Heroes of Olympus RP Club The Getting to know Forum

Blaze_of_Ares posted on Apr 28, 2013 at 04:21AM
Yeah, get to know each other here and do whatever you like...

Heroes of Olympus RP Club 9323 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 851-900 of 9323

over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Haha yeah other girls say it's hard to write from a guys perspective but I don't see how it is. What's so hard about writing opposite gender?
over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
I could link a series of videos that summarize my opinions of the first two seasons pretty well.
Anyways, Uncle Rick Riordan summarizes my struggles with writing pretty well, in that you need to keep writing to attain some level of proficiency at it. Otherwise writers block constantly.
The conception G.R.R.M has with writing characters of the opposite gender is A) He takes inspiration from his wife (Crafty devil) and B) Girls are still human, all the characters he rights are more him than not and act in a human manner.
Unlike other series where children and female characters are simply convenient writing tools, coughy-ety fucking cough cough walking dead cough. In all seriousness though the writing does improve from season 2 though and I haven't ever been so put off that I won't watch the new episodes when they come out (Cough cough sword art online cough)
Fun fact: Despite getting a budget of six million per episode Game of Thrones runs into money problems in which they can't rent enough horses so people walk where they would normally ride.
last edited over a year ago
I don't know what to say so I give you random photo
I don't know what to say so I give you random photo
Guns do not make for interesting combat in my opinion, you point at things you don't like and they go away.
How else are you suppose to do it?
over a year ago Rogue475 said…
*refrains from countering his invalid post...*
Haha
Haha
If inaccuracy means not following the strictest definition of the words then fine. Otherwise I invite the challenge.
No need, your simply looking for debate. Opinions,opinions...
You're*
Yes, it's a learning experience.
That and since you've said something I'd like to know what you mean by it.
Just need to point out with the your he was talking about your opinion. You're does in fact work though
My question to you spike: have you ever fired a gun before?
Random picture again. These are all pictures I've taken
Random picture again. These are all pictures I've taken
Not a rock dinosaur turned on its side.
It's ricks with bush up the top. I don't know why they keep going sideways. I took it yesterday
Weird. Not as weird as lemons without skin though.
Haha how's it weird? Just passed where Captain Cook landed in Aus
He's yet to answer the question...
Which?
Sorry if I take a bit to reply. I can only play my phone for so long in the car. I don't know why.
Have you fired a gun?
Missed that.
Yes, certainly not many times but you have to really try to not fire a gun if you live in a rural area.
Yeah, have you? I know I haven't but I know people who have. My English teacher last year used to be a policeman.
I had a moment where I forgot that English was a class and almost said "English police officers don't carry guns" But then again he didn't necessarily have to be a officer in England. Double dunce points.
I'm just waiting for the huge essay comment that is likely to be coming.
Meh... English police don't need guns, they got mad skillz. Spike there is an art to using firearms, something many Americans fail to see.
That and weapons are heavily restricted in Britain, not something I approve of. Look at Sweden, more guns per capita than America, lowest crime rate in the world *Last time I checked*
Well the misconception is a more historical one. As muskets weren't superior to bows in accuracy or shots per minute but they were easier to use. Must have just carried on.
The use of a gun appears to be a largely internal art. With melee weapons you need to find a way around their defense, there's a clash there. People don't shoot each others bullets out of the air. It's not a tug of war so much as a 100M dash. It seems that it's more about who can hit the goal first opposed to who can win over the other person.
More to it than that,but put in the simplest sense yes. Bows can't take out targets at a kilometer away, this is because firearms require more than simply pulling the trigger to work, ever seen the internals of a fireamr, it's quite facinating in my opinion.
I know you were talking about bow vs. Gun but there is more to it than that, the fact that not many people know: Snipers won the revolutionary war
With that accuracy? Really? *Not sarcastic tone, actually confused*
Contrary to the belief that all muskets sucked sh*t, highly experienced militia soldiers received the high quality rifles. Them being Americas first snipers, they're role was to take out the British officers first, rendering the chain of command in shambles. This is fact, not fiction I can assure you.
I was taught that every firearm is a tool, something that should be respected and cared for. "You take care of your rifle, and it'll take care of you." I was told this by my Mentor when I first started my shooting career. Ever since then I've received a 99/100 10 shots rapid-fire, at 100 yards using the AR-15 standard sights. I'll try to post a video sometime to show what it is like.
Yeah it'd be hard to use one. You gotta aim it right and not move it while shooting. While I know nothing about guns and things so I guess I can't say too much
The more you know.
I was under the impression they were as accurate as a piss in the wind.
The vast majority of muskets were, and I'm sure they still missed some shots lol. Anyway, looking bcak on it now... I used to favor swords above all else, as I grew up I started to find myself turning toward firearms.
It's just that my time from an MMO leaves me to desire all combat to be balanced.
There is a theory that armor will progress to the point that bullets would not be efficient enough so we'll revert back to melee weapons. Or maybe this is just the excuse for every mech story every to be swords and punches instead of just building giant turrets.
By that time we'll have likely utilized plasma based weaponry, however that's also a theory.
Or we'll blow each other up and scar the earth for centuries.
I want to see an ironman melee only Fallout new vegas play-through now. That would be great, especially with death claws. Iron man meaning that once you die in the game the playthrough is over.
Uh-huh... can't really think of any reason to say otherwise.
With certain deathclaws you stand on hit at best, even at maximum possible health two swings overwhelms you.
Truly a creature to be feared. Mutated from chameleons apparently.
Apocolypse
Apocolypse
BTW MEME TIME
BTW MEME TIME
Happens all the time...
Happens all the time...
He he he...
He he he...