Percy Jackson & The Olympians Books Caught In the Middle

penguin098 posted on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:56PM
Ok, so I'm a super fan of the Percy Jackson seires and the Heroes of Olympus seires and I thought I should introduce you to a new demigod, who might just save the world, her name is Lauren she's a daughter of Hecate who just wants to be accepted.

The first chapter takes place before Percy defeats Krosos and goes on from there. I appologize in advance for my spelling (we really need spell cheack here)

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson, Jason, Piper, or any of those ppl, ect. Dispite my prayers to the writing gods, i have never met Rick Riorden and therefore cannot have stolen any of his ideas

Also, Spaming, please don't, if the comment isn't a complament, question about the story, or constructive critisism, don't say it. Flames will only be used to roast marshmellows (spelling, ik) for the kinder people, so yea i guess i really on't care about that stuff.

Wittout further adu(sp) i peresent to you... Caught in the Middle!!!
last edited on Feb 24, 2011 at 04:55PM

Percy Jackson & The Olympians Books 152 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 152

over a year ago sylviakitty348 said…
surprise
really?? great, now i wanna read the next chapter even more! if thats possible...
over a year ago penguin098 said…
big smile
Oops, I'm overdue for this chapter... Sorry!!

@Sylvia: this chapter's for you for your enthusiasm (Love that word!)

Chapter 26

Twelve Beads Later
Lauren’s POV

What do you take with you to war? This whole thing was new to me. Is it the type of thing where you bring the same sort of stuff on vacation, or only the weapons you’d need? I decided to take everything. No exaggeration. I took every single item I owned. I packed in several bags the size of me. Once everything was inside, I shrunk it. It was an easy spell, just one word, parva. Then I picked my favorite coin pouch, hung it on a chain and stuffed everything inside. A stylish necklace and luggage in one. If I could sell these, I would be a millionaire. But there were more important things at the moment, like not looking suspicious, or saving the world perhaps. I stared down at the customary end-of-session letter.
Dear Laura Ran ,
If you intend to stay at Camp Half-Blood year-round, you must
inform the Big House by noon today. If you do not announce your
intentions, we will assume you have vacated your cabin or died a horrible
death. Cleaning harpies will begin work at sundown. They will be
authorized to eat any unregistered campers. All personal articles left
behind will be incinerated in the lava pit.
Have a nice day!
Mr. D (Dionysus)
Camp Director, Olympian Council #12

I didn’t know how to reply. Technically, I would be leaving, but we would be coming back after we defeated Gaea. And then I would stay. I crumpled up the paper and threw it across the room. It was 1:30. I guess I was leaving, hopefully Chiron knew that. It felt good to finally decide something. I left for the bead ceremony. Every year, at the end of camp you get a bead. On it, there’s a painting of the most important events of the year. This summer, it had a picture of the planet Jupiter, symbolizing the god, with a streak of lightning across it. I hadn’t seen it yet –no one had, but it seemed pretty cool. I looked down at my camp necklace. This would be the twelfth bead. Twelve years at Camp Half-Blood. And I was leaving for the first time, possibly forever.
I stood in the dinning pavilion. There wasn’t anything special that would tip you off that this was some big deal. Just the same tables around a blazing hearth in the center. It looked like any other meal, but this gathering was especially special. Once everyone had gathered, Chiron stood up. He rambled on about our great accomplishments, how proud he was, and all that stuff. Like what a teachers tells you on the last day of school. I wasn’t really listening. Then, in an instant, there were clay beads floating in front of everyone. Even Jason got one, but I don’t think he took it. But I grabbed mine out of the air the second it appeared and slipped it on the leather string, beaming. I don’t think there was anyone else who had twelve beads, maybe one or two. I looked around and saw everyone doing the same. For some, it was their first bead, others had five. But someone was missing. Jesse, now that I thought of it, I hadn’t seen him since yesterday when I gave him the bag. Where was he?
Jesse’s POV

It wasn’t the most comfortable of places. Crouched under the deck. Fun for a five minute game of Hide-and –Seek, not for an overnight stay. It was dark, and cold, and downright miserable. Good thing I only had a few hours left. Then it would leave, and they would have to take me too. It’s not like they could drop me over the side, make me walk the plank like pirates. I smiled. It was fool proof. I had a rough sense of time down here. It felt like it was the middle of the night, but I couldn’t have been in here that long. It’s no like I was having fun; time should have been slowing down. But thanks to the ADHD, it wasn’t. I was nodding off to sleep in no time. What can I say? Hiding was exhausting work.
over a year ago Perseus54321 said…
great
over a year ago brittanyloves said…
big smile
That was freaking awesome!
over a year ago darkling_menace said…
TWELVE YEARS!? OMG!!!
over a year ago cott4eva said…
big smile
that's cool
heart
yay! the chapter was for my enthusiasm (i love that word too!) anyway:
oooooh! i KNEW it! as soon as you told me that Jesse wasnt running away, it just came to me in an instant! He's stowing himself away in the Argo II isnt he? he's gunna be one of the seven? i cant wait for them to find him later x)
heart
Well, I no, I'm terribly over due, but I had to get this chapter just right. It's the last one. Yes, 27 Chapters, 67 pages, and 27,580 words later we have finished "Caught in the Middle"
If you guys want, I'll make a sequal, but you'll have to cut me some time to plan out the plot and do some reaserch as i begin the first few chapters. ANd yes, I do have to do that, without it a good story becomes a crappy book. Twilight is a great example (no disrespect intended, but really) Luv you guys forevr! Thanks so much for staying with me this long!

Chapter 27

What If?
Leo’s POV

The Argo was perfect, for building it in less than two years. Then it would be perfect. Right now, it was okay, but… there was so much room for improvement. It was nearly midnight, we would be leaving in five hours, and there I was. Pacing bunker nine. I had already checked and then rechecked everything. Four times. If something went wrong, it would be my fault. What if we fell out of the sky? What if we sunk in the middle of the ocean? What if the boat just exploded? Ok, that would be kinda cool, but only for a second. It would all be my fault. I walked up to Festus, or his head. Whichever you prefer.
“Ready guy?” Nothing happened. What was I expecting? For him to get up and fly around? No, just some reissuance. A snort or something would have been up to par. Even a faint glow in his eyes. Something. But he stayed motionless. I had done the impossible, two of my friends used to be dead for Pete’s sake! Flying a boat wouldn’t be the hardest thing I had ever done. I hope.
*^*^*
Jason’s POV

I laid on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was the same as all the other walls: gray, smooth, and cold. Annabeth said Percy thought it was a bank at first. I was finally going to meet him. I wasn’t sure how to feel about that. Fort Rome was so tough, what if I never got to meet him? What if my friends had moved on? I disregarded that idea. Preposterous. I saw the faces here. Percy wasn’t forgotten. I wouldn’t be. My thoughts wandered. Reyna. I remembered her long brown hair, cold black eyes. It wasn’t something one forgot. Easily. And what about Piper? I really did like her. But, it wasn’t going to happen. The only question was how to tell her. Or should I? Percy and Annabeth haven’t been killed. Yet. Maybe, it would work out. Somehow. I heard a knock on my door, and then it creaked open. My heart flipped. Piper.

