Tales from the Crypt Watching Party

jlhfan624 posted on Aug 03, 2009 at 11:11PM
So I figured I'd start this forum for people to get together and watch episodes of Tales From the Crypt seasons 1-7 & maybe possibly the movies! I wanted to do this first off and mostly because this is in my top 5 favorite shows of all-time and I LOVE every single episode just about. It's no fun having virtually nobody to talk to about the show. I just hope after watching it, everyone is just as big a fan as I am!

I figure we can do 2 episodes a week (if that's not do-able, we can work something else out) and eventually get the whole series done soon!

Basically I will post the synopsis of both episodes of the week in the forum and provide you with links to the full episode if you have no other way of watching them and you can watch them whenever within the week and come back here to talk about them!

Let's get started!
So I figured I'd start this forum for people to get together and watch episodes of Tales From the Cry
last edited on Aug 09, 2009 at 06:32PM

Tales from the Crypt 115 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 115

over a year ago jlhfan624 said…
laugh
LOL He's my favorite Brat Pack-er! :D
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
laugh
he reminded me of sully from Dr Quinn Medicine Woman.
over a year ago becca85 said…
He's my fave also!! I have to say I preferred him more in The Breakfast Club as opposed to St. Elmo's Fire.
You know, I can see where you think of Sully also. He sounds like him.
big smile
Are you kidding? Bender is the best movie character in the history of movie characters! Of course, he was a smartass though which is a weakness of mine!
rainy
Okay guys don't forget season 1 watching ends tomorrow/today depending on where you live. I'll put together the first 2 episodes of season 2 on Sunday! :)
Now, that was one creepy episode!!

EPISODE 6 NOW!!
mischievous
YIKES!! The dialogue on this one is so off with the movement of the lips, it's rather annoying. I'll get over it, tho!!
:D YAY And you're all done with S1 and we can all talk about it!
I had some issues with my computer freezing up while watching the last episode, so I didn't finish it until close around midnight. By that time, I was super tired so I went off to bed. I think my favorite episode was probably the second one and the fourth one.

As for the last two, the fifth was really creepy and somewhat disturbing and the sixth one I could've told you the entire story without even watching it. When I read your little summary on the first page with the link, I knew exactly what his new hobby was going to be.
big smile
OH I did too but I still liked the episode. Season 1 is probably still my 2nd favorite of all the seasons I have re-watched so far. I have 1-3 & 5 down. Just 4, 6, & 7 left.
Week 2 August 9-15

Season 2, Episode 1
"After visiting a fortune teller, a gold-digging waitress marries a fat grotesque man in the belief he will inherit a million dollars then die."
link
link
link

Season 2, Episode 2
"An elderly millionaire gets a mad doctor to give him the face, torso and limbs of a younger man to win the heart of the woman of his dreams."
link
link
link
last edited over a year ago
smirk
Okay now that season 1 is finished, rank your favorite season 1 episodes and/or talk about them! :)

Mine are:
And All Through the House
Lover, Come Hack to Me
The Man Who Was Death
Only Sin Deep
Collection Completed
Dig That Cat...He's Real Gone

Actually DTC is probably one of my least favorite episodes. Something was really missing from it, and I didn't really enjoy it. AATTH doesn't need an explanation! It's a Christmas horror! :D
Well, I'm off to watch at least the first episode of season 2. Lookng back at season 1, here is how I would rank them...

The Man Who Was Death
Only Sin Deep
Lover, Come Hack to Me
Collection Completed

The only ones I really liked were the first two. Most of the others I wasn't real crazy about, but they did have good storylines.
laugh
I'm also more likely to love The Man Who Was Death because it's John Kassir's favorite and I have a crush on him so anything is says is like *dreamy look* with me!
I never realized how many big actors/actresses were in these episodes. It's really surprising.
Did you ever see Tales from the Cryptkeeper?
There's pretty much an A-list actor in every other episode. I have only not recognized a few people in an episode. It's incredible! :D

And no I didn't.
I guess Tales from the Cryptkeeper was the new series that started in 1993. It also had John Kassir reprising his role from the original.
blush
John Kassir is really precious. IDEK what's wrong with me thinking that, but yeah. I would hit it.
You must have been watching too much Gollum from LotR. Are you even a Lotr fan?

So, I finished Dead Right. That was...interesting. Without seeing the rest of the season I can't rank it, but there was something disturbing about it. I can't put my finger on it, though.
laugh
Not a LOTR fan.

