Percy Jackson & The Olympians Books Caught In the Middle

penguin098 posted on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:56PM
Ok, so I'm a super fan of the Percy Jackson seires and the Heroes of Olympus seires and I thought I should introduce you to a new demigod, who might just save the world, her name is Lauren she's a daughter of Hecate who just wants to be accepted.

The first chapter takes place before Percy defeats Krosos and goes on from there. I appologize in advance for my spelling (we really need spell cheack here)

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson, Jason, Piper, or any of those ppl, ect. Dispite my prayers to the writing gods, i have never met Rick Riorden and therefore cannot have stolen any of his ideas

Also, Spaming, please don't, if the comment isn't a complament, question about the story, or constructive critisism, don't say it. Flames will only be used to roast marshmellows (spelling, ik) for the kinder people, so yea i guess i really on't care about that stuff.

Wittout further adu(sp) i peresent to you... Caught in the Middle!!!
last edited on Feb 24, 2011 at 04:55PM

Percy Jackson & The Olympians Books 152 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 152

over a year ago percysmile said…
surprise
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo ok stop there is a person wanting to know who u are I'm Percysmile and I think I'm a demigod it may seam werd but I'm ADHD and dislexea boom a recape for a demigod any why Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I need to know what happens next Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
over a year ago penguin098 said…
sunny
FYI: I leave tomorrow for Harry Potter world *fistpump* so I wont be able to post again until Monday. I left y'all twochapters, read them all at once, block it out, or save it, I don't really care. Just keep in mind that you have to live until monday...

