rounds of bolas. All of them combined stops the blast from Kizumi's weapon.

Kizumi: Kizumi is at a loss for words at what just happened. "Theres no way, ive never seen so many blast shot from a hollow with out them having to recharge."

Trim: He smiles and bows. "Allow me to tell you what makes me special. My speed is beyond certain comprehension, and my energy recharges so quickly that i dont even need to take breaks between firing my bolas. My ceros are also faster than most hollows or even arrancars." He draws his sword. "I grow tired of this, its time to put you down." Trim is right in front of Kizumi in no time flat. Daniel sees Kizumi is in trouble and hops over Harim and moves quickly to help his comrade. Harim gets pissed at this and fires a cero. Daniel turns around and launches a ball of reisitu about two feet in circumference and it goes through Harims cero and blows up as soon as it makes contact with the arrancar. Daniel is then at Trim and swings his blade but misses barely. Trim begins to attack Daniel but is stopped when he is stabbed by Kizumi who has two tanto daggers in his hands.

Daniel: Daniel and Kizumi back up to see the progress of what they have done. Trim has stab wounds from the Tantos that isn't bothering him to much, but Harim took the worst of it as he has burn marks and cuts from Daniels Spirit cannon. Kizumi smiles but then him and daniel are grabbed from behind and are being pulled and are about to be thrown. Daniel quickly sins around and kicks the assailent in the face but the person doesn't even move. The two allies are launched back and have to collect themselves. "I am a little confused. I delivered a full kick to his face and it did absoulutley nothing to slow him down."

Unknown: "You are unable to fight the unknown because you do not know what to expect to happen. I guess i should have been a bit to talk about myself. If your wondering why your move did not work, it was because i weight aprroximatly 4 tons. This keeps me from being tossed around like a rag doll. Also." He begins to charge and a small red orb is formed right in front of him.

Kizumi: Kizumi waste little time to stopping him. "Sanjuu Tama!" The howitzer begins to charge as well. As the two face off, preparing to attack one another head on, Unknowns subordinates charge at Kizumi but Daniel stands in there way. All of their swords collide and the flashing of their blades as they came into to contact was all you could really see. Harim swings his blade for Daniels head. But this time daniel was ready, he shifted his weight and puts Harims momentum heading straight for Trim who dodges it but then takes a straight kick from Daniel. Everyone backs off of one another as Unknown blasts his massive cero towards Daniel and kizumi. Kizumi then launches all three shots that were charged and ready to fire. The attacks collide and the power coming off of them was tremendous.

Daniel: Thinking to himself "Theres no way This is going to end well." He looks at Kizumi. "Back up." As Kizumi did this Daniel Pulls up a massive spirit shield that blocks the corridor. The two blast finaly explode. The eplosion was giving Daniel trouble to contain. It finally breacks through his shield and dust fills the corridor. Daniel and Kizumi are seen getting up. "That was troublesome. Tina where are you." He looks around and in a dust cloud he sees four figures, one of them being Tina. "Let her go." Daniels blood is boiling.

Unknown: The unknown shakes his head. "I think i'll give her back some other time." The unknown the runs his hand through tinas heart. Blood comes out of the wound in massive waves. The Unknown then opens up a gargantua. "Until next time."

Daniel: Daniel begins to run full force towards the unknown, only to get the blades of Harim and Trim ran through him. He coughs up tons of blood and drops to his knees. The three arrancar leave with tina. But then Daniel is covered by an outline reisitu and he begins to take that energy and forms it into a ball. He then sends it through the gargantua. he then passes out.

Kizumi: Kizumi was unsure what to do. The situation was more out of control than he expected it would be. "I'll take you to the real world. There we can prepare for what is to take place next." He begins to head for the human world.

In Hueco mundo

Unknown: A gargantua opens and all three arrancar and Tina exit the portal. THey begin to head back to the palace until the unkown senses something. He looks back only to see something coming through the portal. "Close the gate." Trim closes it to late as the orb goes through. The arrancars soindo out of the way of the orb which flies abother thousand feet before hitting a passing hollow. The orb explodes, creating a dome that is 500 ft in cicumfence. The Unknown looks back at where the gate was. "He is to much trouble." He looks around and sees the palace is empty feeling. "Come, we head to my quarters to solve the matters at hand."
over a year ago wolfmaster3000 said…
Lol I like what you did with Ketsuki Flame =) , he will rise up his own empire !!!......guess i'll conclude a bit =P

-the Final Plans of a lost Ambition-

-Ketsuki wondered far away from the once proud castle that he would rule over, he smirked rather disgusted two arrancar came up beside him-

??: well my Lord what are we too do now ? your former Glory is useless now

???: don't be so rude he killed Slifer grands.

Ketsuki : I will not fade so easyily into the dust Vanishing like a mouse who can barely gain food for the night nor will I try to take over Like a eager prince. But Rather Play a new side in the shadows , for my Zanpakuto's Are telling me it's time for change prehaps I newer and greedyier ambition.

??? : change ? you can hear your Zanpakuto talking ?

Ketsuki : -smirking but nodding- "the next evolutaniry step has begun"

-ketsuki and the two arrancar seemed to disappear as Ketsuki's voice echoed-

"I will Re-turn as the King"

-soul soceity-

-Nabimaru had looked at the sky and gave off a smile- "well it would seem that the winds are changeing but the sun seems to have a bad omen too it...I Hope everything is okay" -Nabimaru had made grave s for his fallen subornates during the attack on soul soceity- "may you all rest in peace"

-4th divison-

-reiku and eisaku had both been dead tired but had healed most of the injured back to full health, the suns shadow was over them when a sudden breeze woke up Reiku- "oh my work, back to...." she laughed at her self, "there is no more work" -she stretched her arms and smiled- "good night Eisaku" she walked off as Eisaku layed there with his mouth wide open and some drool coming down his lift lip Loud snores echoed through his "room" -

-7th Divison-

-shun had been premotted to the Rank of captain as a re-quest left by Isao before Leaveing to deal with Rey, Shun stood atop his new Divison with a smile on his face. " I SHUN MEKOBU HERE BY DECLARE MY SELF THE CAPTAIN OF 7TH SQUAD MAY WE HAVE HONOR AND DIE WITH SOME DIGINITY !!" -the memebers cheered as his now third seat Kintaro and asstaint captain Shin stood beside there new captain-

Shin : well captain clearly you have a way with words -he pokes up his glasses-

Kinatro : -with a smile on his- I am glad you Rule over our squad.. my Grandfather would be proud.

