Harry and Hermione Harmony fans!

emilykuru posted on Feb 16, 2011 at 05:07AM
go and support harmony dear fans. i hope to come across many of ur views on harmony. and through this forum i hope to pick up new frnds who r harmony fans just like me!
we can share our views on harmony here!

Harry and Hermione 214 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 214

over a year ago OnlyHarmioneHJP said…
sure no prob!
over a year ago emilykuru said…
^ ok now what about the chapters? shall I have all the chapters just as in the book 9dont worry, I'll be sure to add hints for harmony in them) or shall I write only the harmony full chapters?

I think writing it whole will give it a full look - you know, the main idea behind writing this is to ensure that harmony fans like me can have something like a book you know - to read, how harmony would have been if it had been chosen by JKR. so tell me your opinion.
So what do you think about my story idea?? I intend on making it an extensive story. A phantom 8th novel if you will that delves into life after Hogwarts and into their lives as adults. It won't just cover a year of course, there will be time lapses so it doesn't go on forever, lol. Any thoughts on what i could include in it??
last edited over a year ago
and btw, did you see me latest fanarts? seathly hallows dance and godric's hollow scene?

there are with the title:

You are the one whom I treasure the most
Yeah I understand. I'm striving for the same thing. I'm a writer anyway, so it's important to write a story that appeals not only to yourself but to the audience you're trying to reach. If you wanted to rework the existing novels into Harmony novels, I thinks that's a great idea. People would be able to read what they know but with the couple they always wanted. Or, if you want to do an original piece, that requires staying true to the original work so as to not turn the audience off. You want to to come off as though it could be another novel in the series, you no.
I haven't. I'll be sure to check them out and comment.
^ Ok! :) and thnks, I will write it more lke the original, but with harmony in it! just like we wish!
^ that sounds great!! so any ideas of what i could include in mine?
^ u r doing it from deathly hallows is it?
^ I'm doing it from after Deathly Hallows on. Keeping it all the same and creating my own Harmony compliant epilogue, if you will. As much as I hate the coupling, I feel it's my duty to stay true to JK out of respect at least that much. Not to say anything against your fanfic! I think it's great! It's just something I'm doing so I can have free reign over what I do with the characters without feeling like I'm butchering her work.
^ Do u think that I should really continue with my idea or what? or how about Half-blood-prince in Hermione's point of view? that will be interesting and just as you said -it wouldnt be like butchering her work.
Oh no! I never meant to imply that you were butchering her work at all!! My rationale was just my own thinking. I think your idea is great!! It's how things should have been, because honestly in this respect anyway, JK butchered her own work. If that's what you wanna write then write it.
^ dont worry - I meant it casually! ok so i'll continue?
and btw - u have to choose the topic for harmony pic contest round 2 as u are the winner! congrats!!!
smile
Thanks! I posted over there along with a new picture. It's a fun game!
smile
Oh, and I sent you a message in your inbox. Read it and let me know what you think.
^ i'll read it right away!
wink
saw it and I replyed too - u r really close but read the blanks carefully once again.

as for -harry/hermione I'm not gonna tell.find it!
smile
Omg, I'm so close to guessing that quote I can taste it, lol. Anyway, aren't we getting a little off topic for this page. We need a new conversation piece, lol
yeah! u decide it!
Idk. There's so much... What were we discussing before?
we were speaking of fanfictions! lol! and before that about fav scenes! u go on! i'll come back later and update - did u see my latest pics btw???how r they? i love all of them - i got them from a website!
Yeah, they're nice!

How about this --- don't you just love how everyone seems to notice Harmione EXCEPT for them??? This has been on my mind for some time now. Everyone sees it, yet ppl still maintain that the canon couples should be together. Ok, like in between the book and film, all these people sense something more - Cho, Viktor, Rita, Dumbledore, even Ron!! And probably more! Why have all these people comment on a more than friends relationship if there wasn't actually one there? I mean to go out of the way and include an observant Dumbledore comment on them in HBP -- DUMBLEDORE KNOWS EVERYTHING!! Therefore he knows Harmony even before they do!!

What are your thoughts, Em? Do you see it too?
^ yeah! I thought the same too! thats why I loved that fanart called -'I was just curious...'

Ron - Ron who is like a brother to harry even thinks something is between them! And harry's girlfriend cho is jealous of them too. And an International quidditch player like Krum doubts them too.

And although we know Rita is not a goody good person, yet she gets some news doesnt she? about Dumbledore... so even she finds the relationship between them to be more than just friends! Can these many people be wrong?

If you ask me who was wrong, it was JKR - she caused all this. she clouded her eyes and refused to look beyond what she planned and love cannot be planned, cannot be restricted can it?
^ Not at all. I think she just had blinders on. Every genius has SOME weakness, and this was clearly hers.
^ yeah, she shouldnt have set a boundary on it! and in an attempt to justify her mistake she called us harmonians delusional and asked us to re-read the books - unfortunately she wasnt clever enough to know that we had gotten past the Thick veil(the anvil sized way too obvious hints for Romione which were kiddish and unreal) that she placed in front of true love (Harmony). We harmonians have a lot of insight dont we?
we do. JKR said that harmonians r delusional? I can't believe that...
^yeah she did (not directly but she acknowledged what was said by an interviewer). u dont know all that??

that started many angry outbursts from Harmonians - she asked them to reread the books coz if they were shipping harmony,they definitely were wrong.

It is even said that once she made fun of Harmonians by doing this: Once she had called someone(dont remember who) and asked them to come somewhere, and when he enquired her she said "I'm really JK Rowling and not some angry Harmonian who is trying to get u out inorder to stalk u." - because that guy had made open insults on Harmony.