Chapter 18

I meet Aqua
Lauren’s POV

“You comin’?” I asked
“I’m not a counselor” Zoey started to walk away
“So” I said, stopping her “Chiron said you could come. Don’t you want to see Jason, even if he has no idea of who you are?” She just looked at me
“I can’t”
“Fine. See you later I guess.” I rushed off to the big house, hoping I wasn’t late, but of course I was. I slipped into a seat in the background, hoping no one saw me. I saw Jesse and Anna a little farther back. They were holding hands. Odd. The child of Peace in love with the child of Discord. Luckily, Jason just continued talking
“When I got here, my memory was wiped. I didn’t know who I was or where I belonged. Fortunately, you guys took me in and I found a new home. I know you’re not my enemy. The Roman camp-they’re not so friendly. You prove your worth quickly, or you don’t survive. They may not be so nice to him, and if they learn where he comes from, he’s going to be in serious trouble.” I gulped, remembering my first visit with Lupa, how nervous I was. Poor Percy.
“Him?” Leo said. “Who are you talking about?”
“My Boyfriend,” Annabeth said grimly.”He disappeared around the same time Jason appeared. If Jason came to camp half blood-“
“Exactly,” Jason agreed “Percy Jackson is at the other camp, and he probably doesn’t even remember who he is.” (god I hate how the book ended)
Everyone started mumbling amongst themselves. Annabeth started crying a little. I rushed over to her.
“He won’t remember us. Five years to get us here, and now he’ll probably have another girlfriend” She wiped a tear away.
“Now, we don’t know that. Jason remembered Thalia right? Well, maybe Percy will remember you” I tried to reassure her. She just shrugged and silently cried. So much for that. I walked around for the rest of the day, not really training, not really doing anything on that note. Just walking. I found myself at the camp border. One more step and I would be outside. I took the step. No one noticed. I took another. Another. And finally I dissipated, asking to be taken to the place I needed to go. I didn’t really know where that was, but I worked. I opened my eyes to see the Wolf House, a bent coin laying in the middle. It was Jason’s.
“Lupa?” I called out
She stalked out from the shadows, ready to pounce. She relaxed when she saw I was me “Ah child, what brings you here.”
“I am in great need of training, and seeing Reyna” I replied.
“Go ahead” And she walked away. I made way to the main part of Fort Rome, but even when I passed the Arena, I didn’t go in. I was searching for Reyna, but right now I had a bigger mission. I had to find him. I went straight to the river that made the boarder of half of the camp. I saw him, and Reyna. They were sitting on the rocks, talking.
“Lauren” Reyna stood up. “Oh my gods I have so much to tell you.” I just ran over.
“Who’s this?” I said, even if he was practically my best friend
“That. Is a very good question” She answered. I titled my head a bit, pretending to be confused. Reyna laughed. “We call him Aqua. His dad is NEPTUNE.”
“No way” I replied.
He shrugged “It’s not that cool. I wish I knew my real name”
“You don’t remember anything?”
He shook his head “All I know is that this” He pulled out a pen “Is riptide. This” He pulled out his camp necklace “Is somehow important, and that I see a fuzzy picture of” He stopped mid sentence. “You’re gonna think I’m crazy, but I see this-“
“He sees a girl. Grey eyes, blonde hair.” Reyna interrupted
“That’s odd, do you know you’re connection to her?” He shook his head “Weird.”
“Hey Reyna, is it true that Jason’s gone?” She got all sad.
“Yeah. I can’t find him. Any other questions?”
“Sorry, just one more. What legion’s P- I mean Aqua in?”
“First.” I stared at him “Yeah, it’s crazy.
“Um yeah” I got up “So it’s Saturday, wanna try something other than fighting. I think you guys might like some strategy.”
“Like what?” Reyna inquired
“Well-“
“We could play capture the flag” Aqua said.
“Where’d you get that idea” Reyna said, standing up
“I dunno, it just feels right” He replied
“Maybe it’ll be fun, let’s go see if Lupa will let us” I answered. They nodded, getting up. Lupa just starred at us for a second, as if she guessed that it wasn’t totally “Aqua’s” idea for Capture the Flag. But she still let us play. The hard part came to finding players. People didn’t want to abandon their Saturday afternoon fights for a “children’s game” eventually, we were able to round up about half the camp. It wasn’t as much as Camp Half-Blood games, but it was a pretty good group, and they all seemed pretty enthusiastic about playing. We divided into teams. I was with Aqua, Reyna, Bobby, and Dakota, which were most of Jason’s and my closest friends at Fort Rome along with some other people I didn’t know. For some reason, they made me captain.
“Okay, well if you were attacking, how do you think you would, go in?”
“Directly, meeting their strongest forces and taking them out” Bobby (son of Vulcan) answered
“Perfect” I answered “So, let’s do a charge of about half, maybe a little less. Get captured, fight, whatever, just keep them occupied. Then after about five minutes, a small search team will go in and locate the position of the flag and come back to tell us. Then we go in, hidden, and ‘capture the flag.’ The rest of you guard. Half by the border, the other half spread out. The whole thing should take about an hour. Ready?”
“Yeah!” They all cheered
“Well then let’s go!” I ran off to the creek, where we were going to hide the flag, it was as far away from the dividing line as possible. It was almost as impossible to get as Zeus’s Fist. I ran over, it was such a hot day, there was mist pouring out from the stream. Perfect weather for an Iris message. Perfect day for jinxing myself too, because as soon as I thought it, Annabeth appeared in the mist.
“Oh thank gods, Lauren we’ve been looking for you everywhere! Where are you?” She said, like she was being rushed.
“It’s not important, what’s the matter” I said
“I’m not even sure, but you have to come back!” That’s all I needed. I ran right past the creek and dissipated outside of the borders. I always seem to get interrupted, but something seemed really wrong. Camp needed me.
Chapter 19

