Harry and Hermione Harry and......?

emilykuru posted on Apr 02, 2011 at 12:51PM
so this is basically a forum for some people who want to debate against harmony. and guys, since this is a debate forum, u've got rights to debate! so have fun and enjoy defending your fav couple!
it will mostly be this -

harry and hermione
harry and ginny
harry and luna or perhaps
harry and cho?

you can also take it as a fun spot to just discuss maybe?i dont know! but go on and have fun!
last edited on Apr 02, 2011 at 12:53PM

Harry and Hermione 191 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 191

over a year ago emilykuru said…
big smile
^Right said! thnkx for telling it just as I would have wished to!!!

Yeah, we r hardcore Harmonians!!!
over a year ago OnlyHarmioneHJP said…
smile
^ I took the liberty of speaking for the both of us, lol. I was confident that we would say the same thing... because we usually do, lol
over a year ago MissKnowItAll said…
Cool. Personally, I like Harry with Luna or Ginny. :)

It's like you say, everyone sees it differently. I think he needs someone who's less serious in his life, like Ginny or Luna. :)
over a year ago LUNAFAN said…
wink
Hey everyone :) I'm sorry I'm late coming in here!
^ No problem. We're just getting started. :D
smile
^ Yeah, it's a brand new round!

That's cool. I can see where you're coming from with Luna. Harry's got so much craziness going on in his life all the time that he needs moments at times where he just doesn't need to think. When he can go to a fantasy place, and we all know Luna is perfect for that. I personally see Luna with Ron though. Some people say that that's random, but hear me out...

Ron is constantly searching for something to make him stand out. In his mind he's got so much competition to go up against - his family is notorious for being broke, his brothers are the famous Weasley twins, he's the LAST of 6 boys, his best friends are the MOST POWERFUL, FAMOUS AND SMARTEST wizards of his generation, and what is Ron? He's not very powerful or coordinated and isn't great at sports, but he tries and tries and tries so he can carve out a niche for himself that will allow him to feel accomplished and important.

This is where Luna comes in. Of anyone in this world, Luna is the one person who is 100% about being yourself. She doesn't try to do anything to look good to other people or to fit in. I think that the two of them being together would be a good influence on both of them. Luna would learn to be a little down to earth (as in not orbiting the planets) and Ron would learn to be content with himself, and not go around trying to seek approval from other people to feel like he matters.

That's just my take on things of course!
smile
I actually think Ron and Luna could have made a cute couple, for the same reasons you put across. :)

So, Harmony fans, what is your opinion on Ron as a character. A lot of Harry/Hermione shippers I've met haven't liked him very much.
wink
^ I think Ron is great - except when he gets in the way of Harmione. On his own Ron is funny and well intentioned, and you know at the end of the day he's got your back. If things had turned out the way I'd hoped - Harry with Hermione and Ron with Luna (or anyone who's NOT Hermione), then I'd 100% adore him and would love to see the four of them on double dates and cute stuff like that. But since he gets in the way of Harmione, my like for him lowers. Harmione/Harmony is always first in my book, so if it comes between the trio and Harmony, then I'm kicking Ron to the curb. But if he we were to find someone else (Luna!!), then I would have a lot more interest in him being around.
last edited over a year ago
smile
^Yeah, just as u said, even I like Ron in his own personal way, but not when he pokes in middle of Harmony. Individually he is good - but in some parts i do feel he is annoying - but thats just a minor opinion and I like him - and just as u said and know,

I ship Ron-Luna too.Here r my ships for those who dont know it:

Harry/Hermione
Ron/Luna
Neville/Ginny

these r my ships!
Can I just say, I genuinely like you guys. You're so enthusiastic about everything. :D It's refreshing.

I love Ron. ♥ Like OnlyHarmione said, he is very loyal and sweet.

To get any questions of my shipping out of the way, here are mine:

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Luna
Neville/Ginny
laugh
^yeah we like u too! u r the first Romione fan who didnt snap at us for beign harmonians!
smile
^ Yeah, you're good ppls Miss. It's nice to have a civil conversation with a Romione fan who doesn't attack us or try to tell us we're wrong.

