Twilight Series lets have a debate! Team Edward vs. Team Jacob

gileygirl posted on Apr 06, 2008 at 09:01PM
alright girlies here's the thing. For the past few weeks i have been bothered by some of the picks that have been forming lately. like who Bella choose?, who do you like better?, etc. all these have involved with edward and jacob. i like answering the picks because they're fun and i like everyones opinion =), but instead of having picks lets express how POV's of edward and jacob on here and talk about them.

Jacob Fans: why do you guys like Jacob? what reasons do you like him?, and when did u start liking Jacob? Why do you hate Edward, and why do u think he is the right one for Bella and not Edward?

(my personal quesion for jacob fans is..you read twilight and that was all about edward and bella no jacob (other than Bella False flirting with jake in la push). did u like edward then? and if u dont like edward that much why read twilight because its all about edward and bella and her love for him, and jake was merely a prop (no offence) but thats what i want to know...)

Edward fans:Why do u like edward? When did u like edward? what do u not like about jacob? what make edward the one for Bella?

i want a clean fight ladies (im sure all of us canplay fair ;), but lets have fun and express everyones opinion on this battle)

Twilight Series 207 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 207

over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
I agree 100% with Kretek!
- No one is perfect (Maybe only in Twilight but were talking reality here!)
- I can see him being a nice friend too!
over a year ago bit_me_edward said…
Humm Well edward ownes my heart100% but i do like jacob hes a very inportant part of the books but i do like edward more.but i DON'T hate jacob.
over a year ago becky_insane said…
edward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago thesicklion said…
ugh i love them both, but i liked jacob more in eclipse. theyre soul mates and i felt so bad for him when he had to watch her be with another guy, and that killed him. edward will live forever and could of had time to find someone else like bella. i mean i do love edward, but im team jacob. i havent read breaking dawn yet, so im sure that will change. i made this account to blog about twilight. jacobs my favorite
over a year ago 7kate7 said…
I am team Jacob all the way. On the cover of twilight the apple resembles the forbidden fruit , meaning that bella and Edward's love is not supposed to happen. And think about it . Edward is the drugs and Jacob is the Sun , drugs=unhealthy , sun= healthy and you need the sun to live. I don't get how people can hace this 'thing' against Jacob . I know , i know , a lot of you are undecided and think they are both okay , but jacob is just so funny !! Edward is too serious all the time . Jacob actually lets her have some fun , get some adrenalin pulsing through her veins. But no ; god forbid anything exciting happens when edward is around . Unless of course you count vampires always after her because of HIM . I mean , the only reason the Volturi were ever even after her was because he had to go and had to pull a stunt like that in front of them . Would it have really hut to ask who's funeral it was on the phone ? It seems as though he is trying to kill Bella . Anyway , back on the Jacob topic. jacob is much better looking than Edward anyway . Dating edward would definatly be something to be proud of *sarcasm* yah , i am dating a vampire that thirsts for my blood 24/7 , and did I mention that he doesn't have a heartbeat ? Great boyfriend to brag about . Jacob is just so open to her about everything . Who wants a husband that hids everything from his wife . Jacob was there to tell her about how Victoria was still attacking , where Edward was relentless to do so . Jacob is just all together a better guy to be with than Edward . Remember how Bella always had to smile when she was around hm , it isn't really that way with edward and bella. So those were my reasons , I hope you choose wisely before you go to team edward or team jacob .
over a year ago XOXOedwardXOXO said…
I really liked Edward in twilight but when he left he in new moon i hated him because bella was all alone and when she started to be friends with jacob and he made her happy again i was all for team Jacob...... but when Edward thought Bella was dead and called Charlie and Jacob answered the phone and told Edward Charlie was at the funeral and then Jacob lied to Bella and Alice and said it was Carlisle and Edward nearly got killed by the voltri and Bella and Alice had to save the day and Jacob called Edward a leech and a bloodsucker and it was really mean and then Jacob told charlie about the motorcycle and bella got in heaps more trouble and i also realised why Edward left so now i hate Jacob and absolutely adore edward