-11th divison-

-Mashin was scene over a bloodied corpse with a bunch of members around him all of them shocked- "I am the 18th Kenpachi of squad 11 all who apose me step forward" -no one stepped forward , Mashin gave Huge grin as he grabbed the tattered & beaten up haroi from the perivouis captain- "I AM KENPACHI MASHIN THE CAPTAIN OF SQUAD 11 I LEAD THIS SQUAD NOW !!" mashin let out a blood lust roar of satisfaction- "I AM THE STRONGEST !!!"

incase your wondering for time skip I am squads nine , 7 & 11 Captains...along with squad 7s asstaint captain , plus squad nine witch was the orginal captains seat I was given

I am looking for a

squad nine asstaint captain

squad nine 3rd seat member

Squad 11 3rd seat

Jstar you still going to be the 11th squad asstaint captain ? .....also these posts are mostly conclusions more than it is actual actions
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago jstar18 said…
yeah I'm still gonna use that character unless you had something else in mind for the squad. If that's the case then message me with the details.
nope i'm happy with you as the asstaint captain , if anything with Mashin as captain it's going to like it is in the show a ruffian leading Ruffians
over a year ago whiteflame55 said…
Alright, so I'll get things going here.

Renee is the only character that's going to be involved in the tournament itself. I'll do a prior post with her to set up the whole thing over the next couple of days.

Cadence is my Squad 0 character. Since I was asked this earlier, I'll say it for everyone: your Squad 0 character cannot be in the tournament. Also, don't post anything for your Squad 0 characters until Hadez, jstar, or myself do some sort of introductory post for the group.
Tournament for what ?
over a year ago Hadez17 said…
So I still have to find the blade in the make a zanpakto thing and put a character to it and put it on our character page but still to get it out ther im going to put my King blade in the tournament and im putting Tenchi in squad 0. I should have my king blade up soon but no garentees since the weekend up till monday night is filled with lightly penciled in plans on things to do
Alright, so I've been up all night flying out to the east coast (I hate not being able to sleep on planes or buses), and so I got some time to write this. I have something else in mind as an introductory bit for Squad 0, but I'd like if more people could post their characters before I do that.

Renee thought extensively about Miroku’s words. Certainly, it was something she had thought of before, as far back as when she had met Isao. She had thought little of him back then, though he had grown on her. Nonetheless, the thought had crossed her mind since.

She had no trouble seeing herself as Captain Commander. She had been trained by Mine herself, and had become Isao’s main confidant. If anyone understood the position and what it entailed, it was her. Not only that, but she wanted it. The vision of that girl, herself as a child, sizing her up and finding her wanting lingered in her mind. Refusing would be a betrayal of everything she was then, and everything she could be.

But she had warred over it. While she didn’t question her power, she did question her ability to wield it. The recent changes in her blade had been the result of loosening the hold on her past, but she still found herself torn between a desire to hang onto that past and to move forward. Her fight against Brigitte had shown her just how weak her lost arm had made her, and she could not allow that. Visions of the ruined Soul Society with Soul Reapers crying out for help flashed before her eyes…

And so did a shock of pain. She grimaced, gasping at the sudden surge. It quickly brought her back to reality. The laboratory she was in was small, a makeshift creation, though reasonable for her purposes. And his.

Kichigai: Psh, and you call yourself a captain? That kind of pain should be nothing to you.

Renee sighed. She had spent only limited time with the man since he’d become a captain, though he was quickly becoming an annoyance. Nonetheless, she had needed his help, and he freely provided it.

Kichigai: This is a waste of my time. What do I care if you managed to lose a limb? It’s no concern of mine.

The man didn’t even appear to be talking to her now. He rarely seemed to acknowledge her presence at all, beyond the occasional chiding for twitching. Fighting without an arm put her at too much of a disadvantage, and while this was far from a perfect replacement, it would have to do. He was very rough about attaching the metallic arm and shoulder to what remained of the decimated limb, not caring at all about the pain caused by running this much voltage through her nervous system would cause. And he did it all with a bored expression on his face.

She barely suppressed another gasp. He didn’t use any amount of pain relievers on her, though he would have trouble finding them at this stage. Every bit of the stuff in Soul Society had been used on injured Soul Reapers.

Kichigai: Damn that racket! Those fools will pay for doing their damn construction so close.

The rebuilding effort had started early and fast, though the number of hands available was pretty minimal at the moment. That would change soon enough, but it didn’t stop the higher ranking Soul Reapers from whipping their able-bodied underlings into action.

Kichigai: Are you sure you don’t want anything special in here? A new limb should be an opportunity, not just a replacement.

Renee gave him a sidelong glance. He was looking at her incredulously, just like when she had asked him in the first place. It was like he couldn’t understand the basic desire to have her other arm back – his world simply wasn’t interesting without all the bells and whistles.

Renee: I’ve made myself quite clear already.

Kichigai grumbled at that, muttering something under his breath she couldn’t hear.

Kichigai: Fine, such a waste though. The explosives you could equip to this could level a whole city! Still, the specifications you wanted will be included. It should weigh similarly to your actual arm, respond to mental commands just like a normal arm, and it should be much harder to cut through. Wouldn’t want you testing that, though – we’ve seen how that turns out.