We blow up Zeus’s Fist
Annabeth’s POV

Where was she? Lauren’s like a mosquito in my ear all day long, and the one time I need her, she’s gone. I had to Iris Message her. I was practically pulling out my hair. We were circled around Zeus’s Fist. There was something coming up from the old entrance to the Labyrinth. But we couldn’t get it open. We needed her to wave her wand and say some words. Lily was too little. Lou was nowhere to be seen. I felt like I was only able to pace the big house, practically pulling my hair out. Just as I thought I was going to lose my mind, Lauren appeared in front of me with a pop.
“Hi” She said quietly
“Hi” I replied, angrily “We need you by Zeus’s fist. Something’s trying to come up.”
“Something?” She started to jog
“Yeah, we don’t know, people are stationed around ready to fight in case it proves to a foe”
“But I thought that the Labyrinth was destroyed two years ago!” She huffed out
“So did I” We ran over to the shaking rock.
“That doesn’t look good” Lauren said
“Yeah, so um, do your thing and open it!” I said, slightly annoyed
“Right, um, aperta” Nothing happened. “I’d hate to do this, but praemium” And the whole rock exploded, revealing a stairwell, which had two or three people ascending, heading towards camp. They held a flag of truce.
“Don’t trust them” I said through gridded teeth. Lauren looked at me in agreement. We still couldn’t see their faces, but I guessed that it was more people from the underworld, like Media, that Jason came across on his quest. I pulled out my knife, ready to spring should the time come. I hoped it never would. They reached the last step. The archers had arrows on the string. Silence.
“WAIT!” Yelled the person in front, they took a step forward, reveling his face. Lauren burst into tears and ran forward. I stayed in the background. Oh, sure, of course, Lauren get’s her boyfriend back. Yup, Lauren ran forward and hugged David, my un-deceased half-brother.
“David, what- how- why-oh” David pulled her into a kiss “We’ll talk later” Lauren said, dazed.
“Whatever you want” David walked forward, as Nico came into view.
“Aw! Man! I missed the fight?” He looked at Zeus’s fist and his sword dropped to the ground “B-b-Bianca?” The girl smiled. I was on the verge of tears now. Two lovely reunions, both of them breaking my crushed heart even more, sure I was happy for them, but unless Percy walked us those stairs, I was going to stay in my upset state. “Wha- how?” Nico stepped back.
“apparently, the doors of death are open. I missed being a hunter, constantly dying was getting fun,” Bianca stopped “It’s so good to be back! Oh my gods! Annabeth!” She ran forward to hug me. I remembered vaguely that she hadn’t seen me since I fell off a cliff nearly five years ago. “And where’s Percy” I looked down and ran off. “What did I say?”
Lauren’s POV