god thats alot of writing
over a year ago doyouknow said…
I loved him from the start. In New Moon I knew he'd be back. I mean Stephenie was writing two more books. She wasn't going to continue her vampire saga with a human and a werewolf. And Jake was just sooooo annoying. I liked him at the start when he and Bella were just good friends, but all the while I was just dying for Edward to come back. Jacob and Bella are too like brother and sister. It's like incest. And it always seemed that Jacob was the cause of so much pain in Bella's life. If you love someone that much I don't think you should be inflicting that on them
over a year ago jessica2727 said…
people forget the reason bella and Jake were so close. one of the lines Jake used in breaking dawn when bella was pregnant was " by getting bigger she was some how gaining a gravitational pull" for him. it was because he was destined to IMPRINT on Bella and edwards baby, renesmee. Jake also says after rose took nessie downstairs the pull for bella was lost and some how pushing him down stairs, towards renesmee. bella and Jake still love each other but its only because in seven ears when nessie fully matures, jake will technically be bellas son-in-law. hes a good friend for her but she irrevocably in love with edward. guys will always just be guys and do stupid things that hurt whoever ther with but in edwards case he was only doing it because he thought she would be safer. the whole point of the books was that edwards cared for her so much but was battling with himself and who he was to keep from killing her. a bit of irony. but in the end he had the strength to fight his own nature to keep bella safe because he loved her that much. as the saying goes, if you love something you let it go and if it comes back its yours if it doesnt then it never was. edward came back to bella in the end because he couldnt deny that he loved her unconditionally and that despite the odds she was safer with him. but Jake will always be a big part of bellas life because of not only his imprinting on her daughter but because he was a true friend for her. whenever she was with jake in new moon she had to debate with herself weather she wanted to be with him or not and it was a constant fight. with edward she never even had to think twice about it. edward was willing to sacrifice himself because he couldnt live without her. and that shows how much he really cares for her considering he waited a century for her. so im obviously an edward fan but jake is still a good friend =)
over a year ago jessica2727 said…
oh and if bella and Jake got together hed never be with his true soul mate he may love bella but she isnt his soul mate renemee is and if bella hadnt been with edward renesmee never would have been born
over a year ago doyouknow said…
The books would've been destroyed in my opinion. I know Jake has a big part, but think about it. The whole story is based around Bella and Edward, and their relationship. Even New Moon when she was with Jake she was constantly trying to hear Edward's voice. And they both went to pieces when they were away from each other. If the books had ended with Bella ending up with Jake it wouldn't be the same. She formed relationships with all the Cullen characters just so Bella can run away with Jake and leave it all behind.

I agree with Jessica. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of it(Jacob/Renesmee)in BD Bella and Jacob both said that the draw to each other completely disappeared when Renesmee was born. Because even before she was born Renesmee was part of Bella, so when she was born the part of Bella he loved was gone and they became good friends. I don't think I ever really worried that maybe they would get together, but that may have been because I knew most of the story before I read the book :P
Now Im sad :( Jake's love for Bella's gone :( Nessie.. >:O
over a year ago jacoblove88 said…
I am totally team Jacob, he is so much better for her in so many ways. For one, the big problem, with Edward there isnt a second that goes by that she isnt in danger of him losing control and killing her, but with Jacob she is completely safe; and yes I know that there is a slight danger with his anger but come on, Jake barely ever gets angry with Bella, all in all Jacob doesnt constantly have the urge to kill her, he doesnt have to worry about keeping total control, him and Bella can completely relax around each other without worry.

Another thing I base on my personal opinion...this may not be Bella's opinion but this is what I think, Stephanie describes Edward as cold as ice and hard as stone, and Jacob has that whole 108.8 degrees thing going on, if I am going to snuggle up to a guy then I want that guy to be warm and comfortable (like Jacob), how comfortable could it possibly be if it feels like I am snuggling up to a granite statue or a block of ice.

Another thing is that in order to stay with Edward Bella is pretty much forced to give up her human life, either that or she will lose Edward (in one way or another) there is no possible way to stay with Edward and stay human too, but with Jacob, he is part human himself, all he has to do is stop phasing and he starts aging again, Bella can remain human and still be happy.