He put on a sly grin. Renee ignored it, opting instead to take a closer look at the arm itself. It seemed to be a hybrid of high strength plastic and metals, intricately crafted to look like a human arm. Even the bones looked to be replicated in the metal scaffold underneath. Various strands of wire crisscrossed under a clear plastic shield on the outside, running into the large metal shoulder that he had created. If all went well, she would be using the arm like her original one in an hour or so.

She couldn’t help thinking to herself about the Captain Commander role again. It was exceedingly rare for a Captain Commander to not be chosen before the death of the previous one, and she had not formally been selected. What’s more, Soul Society desperately needed something strong to believe in, and taking the reins from her position just seemed like it would breed doubt. Anyway, here it is.

Perhaps it was time for something a little bit different.
I'll post my Squad 0 Captain some time later this week since I have a blade that needs finishing anyways. I'll just stick it on him. Also, you guys don't need to worry about me for the tornament as I have no real interest in that Captain Commander spot.
over a year ago shukun_kizuku said…
whats up guys long time whats happening
Alright, so we've had some significant movement, but not as much as I was hoping for. Onix, jstar, myself and shukun have posted their Squad 0 characters (though the latter 2 will have to transfer theirs over to the character forum when they are ready), and I know Hadez already has a blade for the role (though it hasn't been posted beyond a while ago on the zanpakuto forum). Rantora and wolf, I haven't seen anything for either of you.

Haven't seen much on the setting up the tournament front either. Jstar, myself, and Hadez have made it clear who we're entering (though Hadez needs to post him on the character forum), but wolf, onix, shukun, and rantora have not yet made it clear who they're choosing (if anyone).

If any of you have stated something to me personally that's contrary to what I've said here, make sure to let me know and I'll change the post. I'm mainly concerned with getting everything going at this point, and we have a few other people joining the forum so I want to get reorganized if we could. If you don't want to make a Squad 0 character, you don't have to, and if you don't want to enter the tournament, you don't have to, but please let all of us know where you stand on both.
My friends, i will not be participating in the tournament for Captain Commander for the simple reason of that position supplies high casualtie rates and plus i do not think that thier will be to many victories coming my way.
I wont be participating in the tournament either that spot is of no importance to me
over a year ago Hadez17 said…
sry guys ive ment to get to putting my characters up but recently due to what i will call a drunken accident in a crowded room my primary computer needs fixing so ive been working on that more...but i plan on putting up my tourniment blade along with a few other characters soon. And as for my squad 0 blade. Its posted on our character fourm on the 3rd page. the wielders name is Tenchi. its towards bottem of the page i believe. But yeah ill have the blades up within next couple days. odds are itll be later after i get some sleep.
over a year ago Zordaik said…
Hello, I have been invited by Whiteflame to join this forum. So, if that's alright, I'd like to join. Assuming it is alright, Whiteflame has suggested I put up a squad zero blade, so I probably will.
Alright , Hey Zordaik =) , Okay I am going to use for the tournament , MAshin Gakidou, & shun Menkobu as my charcters being put in there, as for squad zero I am haveing troubble thinking of a blade
Alright, thanks for the response guys (though Rantora remains absent). No worries about the wait, Hadez, I imagine this tournament isn't going off for at least a week. At the moment, I am aware of 5 Soul Reapers in the tournament: Renee, King, Mashin, Gakidou, and Shun Menkobu. I know at least one of the people who will be joining will also be participating with one blade, though he hasn't posted in here yet. Zordaik, as I said in the email, I invite you to take part as well. I'm hoping we get at least 8 blades to make a reasonably sized tournament.
over a year ago gracen_silence said…
wink
Whiteflame told me to come and put a little post here that said I'd be joining so.. I'll be joining. ^.^
yay more people
Okay, I put my first character in the zanpakuto forum. Just look near the bottom of page 184.
smile
Wlecome to the forum Zordaik and graven_silence glad to have you two in!
over a year ago s3raphymn said…
I'm joining. Sup, guys.
Glad to be in. Thank you for the greeting, jstar.
smile
And welcome to you too s3raphymn glad to have all of you.
Yes, I'll repeat jstar's welcome myself, it's good to know we'll have some new blood for furthering the story. As far as where things stand right now, we have 7 characters for the tournament, with the possibility of another from gracen_silence. If it ends up being 8, we'll have an easy setup for the tournament, if it's 7, one character will get the "bye" through the first round. Rantora has apparently disappeared, so until he comes back, we wont expect any new participation or writing from him. I can set up the tournament as soon as I know gracen's position on it, but before we actually start the tournament, the squad 0 characters need to be finished (I'd like to introduce them first).
re-garding that white flame ..is it okay with you & jstar if I claim the 3rd seat of squad 0 ?
My squad zero character's done. You can find him near the bottom of page 185.
There's no seating structure in Squad 0. No captain, no vice captain, everyone is regarded basically as elite guards for the spirit king. Frankly, my character was placed in Squad 0 for the reason that she'd be untrustworthy in a leadership position.
sweet
So I've gone ahead and made up the brackets for the tournament. We have 7 character entries, and I made the brackets as randomly as possible by simply assigning number to each character and then using a random number generator online to pair people for matches. As you might expect with 7 people, one person got the bye through the first round. I've also used a similar method to determine the order of the posts for each fight in the first round, so there's that. I'm not going to reveal the brackets until gracen_silence posts his entry, so don't ask until then.
My Squad 0 character is posted on the fallout character forum.
Gracen's alive, right?
I've talked with him recently enough to say that, yes, he is. He said he's working on his character and it should be up sometime this week.
Ahh. Alright, that's good.
"Might come back later:
LOBOs
BrokenSun
Testu
Shukun
Rantora"

whats up with that im here now
Heh, must've been a mistake, no worries dude, it'll be fixed.
Oh my bad man. I'll change it.
it's alright just caught it out of the corner of my eye
Alright, so we have all the characters squared away for the tournament. As such, I can now post the brackets. As I said before, these were all determined as randomly as possible. Just a note though: before we can start, jstar and I need to do a post involving the squad 0 characters that will also introduce the start of the tournament.