Even in ripped pajama pants, she was beautiful. The full moon illuminated her face, her eyes seemed to change color with the small breeze. She smiled
“I couldn’t sleep either. Mind if I come in?” I waved her into my cabin. Her hand almost automatically fell to mine. There was a moment of silence. “We’re not going on a suicide mission are we?” It was a whisper, barely audible, but it held so many hopes. She needed reassurance. No one really knew what to expect. But I wasn’t’ focusing on her voice. My eyes were on her hand. I hesitated, still staring “Yeah I get it, night” She left
I thought about calling after her but I decided against it. Maybe it was for the best
*^*^*
Piper’s POV

Great. I come, to pour my heart out and he barely notices me. I crossed my arms and walked. I just walked, with no real purpose. The cool air felt good. I focused on my breath, I could almost see it. The grass squished under me. I walked towards my cabin, taking the longest possible route. Harpies finding me was the least of my worries. What if there was someone before me? I mean sure, I was expecting it. No way Jason could’ve been single for this long. But he’d tell me, right? At least that’s what I thought. But now, urge. Boys are impossible. Aphrodite Aphroshmite, it was all hype. It wasn’t that easy. What if I never got to tell him how I felt? What if this actually was a suicide mission? I found myself at my cabin sooner than I thought. I gagged as I entered, and laid on my bed, waiting for the sleep that would never come.
*^*^*
Jesse’s POV

They had to be leaving soon, I had been here forever. At least it felt like forever, maybe even past that. What if this didn’t work, Anna had warned me about that. I had promised. I would come back.
I remembered the last time I saw her face. Her brown hair had fallen into her face, her nose was dusted with freckles from the sun. She stared up at me. I had gotten the idea that she knew what I was planning to do.
I looked up at her “Anna, I-” But she cut me off
“Yeah, you have to go, I get it, just come back” Her eyes pleaded with me. She was a strong girl, I admired her for that, but this was hard for her. I could tell. I walked up and looked down at her face. I pushed a hair back behind her ear.
I bent down to her ear and whispered “Anna Concordia, coming back isn’t an option. It will happen, but I’m not going to sit here and wait for them to fight this war. This won’t be the last you see of me, I promise” She smiled and pulled me into a kiss.
“Kill some monsters for me.” Thant’s when I left, but I wished I had stayed just a second longer. It doesn’t matter how much I sugar-coated it, this was a war I was voluntarily going into. What if I didn’t come back?
*^*^*
Zoey’s POV

Who needs bedtimes? Midnight, one am, two am, what’s the difference? It’s not like I would be able to sleep if I tried. I could sleep on the boat, or plane, or whatever it was. I planned on playing Monopoly all night with, who ever. So of course, I ended up playing with David and Lauren. Everyone else had enough sense to get a good night’s rest before a big day. I guess I’m just not all that sensible. Lauren rolled the dice.
“Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.” She sighed. That was the fourth time in a row she had gone to jail. I smiled. Not only was I winning, but Lauren was left far behind. David wasn’t close to winning, but he was catching up. Just one more lucky role and he could pull in for the lead. It was an intense game. And a long one too. I knew monopoly took forever to finish, but it had been a solid ten hours since we started. It had to be over soon. David rolled, I smirked. He got a seven. Just enough moves to get to boardwalk, which was mine, which had a motel on it.
David threw his money up in the air “Go ahead, take it take it all!” Lauren rolled her eyes. I laughed; it was about time someone started winning around here.
“Finally!” I grabbed the money out of the air. “Wanna play-”
“If you even start to say again I will personally attend to your murder.” Lauren glared at me from across the table. She magic-ed the lights out. “Good night.” Tense. We all were, especially Lauren. She hadn’t been herself lately. Not like she was sick, more in the sense of stressed. I didn’t know what to expect. I wasn’t even sure if we were going to see Percy when we got there. What if we didn’t?
*^*^*
David’s POV

I could say I fell asleep, happy as ever. Or I could tell you the truth. Really, I sat on the couch, staring out at the wall. Somehow, both of the girls managed to fall asleep. I was very aware of the fact that Lauren’s hand was entangled with mine. Highly aware that Zoey had slumped against me. I looked at their faces. Both were so perfect. I loved them both, but it was different for each. I loved Zoey as my sister, and that’s how it would always be, but Lauren was another story. She wasn’t my sister. She was so much more. I tried closing my eyes again. And sleep finally ruled over me. I was out.
*^*^*
Lauren’s POV

It wasn’t a restful sleep. Nor a pleasant one either. The dreams were too real, but I won’t go into depth. If you knew what happened in them, you’d be thanking me. It was four am. I had an hour before we had to leave. After waking up Zoe and David, I sat at my desk and re-read the note I was going to leave for Lily.

Dear Lils,
You’re probably reading this because I’m not here. Don’t Worry. I’ll be back soon. Lu’s under strict orders to take good care of you. Feel free to curse him if he does not do so. I love you with all my heart. It doesn’t matter how much you argue it, I’ll miss you more. Train hard and stay on top. I’ll be back in no time. This may come as a shock to you, but I was ready. I’ll love you forever, don’t you ever forget that.
Missing you already,
Lauren

I hoped it was enough. I tiptoed into Lily’s room and tucked the letter under her arm. She’ll find it in the morning, and by then I’ll be long gone. No tears, no heart breaks. That I’d witness at least. Leaving was never easy, but it was possible. I took in a deep breath, We’ll be okay. There’s no turning back. Not now. David came and put his arm around my waist, and Zoey linked her arm with mine. Together, we left Camp Half-Blood, and together we will return.
over a year ago rapunzeleah123 said…
heart
:OOOOOOOO
AWESOME!!!!
I move to make a sequel.
I think I'm gonna cry, it was just too awesome for it to end. *goes in corner and balls*
last edited over a year ago
so in conclusion... a really big cliffhanger. what will happen next? find out in the sequel! (if there'll be one that is)
over a year ago Aponimisae said…
cake
^ LOL ya pretty much! And you SOO should make a sequel, like some, you can just post it right onto your original article/ forum/ whatever right HERE! Certainly easier to find!
Sorry that I hadn't checked in a little while, Aponimisae
A cake for your hard work!!! :D
smile
For those who are interested, I wasn't just going to leave you guys with out a sequal. I mean, I have my moments but I'm not that mean... I'm working on chapter one, the title (as of now) is "The Story I Shall Name Later" because I don't know what to call it yet... I'm not giving any sneak peeks until i start posting chapters, so don't ask. (not to sound rude or anything) At that point though, it wouldn't really be a sneak peak, it would just be reading the story. I'm so siced that you guys enjoyed "Caught in the Middle" so much. Hopefully, the first chapter will be up by next week. No promises though. Sit tight and wait, it'll be worth it (in my opinion)
Question! Will Lauren be the main person in the next story too?
big smile
Well, I've done the reaserch, I've planned the basic plot, and I've come up with a title. The sequal shall be called "The Forbidden Journey"

@darkling_menace: Ya, the characters will be the same, but a little more balanced out... You're probably wondering about Jesse, he'll have a bigger role, just wait until they find him. That will be fun!

So, without further adu (yes, I still don't know how to spell that one) I present to you, The Forbiden Journey

Chapter 1

Out Of Sight
Lauren’s POV

Now, I’ve heard of flying cars, but a flying boat? Impossible, right, or is it? Technically, my whole life is impossible. Flying boats actually exist, in fact, that’s where I’m right now. I stowed my duffle bag in the dresser of my cabin. It was luxurious. It was a large square room, in the corner there was a bamboo dresser with a huge mirror, on the other wall there was a full length wall-to-ceiling windows, giving me a beautiful view, and in the very center was my bed. It was huge, with no head board or foot board, just a mattress on a platform. There was even a mini fridge that filed itself with anything you wanted, curtsy of moi. The whole room was decorated with tropical colors and little plants, with a side table in-between the two doors. One, led to the corridor, the other led to Zoey’s room. Never before had I seen a non-cramped cabin. Leo had defiantly outdone himself.

I finished stowing away my things and left my quarters. I wanted to watch Camp Half-Blood fade into the horizon, even if it might be the last I saw of it. Right now, the seven chosen, Piper, Leo, Jason, Zoey, David and me, accompanied by Annabeth, were preparing to leave for San Francisco, the one place in the whole world we weren’t supposed to go. But, as half-bloods, it was within out nature to deify rules. Roughly a week later, we would arrive at the one forbidden place, the one that (with our help) caused the American Civil War. Fort Rome. For most, it would be their first time, but for three, it would be a return. Jason, having been their unofficial leader, had nothing to worry about. As a son of Jupiter, he had grown up there. But for me, it was a different story. To them, I was the loner, not the Greek. Meeting the Romans was my only true fear about the voyage. Zoey wasn’t talking much about her past, but I figured she had felt the same way. She used to live at Fort Rome, but she left during the war and found her true home: Camp Half-Blood.