Jacob was right when he said that "he was the natural path her life would have taken if Edward didnt exist."
over a year ago sweet_twilight said…
Firstly this is a really good forum. I was a bit nervous clicking on it when I read the title. But I like it now. I'm on TEAM EDWARD!

Question: Why do u like edward? When did u like edward? what do u not like about jacob? what make edward the one for Bella?

Why do you like Edward?
Well overall as a person. I love his personality and the way he thinks mainly. He think similar to me which is something that is quite interesting sometimes and weird. But his overprotective which doesnt hurt. He has his reasons for that. It also didnt hurt that Edward was extermly good looking and to die for. He takes himself for granted most of the time and he doesnt see that everyone has flaws and that the person that you love with accept them no matter what. Like Bella does. He completes Bella like most of the couples in the Twilight Series, something that I personally like.

When did u like Edward?
I've loved Edward from the beginning. Although the love for him was a different type of love. I loved him at the beginning because he was different and mysterious thats what really attracted him to me and later on I continued to love him even more for just him.

What do you not like about Jacob?
It's not that I dont like Jacob. I'm not attracted to his personality and him in general like I am towards Edward. He gets angry and frustrated easily, so does Edward but he can control it more often. His also very straight-forward about things and I dont really like that in a guy. I'm still more for Edward. Jacob does have his good side which is how funny he is and his alright friend. The Cullens are much better friends I reckon. But Jacob is alright.

What make Edward the one for Bella?
He completes her like she completes him. They fit together like a piece of puzzle. Bella's clumsy and Edward is protective. They have a strong connection with each other like they could be together forever. Basically they make each other happy and they love each other which is why they belong together. It's hard to explain why they should be together but its more that they have so much together that the feelling it just stronger than themselves so they HAVE to be together.
over a year ago jessica101 said…
I love Edward and it is not because of his looks. But I still like Jacob.
over a year ago pri1342 said…
I loved this forum it's really good to see a debate about something I was always thinking.

Well I guess I would be in Edward's team

It's obvious that they are really different from each other even their temperature which I think it's really nice make more contrast - hot and cold

Edward is more serious, cold, he's over protective (I like that, someone to watch over you), he is charming, polite and perfect for Bella. Something I think it's really interesting is that beside the fact that they don't say i love you i love you all the time (like some couples do) it's clear the strenght of their love for each other, they depend on the other.
Now, in real life I prefer guys that do express themself so I'm not sure if I had an Edward I would be able to feel the same way Bella does. But I would certainly feel the strenght of passion (something that relly drives me crazy)

Jake on the other hand is warm, happy (not that Edward isn't but Jacob is always laughing and smiling), he is nice, he is good for Bella.

On the surface I would probably be happy with a Jacob, someone friendly that is like a smiling hot sun that makes me feel great.

So, I guess I'm in Edward's team because he represents the passion, the falling in love feeling, the one who has such a power over you that he can still your heart with just a single look.
I also like Jake but he represents that very strong friendship, that heat that makes you confortable (not the unconfortable heat that makes Bells's heart pop), like she said Jke is her safe spot.

Oh, and when Edward went away in New Moon I never stopped liking him, I kneew he was doing that because of her.Although...he did stay out of the book for a long period of time (many pages without them toguether - not good)
I think it was not right what Bella did to Jacob, I mean come on, of course a girl knows when a guys likes her as Jke did. But what did she do instead? she was selfish enough to let her relationdhip with him get deep enough to give him a huge hope on their more than friends relationship!