And I did not like Dead Right. It threw me off and I just didn't like it. I actually don't like most of the S2 episodes.
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
laugh
Collection Completed
The Man Who Was Death
Lover, Come Hack to Me
Only Sin Deep

Collection Completed reminded me of my parents minus the stuffing the old guy, just that my dad retired and the banter between the old couple was so funny it really did sound like my mom she threatened my dad that if he didn't find a hobbie or part time job she was going to kill him...lol
smile
Just a reminder I'll be posting episodes 3 and 4 of season 2 tomorrow so make sure you've watched 1 & 2!
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER!!
He directed! :D
It's like a new version of Frankenstein.
I'm not sure who I hate more; her for caring only about appearances or him for doing this to gain her "love."
You're right, they were both pretty stupid. But the girl wins in me hating her more.
She turned out to be a gold-digger, so that actually put her at the top. Hans was a pretty smart guy, tho.
Week 3 August 16-22

Season 2, Episode 3 - Cutting Cards
"Realizing the town isn't big enough for the both of them, two rival high stakes gamblers face off against one another."
link
link
link

Season 2, Episode 4 - 'Til Death
"A hustling owner of a swampy plantation uses a voodoo potion to gain the love of a rich woman but fails to follow the directions and learns first hand, love never dies."
link
link
link

Also, some of the descriptions can be pretty obvious/spoilery to the story and therefore you might not get as much out if it as you should be getting so I was wondering if you guys wanted me to use the very vague & short descriptions they put on the DVD's instead?

An example for one would be Season 2, Episode 4 'Til Death:
Who do that voodoo? A scumball developer needing dough seeks occult help to land a millionaire bride.

They are short, to the point, and don't give a whole lot away. IDK whatever you guys prefer. I've already seen them so it doesn't matter tome.
Either way works for me. You could try the DVD summaries for a while and see how those work out.
Okay I'll do those then. Because I think sometimes the descriptions make it sound worse or better than it really is and the DVD ones leave you curious and going into the episode not expecting anything :)
I hope you guys watched the last 2 episodes! I have to do both this week & next weeks episodes all at once because I'm leaving Saturday to go on a short vacation and I won't be back until Friday.

Week 4 August 23-29

Season 2, Episode 5 - Three's a Crowd
"For their tenth anniversary, a down-on- their-luck couple are invited to a cabin owned by their wealthy former best man, but the unstable husband is convinced that his wife is having an affair"
link
link
link

Season 2, Episode 6 - The Thing From the Grave
"A supermodel and her photographer fall in love but when her abusive boyfriend learns of their affair he sets out to kill the photographer."
link
link

Week 5 August 30-September 6

Season 2, Episode 7 - The Sacrifice
"A confident insurance agent plans to kill a wealthy tycoon and marry his wife, but doesn't count on his boss blackmailing him into sharing the beautiful widow."
link
link
link

Season 2, Episode 8 - For Cryin' Out Loud
"A crooked rock promoter hosting a benefit concert plans a scam to run off with all the money but complications arise when he starts hearing his conscience in his head."
link
link
link
I will get right on all of those as soon as I can.

Have you finished all of the series yet, Heather?
Nope! I'm halfway through season 6 now, and after that will be season 7 and then I'm all done. Maybe about another month and I'll be all done!
big smile
OK, to kill a little bit of time before bed, I'm going to get caught up on these.
Alright, so I finally got around to watching episodes 3 & 4. I was so busy last week, that I had no time to watch them. Those have to be the two most bizzare episodes I have seen so far. They were really weird. Anyone else agree?
laugh
'Til Death was completely awful. The acting was atrocious, and I'm about 99% sure it wasn't supposed to be...it was just awful. No good lol But Cutting Cards was hilarious! I loved the banter between the two men and every time they put the gun to their heads and pulled the trigger it was like a huge relief when I didn't see their head blow off. So intense lol But the ending was weird.
hmmm
That was kind of crazy!! But there was not much real emotion there. Even when they were yelling at each other, it sounded forced. It almost seemed like a spoof of something.
lol I can understand that but I just thought the whole thing was hilarious and it was fun. Though overall, season 2 is my least favorite season I've re-watched so far. That says a lot right there.
So far, if I had to I'd rank the seasons:

Season 4
Season 3
Season 1
Season 5
Season 6
Season 2

Season 6 might rise above season 5 once I'm all done. And I know I said somewhere season 3 was my favorite but I lied. The more I let season 4 episodes sink in, the more favorite of mine it becomes!
I just finished episode 5. I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!! I knew that she was pregnant and I knew that they were just planning a surprise party. This was a classic story. I hated the actors they had in it, though. Poor acting job.
Oh I know right! That story was just tragic! Very realistic and sad =( But I loved it, and yes poor acting.
Teri Hatcher was so young in episode 6. It's hard to believe that these episodes originally aired almost twenty years ago. Tho, I suppose the music and the furnishings and such in the episode give it away on occasion.

That reminds me...in episode 5 there was some background music playing (I think it was just before the boat ride) and a few notes from it sounded an awful lot like the theme from a popular horror movie. I can't, for the life of me, remember which one. I want to say Halloween but I'm not sure. Did you notice the music on that one?
Hmm actually I do think I remember that one! I usually don't remember music in movies/tv shows but I think I do now that you mention it!

Teri was really so pretty back then! Probably the 2nd prettiest TFTC guest star I've seen.
Who was the first?
Roya Megnot - In the season 3 episode Easel Kill Ya. Easily in my top favorites!
Roya Megnot - In the season 3 episode Easel Kill Ya. Easily in my top favorites!
smile
Hmmm...I can't wait to get to that episode so I can see her. This reminds me, I need to watch the two episodes for this week.
laugh
She is adorable in the episode and a young Tim Roth is pretty fine himself! Good looking people in that episode :)