I climbed up the ladder that led to the main deck. The air was cool against my skin, the night sky dead black. I shuddered, bad comparison. The Roman’s weren’t all that friendly to the Greeks back in the day, and they hadn’t really changed much since. Leo was standing at the bow, his hands on the wheel, a pirate hat on his head. He seemed to be the type to keep the mood light when times were tough, we would definitely need him on the quest. Despite the lack of people, the Argo II was impressive. The whole thing was made completely out of celestial bronze, giving it a spooky glow in the moonlight. Leo pulled one of the hundreds of levers next to the wheel and the boat began to gain altitude. I put my elbows on the railing and watched as the familiar surroundings became open skies, and then clouds, shrouding the Argo in mist, giving it a cool eerie feeling. A single tear fell from my eyes, Camp Half-Blood was no longer visible. I got up and walked below deck. The rest way easy: we fly to San Fran. Most monsters couldn’t fly, we were safe. For now. I knocked on Zoey’s door and let myself in. Her room was completely overgrown with plants. I couldn’t even see the walls, only blotches of the floor were visible, other than that though, her room was pretty much the same. Zoey stood up from her bed,

“Is it too much?” Of course, of all things she’s worrying about her room. Then she gasped, it was the type when one remembers something terribly important. I risked a smile, maybe not everyone- but I was wrong. Zoey snapped her hand up and plucked off a leaf from a vine that had been creeping its way across the hall. Under different circumstances, I would have been laughing, but under these circumstances, laughter was scarce.

“Perfect Zoe- as always. Just came to tell ya that Camp Half-Blood is gone, already, so no turning back and stuff. I have to go unpack s’more though. See you for breakfast.” I turned left, walking down the only cramped space in the whole boat- the hallways. They were cramped, and not tall enough for most humans-even if you only had to dip your head down just a tad to fit- and seemed to go on forever. Hours later, or at least what felt like hours, I found my cabin door. It was still the same inside, but less inviting. Its brightness seemed to mock me. I laid my head down on the bed.
And in a nearly inaudible whisper I said “Happy Birthday,”
heart
AWESOME! :)
over a year ago Aponimisae said…
smile
Happy birthday? Jeez! I'm assuming it's her BDay, so that's a little sad. :'(
But... YAY! Off to San Fransico! To Percy!!! I mean... Aww who am I kidding? TO PERCY!!!!! Yay for Annabeth! Great for Percabeth! Teehee!
Awesome loved it!!
<3, Aponimisae :)-+<
laugh
Sorry, with all of the hw I've been getting, I was only able to edit the first half, so you guys get a cliffie!!! Yay... *cricket cricket*

@rapunzeleah: glad u enjoyed it
@Aponimisae: At first i thought you were talking about my birthday, i thiought it was a bit odd, but then I was like "DUh, Laurens!" *facepalm* (ik, total brain-fart) but yes, it was her b-day, srry bout the confusion

Chapter 2

The Clashing Rocks
Lauren’s POV

You know how on your birthday people ask you “So, how does it feel to be fifteen, or thirteen, or however old you are?” You never really feel any change, and neither did I. I realized that celebrating birthdays was stupid. So what, you’ve lived a day longer, big-whoop. I hadn’t even mentioned it to anyone. Forgetting and not knowing were totally different, the important thing was the task at hand: finding Fort Rome, preferably without dying. I opened up my mini fridge. Instantly, it filled up with fresh blueberry pancakes, I smiled. It was my favorite. Guess the spell was still working. I grabbed one and walked up to the deck, munching along the way. Now, sure I was hoping there wouldn’t be any… demigod related issues on the journey. That doesn’t mean I actually believed it though.

Everyone was clustered around the wheel, with serious expressions. Leave it to me to miss the action, because I was asleep. I slowly walked up.
“This doesn’t even make sense! They’re in the sky for Pete’s sake!” Leo shouted, running his fingers through his hair in desperation.
“Anyone wanna tell me what’s going on?” I was standing in the midst of the cluster, but all I could see were clouds.
“The clashing rocks, from the original Jason myth. They’ve been disguised as clouds by the mist, but they’ll still crush us if we pass at the wrong moment.” Annabeth breathed
“Then just go around it!” It was simple logic, it’s not like they could move, right?
“We tried that, it followed us, always just in front of the Argo.” Jason answered
“Well never to fear, the great Lauren-dini is here. I’ll keep the rocks open while we fly through, piece of cake.” I stepped forward and raised my hands to add drama.

Zoey didn’t look convinced “That’s some extreme magic there, you sure you can handle it?”
I wanted to say ‘no, I’m not sure’ but something told me to agree. And I did “Put the boat in forward” Okay, it was supposed to sound all dramatic, but I think it seemed kinda stupid. Leo pulled a lever and spun the wheel. I wracked my brain for the right spell. Permanent open? No, too specific, it wouldn’t work on something this powerful. Split apart? Might work, but that was more for breaking things, not keeping two rocks from crushing you like a bug. The rocks were getting closer, and I still wasn’t sure what to say. I was out of time.

“Cuneo sumus!” It was completely random, ‘we’re a wedge’ but it was working, kinda. Every inch the Argo moved intensified the agonizing pain I was in. I felt like I was holding the sky, or at least I assumed this would be what it felt like. Remind me to never intentionally try my theory. Every ounce of rock and pebbles were pushing against me, waiting for me to crack. It took every bit of my strength from crying out. Every drop of my power. Just a few more feet and we would be out. And I would be free. Just a few more feet, the front of the oat was already out. Then, I was covered, head to toe, in fear. I wouldn’t make it. My head felt dizzy, and the lights started to dim. Almost as if someone was slowly extinguishing the sun.
“Leo…need t” But I didn’t get to finish my sentence. I felt a great relief was lifted from my shoulders, but it all seemed to move to my head. I blacked out.
big smile
im so sorry i havnt been on lately! so sorry! but i had finals to study for. Good news? Tomorow's the last day of school here!!! :D but yeah, i really want the second half now! floating clashing rocks? they sure are persistent, arent they? :P and poor Lauren, that must have taken a lot of energy :( i hope she's gunna be okay?
laugh
Awesome!!!! Lol sorry I didn't read it before XD
blush
OMG!!! I feel so suckish you guys!! Iwas doing reserch for this stupid science project, I clicked on a link and the "FOOSH" by computer went intp code red. I downloaded like fifty-million viruses that took two weeks to get rid of, THe Forbidden Jorney was no where on my hard drive, and *tear tear* I had to rerite two chapters... I feel so bad that i havn't been able to get on, and you guys I love how you apolojize for not reading, but really, I've been a terrible author! I promise not to let this happen again... stupid school

In payment, I present the next chapter!

Continuation of Chapter 2...

Zoey’s POV

Lauren fell to the ground, just as the last few feet of the Argo were passing through the rocks. I ran forward to catch her, and got there just in the nick of time. But with Lauren out, nothing was holding back the rocks. They slammed forward, with their normal force and all that had been kept back. There was a sickening crunch on the back of the boat. I looked back to see the damage. Planks were falling through the sky, and the Argo was taking on, water? Air? Whatever it was, I could tell it wasn’t good.

Leo panicked “Lauren- never mind, um Annabeth? Any ideas?” I was skeptical, but still waiting for Annabeth to whip out come complicated device that would fix the hull. And if she didn’t, hopefully someone would have butter on them because we’d all be toast. I tried to keep a clear mind. Annabeth will think of something. I hope.