My ships are:

Harry/Hermione
Ron/Luna
Neville/Ginny

just like emilykuru - you no, because we're the same person, lol

and thanks! we really are enthusiastic about our Harmony. It's a passion, just as I'm sure you're passionate about Romione.
big smile
Ok all introductions aside, let me come to the point:

You have said He needs someone less serious

We see in Deathly Hallows Dumbledore telling – “I am afraid I counted on Miss Granger to slow you up.”

Now this is the best point which shows that Harry needs Hermione. People tell that she is too serious for him - but think of what will happen if she is not with him? Dumbledore counted on her – knew that she is one person who can control Harry. Harry is this kind of person who jumps to conclusions.He does not think twice before he leaps.He is that kind of person who needs someone with him who can make him see sense – and for that he needs Hermione.Ginny can make him laugh – but she cant make him see sense. She blindly agrees to what he says – many people think that she is the type for him but imagine what will happen if there is no Hermione by Harry’s side to help him make decisions in life? Think!
I am sure everyone will accept that Dumbledore’s decisions never go wrong. Harry needs Hermione. He has faced so much in his life and Hermione is the person who can show him (not simply tell him) how to handle life – In Gof when everyone makes fun of Harry and Hermione :

Hermione had come in for her fair share of unpleasantness too, but she hadnt started yelling at innocent bystanders, in fact, Harry was full of admiration for the way she was handling the situation.

“Stunningly pretty?Her?”shreiked Pansy Parkinson. “What was he judging agaisnt – a chipmunk?”

“Ignore it!” she told.

Now judge this against Ginny in HBP, in the slug club chapter:

"Of course," said Slughorn, watching Harry closely, "there have been rumors for years... I remember when … well … after that terrible night … Lily … James … and you survived … and the word was that you must have powers beyond the ordinary …"
Zabini gave a tiny little cough that was clearly supposed to indicate amused skepticism. An angry voice burst out from behindSlughorn.
"Yeah, Zabini, because you're so talented... at posing..." – Ginny

See! See the difference? Harry needs a person who does not magnify his stupidity and make all the wrong things he does to look good. Harry flares up for every single thing and Ginny does the same too. Fire and fire don’t go well together. Harry needs water (Hermione) to neutralize his life – not someone like Ginny.He needs a person who can show him the practical way - like Hermione who can show him the right way of handling life!

there u go...this is my defence for Harmony on that matter! :)

Hmmm...

I agree that Harry really needs Hermione. She neutralises him, as you say, and helps him see sense.
However, he has Ron and Hermione as his best friends because they fulfill what he needs. Ron is funny, calm and someone to goof around with, Hermione is more serious and composed. They work well in this respect.

However, we see throughout the books that, when it comes to romantic relationships, Harry places a large value upon having fun. He says that, when picturing a time when he was with Cho, she was 'enjoying herslef'. His best memories with Ginny are of the two of them relaxing and enjoying themselves.

When left alone with Hermione, he doesn't have as much fun. He says once that, after spending a large amount of time with Hermione, he his voice had gone hoarse from lack of conversation.

In some cases, he avoids having to spend time alone with her. For example, declining her offer to knit house elf hats.

There you go. My rebuttal. :)
smile
The way I see it, because Hermione is so on point all the time, it's hard for her to let loose and have fun. We usually aren't able to see Harry and Hermione having fun together, because when are they ever in a situation where that can happen? Majority of the time when they've been alone, they're always on some crazy mission, usually to protect Harry (time traveling in PoA, with Umbridge in the Forbidden Forest in OotP, on their journey sans Ron in DH). But the moments when they are alone, it is more than clear how comfortable and relaxed they are with each other. Take the exchange in the library when Harry needs a date to Slughorn's party - she thwaps him on the head when he says he's the Chosen One (which is a VERY wifely move btw); at Slughorn's party when they're talking behind the curtain; when Harry comforts her after Ron has kissed Lavender; and we can't forget the dance scene of perfection in DH!!