On that note, here's the brackets (the order in which their posted is the order in which posts will occur):

Round 1: Renee Chevalier vs. Mashin Gakidou
Round 2: Tekin Kukuze gets the Bye.
Round 3: Shun Menkobu vs. Satoshi
Round 4: Arthur vs. Kamitsure Touji

All of these characters except for Tekin Kukuze are posted in the main character forum (Zordaik, if you could please post your final drafts of both your Squad 0 and tournament characters in that forum, it'll make things a lot easier). As we get past those introductory posts, I'll make it clear how the posters should generally make their posts as well as reiterate what criterion each round should be judged on. For now, just get to know the blade and character you're up against if you're in the rounds.
So here's the first half of the post. jstar will likely be posting in the next several days, and after that, we'll start up the tournament. Since I'm making the first post, I'll be working on that.

White walls, white floors, white ceiling. Echo…echo…echo… Empty. Silent. Still.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

That was all this place ever was. B-O-R-…E-I-N-G, BORING!

She felt like raging in these halls every now and then, throwing a tantrum and screaming her lungs out. It helped her get out her aggressions, but little more. Everyone else had gotten used to being here in their own way, though many of them did so more quietly. Not her.

She walked down the hall barefoot today. Something about the clacking of her heels on the stone floor didn’t feel right of late, though she lost those shoes… Where had she left them? She’d gone through her quarters just a few minutes ago and they hadn’t been in there. Perhaps her back pocket…

???: Would you stop doing that? It’s goddamn creepy.

Karyuudo had been walking down a nearby hall, she hadn’t heard him coming. Well, that wasn’t really correct, she hadn’t cared if he was coming. It didn’t matter, she was suddenly obsessed with finding her shoes…

Karyuudo: SHUT UP! Seriously, that’s fucking annoying!

Cadence: Stop what?

Karyuudo: Narrating every goddamn thought that comes into that psycho head of yours!

She never really could tell when she was speaking out loud or-

Karyuudo: AAAARRRGH!

Alright this time, she was sure it was in her head. Cadence stuck her tongue out at him and kept walking. She reached a hand down inside the right side of her pants, and skintight though they were, her hand kept rifling past oddities. She could only tell what a few of them were by touch, but none felt like her shoes. She removed the hand, scowling at it. Where were those shoes?

She looked behind her. Karyuudo was following close behind. She thought it was creepy. He was following her again. The last time he did that, he had followed her all the way to the Soul King’s room…

Come to think of it, she had no idea why she was headed that way now. Could be some sort of meeting, but she couldn’t have forgotten another one. Surely…

It felt like it had been so long since she got into this place. Squad 0… She had never wanted to leave her Squad 8, Kyoraku was such a nice captain, always offering her something to drink! Sure, things had been boring back then too, but at least the people had been nicer, and there were missions to go on. She felt stuck here.

That had been…well, at least a couple of decades ago…

???: Seriously? You’ve been here for centuries, Cadence.

Zerek fell in beside her. She had been talking aloud again, she realized. Zerek had never really been adverse to the odd things she did, though he had his own odd habit of saying things before he could come up with what he actually wanted to say. He must have been watching them for a little while before he actually spoke. His words confused her, though. She would know if it had been centuries.

By now, she was sure they were on their way to a meeting. Karyuudo wouldn’t have followed her this far if she wasn’t. That’s why he’d followed her last time, she remembered. Or…sort of remembered.

She stopped in the middle of the hallway, Zerek taking a couple more steps forward before stopping and Karyuudo nearly walking straight into her. He stumbled back, looking more annoyed.

Zerek: How…what…

Karyuudo grimaced: Damnit, what is it now?

Cadence: Why did he call a meeting?

Karyuudo: Oh good, I thought maybe you had forgotten and were just wandering aimlessly. But I guess you only read the first line of the briefing they left for you, or else you would know that this is an emergency meeting. Something happened in Soul Society.

Cadence cocked her head slightly. She didn’t remember a briefing, though she knew where she tended to keep important papers like this. She immediately and unceremoniously reached her hand down the front of her tank top, rummaging under the skin-tight clothing for the missing paper. Karyuudo averted his gaze, frowning with a slight flush of red rising on his face. He’d never gotten used to that. Zerek just smiled – he had much the same habit of leaving reading material in strange places. Much to her delight, she quickly found the document in question, scanning it with a keen eye.

Cadence: …

Karyuudo sighed: What is it now?

Cadence: What are we supposed to do in case of an emergency?

Karyuudo looked at her incredulously: …Are you serious?

Cadence couldn’t help but laugh. Something about his words was just so funny! Zerek had an odd, quizzical smile on his face. Karyuudo was grumbling to himself as he pounded his head on the closest wall with a series of loud thumps. After creating a small welt on his forehead, he stalked away angrily in the direction they’d been going. Zerek waited a moment before following, Cadence picking up the rear as she held her sides.

She had managed to stop chuckling by the time they reached the meeting chamber. When they stepped into the room, the Soul King was not there. The room was sort of odd, shaped like an ellipsis. Only a couch and chair stood in the room with a small table between them, an empty silver bowl resting on top. A silver carpet covered the floor. It had a smooth texture beneath her bare feet. Light shimmered in from windows that didn’t exist. This whole facility was completely separated from the world outside, making it all the more eerie that the light shimmering through each of the “windows” was a different color and came from impossible angles.

