Harry and Hermione Harmony fans!

emilykuru posted on Feb 16, 2011 at 05:07AM
go and support harmony dear fans. i hope to come across many of ur views on harmony. and through this forum i hope to pick up new frnds who r harmony fans just like me!
we can share our views on harmony here!
save

Harry and Hermione 214 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 214

over a year ago emilykuru said…
I'll try to post it asap. ut its not easy. Im 10th std and I have loads of holiday homewrok to do, but somehow I will fit it in!
over a year ago Tasha1993 said…
smile
I understand what u mean about school em. Schoolwork can be pretty time consuming. lol.
smile
yeah right.but i always try to fit harmony in,lol.
smile
Hey, i was just wondering. When i went to chennai, an aunty there(A family friend) told me that you guys have yr end of year school break from March to June. But u seem to still have school in May. Maybe i heard her wrong or something. Sorry, i was just curious. Hope you don't mind.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago OnlyHarmioneHJP said…
smile
I think we all know about school work. Luckily I'm about to graduate from college and have no more work in the forseeable future, lol. Unless I get into grad school. Anyway, I think we can all be understanding about the time crunch for writing, so no one should stress about rushing to get drafts out. I'm currently hunting for a better job, so a lot of my energy is going into that. Once we do have something, we can just post we we're ready.
smile
u came to chennai? wow! i live in chennai.

and about ur question - no it is holiday from Apri-May, but I had special classes at the end of April and hence all this home work. 10 and 12 are very important over here. hence this large amount of workload!
smile
Oh.I see:) Yup, i came to chennei in January for a couple of days. I'm an indian too actually.
WOW! but u r settled in Malaysia?
I was born in Malysia. My greatgrandparents/grandparents were one of the many Indians who settled in M'sia after they were brought by the British here before the WW2.
^whoah!! history! so u r in Malyasia but u have few relatives who are Indians?
lol:D(Did'nt mean to give the History lesson) Yup, my paternal grandfather has a brother whose family is in Thirunelvelli/Madurai and my maternal grandfather has brothers whose families are in Truvendrum, Kerela(excuse my spelling). Even my paternal grandmother's family is in India.
smile
oh!! i see...
smile
:)!
smile
Ok so anything new?
smile
Didn't want to interupt the cultural bonding, lol
big smile
lol. i did go out of topic there. Anything new. I have this one thing on my mind. People usually say that Harry and Ginny are like James and Lily but to me Harry and Hermione are like James and Lily. The only thing Ginny has in common with Lily is her red hair. Hermione is a lot like Lily in her personality. Both are smart, both are studious, both are muggle born, both are prefects, both don't tolerate bullying and unkindness, both don't play quidich, both are talented and personally i think Lily was a bookworm like Hermione. Lily's talent as a witch reminds me of Hermione's. If James who's like Harry fell for Lily who was like Hermione, it would have made more sense for Harry to fall for Hermione. What do you guys think?
smile
Yes and I have proof for that. wait a minute i'll give u the link to the page with my answer on that

link
big smile
Literally cut and paste everything you just said. I couldn't have come up with a better response myself. Couple that with what I also wrote on Em's link, and that's how I feel about the situation.

Also, I just finished reading a fanfic where the are a LOT of parallels between Hermione and Lily, as well as Harry and James. Every step of the way it makes total sense - Hermione is like Lily in every way. I'll have to share it with you guys once you are of age, lol.

And I am so sick of people who compare Ginny to Lily. Like you said, the only thing they have in common is red hair!! Please!! With the right colorist, Hermione could have red hair too, so don't gimme any of that crap!! lol
over a year ago Pensieve_Seeker said…
"I s'pose," said Harry. Luna was demonstrating her usual knack of speaking uncomfortable truths; he had never met anyone quite like her. "So have you had a good term?"
"Oh, it's been all right," said Luna. "A bit lonely without the D.A. Ginny's been nice, though. She stopped two boys in our Transfiguration class calling me 'Loony' the other day--" (HBP, pg 311)

So much for Ginny tolerating bullying.
^ And Ginny's defense of Harry comes into play where in this scenario??
smile
Also Em, have you read the fanfic we both were supposed to read. I haven't finished it myself - just asking where you are with it.
big smile
^ I didnt start it yet. its not opening. dunno whats the matter.

@Pensieve_Seeker - Hermione has defended Harry many times.
Hagrid and Neville too.
Really? It pops up fine for me. Here it is again - let me know what happens.

link
smile
@pensieve_seeker: So, she's not like Lily in other ways. If you compare Hermione and Ginny with Lily, Hermione is more like Lily compared to Ginny.
"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter?" said a voice Harry had no trouble recognizing. He straightened up and found himself face-to-face with Draco Malfoy, who was wearing his usual sneer.
"Famous Harry Potter," said Malfoy. "Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page."
"Leave him alone, he didn't want all that!" said Ginny. It was the first time she had spoken in front of Harry. She was glaring at Malfoy. (CoS, pg 61)
tongue
^ So what do you tell for this one?

OOTP : pg. 194

"Tell me, how does it feel being second-best to Weasley, Potter" he asked.
"Shut up, Malfoy," said Hermione sharply.

"I seem to have touched a nerve," said Malfoy, smirking. "Well, just watch yourself Potter, because I'll be dogging your footsteps in case you step out of line."

"Get out!" said Hermione, standing up.

Sniggering, Malfoy gave Harry one last malicious look and departed, Crabbe and Goyle lumbering in his wake. Hermione slammed the compartment door behind them and turned to look at Harry, who knew at once that she, like him, had registered what Malfoy had just said and was unnerved by it.

