Harry and Hermione Harry and......?

emilykuru posted on Apr 02, 2011 at 12:51PM
so this is basically a forum for some people who want to debate against harmony. and guys, since this is a debate forum, u've got rights to debate! so have fun and enjoy defending your fav couple!
it will mostly be this -

harry and hermione
harry and ginny
harry and luna or perhaps
harry and cho?

you can also take it as a fun spot to just discuss maybe?i dont know! but go on and have fun!
last edited on Apr 02, 2011 at 12:53PM

Harry and Hermione 191 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 191

over a year ago OnlyHarmioneHJP said…
^ Ok. So? One time. Hermione does something totally out of character, one time. It's not in her nature to be combative, unlike someone else we know...
over a year ago emilykuru said…
@Pensieve Seeker - That was the correct response by Hermione. Malfoy called Hagrid an oaf and insulted him. Unable to put up with him anymore Hermione salpped him and I think it was absolutely right. Infact I congratulate her for that one.

Whereas, Ginny is too temparamental for Harry. How many times in Order of Phoenix and HalfBlood Prince we see her using harsh words against both Harry and Ron and even her mother sometimes.
over a year ago Pensieve_Seeker said…
emilykuru--Admit it. You're a hypocrite.
tongue
oh really? I didnt know.Thanks for telling me.

And if you told this expecting that my faith in Harmony will waver, then I'm sorry it didnt work.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago hpfan21 said…
cool
i feel so sorry for those who insult this club .... THEY SHOULD GET A LIFE ... no offense pensieve _ seeker , but i have to agree with emilykuru and onlyharmionehjp, what you say doesn't make any sense at all ... i think you are just wasting your time ....
over a year ago hpfan21 said…
tongue
i got an advice for pensieve seeker : EITHER HE/SHE SHUTS UP OR WOULD RATHER PUT UP WITH US , let him choose what's best for him / her ... i would rather shut up and give up if i were him , but it's his choice.. we warned him .. haha lol
cool
emilykuru and hpfan21 -

Hey. I just wanted to leave you guys a sidebar note because it seems as though emotions are starting to boil over a bit. I thought I'd offer some (hopefully) comforting words.

We all know how Pensieve is. If anyone does, it's me and Em. Nothing he/she says will ever make sense, and therefore he/she will never change. If we continue to let what Pensieve says get to us, then he/she will keep right on coming back because he/she knows it gets under our skin. You guys have every right to feel frustrated by the ridiculous things that Pensieve says, especially because he/she continues to invade our Harmony space with negativity. But before we chase after Pensieve with pitchforks and torches, remember that Pensieve holds no power as long as we don't allow it.

Nothing Pensieve says will sway our opinion, and every invalid piece of evidence he/she presents can be easily combated. There's gonna be Pensieves everywhere we go, and the best way to deal with it is to just show that we are not effected by anything that is said. Whatever point is made, we come back with a rebuttle and make it better than whatever he/she said in the first place. So don't stress guys. They're just words, and as long as we know how to use our words, then nothing can hold us back.

Hope that helps everyone's emotions. And Pensieve, I haven't said anything that's not true, so quote me all you want.
smile
^yeah you are right. I need to chill down,lol. Not that I was angry before (maybe my post indicates so but not really - I was rather amused that anyone can be so...no words,lol) And yes, we shouldnt be taking him/her serious. Right.
"Pensieve holds no power as long as we don't allow it" - lol right.I am not frustrated by it. Just that I didnt want to take it sitting simply. But that doesnt mean that I am sitting here all day thinking over it. I just read it replyed and then forgot about it. Maybe it looked like I am taking Pensieve seroius but not really.lol. So I guess we can drop that matter which is not at all necessary.

Hopefully that topic has ended cause I really dont want to pick up a fight or anything.Maybe Pensieve will come back with something else and if he/she does - then I have a new formula -IGNORE, haha I bet that would work,lol.

So i guess we can work on with some REAL reasons and good debate instead of building up over small unnecessary things. And thanks OnlyHarmioneHJP - I guess you are right. And the main thing is No matter who calls me what, I will always be a Harmony shipper forrever. And no one can waver my faith - if that is what they are trying. :) So yeah, if thats what they want they are not going to get it.