All of the Squad 0 members stood around, lounging on the furniture and bits of the wall. Tenchi was leaning against the far wall, his face and posture shifting between stern and angry. He had no reason to be either, but the rest of the room was trying to act serene, and he always felt the need to be different. Kundrai stood formally near the right side wall of the room, though his formality always seemed to clash with the friendly, easy-going smile on his face. Kira was sitting in the chair, hands on the sides of his face and knees resting on his knees. He was staring longingly at the bowl, probably imagining it was full of his favorite Pocky. Kenshiki was crouched on the floor near the center of the room, glancing about him and looking like a predator waiting to strike. He always seemed like he was on the balls of his feet, itching for a fight. None of them seemed to know why they’d been summoned here.

The curved wall furthest away from them began to flash and flicker. She hadn’t known that was a screen before, and neither had anyone else in the room. The ones leaning against it backed away and kneeled down, leaving room for those behind them to see.

No one spoke as the screen came into focus, the word “EMERGENCY” appearing in large red letters across the screen. A gruff voice, unknown to any of them, came through on an invisible stereo system, though static made it hard to hear him at first. The screen changed to an image of a charred and destroyed landscape, with only a few standing buildings marking it as what it was. Soul Society.

End Part 1.
Alright, both characters are in the characters forum. Also, because I likes Gracen's idea of describing their fighting style, I also described their fighting styles.
- Emergency -

Inside Squad 0’s meeting room

An ominous feeling filled the room as the Squad 0 members all looked at the ruins they once knew as Soul Society. You couldn’t tell that they were worried based on their facial expressions as Zerek still have his usual calm look on his face, Cadense wasn’t even looking at the screen as she continued to search in her skin-tight clothes for god knows what, Karyuudo faced the complete opposite direction of Cadense as he tried not to stare at the vulgar poses she made from searching for…whatever, Kenshiki stayed crotched down with a fierce look on his face as he stared at the screen, Tenchi was the weird one as he had a nonchalant smile on his face as if to say that everything was fine. Everyone else had a skeptical look on their faces as they stared at the screen.

Kenshiki: Is that what I think it is?

Zerek: (speaking in his usual analytical way) Well if my memory serves me right… based on the positioning and intersection of the roads combined with the foundations of all those fallen buildings while also taking the symbols of those buildings which still stand into account… I would have to say that that is the ruins of Squad 4’s barracks. I wish I could see the rest of what’s going on in the back but the smoke is blocking the view.

Cadense: (screams) MY SHOES!!!

Everyone’s attention quickly changed as they all looked back at Cadense to see that she was now holding a pair of two large boots as she jumps up and down with a huge smile on her face.

Cadense: I’ve been looking for these all day…

Karyuudo: (extremely confused) How the hell were those in your shirt? There should have been some sort of impression in your clothes… especially since it’s skin-tight.

Zerek scratched his head as he looked at Cadense with bewilderment. The others were equally confused as they kept scanning Cadense body with their eyes. The gruffed voice yelled in annoyance.

Voice: ENOUGH!!!

Everyone quickly turned their attention back to the screen.

Voice: This is a grave situation and I expect you all to treat it as such.

Cadense: Sorry sir.

Voice: It’s alright just listen for a moment. Soul Society is in dire straits. And just went through a hell of a war with an extremely powerful enemy.

Zerek: Was it Miroku and his group?

Voice: No! Miroku appears to be on our side for the time being since his crew helped them during the war. The enemy was a group called Kuroheki lead by a man named Sengoku as well as a powerful arrancar by the name of Rey.

Karyuudo: So you need us to hunt those guys down and kill them?

Voice: No! Miroku killed Sengoku and Former Captain Commander Isao killed Rey.

Cadense: Former? What happened?

Voice: I’m surprised you’re still paying attention Cadense, but Isao died in his battle with Rey leaving Soul Society without a leader.

Zerek: So you want one of us to fill that role?

Voice: No! I have a suitable replacement! Come on in.

The entrance of the room opens and the figure of a woman wearing a captain’s jacket is standing at the door.

Voice: Squad 13 Captain Renee Chevalier!

Renee: This is the first time I’d ever been in Squad 0’s barracks… it’s kinda weird.

Voice: Yes it can be but there is a reason for why you were summoned here. As you know we lost a great leader in Isao and the Head Captain spot MUST be filled. Therefore I’m promoting you…

Renee: If I could just say something sir…

Voice: What is it?

Renee: I completely understand the confidence that you have in me to fill the role of Head Captain but I have to decline an unearned promotion to the position.

Voice: Unearned? You’ve proven yourself to be more than capable.

Renee: I understand but I feel that the Head Captain seat should go to the strongest soul reaper in the Thirteen Court Guard Squads. If I truly deserve that position than I should have to prove that I am indeed the strongest in Soul Society.

Voice: Where are you getting at captain?

Renee: There are many soul reapers who have the capacity to hold that position. I feel that in order to truly see who’s the best is by holding a tournament of the best!

Voice: (angry) A tournament! Do you understand the situation that’s going on? Do we really have time to hold such a tournament while Soul Society lay unprotected?

Renee: I understand your concern but I have spoken with Ariza Kuchiki and she has assured me that the Noble Families have decided to reunite with Soul Society to help protect it. I also spoke to Miroku of the Rising Sun’s and he too has agreed to protect Soul Soceity until we can get back on our feet. They both have also offer financial help as well.

Zerek: Soul Society’s power was cut in half when the Noble Families left. Our strength doubles with their return.

Voice: Agreed! And with Miroku on our side as well just helps fortify things further… fine… you want a tournament then you’ve got it. And it is to start immediately!

Renne: Yes sir. I’ll inform our members. (Renee leaves)

Tenchi: Soooooooooo that’s the meeting?

Voice: Not quite… there has been an unusual amount of disappearances during the war.

Zerek: Of course, people die in times of war so that’s nothing strange.

Voice: Not like this. There is no trace of these soul reapers. No remains, no spiritual energy left behind and no witnesses to tell what happened. Something is going on and I want you all to find out what it is. Also… I sensed three huge energies near Soul Society after Sengoku’s death. I want you all to stay in Soul Society until we can appoint new captains and the new Head captain. Understand?