So in regards to the two of them not having fun together, it's really not fair to say. First, they never really get the chance to be alone, just the two of them, in a situation where they can have fun, and second, when they do finally manage to get that time, they actually do manage to take some advantage. So it's really not a matter of Harry doesn't want to spend time with her or doesn't have fun with her - it's a matter of the majority of their personal interactions are forced to be about business, with her helping him through whatever he's going through - ANOTHER example of how she's the only one that can help him in that way.

I do believe that were there a chance for things to have gone differently, they two of them together would match up seemlessly in regards to balancing seriousness and fun. What I mean is, in their spending time together, Harry would have gotten Hermione to loosen up and have fun more, and Harry would learn to be serious at the appropriate times. Even exchange. And while many may argue that this is what happens with Romione, it's obvious to me that this is not the case because they are too far apart in differences. Ron is much too about having fun and isn't easily wrangled into seriousness, and Hermione is far too serious to deal with that level of (for lack of a better word) immaturity. It's too much of an extreme. Harmione however, is a great balance of the two.
laugh
^Yeah Harmony is a balance - we dont get to see tehm both have fun because JKR never meant them to be! LOL! Now what if she hadnt chosen Romione and she had went for Harmony? There are loads of things which can happen to Harry and Hermione then - they can have fun together - but then u cant see that because right then Harry is running for his life and he confides everythign with Hermione more than with Ginny. Hermione need not wait for Harry to tell - she understands him in and out (plaing the wreath for his parents)! :)
All true. But Harry needs someone who balances out the best qualities of Ron and Hermione. Ginny makes him laugh, and is the one who get's him to leave Dumbledore's body. Luna also really understands him. They have a deep bond that isn't there with Hermione.
I do agree that Harry and Luna have a relationship that differs from his with Hermione, or anyone for that matter. I feel like Ron is his boy, to talk about chess and sports and girls with. Hermione is his girl, who protects and looks out for him, always putting him first. Luna is that friend that he can go to for the honest truth. She won't bulls*** him - she tells it like it is.

His best friends are great, but with Ron there's the "idol" bias, where there's always part of Ron that will tell Harry he's the greatest and the best, simply because he's Harry Potter and he looks up to him. With Hermione, there's the "protective" bias, where there's alway part of her that can't help but say or do whatever will keep Harry safe. With Luna, there's none of that. She and Harry have bonded over things that Harry just can't bond with Hermione (or Ron) over. Not because they weren't there, because they haven't seen the things that Luna or Harry have seen.

Because both Luna and Harry have seen death, they literally see things that other people can't (except Neville, but they make no mention of this in the movie). Thier friendship develops at a crutial time for Harry, when he feels as though he is being shut out and seen as crazy by the people he normally turns to. So yes, I do think that the bond that Luna and Harry have is unique and greatly different from his bond with Hermione.

However, what is lacking from Harry's relationship with Luna is clear and obvious sexual tension. Now I don't simply mean this in the most literal sense - I mean that there isn't any evident potential for something more between them. There are no looks, no comments, no touches or unspoken understandings between Luna and Harry that lead one to think that they could be more. Naturally by your standards you believe that there could be something there, but in the way that I personally analyze the situation, I don't see anything that points to any kind of romantic relationship between them. They are great friends and there is a bond there, no doubt, but friends is where it ends for me.
As far as Ginny goes, where do I start. Now don't get me wrong. I don't COMPLETELY hate Ginny. I just immensely dislike the fact that in the blink of an eye we're all supposed to believe that she and Harry we're made for each other and this was how things were supposed to happen. Setting aside the fact that I can't stand them together, I'm sure that even you can back me up when I say that there was ABSOLUTELY NO evidence of this coming ANYWHERE in the series until HBP. ABSOLUTELY NONE!! (10 yr old crushes don't count.) And therefore, how can we be expected to just accept this occurrence as if it were some natural progression? I mean, I don't like Romione, but at least I wasn't blindsided by their coupling because there were clues throughout the novels. Dislike them or not, I can't say that Romione doesn't make sense on the most basic level, because I knew it was coming. Didn't want it to come, but I knew. Harry and Ginny however, to me, is nonsense. Now believe me, I mean no disrespect, as I am sure you have your reasons, but from my perspective, it is just not there.