Anyway, I like them both! so sometimes I can really understand why people like Edward and why some prefer Jabob
over a year ago heartonfire90 said…
well i rele like edward for her better because it is kinda like he understands her more. i like jacob but i think that he is alil to hot headed for bella i me edward has so problems but alteast he saved her life like alot all that jacob could ever to is argue with her that is y i say edwars
over a year ago tinhtinh said…
I'm a Edward fan.I love him:X .He is so cool and handsome:X..
over a year ago tinhtinh said…
Edward is number 1.
over a year ago kristenchappell said…
i like edward read midnight sun and you will too.
i think.
and for jacob well come on he falls in love with her daughter haha i dont think that could everrr work. =]]
over a year ago shaneill_ira said…
I agree. Edward is better. I relate to him better than I do with Jacob but Jacob is still 'okay'
Well, in reality and in Twilight, I would prefer Jake, but this is just MY opinion. I know most ppl like Edward, but im okay with it, I just get fuzzy when people say things like Jake should die. That bugs me. Jake is more relax, cheerful, defienetly warmer, and he's just not 'perfect' and thats why I love Jake. Edward is great and all but he's too overprotective, and if I were Bella, I would NOT want Edward to die for me. I would want him to live, but at the same time not make him suffer. If Edward really loved Bella, he would listen to Bella if Bella says NOT to die for her and stay happy, hopefully he'll listen, also as, jacoblove88 said, I would rather snuggle to someone warm and not snuggle someone who's extremely cold with granite skin! Although I agree that Bella should be with Edward =__=
over a year ago shieny said…
Of c0uRse teaM edwaRd!!!
I l0ve edwaRd becauSe he w0uLd never want to hurt bella.He would never kill jacob because he knows that it can make bella hurt.
But jacob?????Huh...He always wants to kill edward although he has known that it can hurt bella!!!!
Jacob is a very bad guy!!
My shit is better than jacob!!
over a year ago lalo96 said…
you bitches are stupid get over it edward doesnt even know you guys he knows me from last night
Hey. Shieny! Didnt u read the forum description! DONT use rough languages! Even if jacob, ppl thought he was immature, sometimes he can be mature you know! You said he always wants to kill Edward, but waht do you see at the end? He doesnt kill him anyway! He cant help but feel extremely angry! He's a werewolf, his temper is like that! Its not like he chose too! He wwas destined for it! he was fated for it! To be enemies with the vampire clan! He became friends with the cullen family anyway! What would you feel if i say that Edward's a f***in s*** head! Bad right??!! Well, thats how i feel when you say rude things to jacob! Try to be jacob and see how it feels being a tempered werewolf!
over a year ago alice_cullen245 said…
Personally im a team Switzerland because

Edward: 1. hes a gentleman
2.sweet
3.hes practicly bellas other

Bad thing

1. WAAAAAAAYYY tooo over protective
2. a dirty fighter (even if he does do it with grace)
3. And lets face it way too perfect

Jacob: 1.funny
2.Self-less (althought it kinda bad sometimes
3.and that hes basically a little kid inside (which i love)

Bad things
Seriously the only badthing i can say about him would be his temper
over a year ago ILuvSeth said…
I Always Liked Edward Better Until I Read The Bits With Jacobs POV, I Really Like The Wolf Pack They Jus Seem Nice <3
over a year ago EdwardToujours said…
edward's completely devoted to her she "is his life now" and he waited decades for the happiness only she can give him! you have to feel for the guy, he never asked for this kind of life he's noble about it. read the midnight sun draft stephenie ended up posting on her site, it will make you love him, guaranteed.
over a year ago FunSize123 said…
I love edward, he always seems more charming and nicer. He always does wats best for bella and jacob usually does whats best for him. i also think that edward cares more about bella, overprotective as he may be' edward is only doing what he thinks is best for her. Edward seems more patiant and like he says he's grown patiant with "a hundred years of waiting for her"
Alice_Cullen has great points.
over a year ago loha98 said…
EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just hate Jacob with a fire red.
Edward is a hottie with a body.
over a year ago allie-apala said…
ok i like the way the book began and end edward and bella. but i LOVE jacob! in the movie he really really HOT !!!!! he is my screen saver lolololol
over a year ago twilightluver71 said…
I HATE EDWARD! I HATE JACOB! Does that mean I'm on team Cullen? I love the Cullen vampires! (Other than Edward)
over a year ago heart-kandii said…
yeah, jacobs great and everything but there is no way that he compares to edward, apart from being a guy and not human... lol

butt edward is just so charming and loveable and theres nothing about him that you could change.
jacob, you could change though. i liked him at first but his dislike for edward causing him to avoid bella even though they were quite clearly best friends put me off him i cant see why he couldnt just be friends with edward and be happy for bella. i know the warewolf vampire thing is a problem but they could have dealt with it.