Everyone: Yes sir!

Voice: You have your mission, now go!

Everyone quickly vanishes.

Voice: (sighs) The sun sets on the era known as Isao just as it did on Mine’s! I wonder what the name of this new era will be? Things certainly are changing!

End

Finished this kinda quick but hopefully it's good.
Alright, so I'll give everyone a full rundown of how each person's position in the round (whether as a participant or as a judge) will (hopefully) function.

Participants: Everyone who is participating will get to post at least once. The way it will work is like this: for the first round, I will post first (because that is the posting order), then wolf will post. After that, we'll hold a vote for who everyone thinks "won," and then the victor will make the final post for that round. Almost every round will progress similarly to that, though we might change the format for the final round. If you're wondering how long the post should be, copy/paste or simply write it in a word document, and if it's longer than 2 pages with spaces in between the sections, it's too long.

Make sure to do a bit of research on your opponent in each round so that you have some idea of how they behave, how they fight, and what their abilities are. Chances are, if you're the first poster (and this is not a hard and fast rule) you'll be going from shikai to bankai, though if one or both of the characters are reticent about using their bankai, you might wait till the second post.

Judges: Everyone not in the round is a judge, and I would like to get as much participation as possible for each round. I realize not everyone will be able to read each post that comes up, so if you're going to be gone over a certain period, make sure to post that you will so that we don't wait for you.

There are three criteria you should focus on, though you can weigh each of these differently if you choose. The first is an evaluation of the blades and characters themselves. You can view them based simply on which you like better, as well as whether or not you think the character is suitable for the role. The second is an evaluation of the posts themselves. It's not about who is winning necessarily, it's more about the quality of the posts themselves. This one's pretty subjective, but it's important since the winner will be governing Soul Society activity in the future. The third is a bit more difficult to evaluate, but based on what you see of the characters, try to pick who you think would come out on top without including the way the fights have played out (so basically, evaluate whether one blade has enough advantage in the fight to be more likely to win). You shouldn't have to look up characters if you're not participating, that information should be provided in the posts themselves.

You don't necessarily have to use all three of these, but make sure to use at least one of them in your decision-making.

If anyone has any questions on what I've stated here, or ideas of how to improve upon it, feel free to let me know.
Karyuudo arrived at the soul society within moments of the meeting ending. He was thinking about what had just been passed to them. "I can't believe so much destruction was caused to this place. The people who did this must have been amazingly powerful." He searches the area until he senses a weird spiritual pressure around where the squad four barracks used to be. He asses the damages and looks for clues. "The attack that done this must have been energy based, and it has a very dark aura surrounding it." He closes his eyes and concentrates very carefully. "It seems there were four people here. Two of the spiritual pressures went one way. But, this is very strange. "It seems that one of the spiritual pressures completely disappeared." He opens his eyes and walks over to were he felt this disturbance. He bends down and looks, only to find nothing but a shared of metal, resonating with very little spiritual pressure. "Well this is all i've got. I guess i should go and meet up with the others. But i wonder. Could the two people here witness what had transpired?" He shunpos off and then begins to think of something else. "I don't try to act like a jerk, do I?" He looks a bit sad. "It's not that i want to be like this, it's just i feel like if i do, then everyone would keep on task a lot easier." Then he thinks some more. "How the hell does Cadense Keep so much stuff in her shirt!?"

At Squad Ten Barracks

Biren is looking over his home. It had suffered the least amount of damage to it's structure. But most everything else was a mess. He had allowed his 6th, 5th, 4th, and 3rd seat, as well as his lieutenant stay behind. And everyone was busy repairing everything for the time when everyone could come back. He knew what Rake had seen would have to be reported soon to the other squads, but he could hardly believe what rake had told him. He knew it was going to be a long week.

Finished.
Renee reflexively flexed her left hand, moving the arm up and down smoothly as she did, only barely resisting the urge to rotate the shoulder afterward – this was not a time to show any sign of weakness or uncertainty. She had kept the arm hidden under a small cloak she wore; though everyone knew about her handicap, flaunting it in public seemed a poor way to utilize what could be an important advantage. The week-long wait before they could start the tournament had given her more than enough time to become dexterous with it to the point that it hardly felt different at all.

Yet still, it moved regularly underneath her cloak. Much as she had practiced with it, she was uncertain how it would perform in battle, much less against someone stronger than herself. Kichigai had told her that the arm could easily fire kido up to 70, but that there was some chance of damage from anything higher, and that worried her. Mashin was a dangerous opponent, made all the more so because he was so unknown. His rise to the seat of captain had been an impromptu one, and she only knew him from reputation before that. It wasn’t so much that he instilled fear in her, but rather that the certainty of battle with someone like him lit a fire in her she thought extinguished after Isao had died.

Yet she walked slowly, calm and collected, to the stadium ahead. It had been created rather quickly on the outskirts of the slowly rebuilding Soul Society, and with the help of the Squad 0 members, little time was wasted from other construction. It was several stories tall, a large rectangular shape with rounded corners. Banners of the 13 protection squads stood across the top. At the center of the long sides of the rectangle, across from one another, stood a banner representing Squad 0 and a banner for the Captain Commander. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at the Squad 0 banner – she was never fully convinced that they should play a big role in all this – but she had to admit, they had been helpful.

She moderated her features as she got closer, noting the people perched up on the very top level. 2 Squad 0 members stood on that side, watching shinigami pass through the entrance. Much as she had spent most of the last week training, she made a special effort to put names to faces with these guys. On the right stood Kundrai, the only one of the two who seemed to be taking his role seriously, though it was hard to say exactly what he was looking for. His eyes scanned over random people that would be in the audience, only taking slightly longer when he saw her before moving on. Tenchi seemed to be lazily gazing at random areas, not seeming to see any of the faces. His eyes passed over her without registering who she was.