I've heard so many people talk about how Harry and Ginny have a good time together and Ginny is the only person who does this and all this other stuff, but exactly WHERE does this stuff come up, because I sure don't remember reading or seeing it. It could be that my bias mind filtered it out, but I honestly do not know where any of these reasonings are coming from. As far as Ginny herself, I dislike her in the same context as Ron - when she gets in the way of Harmione. To be quite honest, I never really cared about her outside of the relationships either. When I loved her the most is when she attended the Yule Ball with Neville, probably because that is who I ship her with. Other than that, I find her more irritating than anything else. But my feelings for her aside, I still fail to see where she and Harry fit together. It's rushed and awkward, and makes me feel a bit offended that JKR would think intellegent and loyal readers such as ourselves would be seduced by their random pairing.
On the topic of Luna, I think...How can I phrase this?

Her relationship with Harry, in the books at least, isn't romantic. But I feel the potential for it to have developed is huge. They have such a deep bond, and in a way I feel that they don't need all that stuff. I can't quite put it into words. :|

With Ginny, I agree. I think they always had a good friendship, and I think it works after they started dating. I agree that we were blind sided with it, and perhaps there could have been more development. However, I personally feel he has a better romantic relationship with her than he could have had with someone like Hermione.
smile
^ Understandable. I mean it's all about interpretation. The things that you see are different from the things that I or Em would see (I can say that because we share that same brain, lol).

What kinds of instances make you think that Harry would be good with someone like Luna or Ginny? I could rattle off a TON of things for Harmione, but I'm interested in trying to see how you're interpreting things. So what moments convince you of these pairings?
smile
^surely u can count on me to thik the same way,lol!

And yes, it is our way of interpreting and thats why I think that Harry and Hermione will work better. Havw you heard what JKR once said?

"I tried hard to soften it I suppose.Just because someone had a feeling about harmony doesnt mean that they are entirely....."

Jo here agrees herself that she tried to soften it. Harry had Hermione would be perfect for each other - but JKR tried hard to subdue it.I hope u understand. She wanted to clearly block it and thats why she made it look like they wouldnt have the best time together - But in reality they will! I have another first class proof for it : Read my article called : "SOLID PROOF TO SHOW THAT H/Hr IS REALISTIC AND NOT R/Hr"

Just like OnlyHarmioneHJP asked I will be interesred to see what moments convince you of Harry/Ginny. :)
I agree that it is all down to interpretation. As to your question:

Ginny/Harry

Although I will concede that devlopment could have been better etc, I think these two have a genuine relationship. Ginny was possessed by Voldemort. That gives her a strong understanding of what Harry has gone through. Aside from Ron, she is the only person who can fully relate to Harry's feeling of confusion and isolation that comes with having a connection to the Dark Lord.

In addition, she has a similair personality. They both enjoy joking, have a less than serious outlook on life, are quite tempermental.

I feel as if they need each other. Harry needs someone who gets him. She knows what he needs, she knows how to make him feel better. They have a very strong bond.

Luna

As with Ginny, her and Harry have gone through the same kind of things. I think that is what Harry needs- someone who can completely understand. Luna won't pester him to tell her details, she won't make him focus on the hard stuff in life. Her and Harry would have had such a calm, fulfilling relationship, which would have contrasted perfectly to the tumult in Harry's life.

The best I could do. :)
smile
Ok, I guess I can understand the whole possessed by Voldemort thing, but no one but Harry will fully understand what Harry went through. She may have been possessed for a bit, but Hermione has been by his side for every journey he's had to go on (except when she was petrified). This is just as important, but neither will ever really know the dramatic loss and devestation Harry has been forced to go through.

In regards to she and Harry having similar personalities, I don't even recall experiencing Ginny's personality to the extent that it can be compared to anyone's, let alone Harry's. I mean, maybe I wasn't paying attention because I don't care, but before HBP (and even after) she barely makes her presence known. Sure she takes a greater role in that she is Harry's love interest (yuck), but there still isn't any real focus on her and who she is. I keep hearing that they laugh together and all this stuff, but where in the book is this pointed out? Admittedly it's been a while since I read the series, so I would need some help with actual quotes, but I can remember overview and this is not something I recall.