“Need this?” David pulled out a ridiculously large roll of duct tape. He pressed a button-type thing on the side, and it grew to about the size of the hole. He looked up “It’s the most useful mortal invention ever, with a little tinkering, it can fix pretty much anything. We’ll seal up this hole in a jiffy, when Lauren comes to, she can make a more permanent fix.” And yes, it was David’s duct tape that saved the day. We continued flying, strait into the most beautiful sunset, and onward to the one forbidden place. The one place I most feared.
Chapter 3

Just Our Luck
Jason’s POV

There were too many gears, too many levers. You’d think a simple wheel would be sufficient for sailing, but no Leo had to add in all this crazy stuff to confuse people. When everyone went below deck to check the hull, it was me who had to stay and try to fly this boat plane hybrid thing.

“It’s easy” Leo had said. And it was, for him. I was good at fighting, but arts and crafts were never my specialty. I remembered that specifically. I remembered lots of things, some I wished I hadn’t though. At Fort Rome, there were slaves. Those who didn’t pass their test, who weren’t worthy of training were the servants of the camp, some were killed, but few lived on, as captives. Of course the conditions were in no way similar to those of ancient times, but slaves were there none the less. They would cook and clean, and even train a little should they have the time to spare. Sure all were treated as people, but not citizens. They lived as well as the fifth, and lowest, legion. Really, the only difference was the lack of training, the chores, and the clothes- a brown toga rather than a purple t-shirt. But still the fact alone that there were slaves, it was hard to believe.

I couldn’t help it, but I was afraid. To come home. The one place I was ever welcomed, and I didn’t want to go back. What had happened to me? A fierce “Dude!” brought me back to the present.
“Holy- oh Leo. Don’t do that!”
“Sorry man but, there’s something below deck.” Leo said. How could something get on? We were miles above sea level, above trees above clouds, above, everything. This didn’t make sense, what could be down there. I took out my gladius, just in case and followed Leo below deck. The hull looked fine, but the people down there? Not so much. Their expressions portrayed worry and heaps of anxiety, even without being told one would be able to tell something was up.

Then I heard it. Something moving around. The thing that made me uneasy was that I didn’t know what “it” was. A monster? Something else that hates me? I felt like I should go commando and yell out ‘come out with your hands up’ but that would probably just make it laugh. We would have to search the place from top to bottom and find whatever it was before we could solve anything. There were four of us down here, David and Zoey were in Lauren’s cabin, it would have to do. We split up and began the search. It was nearly half an hour before anyone found anything, but finally Piper did.

“Holy Hades! YOU?” Okay, so maybe we were looking for a person, not an “it” I ran towards the sound of Piper’s voice. She had found the last thing I expected to see. Jesse.

Pic for chapter two:
OMG!!! I feel so suckish you guys!!  Iwas doing reserch for this stupid science project, I clicked on
over a year ago megamexicana123 said…
cool
u got cool friends dudlink
Finally! Jesse comes into the story!
over a year ago bstras said…
I'm new and great story...
big smile
YES!! you posted!! 4 days ago...man, I'm pretty behind, aren't I? anyways, i cant wait for them to meet PERCY!! but slaves? really? what are the Romans thinking! thats so behind the times-- you'd think that the Civil War would have shaken them up a bit, since they had such a huge role in it and all--but nooo, they just gotta be all old-fashioned. Anywho, cant wait for the next chapter!
big smile
link That spot is for everybody who loves Penguin098 and her work. Let's get as many people as possible in it!
heart
Heyllo people of planet Earth and aliens of Mars. Did you miss me? Well, my first week of Summer has been rainy and gloomy, so I've pretty much lived at the mall, with the exception of writtting of course.

@megamexicana: I'm hoping u ment dude and not dud, but thanks
@Darkling:o whole chapter, his point of view
@bstras: Interesting username, welcome to fanpop, and i'm glad you like my story
@Sylvia: Old fashioned aint it? I'm thinking of making that little tibit extremly important...
@Brittany: I love you. THat's like the nice-est thing anyone's ever done for me

Chapter 4

I Almost Walk the Plank
Jesse’s POV

A million things raced through my mind the second Piper pulled back the curtain I was hiding behind. My first reaction was to spring out before Piper could holler. But when the light flooded the cubby, I froze. Not exactly the introduction I had been planning, but it was easier than just giving myself up.
I did the only logical thing: I stood up and looked around, then I smiled “Hi,” Their expressions were priceless. Piper looked confused, Jason looked mostly mad, Leo appeared to be trying very hard not to laugh, and Annabeth, well she looked like she wanted to run me through with her dagger. So far, things did not look favorable for my future.

“And what are you doing here?” Annabeth was speaking through gridded teeth, her eyes narrowed, dagger in hand. I gulped, eyeing her right hand. Not the greeting I had been preparing myself for either. The plan was to wait until they were far enough away from Camp Half-Blood so that they couldn’t go back. They’d have to deal with my presence. Now, I was starting to see me being forced to walk the plank. I didn’t like the picture.
“Funny story actually,” I started, my confidence fading with every word.
“Does it start with you sneaking on the boat?” Piper asked. My voice was completely gone now: all I could do was nod. The awkward conversation that follows is one I’d rather not tell, but I can say it did not involve any plank walking, just dirty looks.

“Where’s the rest? I only see four. Aren’t there supposed to be seven people on this boat?” I asked.
“Eight now” Annabeth muttered. Then, Lauren stumbled above deck.
She started with “Did I miss anything?” But stopped short the second her eyes found me.
“Naw, not really” I waved my arm, as if her question was an annoying insect. I may have been most comfortable around Lauren than with anyone else on the Argo, but I was also the most scared of her. The one person you can talk to, turns out to be the one thing you fear. Not the easiest of feelings to manage. They pushed me below deck, and showed me my “room” and with room I mean closet with a bed in the middle. I heard a click behind me. I was locked in. So far, the plan was not going well. I thought of using the apple of discord to get out, many times. But the thing was, once the power was let lose, it was hard to control it. Scratch that- it was impossible to control it. Kicking the door didn’t work either. But listening did. I pressed my ear to the door.

“What are we going to do with him?” It was David who was talking, his voice coated with a thick layer of disgust.
“Maybe it’s meant to be, maybe-” Lauren started.
“He’ll ruin our chances of surviving this” Piper finished. I imagined her arms flailing around, to show everyone what “this” was.
Then, Annabeth agreed “Seven is a strong number in Greece, it’s like who you can only take two people on a quest with you, for ‘safety’ reasons.”
“Oh come on! You have got to be kidding me. Safety? Since when are our lives about ‘safety’?” Leo. The one person who could throw in a joke in any situation. And what he said was true, a demigod’s life was anything but safe.

Then total chaos broke out. One person raised their voice a little, the next a little more, and so on. Then the ‘slightly raised voices’ turned into shouts. I smiled. A fight, they were fighting over me. Maybe most people would be alarmed at the fact, but for a kid who’s been rejected his whole life, it was awesome. They cared enough to actually fight. David hollered specifically loud, and the shouts stopped.
“Look, it’s not like we can throw him in the brig, or make him walk the plank. We’re stuck with him. We’ll just have to deal with it.” David said, his voice still slightly raised. They may not be happy with it, but they weren’t going to get rid of me. Yet. Just get through tonight, if you can do that, you can stay alive until we reach Fort Rome. I was trying to convince myself, and it probably would have worked, if it wasn’t for the ‘I hope’ added on the end.
laugh
hahaha! "I was trying to convince myself, and it probably would have worked, if it wasnt' for the 'I hope' added on the end."
LOVE it! xD
I like the comedy your adding in, it keeps the story from becoming too doom and gloom. Cuz you know, any story that has Giants rising, the Titaness Gaia being your enemy, a bunch a bloody-thirsty monsters, and a secret Roman camp that supposedly shares an animosity with the Greek camp, who may or may not feel the same way, is definentaly bound to be depressing. My my, that was a long list wasnt it? :P
big smile
I'm thinking of just posting every 5 days, insted of just randomly now... And, scince I won't be here, HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY... random question here but does it annoy you when people call it independence day? Idk, but it does with meh...