As she stepped into the stadium, various low level guards gave her a brief nod, expressions of mixed grief and anticipation painting their faces. She knew it all too well – everyone had been touched by the war in a big way, but they all seemed to be looking forward to the coming tournament. There was something exciting about the whole thing, even to the people not directly involved in it.

The stadium was large enough to fit a tremendous amount of people, easily containing the Soul Reapers that had survived. It had been built around a former training ground, and would return to being used mostly for that purpose after the tournament had ended. The seating in the stadium was made with the same material as the external wall of Soul Society to prevent damage. The internal area was the size of a football field and surrounded a 12 foot high lip below the seating areas. A large, slightly raised platform made of the same wall material stood covering the majority of the interior except the very edges, which were merely open ground.

She walked slowly and deliberately towards the area where the other combatants had gathered. Tekin, Shin and Kamitsure were already there. While none of them were facing each other in the first round, they all seemed to be sizing each other up. Tekin avoided her gaze immediately, pretending to look at a random corner of the wall as he saw her looking at him. Shin had become a captain rather suddenly himself, much like Mashin, but she had known him far better than Mashin due to his association with Isao. His attention turned to her as she entered, his eyes seeming to bore into her flesh, though his eyes kept flashing to Kamitsure – small surprise, since he could very well be his next opponent. Kamitsure flashed her a smile, a toothpick evident between his teeth, his gaze returning to meet Shin’s.

Arthur marched into the room shortly after she arrived. His stance and facial expression spoke of someone who had already won, but something in his eyes told her that he wasn’t quite as certain as he looked. He quickly scanned the room and then stood at attention beside the entrance, his eyes flicking between everyone in the room in turn. Mashin was soon in behind him, stalking into the room like a predator with a devilish grin on his face. He took one look at Renee, his smile deepening as he moved to the back of the room and into the shadows, eyes gleaming and his gaze unwavering. Satoshi stepped into the room last of all, his normally calm and relaxed step seeming more rigid than usual. Circles of depression ringed his eyes, and he seemed reticent, as though the idea of taking over this position from his mentor was beyond his comprehension. Renee felt for him – she’d been close to Isao, but at least she had been through this before. He quickly leaned against the closest wall, keeping his eyes on the floor, never even bothering to look around.

Everyone was tense, so the next few minutes passed in silence. After what seemed like an eternity, the crowd outside roared as an announcer’s voice came boomed over the speaker system.

“Shinigami one and all, welcome to the first ever Tournament of Champions! Each of the 7 entrants into this contest could become the next Captain Commander of Soul Society, following in the tremendous footsteps left by Isao. He will always be remembered for his dedication to Soul Society’s protection and the advancement of the 13 protection squads. The Soul Reapers in tournament should all be commended for their willingness to inherit that dedication, especially during these trying times. No matter who is victorious, they are all deserving of our accolades.

Applause sounded outside. They knew all too well that the dangers ahead were something no one wanted to face – it was amazing 7 people had put themselves forth for such a position. The announcer doled out “thank you’s” to the protection squads for their efforts in rebuilding Soul Society, and to the Squad 0 members for their participation as well. Only scattered applause greeted the latter – no one knew these people well, and everyone was resentful of them for not participating in the war, even though it was hardly by choice. The Soul King required his defense around him at all times, especially since Aizen.

“And now, without further ado, I present the first round combatants: 13th Squad Captain Renee Chevalier, and 11th Squad Captain Mashin Gakidou!”

Mashin seemed to appear beside her, his face taut with excitement and a malicious smile covering his face. Much as they were both captains, the two couldn’t be more different. Mashin actively sought battle, relishing the contact of blades and the opportunity to face stronger opponents. Renee was far more focused on defense and only engaging in fights out of necessity, though she had to admit, she was looking forward to proving herself. She flexed her arm one more time, taking a quick pace on the way out to keep up with Mashin’s deep strides.

The crowd started cheering as soon as they came into sight, the light of the late morning sun making all of the white surfaces of the arena gleam. She shook herself slightly to get rid of the jitters she suddenly felt being surrounded by so many faces she knew, returning to an emotionless, centered state as she took position across from her opponent. Mashin was shivering with excitement, blade already out of its sheath and held vertically in front of him. She shrugged off her cloak, revealing her gleaming left arm and placing the palm on the hilt of the blade at her waist, waiting patiently for the fight to start.

Alright, that should be enough to kick off the tournament proper. Thanks for the posts jstar and onix, both were great! I'll be posting my part to the first fight sometime tomorrow (hopefully), if that changes I'll let you guys know.
Renee made the first move – her opponent would expect her to fight defensively, and she meant to dissuade him of that immediately. Mashin took the unexpected turn in strike, sweeping out with his blade in a wide arc to catch her. To his surprise, all his sword caught nothing but her scabbard. Renee suddenly appeared behind him, blade swinging in a close arc up and to her right, cutting across the back of Mashin’s right shoulder. Mashin didn’t hesitate, swinging around at her again, though his blade simply passed through an afterimage as she used shunpo to appear directly above him.

Renee was shocked as his strike turned into an upward swing. She had heard about his adaptation in battle before, but had never expected it to be so fast. Was he fighting entirely by instinct? A blast of fire burst out of the blade heading straight at her. She pushed her new left hand forward, slamming a large Sōkatsui wordlessly into the oncoming flames, appearing beyond the explosion to bring her blade directly down on top of her opponent, whose blade was waiting for her. She had counted on that, having already filled her blade with dozens incanted Shō blasts. He was thrown back from her in a massive burst, but the blast behind her propelled her forward. The opening allowed her several more strikes across his chest and arms.