As for Luna, like I said I can see some potential on some levels, but I don't think that they have a well-rounded enough bond for them to enter into a romantic relationship. With them it comes off as they only connect over one or two things, but then the rest of the time it's somewhat awkward. I like the idea of these two much better than Harry and Ginny, but I struggle with it just the same.
smile
With the whole possessed by Voldemort thing, what I was getting at was that Ginny is probably one of the only people who can relate to the temptation of the Dark Side he feels constantly. She has been there and back. :)

I understand what you mean. But, from the things we have seen of Ginny, we can tell that she is passionate, fun loving and determined. Quotes like 'Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve' show this. I would bring up more, but I'm posting from a different location and don't have access to my books right now.

Hmmm. I guess this is one of those instances where we can agree or disagree, but, when it comes to Harry and Luna, we just have to accept different interpretations.

I think that they do have a strong enough bond, and that bond has only developed in one or two years. Over time, I think they could have developed one of the strongest relationships. :)
smile
Agreeing to disagree is cool. I mean like we said, it's all about interpretation. It's unlikely that either of us is going to fully see what it is that the other is seeing, because we have two different perspectives and two different thought processes. Just the same, it's good to be able to express our reasonings for our thinking to at least gain some sort of mutual respect for each other's views. While I may not like a certain ship or fully understand, I have 100% respect for your reasons for liking them and appreciate you not knocking me or any of us for our ships.
over a year ago Harmony_234 said…
Harry and Hermione of course.
smile
^ ur joining us in the debate too?
smile
And just as OnlyHarmioneHJP said - ofcourse we have a different view on things and thats what keeps us supporting respective ships.

My first ship for Harry will be Hermione
My second ship is Luna (I see some bond there - more stronger than Ginny)
^ Oh I agree. If I was forced to deviate from Harmione, Luna would definitely be next in line. Like Miss pointed out and I agree, there is some potential there. Besides, anything is better than Harry and Ginny in my book.
Awesomesauce. :D I respect your guys' opinions too. :)

Are we taking this debate further?
big smile
^ Sidebar: Did you really just say AWESOMESAUCE!!!! I say that all the time!! lol. Heard it from this guy at work... Love it!!!

And yeah, I'm game to go further...
smile
Yeah we'll go further... :)
big smile
Excited!!
heart
Whoo! What shall we discuss? *is out of ideas*
smile
^Well, lets talk about potential scenes (from books) about them.Compare them maybe? Orelse how about OnlyHarmioneHJP or u deciding? :)
laugh
Well you always come up with the best topics Em, lol. I'd need help with book specifics, as it's been a good while since I've read the books. Scenes that I can think of off the top of my head that have always stood out for me are scenes where Harmony is not even together.

I love when Krum is questioning Harry in GoF about his relationship with Hermione, and how she talks about him all the time. I also love in OotP when Harry is on his date with Cho and she gets jealous over his wanting to leave and meet up with Hermione. For me, it just shows that even other people sense the connection that they have. It always seems that they're (Harmony) constantly having to deflect the fact that they're not in a relationship, which raises the notion - it's probably just them that doesn't get it!!
smile
It's been a while since I read the books too...

Shall I debate those scenes, or bring my fave Romione scenes into this?

The idea that the two of them don't get it is intersting. But I think that people thinking they're together doesn't mean they have to be. Me and my friends act like couples a lot, and it has been questioned by others, but I don't have romantic feelings for any.

Just my take on the matter. :)
^ That's understandable. However, I think there is a difference between acting like a couple but not really being one and doing couple-like things that you don't even notice. I mean, if you're so comfortable with one another that you do couple things without even noticing (that other people DO notice), then perhaps you're missing something. I mean, I'm not saying that automatically makes you a couple - I'm saying that if you're doing those things without noticing, then there's a high possibility that you're not noticing other things as well.
smile
^Thats right. Rita skeeter,Ron,Krum,Colin,Parvati and many people thought that they were a couple. One or two can go wrong but how can so many people be wrong. Then this shows that the majority are right and harry and hermione are wrong in thinking they dont have feelings for each other. They dont realise it - thats what I think. Not many in the story ever think Ron and Hermione loved each other. So I think the thing is they were in love but they nevr realised it.
big smile
To be honest, this brings up and even broader point. I think something that has already started to be realized is the fact that there is a high likelihood that most of Hogwarts (students, teachers, ghosts and portraits included) probably either thinks Harmony is together, or thinks they will eventually get together.