Thanks for your support guys!
over a year ago MissKnowItAll said…
smile
Alright, looks like this place got crazy whilst I was gone... ;)

So what you guys are basically saying is no smoke without fire? I get that- as I have said, Harmony definately has potential. I won't deny that, I kind of like every HP ship has potential. :)

However, Hermione chose Ron, and Harry chose Ginny. I know in fanon we can mess around with whatever we want, but I would be interested to know: what canon events/moments convince you that they have some...'hidden love'?
OnlyHarmioneHJP--You stated "We all know how Pensieve is. If anyone does, it's me and Em. Nothing he/she says will ever make sense, and therefore he/she will never change."

You've already made it quite clear that logic and black and white facts don't make sense to you.
over a year ago Tasha1993 said…
smile
MissKnowItAll, you're my fav Romoine.Harinny fan.
Pensieve_Seeker, pls be more like MissKnowItAll if you want to debate here.
Amyways my sihipping is just like emilykuru and OnlyHarmioneHJP:
Harry/Hermione
Ron/Luna
Naville/Ginny (If not with Naville, someoneelse like Dean or Seamus or ever Draco, anyone but Harry)
laugh
Tasha1993 - thanks for the support!!! and again, welcome!!

MissKnowItAll - thanks for your support as well!! I can think of tons of canon moments that show Harmony's true potential - (pretty much all of PoA for one thing) - and I can sit down and post more once I get the chance.

Pensieve_Seeker - it's not logic and black and white facts that don't make sense to me - it's YOUR twisted logic and "black and white facts" that don't make sense to me.
Would you please provide an example?
Thanks OnlyHarmioneHJP. Pensieve_Seeker, why do have to ask for solid/black and white prove for everything?
smile
^haha thats a point!

@Pensieve Seeker - its not that your facts are not true. The way you tell them is not true. hope that makes sense,lol.

@Missknowitall - there are canon movements. Not moments where Harry tells he loves Hermione or Hermione thinks of Harry that way - but it is actually that way, they dont realise it - there are loads and I can tell you when I get the chance(when people let me tell it *cough* pensieve *cough*, lol )

@Tasha - welcome to this forum. happy to have another harmonian on board. thnx for ur support. continue to show it. :)
@Pensieve:

"its not that your facts are not true. The way you tell them is not true." - emilykuru

That pretty much says it all. You come here and try to tell us that what we are saying is wrong, when you're just as guilty of claiming untrue things. We realize that Harmony is not a canon fact. It is not clearly stated in "black and white" as you would say, because it is not something that JKR chose to acknowledge. We however, chose to do so, and have dedicated this entire forum to the acknowledgement of Harmony.

Now whether you or JKR or whoever choose to believe Harmony is there or not is entirely up to you. You've made it very clear on numerous occasions that you have chosen the latter. And in choosing to not acknowledge Harmony, you try to back it up with so-called evidence that Harmony does not exist. The truth is, there is no concrete evidence either way, because every single piece of "black and white" proof that you or I or Em or any of us brings up is OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.

(For example) Quoting what Harry thought of Hermione at the Yule ball is a straight up fact. And guess what? I ALREADY KNOW WHAT HE THOUGHT! You telling me that he thought she was the least pretty however, is YOUR INTERPRETATION! Bottom line, unless somewhere in the book it says, "Harry thought Hermione was the least pretty of the women", which it doesn't, then that is NOT black and white evidence. It's not, no matter how you spin it. So while you interpret that this means she is the least pretty, I happen to think the statement stands out because it is an irregular statement on Harry's part.

Take what you will out of that, but know that regardless of what evidence you come up with, it's not going to change the fact that Harmony is a presense that people choose to acknowledge. And because you are not one of them, you cannot accurately comment on anything Harmony related.
smile
Thaks emilykuru. I agee with emilykuru and OnlyHarmioneHJP.
smile
^no probs Tasha!

@OnlyHarmioneHJP - you said it all for me. I wanted to bring up that Yule ball point but I didnt have time. But you brought it out of mind. thanks!
Tasha1993--You stated "Pensieve_Seeker, why do have to ask for solid/black and white prove for everything?"