“Bianca, Percy’s been, what’s the word…” I started
“Kidnapped” David finished for me.
“Oh,” Bianca said. We spent the afternoon catching up. I never knew Hades could be so ignorant. But he was cooped up in Olympus with all the other gods. But I didn’t really know Bianca, and David and I had an awful lot of catching up to do too. If you know what I mean… I couldn’t believe that my prayers were answered, but in reverse. Instead of being killed, David was brought back. It almost rendered me speechless. Almost.
“Wanna see something amazing?” I asked him, he just followed me. Wow, he really was speechless. I was taking him to Bunker 9, where the Argo II was being built. I didn’t see one of Hephaestus’s kids by Zeus’s Fist, so I assumed that they were still working. They weren’t very far into building it, but you could tell the whole thing was going to be dazzling. The hull was made completely out of celestial bronze. Not to mention size. I was surprised that the thing was going to fit in bunker nine once it was finished. I’m sure I was somehow going to be fixed into that issue. As the days passed, my worries faded. Jason regained more and more of his memory, and though he tried his best to keep my visits to rome a secret, it was obvious that there was something he wasn’t telling us about.
“What’s up with Jason?” Piper sat next to me “He’s so…” She searched for the right word “Distant. And I don’t like it” I sighed, knowing I had this coming
“I dunno Piper, maybe he, um, has a” but Piper cut me off
“Do NOT say girlfriend. There was no girlfriend” I felt a wave of stupidity wash over me. Of course there wasn’t another girl, Piper was-
“Did you just use charmspeak?”
“Sorry! I can’t really help it, stupid Aphrodite”
“Naw it’s okay, I think it’s cool. We’ll work on it. But first things first. Tomorrow is February 14th, let’s get started on something special”
PS I'll bring y'all somethin back
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago brittanyloves said…
That was AMAZING! My favorite part is when Bianca came back.
She's my favorite character, even if I only knew her for a few chapters in one book.
Rats I enjoyed it too much not it's going to kill me until I get the next chapter ps good use of bringing David back
Tomorrow tomorrow she's coming back tomorrow
*media*so do you think there's a chapter coming tomorrow now that she's back
*me* we can only hope
over a year ago darkling_menace said…
*media* 4:17, Monday and a new chapter has not been put up what do you think happened sir
*me* idk (this might become a thing)
laugh
*media* it's 6 at night do you thinks she's died or quit
*me*no she's not the type of person to do that I think she forgot that's it
*media* it's 8 where we're at and no new chapter
*me* when she gets here and reads these i hope she'll laugh
I'm dying of anxiety! it's 10:30 (where I live) and no new chapter? When you said you were going to do one on MONDAY! (curls up in fetal position)
laugh
*media* people are going to die at fanpop because penguin098 will not post a nother Chapter are you going too die too
*me*LOL no I'm just happy that she tolled us and is a awesome wrighter can you wright a story as good as this?
*media* uhhhhh no comment
*me*first of only I am allowed to say no comment and second you can't wright a stoy like she dose I'm a secret fan I never post because I have a green monster on my shoulder I always want to wright as good as you
*me*akwerd
sad
its already late and since penguins aren't nocturnal i don't think the chapter will be posted anytime soon.
*media* when do you think the chapter is going to be up
*me* soon
*media* when is soon
*me* walks away
*media* ???????????
*media* 3 days without a new chapter of "caught in the middle" and people are already dying of chapter deprivation.
*me* can't... go... on... *falls*
worried
Dammit guys! Whenever you do the media reports, I think penguin made a new chapter. It just brings my hopes up and then I get sad.
*media* so Percysmile do you like crushing people's dreams
*me* no of corce not I just hope that this will inspire penguin to post it has been 4 days without a chapter it's like going with out food or water
*media* are you going to kill your self rats where is the camera when you need it
*me* good bye *bang I topple to the floor*
*media*" two fans kill them selfs because of late posting" wow what a story
*me gost form* you post and nico and I will make you join me *evil grin*
Media: Brittany, where do you think penguin is at the moment?
Me: I don't know, all I know is she might be back on the 25th hopefully.
Media: Do you know she's working with Cronus?
Me: What? No she's not! She'd never do that! Penguin/Lauren/ whatever her real name is, is NOT working with Cronus. So, go away you parasites.
*punches one of the reporter in the nose and runs away*
Media: Well the hell?!
*media* 4 days without a new chapter and 2 fans are already dead...
*i rise from grave as a zombie* braaaaainz.
*media* sir didn't you just die a day ago.
*zombie me* yes but i came back to life by reading another fanfic
*media* which one?
*zombie me* "a demigod life" by brittanyloves. its pretty good
*mediA* ahhhh a gost
*me* oh that's why I feel like I lost 82 pound rats and I need weight
*media*aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
*me* oh stop screaming *knocks him unconsic* better oh where is that zombie oh there's it is is the story good oh never mind it was made by brittany it has to be good
Wow brittany that was awesome please post soon
over a year ago Perseus54321 said…
media: what do you think of this story?
me: I think it's very good. And also I enjoyed it when Brittany punched you in the nose
media: that is not very funny
me: well see you in Hades (they sink into the ground and were thrown to Tartarus).
blush
I love all you guys! you crak me up! SOrry for the confusion, but I ment this coming monday, not last monday. TO make up for it I'll post on sunday. THis is a very heard felt chapter. Jesse's back story has been under major construction, and is finally ready to be released again.

media: How do you feel letting down your fans like this
me: I don't think of it as letting them down. Sure I"m totaly embarresed, but it was just a misunderstanding.