As mentioned, we already have a list of people who have commented on them - Rita, Krum, Cho, apparently Colin and Parvarti, Dumbledore in the film, and of course there is Ron, whose obvious suspicion is stated both verbally and via horcrux manifestation. If all of these people suspect something, there are undoubtedly more who feel and think the same way. The rest of the inner circle must have some thoughts (Neville, Luna, Dean and Seamus), and if Ron has a hunch, Ginny probably does as well. Not to mention gossipy characters such as Lavander and the Patil twins (Padma, since Pavarti was already mentioned) as well as other extraneous people in the school.

If all these people are picking up on something, then obviously something is there that they are not realizing. Now, I'm not saying that just because other people may THINK they're a match that that makes them a couple - I'm saying that if THAT many people think they are a good match, then there is no denying that there is clear potential there. The point is, many people are probably expecting something to occur between Harmony. Everyone was probably just as blindsided as we were by Romione and Garry. Nothing occuring on the outside would have given them clues into these pairings happening. As the audience we got hints to Romione based on JKR's crappy notion of romance, but as students in the school with them, they probably had no clue.

On another note linked to this, I want to comment on the reasoning behind Harmony's subliminal coupling. Like we said, they are always doing couple things that go unnoticed to them. I believe that this follows the pattern of best friends who inevitably fall for one another. As a Harmione shipper, of course we think this is the case, but universally it fits as well. Generally when best friends fall for each other, it is a slowly evolving thing. They're super close and act like a couple, but don't realize it - sound familar? Additionally, when best friends fall for each other, it's one of those cases where your dormant feelings suddenly thwap you on the head and you realize that what you want has been there all along. These feelings are usually jolted awake by a change in the relationship dynamic (like if one friend starts dating someone and the other gets jealous) or when an existing relationship falters and they are finally able to see the good qualities in the person who's been there all along. Harmony would likely be the latter (based on canon) because once realizing how wrong they are with Ron and Ginny, they would see the best qualities in each other.

This may be a bit rambly, lol, but all the thoughts we coming at once and I just had to get them down. If any explanation is needed, just let me know!
smile
^I understand! Thats what I said. So many people dont think they love each other for no reason.The potential is there. It would have been splendid if JKR had chose them.
big smile
I think so as well, but I also can't help but think that had things gone our way, we'd probably sound just like ignorant Romione and Garry shippers (not you of course, Miss =D) and would be claiming, "Well Harmony is in the book, so it doesn't matter" lol
smile
^ Thanks. :)

I understand what you're saying. However, I don't think some of those people have 'valid' (for lack of a better word) opinions:

Rita- Wants a good story
Krum/Cho/Ron/Ginny (to an extent)- Jealousy
Parvati/Lavender/gossip mongers: Much like Rita, they want someone to talk about, and take the oppurtunity, despite knowing very little.

I will say that people like Luna and Neville may have picked on something genuine. They are in the Inner Circle. Still, this doesn't discount the feeling between Ron and Hermione that had been developing for years. :)
over a year ago Pensieve_Seeker said…
MissKnowItAll--You stated "Krum/Cho/Ron/Ginny (to an extent)- Jealousy"

I think Krum was making sure he wasn't going to be encroaching on another guy's girl.
"You haff never...you haff not..."
"No," said Harry very firmly. (GoF, pg 553)
If Harry had been less than honest, then JKR would have indicated it in writing just as she had with the other times when he wasn't being truthful.
As far as Cho is concerned, I saw her as being insecure. I have two friends, Molly and Bob, who have been good platonic friends for years. Bob was dating this girl (wound up marrying her) and Molly told me this girl was jealous of her. Some girls can't handle their boyfriend having a close friendship with another girl.
smile
Miss, I def see what you're saying. Some people's opinions, like Rita and the gossip girls, don't rate as high as other's would. And yeah, they probably are just talking for talking's sake, simply looking for a form of entertainment. But my point is, why talk about them?? Sure it's Harry Potter and he's the most interesting thing anyone around there can think of, but why make something out of nothing if they are "just friends?"