This caused further uproar from Harmonians.then after some time she came out to said 'It could have gone that way...

But even now many people think she said that only to pacify the angry Harmonians for they had threatened to burn their Hp books and boycott reading it.
sad
WOW!!! No, I had no idea of this. That changes things. I mean, I still have tremdous respect and admiration for her for creating the series, but now I can't help but be disturbed by hearing that she basically thinks we're crazy. Honest truth, I'm not so crazy as to just randomly say that Harry and Hermione should be together for the sake of saying they should be together. I naturally just fell in love with them and their chemistry and their relationship. It hurts to think that JKR would consider us delusional for drawing the conclusions that we have. I can safely say for myself that I am more lucid and logical than almost anyone I've ever met, and I am a Harmonian. All I ever really wanted from JKR was just acknowledgement. Acknowledgement that there was a chance that Harmione could have been real. That would have satisfied me, and when she finally said, "It could have gone that way", I was elated. But now to hear that it was all probably just a pressured lie and that she thinks our views are ridiculous??? It just really makes me feel like we're out here on our own.
worried
^it not necessarily be a pressured lie, it can be truth too - but who knows?
meh
^ But for her to say that we need to reread the book because we're getting it wrong, then that sounds like she only sees it one way. I mean, I really don't care either way. I can't change what she wrote just like she can't change how we feel or how we interpret the books and films. I think and ship how I like and my reality is all that matters to me. It's sad to think that JKR feels that way, but it doesn't ruin my fun or change my outlook on bit. We're just not on the same page is all...
meh
^Yeah she shouldnt be asking for universal acceptance to her decision should see? we have the right to interpret the shipping as we like - it is natural and unlike the relationships she has portrayed, Harry and Hermione are logical and are not thrown out of nowhere!
^ 100%!! She loses points in my book for passing judgement like that. I mean I don't know the whole story, but I do know that she chose one way, we see another, so clearly there is some disconnect.
^yeah there is some disconnect!
Hey! I've found a new topic - If Harry/Hermione had married, how do you think their children will be? coz in that part if u see Harry/Ginny have James,Albus,Lily -they are identical to Harry,James and Lily - and Harry/Ginny are like James/Lily - maybe thats why she chose them - many people tell thats why her choice is best - it cant be better any other way -but I know a way...what do you thnk of this point that the Hinny fans use?They say we dont want 19 bushy haired girls with spectacles running around (they said this on a blogspot)
I actually have thought about this extensively and here's what I've come up with. Keep in mind that I HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS EXTENSIVELY, lol, so bare with me while I ramble on for a bit. Anything I say after this has purely been cooked up in my mind:

First, thier kids would still be named James, Albus and Lily, mostly because I understand the omage to the people who were important to Harry. However, middle names would be different. James' middle name would be Hermione's father's name and Lily's would be her mother's. Seeing as how we never find out Hermione's parents' names, (not that I can remember anyway) in my mind their names are Henry and Grace, which I only chose because I thought they sounded good with James and Lily. Albus' middle name would be Sirius rather than Severus (I hate that combination!!) and everyone would call him 'Alsi' - combining the first syllables of the two names.

So then the names I came up with are:
James Henry Potter
Albus Sirius "Alsi" Potter
Lillian Grace "Lily" Potter

As far as looks go, James would no doubt look exactly like Harry, thereby looking exactly like James. Alsi would either be some sort of cross between the two of them or would probably look entirely different, like Sirius or something. Lily would look like Hermione of course. All of them would have crazy looking hair, but they'd know how to keep it better. At least two or all of them would have Harry's/Lily's green eyes.

Whew! Now that that's out, what do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Any thoughts?
Oh, and in regards to what you said about how Harry/Ginny are like James/Lily - that is a middle of the road statement, 100%, because it can be used in defense of both H/G and H/Hr.

As far as LOOKS go, H/G are like J/L. Ginny has the red hair and the backseat demeanor that doesn't really get attention (no offense to Lily. It's not like we know much about her anyway), so on the SURFACE, they match.

But PERSONALITY wise, H/Hr are more like J/L. Hermione is like Lily in almost EVERY OTHER WAY!! Muggle born, brightest in her class, the only girl in a group of guys, compliments Harry (in Lily's case James) in every way. People are so quick to use J/L as evidence for H/G because of what they look like, when in reality they are a much better example of H/Hr.
smile
^Yeah they are...even I thought the same - but u said it for me!!!
^ What do you think about the names?
surprise
^which names...???
^ In my post from 2 days ago. You asked me what the kids would be like. It's 5 posts up.
They are quite good!! but why did u take out Severus??
smile
Nothing against it - I just don't like the combination. Albus is awkward enough for a kid, so I made his middle name Sirius so his nickname could be ALSI - ALbus SIrius Potter
^thats a really good idea!
laugh
btw, happily my special classes r over!!!!!!!Happy!!!!!!!Hippy!!!!!!!!!1Hurr­ay!­!!!­!!!­!1
^ thanks. told you I've spent a lot of time thinking about it, lol... and congrats!! i got a wk and a half left myself...
^oh!all the best for it.LOL! I'm free now!!!!
^oh!all the best for it.LOL! I'm free now!!!!
nice! so what else new is there to talk about? have you seen the new fan art with the images of Hermione and Ginny both hugging Harry when he arrives at the Burrow in HBP?? I think it's really fantastic. It really shows the difference between the relationships.
smile
^Yeah I saw that one. left a comment too! did u see that fanart from tumblr that Brucas_Love posted? that one was so detaled and fantastic!