Chapter 20

I love you
Jesse’s POV

“What do you want?” Anna barged into my cabin. It wasn’t anything special, just normal cabin beds with black sheets. Not to mention the huge apple tree in the middle. It had flashy golden apples. And I don’t mean yellow, I’m talking solid gold. I’m surprised none of the Hermes kids had tried to steal one yet.
“What do you mean?” I said, pretending to be clueless.
“Tomorrow’s February 14, it’s your birthday.”
Stupid mom. She couldn’t have waited just one more stinkin’ day. Valentine’s Day? It ruined my rep. The son of Eris, goddess of discord, and I’m born on stupid Valentine’s day. I wish everyone could just forget about the whole thing.
“Nothing” I replied.
“Yeah, okay, sure,” She started to leave, shoulders slumped.
“Wait! Anna!” I ran after her. She looked up at me with huge puppy dog eyes. My heart melted. “D-do something I’d never expect.” Anna smiled and skipped off. “Nothing to big though Anna. Anna!” But she was already out of sight. I kicked a tree. Why did I do that? It was only going to cause more chaos in my life, and I already had that covered. I started walking away, taking out my chaos-apple so I had something to occupy my attention. I passed Lauren’s boot camp. Everyone was dressed in huge parkas as they sparred. I didn’t know the point of it, but I didn’t want to risk asking. Lauren saw me and waved. I raised my hand up to respond, dropping the apple. The effect was unbelievable, and impossible to put into words. Just imagine a fun game suddenly becoming war. Lauren glared at me, I put the apple away. I rushed away and kept walking. I found myself at the beach. I hadn’t even noticed until water started filling my shoes. I sat down. Never before had I felt like this. Surrounded by everything I had dreamed of, but still feeling alone. Roy had disappeared to Laurens training camp. Kate had disappeared altogether (not that I minded so much) Lost in thought, I didn’t notice the heap of blond curls until they spoke.
“Hey”
It was Annabeth “What brings you here?”
“I dunno, fate?” She continued staring into the sea.
“You miss him, don’t you” It wasn’t really a question, but I could tell she needed comfort. Her only answer was a sigh. “I know how you feel”
“No, you don’t. You couldn’t possibly-“ But I cut her off.
“Oh yeah?”

~Flash back~

It was another rainy day in Olympia, I was just ten years old, babysitting my two year old sister, Emily. She wasn’t my real sister, but I loved her still. We lived in a ratty old apartment, but it was better than the street. Even if the roof did leek. Each night my father would come home from “work” I would take as much money from him as I could. We would fight, and he would leave. The next morning, he would come home drunk. I rarely got to see my step-mother. She worked so long so much, she barely had enough time to breath, much less sleep. About a year later, she cracked. I had a very vivid, demi-god dream. The worst nightmare ever. I could hardly hear myself think over all the coughing. She said it was nothing. She was wrong. Eventually, Emily got it too. They’d lay on the couch all day. I could tell they were dying, but there was nothing I could do. It was too late. My mother sent me away, to boarding school. I knew she did it to save me, but I protested none the less. But it was her last wish. The last words she spoke to me were “I love you” with tears in my eyes, I whispered the same. She smiled, and I left. I returned home that summer. My dad already had a third wife. He had forgotten them completely. Total chaos broke out between us, and I was to blame. I lived on the streets that summer. I returned back to school in the fall. I burned that school down two months later. But I never forgot, and I never will.

~End of Flask back~

Annabeth was motionless. She opened her mouth, once, twice, but nothing came out.
“Don’t waste your breath saying you’re sorry,” I told her “It won’t change anything. It may be too late for me, but you still have hope. We will find him.”
She smiled “That means a lot”
“Don’t mention it.” The sun had finally melted away the last of the day. The water had pulled away. And I shut my eyes.

Emily:
I love all you guys! you crak me up! SOrry for the confusion, but I ment this coming monday, not last
*media* already fans are coming back from the dead more alive than ever
*me**yea im no longer a zombie and i think i have superpowers *lifts car*
*media* OMG! *squash*
*me* oops
@darkling_menace That's some Shikabane crap right there! (Sorry, I'm a nerd and I was talking about Anime.)