Of course the most interesting stories come from things that don't make any sense whatsoever, but they also come from pieces of the truth. Rita Skeeter wouldn't risk her "career" on making up totally untrue junk about Harry Potter unless she got it from something truthful. In journalism even fabricated stories start from something real. In regards to the gossip girls, they would essentially be doing the same thing - blowing up something into a bigger deal than it is by seeing something small. Harry and Hermione's obvious closeness would be the catalyst for both of these cases because thier relationship would plant the seed of exaggeration into Rita and the girls' heads.

In regards to Krum/Cho/Ginny/Ron and their jealousy, this is perhaps the best example of a valid opinion because they are reacting to what they are interpreting. What other reason would there be for them to be jealous unless there was something there to be jealous of? And the fact that all three of them (Ginny excluded because we're just assuming she may have been jealous at one point) feel this way shows that there is something there. Can they all really be overracting?

So basically I agree that Rita and the girls' opinions may not be as influencial because they've been exaggerated, but that doesn't mean that what they're exaggerating doesn't come from something real. If Harry and Hermione we're really the completely platonic friends that non-shippers claim they are, then there would be no reason for anyone to be talking about them. They probably would have just found out about Harry's thing for Cho and jumped on that instead. And as for the others' jealousy, why else do people get jealous unless they suspect something is going on? If there's nothing happening, then there is no reason to be jealous, and if there is, then jealousy is the most valid response.

Also, I'm def not saying that there's not feelings between Romione - that's more than obvious. I'm simply saying that:

a) There are likely feelings between Harmony that they just haven't realized (which is made clear by bother JKR's statement that "it could have gone that way" and the dance scene in DH1)

and

b) There are obvious reasons that Romione and Garry wouldn't work that others fail to realize

Like you agreed, Luna and Neville probably have the best perspective on the matter as they (based on canon) do no have any romantic involvement in the situation, so I think that were we to have an understanding of what they thought, there'd be more evidence in favor of Harmony.
emilykuru--You stated "Ginny can make him laugh – but she cant make him see sense. She blindly agrees to what he says – many people think that she is the type for him but imagine what will happen if there is no Hermione by Harry’s side to help him make decisions in life? Think!"

I would like for you to please provide proof of all the times Ginny has blindly agreed to whatever Harry has said.

You also said "See! See the difference? Harry needs a person who does not magnify his stupidity and make all the wrong things he does to look good."

How is Ginny's taking a dig at Blaise Zabini magnifying Harry's stupidity?
And to Pensieve, your story only adds to my point. Naturally I don't claim to know anything about your friends, but from what you stated, clearly Bob's girlfriend was jealous of Molly because she felt threatened. Yes, insecurity has a lot to do with it, but it also has to do with the closeness of Bob and Molly. The girlfriend would have absolutely no reason to be jealous of Bob and Molly unless she sensed/saw something more. Now this is not to say that she thinks they are together or saw them doing something. It merely means that Bob and Molly are doing something that they are unaware of. It's obviously not intentional, but it happens because that's the kind of relationship they have. The exact same thing goes for Harmony. They do things that they are unaware of that other people pick up on. In Harmony's case specifically, it can be interpreted that there is something going on that they are not realizing. In the case of your friends, because you know them better and can say for sure, obviously they are just friends and nothing more. The point is, it is important to realize that the situation can go either way. You know your friends, and you know that they are just friends. But with Harmony, because of what the audience knows, we know that there is potentially something more there.
@Pensieve_Seeker - Ginny is a temperamental sort of person and Harry is the guy who starts shouting madly at people whenever his anger reaches the breaking point. And for just a silly comment Ginny starts fighting with Zabini and I say that this type of a person will only add fuel to the flame. So basically they cant have a good relationship in reality. keyword - REALITY.
Well, well, well. Speaking of starting fights, looks like you forgot about the time in PoA when Malfoy was taking a dig at Hagrid and Hermione ran up to him and slapped him in the face (pg 293).