Because objective information can be proven, whereas subjective thoughts and beliefs cannot.
smile
True but if it's our intepretation, how can there solid black and white prove. We inteprate Harmony scenes differently, you interprate it differently. For example: Like OnlyHarmioneHJP said about the Yule Ball scene. While some people like you interprate it as he thought she was the least pretty, some people like me, em and OnlyHarmioneHJP interprate it as he thought she looked pretty and started noticing her looks. Solid black and white porve can't prove either of us right since all it says in black and white is he thought she looked pretty.
heart
Em and OnlyHarmioneHJP, i thought you guys should have a look at a Harmonian's intepretation of Harry and Hermione scenes in OOTP. I love it. It's kind of the way i interprated it. Pensieve_Seeker, maybe this would help you understand how Harmonians interprate the books.
This is another thing we can discuss or debate if pensieve and MissKnowItAll is up for it.
Sorry that it's kind of long.
link
cool
^I'm reading it now!!!
big smile
^I'll check it out asap!!
smile
Hey,if you guys have read it, what do you think?
smile
^its simply gr8! I was working on one like this for PS/SS. Its almost complete.
smile
^ I won't be reading it until tonight, so don't spoil it for me, lol
smile
sure sure!!! online again! me too!!!
smile
I would love to read the one you do on SS em:D
laugh
Yeah I'll be posting it soon!!!
smile
Hey ahve you read my other articles int hsi club?

WHY I DONT LIKE THE PAIRING OF HARRY AND GINNY
WHY HARRY AND HERMIONE ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER
TAKE THAT HARMONY OPPOSERS
smile
Yup, they are all pretty great:D
big smile
So can we discuss your article about Order of the Phoenix? OnlyHarmioneHJP - r u ready?
Not yet. I'm actually going to read it now. Sorry to hold it up. I just finished school so yesterday I couldn't do anything.
smile
Actually nevermind. I've read that already, a few weeks ago, lol Discuss away!!
smile
Yup, lets discuss away.
smile
Lets start with the first scene. Hermione throws her arms around Harry.

"He [Harry] caught a brief glimpse of a gloomy high-ceilinged, twin-bedded room, then there was a loud twittering noise, followed by an even louder shriek, and his vision was obscured by a large quantity of very bushy hair -- Hermione had thrown herself onto him in a hug that nearly knocked him flat, while Ron's tiny owl, Pigwidgeon, zoomed excitedly round and round their heads"
Our very first H/Hr interaction of the fifth book, and a very telling one, setting the stage. First we have Hermione, so excited that she nearly knocked the poor boy flat on his back with the force that she had thrown herself onto him. Cute, but not necessarily romantic - my grandma does the same thing to me every time I see her.

The interesting part here, however, is the owl flying 'round and round' there heads. It is a common symbol of romance to have birds flying circles over two lovers' heads, symbolizing unity and completion. But what is further interesting, whether intentional or not, is that of the two owls in the room, even though Harry's Hedwig is the more prominent, is that it is Pig who flies circles round them.

Now everyone reading this I'm sure is familiar with the phrase '< insert here > will happen when pigs fly'. Now this can be looked upon in two ways; one, H/Hr is ludicrous, and will not happen, thus 'a pig flying;' ORtwo, you can look further into it and say, 'but the pig IS flying'.

I, being a H/Hr shipper, tend to believe the latter to be true. JKR is all but pointing out that in her books, pigs can fly, therefore nothing is impossible. And this particular pig is flying circles around H/Hr as they embrace, symbolizing somewhat of an impossible love. Interesting, to say the least.

heart
The above is Laterplayer's intepretation. I always loved the way she threw her arms around Harry in the books and the movies and i always thought that it showed how much she cared about/loved him.(platonic or not platonic way) However i never thought of it the way Laterplayer intepreted it. Now that i think about it, it does make sense. Flying birds around two lovers heads is a common symbol of romance. What do you guys think.
heart
^You are riht. I have read Ootp only twice, because I dont have the book (I read it from the library :() So I didnt notice that small point - birds flying around their head. Now that the authour mentions it I see it - yes! If Rowling didnt intend Harry/Hermione, why did she write it that way? Birds circling the their heads is a symbolism of true love.
heart
I agree. This is defintely an interesting interpretation that I never noticed myself. At first I thought it was a bit reaching, but naturally I wanted to believe it because I'm 100% Harmony. But after thinking about it, the embrace and the symbolism of the birds flying - why would JKR write that unless it was some sort of give away? In writing, one thing you never do is write extraneous information. Everything that you write down should mean something. So obviously, this scene was intended, and therefore has significant meaning.
smile
I don't think JK Rowling intended it that way but by coincidence(faith), it is a pro Harmony scene. If we agree with the first one, lets go to the second one.

p. 156

"I knew it!" yelled Ron, punching the air. "You always get away with stuff!"
"They were bound to clear you," said Hermione, who had looked positively faint with anxiety when Harry had entered the kitchen and was now holding a shaking hand over her eyes. "There was no case against you, none at all..."

Short but sweet, as they say. His two best friends in the entire world had two very different reactions.