Mashin pushed off dais quickly, raining down blows on Renee. She incrementally raised and reduced the friction around her blade, never allowing the strikes on her blade to push her off balance. She knew he was powerful, but the strikes still forced her backward, and his relentlessness made it difficult to keep up. Nonetheless, the air was soon filled with gas from the constant clashes. Mashin refused to give her an opening to use it, firing gusts of wind full of slashing blades at her whenever she tried to gain range.

She lowered the friction of her blade, allowing the force of his blow to push her further back. Her hands extended forward, speaking in a measured, firm voice: Bakudō #62: Hyapporankan.

Rods of energy formed all around her and rammed through the air towards him. Mashin spent another blast of wind at her, but it merely destroyed a multitude of the central rods. He was forced to deflect the rest. That gave her the time she needed. She used shunpo to get far above the stadium before yelling out the word.

Renee: Bankai!

Most of the metal quickly stripped off her blade, increasing in size till they formed 4 large strips of metal in the sky above. They quickly shattered, strewing the arena below her with metal shards, though before they could come to rest, they flew up to her. Scaled armor formed over her entire body beyond her head, and the weapon in her hands changed into a 6-pointed flanged black mace with 3 gold rings on the handle and a small golden spiked piece on the top.

She pressed her hands forward, whispering the short incantation for Tenran underneath her breath. Mashin made a move to attack her, but he was too late. The massive torrent of wind blasted out of her hands, expanded by her bankai across the whole arena. When it surrounded him, she used that same force to contract it, funneling all of the gas in the arena into a narrow cone. A tremendous explosion rocked the arena as it came in contact with the charges on his body.

Renee held her place in the air above him. Those explosions were enough to do some serious damage, but he wasn’t one to be defeated by that alone. His smile soon appeared out of the smoke, a large portion of his torso covered in burns with flayed skin along the lines of the original slashes. She had expected more – that much gas should have inflicted more damage.

Mashin: Heh, I’ve never liked fighting girls before, they always tend to be so weak. When I heard I was fighting you, I knew to expect something amazing, but this…

His energy surged with a sudden surge of excitement, his hair billowing behind him. He raised his blade towards her in a sign of respect before shouting Bankai in a half-crazed voice.

The guard of his sword fell away as the blade turned black, extending another 3 inches, straining his muscles ever so slightly more. He slashed fire into the air beside her, not even requiring her to dodge. Had he gone insane? She intended to use it, reducing the friction around her to bring her blade down with full force on his shoulder…

Her blade barely went in. It sunk to less than half of its width, and she barely had time to register that he had raised his blade, demented smile crossing his face as fire closed in on them.

Her speed was all that saved her, though the deep gash down her right side and burns on her back were marks of how close she had been. She couldn’t underestimate him like that.

End part 1.

Here's my part to the first fight, hope you guys like it! Looking forward to your portion, wolf.
Just a quick note: you might have noticed I made a post ahead of the fight. It doesn't and shouldn't factor into the decision, I just wanted to make sure there was a full set-up for the start of the tournament, but everyone else is free to make a post of their own establishing their character's mindset before their fight starts, just don't give one while another fight it going.

-Mashin was standing in the middle of the Arena , with a grin on his face Renee was above her bankai just slightly so Mashin couldn't reach her-

-Mashin let out wild laughter- "you know something Renee this is dis-appointing , I thought you were much stronger than this pathetic excuse of a bankai"

-Renee didn't answer but unleashed a devisateing berrage of kidou after all Mashin could barely move in the effects of her Bankai- "I will win this Match Mashin NOT YOU !" -all of a sudden he was behind her swinging his blade to take off her head , she parried, and flipped backwards , landing back in her Bankai area, as did Mashin, he rushed forward unleashing a hellish flurry of nearly unstoppable attacks, Renee finally used a Kido to push him back a bit, Renee stood there panting-

-Mashin looked up at the sky-

-Renee smirked- "it's amazeing that your able to move without ease , your spirtual pressure it seems a bit low to be able to nearly blow off my bankai"

-Mashin gave a Wider grin on his face as though he was insane- "you know something Renee, i'm not Left handed" -he placed his Zanpakuto in his left hand- "i've also had a good warm up" -he swung his blade downward on and to the right-

-Renee went to speak than a Explosion went off where Mashin had swung her eye's Widend with shock- "IMPOSSABLE !"

-Mashin Grined even more, Reiatsu Leaked off of him as he started laughing it expanded into a Cylinder like shape Smahing into the metal above them as he Laughed he Rushed Forward, before Renee could block his stike Mashins Blade had been Rammed through her Right shoulder she couldn't do anything but open her mouth and let the blood pour out, she staggered back gasping the sudden change in speed , strength even spirtual pressure, but this wouldn't get her down he came around she parried the strike but , slid back placing a hand on her chest- "you are strong captain but not strong enough to win !" -Renee Leaped forward going to strike Mashin, but he evaded Parrying each strike with ease and a huge grin on his face- "this is gonna be fun after all"

-After many strikes Renee was frusterated she couldn't hit the captain and he couldn't strike her, Mashin took a wide swing to slash at her chest but Renee evaded, Mashing appeared behind renee Impaleing her in the lower back her eye's widend with pain as she scream out in pain and instantly shunpoed off of the blade and Lauched a Kidou at Mashin witch sent him flying far enough back that he hit the wall of the arena , MAshin himself was far from fine forceing himself to move had been covered in burns- "how about we end this renee all or nothing"

-Renee smirked- "Very well Kenpachi Mashin but I am warning it's futile I will win this round"

end i'm cutting it a bit short
Alright, so at this point, everyone should vote that is not me or wolf. Just make a post saying which one of us you vote for, and we'll move into the last part of the round.
So, in my votes, I'll look for whoever appears more powerful.

Mashin's physical strength is immense. He also appears very durable. Renee, however, boasts incredible skill in kido, as well as a fairly significant speed advantage. Hmm. Well, it wasn't easy to decide for these two, but I'll go ahead and say Mashin purely because of his massive strength, reiatsu, and durability.