So if you think that what Ginny did is enough to make her his soulmate what do you tell for this better one?
Neither defense is better than the other.
over a year ago Harmony_234 said…
tongue
Okay Pensive_Seeker, that was a horrible defense, beat this one, Hermione is Mugle-born like Harry's mother and she is really smart like Harry's mother. Are you that ignorant not to freaking see it!!!!! 6th book page (70-71)
"Your mother was Muggle-born, of course. Couldn't believe it when i found out. Thought she must have been Pure-blood, she was so good."
"one of my best friends is Muggle-born," said Harry, "and she's the best in our year."
"Funny how that sometimes happens, isn't it?" Said slughorn
"Not really," said Harry coldly.
Slughorn looked down at him surprised, "You mustn't think im prejudiced..."

Come on, He brings up his mother and he thinks of Hermione. and then he thinks he's prejudice towards Hermione and his mom. I mean seriously. just because Ginny stuck up for him a few times is nothing! Look what Hermione gave up for harry. And emilykuru, good defense. :D
smile
^thanks for your defense too!You can call me Em :)
tongue
@Pensieve - Neither defense is better than the other? So you are implying that Hermione is as good a partner for Harry as Ginny is? Because until this point I thought that you disagreed that Hermione was not as good as Ginny and understands Harry better???? so either you take it back or have you become a Harmony supporter?
cool
In regards to that excerpt where Ginny comes to Harry's defense in CoS - WOW!!! One time!!! And it was the first time she ever said anything!!! Bet you anything she only responded because Malfoy was picking on Harry Potter the famous face, not Harry Potter the regular kid!! Look at the context that's being discussed!! And was Hermione even paying attention to say anything?? I'm sure had she been there she would have spoken up.

Hermione comes to Harry's defense every time because she cares for who he really is, not about his fame. As Em's example shows, as soon as Malfoy starts running his mouth, there she is. And to add to that, she and Harry share a moment afterward that only the two of them can appreciate and understand.

And regardless, Hermione is Lily's parallel when it comes down to her or Ginny. Red hair has nothing to do with anything and is the only similarity in Ginny's favor. Do we really have to keep repeating that??

Anyway, that's my two cents on what I've missed, lol
wink
And btw, LOVE THE ICON, Em, lol... it looks somewhat familiar *wink wink*
Harmony234--Harry's bringing up an example of someone he knows who is also Muggle-born. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And speaking of being ignorant not to freakin' see something..."And she [Hermione] thought you might take a bit more notice if I was a bit more--myself." (HBP, pg 647)
@emilykuru--Neither defense in and of itself is better than the other. And the day I become a Harmony supporter is the day when I suffer a serious brain injury and have lost all rational thought and cognitive functioning.
wink
@OnlyHarmioneHJP - Yeah, nice icon isnt it? I got it from my BEST FRIEND over here. I think you know who it is *wink* LOL!!!!
monkey
@Pensieve - The day you become a Harmony supporter is the day when you suffer a brain injury? Here was I thinking all this time that all you said had happened already!

Then wat did you mean by Neither ....????
big smile
@emilykuru - well, clearly you and she have FANTASTIC taste!!!
over a year ago Susy22 said…
laugh
I think Harmony_234 was making a point that Harry was comparing Hermione and his mom. To prove that Lily is more like Hermione not Ginny. and so what Hermione gave her advice that is how Hermione is. Just because she gave her stupid advice doesnt mean they couldn't still hook up in DH! I know they didn't but still they could have even JKR said that they couldve been together and the directors basically scream they went Hermione and Harry together. She didn't need to change for harry to be close to her. Ginny did because her fan love for harry. She doesnt even know the real harry she never seen what he's been through. Hermione actually helps him and sees Harry for more than his fame. Oh and Harmony fans read between the lines we watch for the smallest details in the books and movies. maybe you should try it some time. Not everything is black and white. Im new but i do need to blow some steam off why not on anti- Harry and Hermione.
smile
welcome to the forum susy22. Nice to meet another Harmonian. pensieve_seeker, this discussion is about who's more like Lily. Are you really saying that Ginny is more like Lily compared to Hermione?
smile
Yeah welcome SUsy!
wink
@OnlyHarmioneHJP - yeah she and I have the same taste,same way of thinking,same preferences, and best choices,lol!
over a year ago Susy22 said…
blush
thank you Tasha1993 and emilykuru. and Tasha supposingly she is because she has red hair. (blah) ginny gets on my nerves shes to unfit for harry. Harry needs a strongheaded women who will put him in his place when he is thinking rash and someone who will never walk away and loves him for who he is not fan girl and that is hermione.
big smile
^ Absolutely!! Nicely said Susy!! And again, welcome aboard!! One more Harmionian strong!!!
laugh
Well said Sussy!!!!
mischievous
Hello frnds. go to this page.

link

Funny how the Romionians and Harinnians love to come here and bash us but is we jsut tell our opinion in a polite way they bite back? Go see this interesting argument.
So true. I mean, it's 100% hypocritical for them to be fussing over us coming over there to refute them when they do the same thing to us!! They can dish it out but the can't take it - it's WEAK!! Anyway, I don't waste my time with it, which I why I will NEVER bring myself to join their clubs.
^Yeah, I wanted to show them how it is for us - and seems they think it is us who start everything!
crying
And guys! im going out of station and wont be back until tuesday. so plz excuse me! I've added soem articles in this club. read them and I hope u enjoy it. Until I see you again - Bye guys! ;)
big smile
Later Gator!! No worries - you'll be back soon!!
big smile
bye!