Ron's, very telling. His reaction goes along with the hero-worship that most people have for Harry; he was excited and said he knew he'd get off because he always got away with stuff -- that's as good as saying that Harry was guilty, and he only got off because of who he was! I'm sure that's not how Ron meant it, and he was truly excited, but that's just showing his jealousy creeping through in even the most unrelated of matters.

Hermione, on the other hand, is a horse of a different color. She had read it all up, and she knew, she knew, that there was no case against Harry, and yet she still had by far, the most emotional reaction. Her hand was shaking, and she looked about ready to faint at the news. It seems that Harry getting off was very, very, important to her.

Why? Because she's his best friend, right? Well, so is Ron, and yet he doesn't look ready to faint, does he? This scene seems to show that Hermione cares very deeply for Harry, even more so than Ron does, his best friend.

How deep of feelings does this girl have for Harry if they are beyond his best friend's? Only time will tell.

smile
I agree. Look at the diffrent reactions of Ron and Hermione, both Harry's beat freinds. Hermione believed that there was no case against Harry but Ron on the other hand believed that Harry would get away with it just like he always did. To me, it showed that Hermione thought Harry got away because he was truly innocent but Ron thought Harry got away because he was THE Harry Potter. It was also very important to her that Harry gets away.
big smile
In this case they're really just reactions to good news. Yeah, I agree that naturally Hermione is happy Harry was cleared for the right reasons (because he's innocent), unlike Ron, who seems to be happy because his name saved him again. But other than this I don't really see it as a Harmony triumph. I mean unless you look at it as another instance where Hermione is more concerned for Harry's well being than Ron, there isn't really anything else there. Hermione's being shaky has less to do with her worry over Harry specifically and more to do with her reaction to Harry's predicament as a female. Girls get rialed up over circumstances like this. But yay for Harmony! We'll take as much evidence as we can get for their relationship.
smile
You're right. This is not exactly a Harmony triump moment but it did show that she was more worried about Harry compared to Ron. But then again, like u said she's a girl and girls worry more. However to me it seemed like she believed in Harry more than Ron who believed in the Harry Potter. Plus her reaction was more powerful than Ron's when they both were his bfs. Other than that it's not a H/Hr shipper moment. I agree.
big smile
Its a sweet moment even though its not exactly HHr moment. and it shows that ron and hermione think differently. the way they see things is different. ron sees Harry escape punishment only because he is - the boy who lived but Hermione sees him as he real harry potter and his innocence.its really sweet!
smile
i agree em. Now that we've gone through the second one, lets go to the third one.

p. 162-63

The door banged open. Hermione came tearing into the room, her cheeks flushed and her hair flying. There was an envelope in her hand.
"Did you -- did you get -- ?"

She spotted the badge in Harry's hand and let out a shriek.

"I knew it!" she said excitedly, brandishing her letter. "Me too, Harry, me too!"

"No," said Harry quickly, pushing the badge back into Ron's hand. "It's Ron, not me."

"It -- what?"

"Ron's prefect, not me," Harry said.

"Ron?" said Hermione, her jaw dropping. "But...are you sure? I mean --"

She turned red as Ron looked around at her with a defiant expression on his face.

"It's my name on the letter," he said.

"I..." said Hermione, looking thoroughly bewildered. "I...well...wow! Well done, Ron! That's really --"

"Unexpected," said George, nodding.

"No," said Hermione, blushing harder than ever, "no, it's not...Ron's done loads of...he's really..."

The door behind her opened a little wider and and Mrs. Weasley backed into the room carrying a pile of freshly laundered robes."

Very interesting, to say the least. We see in this scene, that Hermione, without a doubt, believed that Harry would be the one to get the badge. She shrieked when she found out, and she had a very difficult time stringing two words together when she found out it was Ron instead.
As The Blood Hound Gang would say, 'more tongue in cheek than a...', well, this is a family-friendly site so BHG references are out of the question, but you get what I mean.

They say that you 'think highly of the person that you love'. Now I could easily turn this into an anti-R/Hr moment, but I won't - that's not what this essay is all about. What it is about is that Hermione believed that Harry would get the badge without question, and was stunned speechless when she was wrong.

Hermione could not come up with a good reason for Ron to be prefect, and was luckily (by JKR's design, obviously) saved from further embarrassment by Mrs. Weasley entering the room.

As Harry deduces later though, what has he done, academically, that Ron has not? Have they both not showed true leadership? We know they get the same grades - why? Because they get their answers from the same place - Hermione. Through all the debacle, few realized that Ron deserved that badge just as much as Harry did; it's just the fact that he (Harry) is the one with all the adventures that gets in the way.

