Heroes of Olympus RP Club The Getting to know Forum

Blaze_of_Ares posted on Apr 28, 2013 at 04:21AM
Yeah, get to know each other here and do whatever you like...

Heroes of Olympus RP Club 9323 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 751-800 of 9323

over a year ago Rogue475 said…
I just realized I put English and British, fixed it, English people seem to think their better than everyone else, and so do Americans. The Arrogance of both parties is simply pathetic, forgive me I just tire of some of the sh*t I hear...
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
To be honest they do. I dint really have much to do with any of those countries and I've never been there before, but yeah
For instance online gaming, nearly every English person I've met whilst playing, they've all turned out to be rude by nature. It's almost becoming a stereotype for me.
But also you get some Americans who believe that this Nation is the greatest of them all, which is absolutely Ignorant...
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Stereotype are that the English are violent, I think. Maybe it's just the game, all of them are competitive? And see you guys, heading out now
over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
Supposedly American's are violent, English people are snobs, Scots are easily irritated, the Welsh only kind of exist, and the Irish and just in the corner being drunk and happy.
Yeah true. I don't go around saying how amazing Australia is. It's just the same as any other country. Haha alright see ya. Really, wow? I can't tell you my opinion of English gamers but yeah
last edited over a year ago
Anyone who says "We won *Insert war here*" Makes me want to slap them.
So out of the seven deadly sins which applies most to you guys? I'd say pride or wrath to me.
Your options are: Wrath, Pride, Lust, Envy, Greed, Sloth, Gluttony. Although gluttony, greed, and envy are pretty similar.
Both are violent, there is more to the Irish than people give them credit for.
America's the third biggest country in the world, it's bound to have more stupid things than a spec of land like the British isles.
Canada is slightly bigger than America yet is has a ninth of the population. (I guess people can't handle winter.)
What about Australians. What are they supposedly. I dint know any Irish so I wouldn't know and seven deadly sins?
I'm guilty of Pride, no doubt, we're only human. What the Revolutionary war? there is more to that war than what schools actually teach, both sides were foolish and unjust. But war is never Just...
Australians... No-one really bothers with Australia, in fact my opinion is it's a beautiful and interesting place, then again I haven't been there before, however one day I hope to.
They barely taught anything about the wars in school. They didn't even talk about Adolf Hitler and that was one if the main things in World War Two. And to be honest out of the ones you listed, Spike, I don't know which I would call myself
The Seven deadly sins: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.
The grade 10 and 11 (And probably 12) Social curriculum here does have a unit assigned to it.
The internet has tried to convince me Australia is a land where you have to fight to giant scorpions before breakfast. I can't help but think that is slightly exaggerated.
British faults: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TAXES UPON TAXES MOTHERFUCKERS!!
But they were also going to abolish slavery
I can't speak with any degree of knowledge about what the Americans did wrong though.
Haha I pretty sure we don't wake up to fight giant scorpions before breakfast. Just a little exaggerated and ohh ok
World War 1, a group of Serbian radicals assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary. The Austro-Hungarian empire sends a completely unfair ultimatum to the Serbians, the Serbians refuse, Austria Hungary declares war.
At which point fucking everyone in Europe calls their friends to this playground brawl and hundreds of thousands of people die.
Until that point war was treated like an acceptable part of society and people had accepted for years that it was coming because everyone wanted more.
Notice how Germany was not mentioned once? That's because the only thing they did was honor the agreement they had with Austria-Hungary to defend them if they were attacked. (And Vice-Versa)
Oh wow interesting. I didn't know any if that and yeah Germany just agreed with what everyone was doing. Stupid really. They probably thought by agreeing to everything and stuff it would keep them out if the war
No i'm not going to Lie Slavery is a sore spot in the Nation... But times were different then, people survived through slave labor, Morales were different.
Pretty much all of Europe had allies with someone or another so attacking on country like Serbia would cause another country to take action like Russia. This continues until we're all killing each other. Germany despite generally getting blamed didn't actually cause it. Interesting what a hundred years does to the common conception.
^^ The main anti-abolishment movement in Europe was based around the idea freeing the slaves would ruin the economy. So yeah, we had pretty messed up views on things.
