Hogwarts House Rivalry! The Hogwarts Wizengamot

Ninja-Kitten posted on Mar 03, 2011 at 01:48AM
You heave open the heavy wooden door and look around the large room. It looks very formal...the walls are made of polished dark wood and are hung with banners and crests from all the Hogwarts houses, as well as a large Hogwarts crest on the far wall. A low, circular table sits in the middle of the room, looking very important for such as small table.

The formality is broken by the sound of laughter, you look up and see 3 people sitting on beanbags around the table, eating chocolate frogs and giggling. The fourth person is sitting with her legs crossed on a green beanbag, delicately nibbling on a pastry, observing the conversation, and calmly scolding everyone from time to time.

If you're looking for help, you've come to the right place, welcome to the Wizengamot!

Slytherin - link
Gryffindor - link
Hufflepuff - link
Ravenclaw - link

We're a council of elected prefects representing our houses. If you have any problems or concerns, feel free to join us around the table and discuss your issues :)

Don't have a house yet? Contact link
You heave open the heavy wooden door and look around the large room. It looks very formal...the walls
last edited on Mar 26, 2011 at 09:08PM

Hogwarts House Rivalry! 182 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 151-182 of 182

over a year ago harrypotterbest said…
Ways To Make Simple And Best Behave (WITHOUT HURTING THEM)
1. You can't.

Our mission failed anyways :'( Oh wellz, at least this means we won't invade there again :P
But, on the up side, Lexa remained calm (ish). :D
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago TheDon0603 said…
You know, the thing about pushing the envelope is...it's going to break. And I have a feeling that would be ugly.
over a year ago Ninja-Kitten said…
Oh best...fix your title.

"Ways to make simple and best behave WITHOUT HURTING THEM"
You can't.

OKAY EVERYONE! I have two important things to say.

NUMBER ONE.
LG's suggestion of standardizing on house rules, since we've been waiting on this for a while, I'm eliminating Option 3 and now everyone can vote in a pick on Option 4 and Option 3/4.

Remember, Option FOUR is that no one is allowed in other common rooms except for prefects on official house business.

Option THREE/FOUR is that each house gets to make their own rules (that must be respected) but prefects can still visit on official house business.

Is everyone cool with that?

SECOND PIECE OF BUSINESS.

Quidditch is coming to an end and I'm struggling to find a fair and efficient way to do the playoffs. Here's what I'm thinking of:

First place house faces whichever house take second place.
Third place and fourth place houses face off.

That's pretty standard, but remember that the playoffs don't actually give special points or anything. It's still possible to win your playoff and lose overall.

So...anyone have anything to say?
over a year ago harrypotterbest said…
NUMBER ONE
Link to the pick? :L

SECOND PIECE OF BUSINESS
Okeydoke ^^
Thanks for the support best :P

I haven't made the pick yet, I figured I would wait to see what everyone thought.
over a year ago partypony said…
One:
:D

Two:
Good idea
over a year ago Persephone16 said…
smile
One:
Hmmmmm...I think i'll go with option 4. I'm just saying it cause, well, just cause.

Two:
Sounds good!
over a year ago LinaHarrow said…
One: Cool. Post pick whenever.
Two: Sounds like the best, simplest, way to do it.
over a year ago simpleplan said…
I have been good for about a week Lexa XD
I agree with both pieces of business.
Okay guys, I'm making the pick and I'll post the link, and thank you simple :P
link

Keep in mind that no matter which one we choose, prefects are allowed to visit for official business. I will be making use of that the remind people to vote :)
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
I voted for each individual house gets to decide their guests (or whatever it said.)
Comment on the pick...?

Thanks for the vote though!
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
I'll comment...
I voted were my prize xD
MMKAY

With Quidditch winding down, we need something to keep us amused, lest best and simple get any ideas *shifty eyes*

Here are my ideas, I'd love to hear yours!

1. Image uploading contest. Whichever house uploads the most images related to their house WINS.

2. Banner making contest. Each house runs a mini contest within itself. Members from each house get to make 800x100 banners, and when the best banner is chosen, it goes into a fanpick to choose the best one (be HONEST, don't just choose your own house's) or alternately, Sara (most impartial person I know) agreed to judge if necessary. The winning banner is used for a week.

3. Rivalry member of the month. Every month, the Wizengamot council chooses member to feature as FOTM. We write an article, make an image, do whatever to feature them. If a Prefect wants another member of the Wizengamot to be featured, they must contact the other two to arrange it without letting the fourth person know, that way it's a surprise!

4. House/fan awards. Which house has the most hyper fanpopper? The funniest? The smartest? The category is announced and each house elects a rep to take part in the contest. The winner brings home eternal glory, and although this contest is very dangerous, the rewards far outweigh the risks.

Anyone have any other ideas?
I'll have to make a fresh new forum to run whichever one we choose, much like the Quidditch Office (which we'll hopefully use again for the next round! I say we take a break though.)
over a year ago LifesGoodx3 said…
I'm okay with 3 & 4. 1 & 2 sound good but I really can't make images, so I wouldn't be able to participate.
Okay, guess we'll just wait for everyone else to chime in then, but you don't have to MAKE images for #1, just upload them :)
Yeah I like 3 and 4. I don't care for the first one, it sounds kinda pointless. I mean it doesn't seem like it'd be fun to do. Two maybe, but i'm like one of the only Ravenclaw and I can't even make banners. Although I definitely agree we need some type of game. Not just like voting stuff but a real game or contest. Like 1 and 2, but better. I'll try to think of something.
Yeah I thought 1 was sort of pointless too.

Lol "Like 1 and 2...but better!"
over a year ago Persephone16 said…
smile
They're all pretty good. I'd be open to doing any of them.
I vote for everything xD
i really think it will help make the spot more active and i will have less time to bother you XD
>:)

Exactly my plan
Lexa want a Pokemon battle in the Great Hall :P
over a year ago LinaHarrow said…
I'm good with all of them, particularly 3&4.
over a year ago LUNAFAN said…
Brilliant, Lexa! I'm okay with all of them, especially 3&4! First one.....I dunno, It's not that practical..2nd one - from my point of view, most probably, we'll get bored making banners...But, I would like to appreciate you in taking effort to make people more active here! ;)
I will begin planning for number 4, since it seems the easiest and most fun.

I am loathe to make a new forum, but I shall! *dramatic hands*
link

The votes are in and we are sticking with our current format of individual houses deciding on their rules but prefects are allowed everywhere on business.

PLEASE establish your house's guest rules and post them in the Wizengamot so I can take a record of them for reference!
*plots*

Hopefully I'm back for the summer! I'll try to get my laptop fixed so that the Fanpop scripts don't screw it up.

I feel like I have to do something to make up for my being AWOL for so long. SO HOW ABOUT A NEW BANNER?

We can post our creations here and then we'll set up a fanpick. I'd like to start things off by asking people to post ideas about what they like in a banner.

1. Smooth transitions between images and colours.
2. Fair representation of all houses.
3. Easy to read text, if any.
over a year ago LifesGoodx3 said…
I would make a banner if I knew how :\