Only three people really knew though (in that room) that Harry and Ron were on equal footing for that badge. The trio themselves, and yet, Hermione was still dumbfounded that Harry didn't get it.

The mouth speaketh what the heart thinketh indeed.

smile
What do you guys think of this one? I liked this one.
smile
This tells clearly what place she has given in her mind for Harry and Ron. And this is exactly why Ron dosent deserve Hermione. Ron is eternally foreshadowed by his friends and family and he need soemone who will make him seem specail. Someone who will think the world about him. Someone who wont degrade him. And that is where Luna comes into the equation. Thats why I ship Ron/Luna and Harry/Hermione.
smile
Exactly Em!! Ron really needs someone who will both not judge him for the things he can't do and will think highly of him for the things he can. Luna is exactly the right person for this. Hermione, while not judgemental or anything, would be a constant reminder of how brilliant she is and how brilliant Ron's not. Eventually all Ron would feel is inferior to her and all Hermione would feel is that Ron is self pitying.

But in regards to this passage, lol, again, not exactly a Harmony moment, but it really establishs how Hermione positions both Harry and Ron in her mind, like Em said. Naturally this is not a knock on Ron on Hermione's part, but her surprise at his getting Prefect stems from Ron's overall laziness, and there is no denying that he is. The difference between him and Harry in this case is motivation. Ron could care less about school work or responsibility, he really just wants to have fun. Harry on the other hand, he cares about his school work, but has so much exterior responisbility that who on earth would he have the time to keep up??

Hermione knows the difference between them, and knows that academic and responsibility wise, Harry would be superior if it weren't for all the extra crap he has to deal with. When it comes down to it, Prefect is all about responsibility, and Ron's track record in responsibility is practically none existent. Harry's however is through the roof, so much so that being Prefect may have served as too much for him to take on. But in considering which of her friends would get the position, outside responsibility or not, Harry was the one she was expecting get Prefect, because she knew he could and would handle the job accordingly. Ron, not so much, hence her shock and stupification at finding out who really got it.

I like this because it just shows how much Harry and Hermione are on the same level, even in Hermione's own mind. You would think that that would be enough to realize how compatible and practically flawless they are together. So I guess by the end of things it sort of does translate into a Harmony moment, if only because we see that she realizes the distinct differences between her friends and the distinct similarities between herself and Harry.
smile
Yup, this shows that she has a higher opinion of Harry compared to Ron. She was so happy when the thought that Harry and her were goona serve as prefects together. She was speech/shocked when she found out it was gonna be Ron and her instead. She did'nt seem at all happy about it. Let go to the fourth one. This time i'll put a few scenes together that translate the same meaning.
smile
p. 165

"For some reason, Harry found that he did not want to look at Hermione. He turned to his bed, picked up the pile of clean robes Mrs. Weasley had laid upon it, and crossed the room to his trunk.
"Harry?" said Hermione tentatively.

"Well done," said Harry, so heartily that it did not sound like his voice at all, and still not looking at her. "Brilliant. Prefect. Great."

Another small scene. Harry doesn't want to look at Hermione, and he doesn't know why. What is it? Jealousy? No, else he would have said something about it somewhere in the page-long internal battle that followed this scene. It must have been something else - he was jealous of Ron, but not of Hermione.

Personally, I feel that the reason he does not know is that he feels bad to let Hermione down. This cannot be concluded from this one scene alone, but it is a logical conclusion after looking at the book as a whole; there are other moments much like this one.

p. 309

Harry realized that Hermione was looking sideways to see what grade he had received; he slid his moonstone essay back into his bag as quickly as possible, feeling that he would rather keep that information private.
Yet another small scene that shows Harry subconsciously does not want to disappoint Hermione.

p. 311

Harry laughed again, though he was not sure whether or not George was joking. He imagined trying to conceal from Hermione that he had received T's in all his O.W.L.s and immediately resolved to work harder from now on.
Here is where us and Good Shippers have our major differences. Any person from the R/Hr ship would say this is Harry being afraid of Hermione's nagging. Of cours,e Ron hated her nagging just as much if not more...but that's not for this essay.

I, as well as most others of my ship, see this as Hermione making Harry a better person. He doesn't want to disappoint Hermione, so he therefore decides to work harder. This goes with the idea of Harry and Hermione completing one another, derived originally from the first books chess game symbolism.