edward is right for bella because he loves her and she loves him in a way that no one else can relate to, jacob cant be the right one for bella because she doesnt love him the way she loves edward.
over a year ago ragga said…
I love them both too much to choose. They both have pro and cons. Jacob is so sweet, easygoing, funny, he makes mistakes (wich is actually one of the things I like about him :)and he knows Bella extremly well (he just understands, she doesnt need to tell him everything. Sometimes I even think he knows her better than Edward.
Edward is a gentleman, smart, mature, caring and extremly kind (not just to Bella! First when I read midnight sun did I fully understand his generous being).

Obviosly Edward is THE ONE for Bella. Although he is overly protective and sometimes treats her as a piece of meat (marking his terrorory when exhaling all over her before jacob comes over and etc.) I think that in a world where Edward didnt exist Bella would be perfectly happy with Jacob. But when he DOES. Its inevetible that they must be together.
over a year ago twilightbandlol said…
laugh
Edward!!!! I wud definetely say Edward! Cuz.... he is just so... perfect! He is nice, smart, strong, funny, and tried to keep Bella safe even if it meant breaking his own heart becuz he hearted her SOOOO much. OMG! I adore Edward from begining 2 end! Jacob likes Bella but.... well, I hated him 4 kissing her dat way in New Moon and for acting stupid to her. He is a good friend but.. boyfriend? Ew. Sorry, I dont mean to be rude but really! Ew. (BTW, Edward only left bella 4 her own safeness, so give him a break!) When Bella kissed him back in Eclipse pasionately, I thought I might scream and throw up! I was so furious!!!! How cud she even consider liking him? Why? :( Thankfully, he dies in the end! JK!!!! He doesnt... Any way, Bella+Edward 4evar! * cough, haha, Jacob, you lost! cough*
over a year ago TEAMJACOBXOXO said…
ok my friends nd I always get into fights 'bout who's better.i personally dont really like rob pattinson. im not saying i dont like edward the character im just sayin rob isnt all that cute.i like jacob. (taylor is really cute).i dont think bella deseves either if the 2. to me shes a little too whiny. i like jacob because he was there for bella in her time of need.also hes really funny. and he didnt leave her 2 hurt her. he just thought it would be better if she didnt know he was a werewolf. i just love his personality better than edwards. and i agree w/ every1 who thinks edward is overprotective. sure his intentions r good but come on! live a little. at least jacob knows how 2 have fun. pls dont get mad at me this is just who i like. im not saying edward nd bella r not good together just that hes a little too boring for me. oh! and also i dont think that bella should have chosen jacob she and edward r soulmates (even if she doesnt deserve him)but jacobs...too fun for her he could have done better than nessie too! but watever. and i didnt like the fact that he kept throwing himself at bella. but he made me laugh wen he tried 2 kiss her. u have 2 admit that was funny! to me jacobs little thing w/bella was just a crush. nd u han 2 admit guys do think their IN LOVE a lot! LOL again for the team edward ppl dont get mad this is just MY OPINION!
TEAM JACOB 4 EVER!!!!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago TEAMJACOBXOXO said…
tongue
DO U EVEN HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR HATIN JAKE LOHA98? i bet its stupid. like i said i hate the fact that team edward always brings out jakes flaws (i only see 2)1.his temper 2. he kept throwing himself at bella. (he could do so much better than her...ewwwwwww!)i havent really seen a team jacob fan dis edward. but i always see the others doing that to the team jacob fans! hmmmm... wonder y that is.
over a year ago twilightfann said…
mischievous
OMG for me its just team Edward sure sure sure.Because if edward was not there they wont call the book twilight...And jacob..its.I dont no!!!!
over a year ago jacobsgalpal said…
smile
hi. im new. but im def team Jacob. I can't even say how much bella should be with him. he's warm and kind and caring and truthful. and he gives a great scary story.