@Sylvia: doom and gloom with a sprinkle of comedy, makes for an enjoyable story I hope... Glad you enjoy my litttle tibits of humor.

Chapter 5

We Go Ice Skating
Lauren’s POV

It was colder today, or maybe that was just the emotions in the air. Things were tense on the Argo, because of one number: 8. Eight people were now sailing on this forbidden path, but eight was simply too many. The prophecy said seven, so seven champions were chosen to represent each camp. But someone’s ego had gotten in the way. Someone just couldn’t stay behind. That someone was Jesse. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great guy, but there were times when he went too far. I’ll give you a hint, this was one of them.

I could see my breath as I sat on the deck, lost in thought. The scene on the Argo this morning was something no person would ever dream of witnessing: eight teenagers gathered together, and no noise. A single pin-drop would sound like a cannon shot at this point. Here, there was only a sticky silence where everyone seemed to be lost in their own world of worst-case-scenarios. I was to the point where, if anyone just happened to explode, I wouldn’t be surprised. I heard Leo shout something about bad winds, and looked up. He was right, but it wasn’t the type of “bad” I was expecting. I thought he was talking about bad, as in going in the wrong direction, not actually evil, but there they were. I smiled as I squeezed my left index finger, summoning Mist, a good fight was exactly what everyone needed.

The Snow? Not so much. When the first venti touched down, so did the first snowflake. Then another, and another, and- well I think you get it, it was down pouring, in an almost beautiful kind of way. But our fighting, well, it was like we were all elephants learning to ice skate for the first time. The deck began to freeze over, and I kept losing my balance. Ice skates would have definitely been much more affective at this point. As if that wasn’t hard enough, whenever I got a good hit, my knife would just pass right through it. I looked around, no one else seemed to be having much luck either, then there was Jason. He, being the all powerful son of Jupiter, could hit the stupid clouds. Most of the time that is; it probably would have been easier if he could walk.

I looked over towards the wheel. Leo was still there, he seemed to be trying to steer the boat away, but the gears had frozen over, just like the deck. There was an unusually strong wind, the magic kind, worse yet the evil kind too. My heart skipped a beat as it pushed the first lever to the right forwards. It was the only one I knew the function of.
Leo began pushing at it, desperately trying to put it back, but the wind was too strong “Uh Guys!” He shouted, “Situation over here!” But no one seemed to hear him over the storm. And, it was too late. The Argo II plummeted out of the sky.

God, do I wish there was a little falg emote... :-/
I'm thinking of just posting every 5 days, insted of just randomly now... And, scince I won't be here
big smile
Holy Crap. They better act fast unless they want the monsters to eat them as pancakes...Or, in Percy's case, a pizza, just no extra olives! lol :P So now i just have to wait 3 days for your next post? *sigh* this is gunna be a loong wait. oh well, at least now i know when your gunna post! :D cant wait for Thursady! And happy Fourth of July!
PS: It does bug me when people call it Independance Day. I thought I was the only one! :O
PPS: I love the picture! I seriously love art :D Where did you get it?
over a year ago Kittycat19 said…
This is a great story! I just finished:)
over a year ago dezzypoo said…
heart
that was AMAZING!!!!! plzzzzz post soon!!! i love it!!!
blush
God, for reasons still unnamed, my computer was taken away, so I have been unable to post on time, so sorry for the over due chapie, and hopefully it won't happen again (probably not)

@SylviaI jsut googled snow storm, i liked how there was a boat, kinda goes along with the chapie
@Kitty:Gland u like it
@Dezzy: I love enthusiasm like that, hope the story will continue to keep you interested.

Chapter 6

The Ice Queen
Leo’s POV

Strangely enough, the worst part of falling to my death, wasn’t the whole death part. Nor was it the falling itself. For me, it was the little voice nagging in the bag of my head. You failed them it whispered. And I knew it was right. My fault. I almost installed that lock on the fly-gear, almost, and look where it landed me. Maybe landed wasn’t the best word though. It didn’t cross my mind how strange it was that I had so much time to think about all this. I didn’t realize how the air seemed to be getting colder as I descended, rather than warmer. That is, until the snow spoke.

“You shall never reach the ground,” it spoke
My first thought was ‘Ok, I’m officially insane’ but more insane things had happened to me in the past six months. Then my thoughts drifted to possibilities. I remembered the very hot, very cruel Khione, goddess of snow. The snow burned my hand, in a frost-bite kind of way.
“How dare you insult me, I’m cold Leo Valdez, and you better remember that. Say hi to Hades for me” If snow could smirk, it certainly was now. The ground was rushing up at me, a little girl with pigtails started pointing and yelling “Look at the birdy mommy!” I laughed as the mother made some poor attempt to catch me or something. I just hoped the others would be okay. Jesse could have my spot.

“Gotcha Valdez!” It was Piper. She had grabbed the collar of my shirt, much like how a mother cat carried around her kittens, with just seconds to spare. I looked down at the little girl and her mom, who looked like she might faint, and for a mortal, she had a pretty good reason. Piper, who was holding onto my shirt so tight it looked like her fingers would fall off at any moment, was being floated up to a cloud where the others were standing, all six of them. My heart skipped a beat, thank god they were all okay. Now if I could just find the Argo II, and fix it up, we would get back into the air in no time. Now for the hard part, finding it.

Zoey seemed to have read my mind, because instead of getting the suffocating hug I was expecting, she just pointed down and a little to the right. Miraculously, somehow, the Argo had landed in a lake. It appeared unharmed, with the exception of the trail of smoke wafting from below deck. But I could fix that. A few loose bolts were probably the problem. We’d be back on track in no time.
“Ok. Give me a screwdriver, hammer, and some spare metal.” I felt some extra weight added to my tool belt and knew it had worked. I half jumped, half floated to the boat and started working away. Thankfully, there wasn’t much that needed fixing, just a stubborn fly lever stuck on the wrong side. I tried everything from pushing, to unscrewing the ting all together, but I still couldn’t get it to budge.

“Need some help?” Jason landed on the deck. By now, I was quite far beyond frustrated, and willing to take up on anyone’s help.
I looked at him, talking more with my eyes than anything “Could you, um, you know,” And Jason, thankfully, got the message. A gust of wind hit, pushing the lever forward. “Thanks.” He just nodded as the Argo began to gain altitude. I stood up and resumed by captain responsibilities, as if nothing had happened. But stuff had, Jason was more distant, especially towards Piper and me, specifically Piper, and she was picking up on it. And the stress of the trip wasn’t helping. Normally, a “flight” from Long Island to Sand Diego would take a few hours. But the Argo couldn’t go as fast as a jet or a plane. If all went smoothly, the whole trip would take two days. Add demigod issues, and who knows how long? We were already closing up on day three and we were over Ohio. I wasn’t sure how much more of this I could take.

THought this was a pretty good Khione, she has the perfect amount of hate in her eyes...
God, for reasons still unnamed, my computer was taken away, so I have been unable to post on time, so
over a year ago Kittycat19 said…
big smile
Amazing! You are a great writer! (I'm more of a reader; too scared to try to write like that)
laugh
This is sooo good! i absolutley LOVE, ADORE, LOOOOOVE Leo! His chapters are the best! they're so funny, lol
please post soon!
hmmm
Gah, I hate writters block, and i hate this chapter, so short! I'm so sorry, but the wall in my head is killing me! On the other hand, I went and saw HP7pII at midnihgt, and you have to see it! Best movie ever!!!!