Treaty of Versailles, the allies really want to beat down Germany for their military prowess, ESPECIALLY the French who were decimated by the German forces. The American president at the time wanted a more fair treaty but he was called back to his country so a completely unfair treaty went through. Forbid union with Austria-Hungary, made they pay billions of "Dollars" in war reparations to the French, forbade the building up of military might, gave major amounts of German land to other countries, etc.
World War 2 begins with a book. A book known as Mein Kampf or "My struggle" A book written by Adolf Hitler. A brief summary, he served as a soldier in WW1, his book was about how he wanted to unite all German speaking people. To the east in Russia and their communists. People really don't like communism so Hitler co-founds (?Unsure?) The Nazi party, a fascist part on the opposite side of the political spectrum. Their symbol is the Swastika, I'm sure you know it. Was previously a Asian peace symbol. Not so much anymore. Some time passes and Hitler though political prowess becomes chancellor of Germany (Later Fuhrer) He starts breaking the treaty of Versailles terms left and right. The United Nations (Formed post WW1) Says they're fine with this because they treaty was unfair. Also this was during the great depression and they couldn't stop them and Germany was doing perfectly fine as Hitler had created jobs via the military. Then Hitler begins taking land in Europe, first peacefully. Then they ally with the Russian communists (Odd considering their political views where polar opposites.) To take Poland because it was created post-WW1 out of German and Russian land. This is where WW2 begins in earnest.
Also about eight years before this Japan was taking land in China and a few years after that the Italians where taking land in Africa. Those three ally for various reasons. Italy falls first, then Germany, then Japan with bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
No one benefited from this. We didn't have stupid treaties this time so we'd cause another war. (Which would have been all the more destructive with the creation of atomic bombs.) With the closing of the cold war between America and Russia where they subtly suggest they might blow each other up with the aforementioned bombs it seems like humanity has finally learned.
At least until we begin running out of natural gas. Then maybe they Fallout series happens in real life, maybe we go extinct. Who knows?
Overall my knowledge of these events probably contributes a large part to my cynical demeanor.
Why can't I focus this work drive for school work? God damn.
Hmm indeed. And there were a lot of people enslaved back then. To be honest there probably still are people that do
Yep. Or having eight year-olds marry forty year-olds. (I'm just going to let you guess what gender matches which age.)
... Um, right? ... Blarg...
Woah! I couldn't even be bothered to read all that Spike and eww that's gross. I know someone who was eighteen years younger than her boyfriend
Modern day slavery.
My soul hurts.
mischievous
It's 3:17 AM here, Pulling an "all-nighter". So we're at my friend's guys-night and he's asleep. So me and my other friend here are gonna play slender man all night long. The one sleeping is a huge Slender fan and we're gonna play it while he's asleep... MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!
My computer will die relatively soon so I'll see ya later.
HahHa you evil thing. It's inky 7:19 here :P I just found out that I might have to third wheel with my friend and her boyfriend tomorrow. Yay for me!
Third Wheel?
A,right see ya and yeah third wheel. Don't know what that is? If so it's just where there's a couple and then another person there just being here while the couple does couple things
tongue
(That sounds awful... No-offense... lol, I don't think I could stand that.)
Haha I'm kinda used to it now, unfortunately. I have three friends and they each have a boyfriend while I'm just like yay go me I'm single
haha I've been Single for so long, and it's completely because the people in my school are mostly idiots. Aww he just woke up, now he wants to play :-(
Yeah I'm just single cause no guy likes me in that way and I guess there are no interesting guys at my school. The last real boyfriend I had was in year seven. (I had two afterwards, but to be honest I don't count them) and haha and you don't want to play?
No I don't mind Slender, it's the scare factor..
Haha Rogue doesn't get scared does he?
lol, no... maybe... Who doesn't!!!!!! That game is Scary and funny
my first time seeing slender I called out: M'urica! and ran into his arms, hugging the beast to my own death....
Haha I guess I wouldn't know. I've never played it
cake
...You should, It's ... my Mexican-friend says hi... that's what he told me to say...
Haha nah him good and haha well tell him I said hi back :P
]\\\\
\\
'
,. mn
t4srdghnh
jrctgh

fh
\h\\'HE IS SUCH A ujlhji\]\][
l;mv;z'p

zf

z'xf

zx'z;;;;;ew
fgrthyki

rhdttttttttt

httttttttttttt
Stop speaking gibberish! I don't understand that haha
I was trying to say something along the lines of... HE IS SUCH A DORKY INSOMNIAC!!!!! but he managed to mess with my laptop.
Hahaha how come?