heart
I HEART JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!
he's so warm and friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!
He's so kind and cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!
I HEART JACOB BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!
mischievous
I don no why i like JAcob. hes just so freindly. i gess.
over a year ago dcullen-blacl said…
Okay...okay...why cnt we all just be JAKWARDS
i dont like it when fans say: "Screw Edward!" and stuff like " I wanna La Push Jacob off a cliff!"
this is all so wrong...but i guess that i must pick a side...but i refuse to hate the other side because at one point or an other i loved both of them...i kinda feel like Bella when my friends tell me to pick a side...well for all the JaKes out their i think that if Taylor Lautner wernt playing Jacob we would all be Edwards....for me it is just WAY to hard to chose so i say:
SCREW TEAM EDWARD AND TEAM JACOB...I'LL HAVE A THREE SUM!!!!!
over a year ago Hiphopbrat said…
big smile
Team Edward A the way Girls!! I hate Jacob cuz he's always rude to Bella. And If ur holdin a grudge against EDward cuz he left Bella, DON"T cuz he only left her cuz Victoria Knew they always be together .So he left and tried to track Victoria. And EWdward said he'd always hate himself for him leavin her, in Chapter 20 of New Moon. I'm a true Twilight Fan. I've read all the books 5 times, soooooooo i know Edward is whats best for Bella and she Knows it. (Edare won, HE ALWAYS WINS!) LUV EDWARD 4 EVER!
over a year ago babbygirl21 said…
heart
i am on TEAM EDWARD! because if Bella chooses Jacob Edward wont stop her he only wants her to be happy, but Jacob will keep on trying to get Bella like how he tricked her into kissing him witch was soooo wrong! i apsoulty hate JACOB!!! I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN
over a year ago sinai114 said…
THUMBS UP TO EVERYONE WHO IS TEAM EDWARD!! lol well i dont necessarily have anything in reality against Jake or anything like that, both have their good and bad sides...well actually Edward ofcouse doesnt, all he ever does is protect Bella and i would definetly never call that a defect...but Jacob on the other hand is extremely impulsive and he has gotten to the point where he is really mean and ignorant in a way that makes you want to slap him so that he could carburate. no offense for those team jacob lovers. But either way, he does have his good points because he was willing to leave the pack to save Bella and he was there for her when she most needed him even though Jacob knew deep inside that he was never going to get her! lol...but i do REALLY & DEEPLY dislike him for forcing Bella to kiss him! UGHHH i was so mad. I so wanted to chuck the book out the window...but Im glad Edward won Bella because he the most perfect fiction character ever existant...so HAHA!!
over a year ago zaray said…
big smile
I cant realy chose but jacobs cuter and edwards cooler but also i just cant decied so im on both team edward and jacob
over a year ago twilightbandlol said…
big smile
I ♥ Edward always and forever because he is nice, sweet, caring, handsome, and sincere. I dont hate Jacob but i started disliking him in eclipse. TEAM EDWARD!!! :)
over a year ago 18wanda said…
monkey
I ain't part of any stupid team! I will never read twilight! It is like meth, just once and your soul will be broken beyond repair. I will NEVER get sucked in! All of you are victims! I feel for you. I really do. Team phooey. Eddie isn't that great. Bleh. Have fun eating your meth!
over a year ago cullengirl1597 said…
angry
I love both of them if i had to choose 1 4 me... i would choose jacob but 4 bella. Deffinatly better. Edward did a lot for bella and has go thru a lot 4 her. Jacob i think is tooooo maybe aggressive is the rite word ,for bella and edward is just so gentle but Jakes more of a manly man. that y i like him

ps. GO DIE IN A HOLE 18wanda!!!!! I HOPE TERRORISTS COME AND SKIN YOU AND HANG YOU IN YOUR CLOSET!!!!!!
over a year ago sinai114 said…
lmao 18wanda's comment is hilarious! well im glad twilight is my meth... (: & im so glad i got "sucked in"...what wouldve been of my life without a team edward or a team jacob lol...