@Kitty: YOu shouldn't be afraid, if you love what you're ritting about, it WILL be good
@Sylvia: Leo's my fav from TLH too, it was hard to capture his humor, but fun and definatly worth it

Chapter 7

When Planks Fly
David’s POV

In the heat of the day, and the lateness of Lauren’s waking the day before, I, along with the rest on board, had forgotten the duct-taped hole in the hull. That is, until the duct tape fell off. Now, you’re probably expecting me to start shouting out, trying to get the other’s attention. But, the thing is, I was so comfy, wrapped up in a blanket, sipping some hot cocoa. Making small-talk with Lauren and Zoey. I just didn’t feel like moving. Jesse, however, didn’t feel the same way apparently. He jumped up and hollered
“What in the name of Zeus is that?” He shouted, pointing at the sheet of duct-tape floating back down to earth.
“That.” I replied “Was the one thing keeping us in the air.” I looked over at Zoey; she must have felt it, the boat sinking, because there was a panicked look on her face. Maybe duct-tape wasn’t the most reliable thing in the world I thought, and it was defiantly not the right time to give Lauren the duct-tape flower I made her. Lauren probably felt the same way I did, all cozy and warm, she just looked up and waved her wand, not even bothering to mutter a spell, and the planks of the hull, the very same that had fallen I suspected, flew up and rejoined with the Argo, as if nothing had happened. I stood up and stretched, exhausted.
“Do what you want, but I am going to bed” I announced “Good Night.” As I walked down the corridor, and entered my room I stared at the clock, 11:59. Day four, here we come.

The duct-tape flowers
Gah, I hate writters block, and i hate this chapter, so short! I'm so sorry, but the wall in my head
Gods, I apologize for the previous chapter!!! Here's a better one:

Chapter 8

Mixed Feelings
Jason’s POV

It was colder tonight, far colder than it ever was at Camp Half-Blood, and certainly not as cold as it was at Fort Rome. It rarely dropped to seventy degrees there. Up in the open sky though, it barely reached fifty. At night, well, you wanted something warm to snuggle under. Like my comforter, which was maybe a little too warm for my liking. A very good reason to throw it on the floor, where it was now resting, and collecting dust. I had been trying, but failing terribly, to fall asleep for some hours now. It was clear sleep was never going to come. How wrong I was.

My dreams, if you call them that, started off like this: I was standing in a huge arena, that was completely deserted, walking next to a huge, gray wolf. I knew this wolf to be Lupa, and that she would not harm me, but still, the little two-year-old me was scared at the memory of her almost killing me earlier. Lupa toured me around my new home, ending at the wolf house again. She gave me strict orders to stay put, but I was two, and in no way mature enough to listen. So I toddled forward and stared at the sight. On Lupa’s back was a little girl, a baby. She looked only one year old. Her hair was brown and cut into a short bob, her eyes were gold like the sun. I smiled at the little girl, not knowing her name. The memory ended.

I was now five by the looks of it, running through the woods, next to the same girl. Her hair was much longer, as if she hadn’t cut it in four years. I had a gladius in my hands, her a bow and arrow. Both of us were running as if our lives depended on it, with my knowledge of Fort Rome, was probably true.
“I don’t hear it anymore Reyna,” the five-year-old me said, gasping for breath.
“Fine, you stop, but when you get caught outside after curfew, don’t blame me!” Reyna shouted back, still sprinting. I rolled my eyes and started jogging again, hoping I would catch up with her before she got to the Apollo cabin. The memory changed again.

It was much later now, I was at least thirteen, walking slowly in the moon light, watching my every step. Something grabbed my arm and I nearly jumped out of my skin. I turned around, weapon in hand, relaxing when I saw her face.
“You could’ve met me in thousands of nicer ways, I thought Lupa had caught me.” I whispered.
“But, that wouldn’t have been half as fun.” She said, her gold eyes reflecting the moonlight. I sighed.
“Alright flare, what is it that’s so important we have to risk our lives?” I said, smiling at the nickname I had given her, she was the daughter of Apollo after all.
“This isn’t a time for jokes Jason! It’s, it’s about my mother.” Oh, well that changes things. Reyna had never really got a chance to bond with her mother, sure she wrote her, but rarely anything came back. “She’s dead.” I stopped dead in my tracks. Reyna sat down. Never, ever had I seen her cry, and now was no exception. I sat next to her, and in silence, we watched the moon cross the sky. I stroked hairs off her face, trying to sooth her, she fell asleep during the last hours of the night. In my arms.

I was sixteen now, at the base of the titan headquarters. Reyna was beside me, bow in hand, she looked scared. I knew what was going to happen. All of Fort Rome was heading into war. I felt desperate fear that I, or worse, Reyna wouldn’t make it back. She looked around, as if making sure no one was watching. No one was. She threw down her bow and launched into my arms, which were open waiting for her. She kissed me, I blushed, but it was nice. And way overdue. I was lost in it, until someone tapped my arm.
“Am I interrupting? Because there’s a war going on, and if you don’t mind, we’d like you two to tag along.” Said Gwen, a frilly, sarcastic, daughter of Venus, who you didn’t want on your bad side. I turned to look at Reyna. Her face was redder than a tomato, and I probably looked the same.
“Fine Gwen, I won’t kiss my girlfriend goodbye.” I snapped back. Reyna’s face was a deep shade of crimson now,
“Yeah, sure like either of you are going to die.” Joked Bobby, a son of Vulcan. “All of us are going back to Fort Rome. And that’s an order.”

I woke up, gasping, worse than from a bad dream. We started dated after the war, Reyna and me. It’s not like we broke up. I thought of Annabeth, and how miserable Reyna might be. I thought of Piper, my mist-created girlfriend. Oh my gods, Piper.

This is what I think Reyna looks like:
Gods, I apologize for the previous chapter!!! Here's a better one:

Chapter 8

Mixed Feelings
Ja
Fine, don't comment

Chapter 9

Kiss, Don’t Tell
Zoey’s POV

The second I woke up, I knew today was going to be a bad day. And it wasn’t the fact that half of my plants were dead that tipped me off. Well, maybe a little. The deck was especially gloomy, only to be enforced by the abundance of mist on deck. I walked around the deck, sipping on a Mountain Dew, before giving up. There was nothing on this flying death-trap that could turn the day around. I went to take another sip, only to find it empty. Sliding down the wall, I crushed the can and tossed it over the side of the ship.

“You know littering is punishable by law,” Jesse sat down next to me.
“Yup, and flying a huge boat across America is totally legal,” I said
“No laws against it.” He smirked “If it’s not possible, how are they supposed to ban it?”
“Good logic.” I sighed “Jesse, why are you here. Honestly, why?”
He took a deep breath, possibly stalling his answer and started, “I had too.” I looked at him, waiting for more, but he was done.
“That’s it!”
He shrugged “Like you would have stayed if you didn’t get a little green light. Like you would have stood by as your friends went off to die. You’re a sensible girl. You’d be right here regardless if you were supposed to be.”
“I guess you’re a sensible boy then, because right you are. I’d be on this boat if I had to fly.”

I took a second to look into his eyes. His dark, beautiful, green eyes. The next moment is a total blur. One second I was leaning against the wall and the nest, my lips were on his. I blushed and starred at my feet. When I looked up, Jesse was gone. What was I thinking? He had a girlfriend for god’s sake! I felt a sudden need to scrub my mouth out with soap. Standing up, only to be knocked down by a teary Piper, followed by a shouting Jason.
“Come on Piper! It’s not like that!” He shouted.
She turned, a furious expression now mixed in with the salty streaks on her face, “You knew you had a girlfriend for weeks! And instead of telling me, you snuggled in closer. For weeks Jason! And you think we can still be friends!”
“Well, when you say it that was it sounds kinda bad.”

Piper gave Jason a death stare, and turned to leave. I did the same, the leaving part, collapsing on my bed, seconds before Lauren and David barged in.
I sat up, “There’s this new fad sweeping across the world. It’s called knocking; you should try it some time.”
“When boats fly,” David sat on the bed
“What up with Piper? I passed her in the hall and she was in tears.” Lauren joined us on the bed, which was starting to strain under the weight of three people
“Reyna,” I said. Lauren nodded.
“Oh yeah, Reyna. Right. Who’s Reyna again?” David asked
I stifled a laugh “Jason’s girlfriend,”
Lauren must have read his confused expression because she added, “Reyna was in the same position as Annabeth. Piper was the former, by the looks of it.”
He nodded, “Poor Piper, let’s hope Percy hasn’t found other, acquaintances. Or we’ll all be dead.” There was a moment of awkward laughing. But it was true. I considered telling them about my happenings with Jesse, deciding against it. This could be my little secret.
ooh, I hope you're going somewhere with this, because to be honest, this chapter is the one I don't have good feelings for. I don't know whether to yell, punch something, or throw up *eye twitch*
blush
Sorry it took so long! YOu know how I said i was going on vacation? or at least ment to? Well, turns out only a small portion was in civilization. THe past eighteen days I've been in a "magical" place where there's no internet connection,no cell service, and color television is non existent. AKA, my grandparents house.

@Darkling:I figured youl wouldn't, but trust me, I'm definatly[i/] going somewhere wiht this

Chapter 10

Our Next Move
Jesse’s POV

We were approaching our sixth day upon the Argo, nearing the end of Nevada. We hadn’t been attacked for two days, and no one had been fighting. Well, at least not to the point where weapons were drawn. To you, this may seem like a dream come true, and really, why wouldn’t it? Who would want to be attacked? The thing is, we were bound to be attacked at some point, and the longer it took, the longer [i]they
had to organize.

I thought it was time to plan, like our enemies were undoubtedly doing, our next move. It took a while to convince everyone else on this matter. And the fact that most were mad at me didn’t help much. But, to my utter delight, they all eventually collected in the meeting room, which also functioned as my room when I couldn’t hold my eyes open another second. Did I mind? Yes. But it was better than the closet.

I looked out at the table before me, seeing seven pairs of eyes looking right back. Leo was the one who broke the silence.
“Why are we here again? The ship’s autopilot isn’t very good,”
“Well, we’re over Nevada now, and we all know the Romans are fierce. I thought it was time to develop a battle strategy,” Everyone pondered this for a moment, considering possible attempts.
Jason spoke first, “It’s crucial to get this right, if they sense attack, which is probably the only logical response, we’ll be in trouble,”
“Well what about a flag of truce,” Piper suggested. It took all my strength to keep from bursting out laughing. A flag of truce would be immediately considered as a trick, maybe even a joke. The attack would be worse with one.

I glanced at Zoey, trying to read her face, but quickly looked away, feeling butterflies grow in my stomach.
“But would it be enough? A flag of truce wouldn’t guarantee that Fort Rome was safe.” Annabeth mentioned
“Lauren!” Leo suddenly shouted out, “You could make the boat invisible right?”
She blushed, claiming that it might happen, but would only last about five seconds, and the fact that she’d be out for the action that followed. I was skeptical too, but my rage was building, this was getting us nowhere.
“Let’s put Annabeth in front” Zoey said, and though she seemed cool and content, her expression read that she was as impatient as I was.

It took a whole bunch of my courage to question her idea, “Why not Jason? He’s like, their leader.”
“But they might assume he’s a prisoner. And with Percy in the battle, surely he’s got some followers, he’s be a little hesitant to attack once seeing her right? He’ll probably remember who Annabeth is.” It was the most sensible thing I had ever heard Piper say.
“He does!” Annabeth blushed, “I- I mean I hope, he has to right?” She looked around for reassurance, and Lauren gave her the best.

“I for one love it. Jason, what are the odds Percy would be in the front with legion 1?”
He pondered it for a moment, “From what you tell me?” He asked, “High,”
I still don’t think he Leo liked it, “Perfect, and if they attack?”David was the one who suggested Jason come over an inter comm. And try to convince Fort Rome that we came in peace and all that junk, but still Leo doubted it. “And if they attack?”
I sat there, a wicked grin on my face. This is why I came, “Then we fight.”

I couldn’t think of a picture to put here, so please enjoy this collection of odd and funny pictures and whatnot displayed below:
Sorry it took so long! YOu know how I said i was going on vacation? or at least ment to? Well, turns
Okay, NOW I hope your going somewhere with this, because for the whole story I have been waiting for Jesse to use his greatest weapon, and using it in battle is the greatest place to use it.
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
Great Story Please Post
I think I owe you all a huge apology. HTe thing is, as you could probably tell, the quality of my writting has dwindled in the last few chapters. THe thing is i lost my inspiration for writting. I didn't want to post becasue I think you guys deserve better writting than I would be giving you, so I stopped. I stopped fanpop all together, but now I'm back. And writting, the Son of Neptune gave me new inspiration, but it still may be a while before the next chapter is out, but don't worry, I'll make sure it's my best (which really isn't much) and yes, this will be my best RR/demigod fanfic, but I may write other stories, completly original. MY best of wishes that you enjoy the Son of Neptune as much as I did and my best hopes that I shall be posting regularly again soon,
~Penguin098
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! GET BACK TO DOING IT RIGHT NOW, MISSY! But, I'm sorry for not reading it, I've just been super duper busy. But, I must admit, it isn't the greatest, but for a teenager writing this stuff, it's pretty damn good.
First, do yourself a favor and finish the Son of Neptune before reading the following chapters. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. Again, very sorry! Here's two chapters. Enjoy!

Chapter 11

San Diego
David’s POV

The last thing I wanted to do was get into a fight with my best friend. Especially on a day like this. But naturally, that’s what happened, or at least that’s how I saw it. I was walking to my cabin with Lauren, when I saw Zoey get jerked off to the side. I stopped, and listened, curious about what was happening. I heard a harsh voice, followed by a softer one.
“I know very well that it was wrong! I’m no idiot!” Zoey said
“Then why did you!” The harsh voice asked.
“Because I did. It felt right. And you started it,”
“Sure, of course it’s all my fault! Fine. Whatever.”
I was intrigued enough that I snuck a glace around the corner. Jesse was standing there, lecturing my non-sister about what I guessed to be kissing him. And he looked like the only thing he wanted to do was try it again.

This bothered me, probably more than it should, but I tried to push it out of my mind. We were over Nevada now, and we were scheduled to arrive in a few hours. I can’t remember ever feeling so nervous in all of my existence. Which is saying a lot if you think about it. I took to pacing the deck, and that is how I found it. Something clattered to the floor, I had probably dropped it, but it was unimportant at the moment. I ran down the deck.

Finally reaching the door, I barged in, brushing pass her without a glace, causing a look of both confusion and anxiety to sprout up on her face. I tried hard to ignore Zoey as I dragged her out of her room, throwing open the blinds in Lauren’s. It took them a second to realize my actions. A heavy fog loomed in the distance, slightly obscuring my vision, I suspected mist might be at play as well, and it had a good reason to. Fort Rome lay directly in front of us.

Chapter 12

It’s a Bird! It’s a Plane!
Percy’s POV

I stared up at the sky, imagining what would happen for the umpteenth time. Annabeth was on that ship, I was sure about it. What made me uneasy was the fact that I had been gone so long. I was more worried that she’d jokingly hurt me, and with my curse of Achilles gone, who knows what might happen. I looked over at Reyna, she wore the same look of frustration as Octavian. Except she didn’t look like she wanted to shoot the Argo out of the sky. I looked around at the other campers. Most had their weapons drawn: not a good sign.

But that all changed when Jason started speaking. I wasn’t really sure if it was Jason, but at least half of the Roman campers dropped their weapons immediately. Octavian turned to glare at me. I just smiled as my heart continued skipping beats.
“Hey guys, we’d appreciate it if you cleared a space for this, um, warship so we can land. And we’re not attacking, so you can stop panicking and stuff. We’ll be landing momentarily.” He said. Annabeth climbed the mast that second, searching the crowd below us. Gods, had I missed her.

Hazel looked like she was trying hard not to faint. Leo or Sammy, whichever you prefer was on that boat too. He had some explaining to do. But all of that could wait. The only thing that mattered was me getting to the ship first. It had landed.
wink
Do yourself a favor and finish the SoN before reading this, I'm going by RR version and I don't want to ruin anything for anyone. Also, I had this big shpeel of my version of the camps reuniting, but I ditched all of that. RR writting rules over mine and I'm going with what he said (i.e. Parentage, cliffies, descriptions, ect.) so try to forget what I said portaining to those subjects... so ya. Chapt 13...

Chapter 13

The Supreme Commander of the Argo II
Hazel’s POV

I thought my life was bad, and that was before my boyfriend came back from the dead. But I tried hard to push that thought out of my mind. I was determined to enjoy this day. No way was I going to ruin Percy’s moment. Or Reyna’s for that matter. She looked happier than ever. I was excited too, I hadn’t seen Jason in so long, it would be good to have him back. Better for the sanity of camp. But none of that seemed to matter right now. I looked out at the huge bronze ship resting on the Fields of Mars. Percy was funny: he was practically jumping up and down, never taking his eyes off of the grey-eyed blond in an orange “Camp-Half Blood” t-shirt. Just like Percy’s.

A wide grin spread on the girl’s face when she spotted Percy. It was quickly replaced with a look of pure anger seconds later though. She marched off the boat and gave him a not-so-friendly punch in the arm.
“Perceus Jackson!” she yelled, “How dare you get yourself kidnapped for eight months!”
Percy just smiled and leaned down, “Now come on owl-head, don’t act like you didn’t miss me.” He held his arms open for the girl and she ran right in, burying her face in his t-shirt, pulling him in for an affectionate kiss. That was the last I saw of Percy all day.

Jason emerged right after the blond. A cheer erupted from the crowd as they swarmed him. I grinned even wider. Reyna looked happy, but I knew she was holding back. It would look bad if she bowed down at the sight of her almost-boyfriend. Jason looked happier than I remembered him. Less serious. I assumed that was a result of his encounter with the Greeks. They always were a laid back civilization. Next came a pretty girl with brown hair that looked like she had let a two year-old cut it. I didn’t like how she looked from Jason back to Reyna and then to Jason again. Laughing and smiling a trio consisting of two girls and a guy came out. Except, I had seen those girls before. One was Zoey, the other Lauren. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. Lauren was –or used to be- a loner. Not a Greek. Then walked out Sammy. The supreme commander of the, what had he called it? The Argo II.

I stared at him for a few seconds, not really sure what to expect. I prayed that he wouldn’t know me, and that our lives together could just start out fresh. Naturally, my prayers were ignored. For the most part. Though he did stare at me, constantly opening and then closing his mouth. It was as if he wanted to say something but wasn’t quite sure how to form the words in a way that wouldn’t scare me. I mostly hid behind Frank. But this couldn’t keep going forever. Eventually, I would have to face him. I gulped. Maybe we were meant to be, or maybe Gaia was trying to get inside my head. Again.

That night Sammy finally got the courage to talk to me. Turns out his name was really Leo, and he could blow stuff up. Or at least that was the first thing he told me. I smiled at the joke. There was so little humor in camp these days, well, it would be nice to have jokester lurking about. I thought of a million ways to answer him, and about half of them might have even been good, but all I said was a simple hi and went back to my food. It didn’t work: Leo sat down next to me, and after much brow-furrowing he asked the question of the night
“Do I know you?”
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
Nice
over a year ago apollorules123 said…
heart
hey penguin how does dauren sound for david loving lauren?
sunny
Well, I feel incredibly mean. The thing is, this is the last chapter and I wanted to make it perfect. And that was hard, especially because my brother deleted all my work on it, so i re-wrote it, ad then found the original edited the two together and voila! CHapter fourteen... sorry for the wait, but i'm very proud of it and really hope ya'll enjoy it.

@apollorules: I like it, your the first wone to come up wit something. I like it cause it reminds of like some softy couple saying "dove you" and that, it flows

Chapter 14

Departure
Piper’s POV

Leo Valdaz had a twin. That’s the rumor that was circling around camp. It was the best anyone could think of. Why else would his look alike be running around New-Orleans in the 30s? The one girl- Hazel I think- was making some huge deal about it. I personally didn’t think it was that big of a problem, he was here, the other wasn’t. There were certainly bigger issues at hand. Like the fact that Jason had an almost girl friend, or how Nico had a sister, and Reyna just happened to know Percy. Or the whole thing about the giants and Gaea, the world ending. That was important too.

We should be preparing to leave. As in right now, but no. I’ve been stuck in some stupid meeting for the past five hours. Everyone was fighting over who got to ride to Greece on the Argo II. Jason, Leo, and me had already been chosen. It was pretty obvious Percy was going too, and he claimed Frank and Hazel had been “chosen by the gods” too. That only left one spot. I’ll just say it’s a good thing weapons aren’t allowed. Lauren was using every ounce of strength to get that spot.
“I can’t lose him again!” Annabeth yelled. I felt bad for her. She was white as a ghost, breathing hard. Percy squeezed her tight and whispered something in her ear, but still nothing changed.

Reyna spoke, “I remember Percy talking to me. He said Juno predicted the one closest to him would cause us the most trouble. It was predicted that the child of Athena will walk alone. I only see one, she should not go.” The tips of Percy’s ears were scarlet. He had possibly just ruined Annabeth’s chances of coming. I got an idea.
“Look,” I started, “the prophecy says there will be seven heroes, but we’re supposed to be fighting the giants, not exactly an easy task. We’ll need more than seven fighters. Reyna, you think you should go, then go, take the last spot. Annabeth, if you think you’ll be needed, come too. This is about uniting two different worlds. It won’t work if we stay separated.” I sat down. Annabeth shot me a look of thanks. I smiled. “Can we go now?”

Lauren’s POV

I was grateful for everything Piper said. She had been my ticket to fighting. But I was mad too. Chiron said I had a big part in the war, but now I wasn’t even part of the seven? I needed time to think. That’s when Lupa found me. I was looking out on the river, as she pranced up. I was thankful to find she was in her human form.
“What is it that is troubling you child,” She asked.
“I was told I’d play a big role, and now. I don’t know. I feel like I have more to prove, like I should be doing more. I feel like…”
“Like you have done enough. Do you think Jason would have been able to find Camp Jupiter without you? Do you think this would have gone as peacefully, as quickly as it did? I may even forgive you for lying to every member of the legion because of this. You did not fail.”
I took a deep breath. The cool air felt good, it made me more alert. Looking upon Lupa’s eyes, I could tell she meant every word. I would do something. Something big.

Breakfast was quiet the next morning. The seven were running about, making sure everything was perfect. Annabeth was a wreck, and I felt for her. Eight months she had waited for that guy. And now she was going to lose him all over again. I wanted to comfort her, I just didn’t know how. I looked across the table at Zoey. She’d dealt with the transition well. A lot better than anyone expected. Then my eyes fell on David. I couldn’t imagine him in a war, but there was no one else I wanted next to me in a fight. We were spending more and more time together, the three of us. I tried not to think of it too much, but the next few weeks may very well be our last. War was on the horizon, and it was sure to leave heavy casualties and heavy hearts. David seemed to be reading my mind.
“We’ll make it back.”
“Promise?”
Zoey laughed, “Please. It’ll be nice to kill, like a free pass to get out all our anger.”
“I didn’t know you had it in you” I joked.
“Bah, we all have it” David said, “it’s just how we show it that differs.” I smiled. For the first time for a while, I felt free of my burdens, free of responsibility. Deep down, the fear that one may perish vanished. We were strong enough. We were smart enough. And we certainly wouldn’t go down without a fight.
over a year ago NarutoUchiha4 said…
Can you my character in your story?

His name is Naruk (Son of Nike)
And his girlfriend is Jess Fernandez of Apollo Cabin. IF you need anymore info, just go to the last page of New Demigod Creator and it should be there.