Media: What do you think of Penguin's new back story for Jesse.
Me: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!! *starts dancing*
Media: Oooooo-kaaay. *backs away slowly*
heart
Sorry for the wiked short chapters, I just dont no wat to put in them, still have them b good, and end in a clifie... But i promise the next one will be longer if it kills me... Luv you guys! (and i always will)

Chapter 21

Seven Green Lights
Zoey’s POV

Thanks to the Aphrodite cabin, Valentine’s day was going to be more miserable than Christmas was for a Jew. Katie and I were planning to surround the Aphrodite cabin in poison ivy before the “princesses” woke up. That way I might actually enjoy myself. Naturally, they had already done most of the damage. All in all, we were doomed. On the bright side, Piper had been trying her best to contain it all. From what Katie told me, their display was pitiful.
“You think we’ll live?”
Katie gave me a skeptical glance “There’s defiantly a chance”
“That’s all I need.”
We returned to our cabin. I was planning to sleep through the day, or at least a big chunk of it. Sadly, sleeping late isn’t possible unless one is asleep in the first place. I got up with the rest of the cabin. Clearly the Aphrodites had gotten up early. The dinning pavilion was hardly recognizable. Everything had little pink bows. All the food was pink and there was an overwhelming scent of roses. Red ribbons formed a type of tent over the tables. Even the fire was heart shaped. It was horrifying.
“Scratch the chance of living. We’re all dead meat” Katie murmured. We all dragged ourselves over to the Demeter cabin to endure the coming torture. Most of the couples didn’t show. Annabeth was missing, Clarisse and Chris were nowhere in sight, and even though Katie came, Travis never did. I was surprised when I saw Lauren and David come in. I rushed over to them.
“Not a good idea, the Aphrodite ca-“
“They won’t bother me or I’ll curse the Hades out of them, I’ve made sure they all know that” Lauren interrupted. I laughed
“What?” David inquired
“That’s just SO like you Lauren!” We were all laughing now, even if it wasn’t all that funny. Anna ran up to us
“Have any of you seen Jesse?”
“I think he fell asleep on the beach last night” I said
“Oh that’s just great. If the Harpies ate him I’ll kill someone.” She said
David laughed “What is that?”
“This?” She held up what looked like a golden apple “It’s his present. It’s gonna explode in his face the second he goes to blow out the candles. He’ll never see it coming” She winked then like it was some inside joke
“Well make sure you get pictures” Lauren commented. And Anna was gone. We ate breakfast (thankfully) in peace. And spent the rest of the day talking and laughing together (behind a bush). It was great that we were back to the lucky number three. Nice to sit back and enjoy myself for once. My brother was back. We even had a secret campfire in the woods. Nico and Bianca came, along with Annabeth, Jesse (who had singed hair), Anna, and Roy.
“Gods I missed being alive” Bianca mentioned
“Tell me about it” David added. We roasted marshmallows together, and thanks to Lauren, we were able to sing as loud as our hearts desired. She said it was a simple sound proof spell thingy, but the movements and chanting did not seem simple. We even snuck back to the real camp fire after dinner. It was fun. And just as the fire was at its highest height, the hottest it’s ever been, Rachel stood up.
“Seven half-bloods shall answer the call!” She yelled. Her eyes were green. “Seven half-bloods shall answer the call!” She repeated. There was a boom. I couldn’t see anything through the green smoke and everything went black.
Lauren’s POV

“Seven half-bloods shall answer the call!” She yelled. Her eyes were green. “Seven half-bloods shall answer the call!” She repeated. Rachel had the whole camps attention. Suddenly, there was a clap of thunder and my knees gave way. I didn’t stay awake long enough to feel the ground. What seemed like a second later, my eyes snapped open. There was still smoke, but it was thinner now. Rachel was chanting in some made up language. It seemed that the whole camp had K-Oed. My head was fuzzy, and then a blinding light appeared. It was like being claimed, but better. There were little green flames above several people’s heads. I counted them. Once. Twice. Three times. There was no doubt, there were seven.
wait! so are you using the seven half bloods that are in this story as the seven half-bloods of the prophecy?
wink
well i have a socer game today, and we're probably gonna loose cause the team is REALLY good, so wish me luck!

@darkling_menace: I'm going to pick seven half-bloods from each camp. THere will be fourteen on the Argo II, but only half will be THE seven.

Chapter 22

The Leonaughts
Lauren’s POV

Chiron seemed to be the only one who was still in his right mind. “No question now” he murmured. I could tell he meant it to be heard by him and only him, but it was just loud enough that everyone heard.
“What do you mean” Jesse asked.
“Well isn’t obvious?” Commented Jason
“Give it a rest sparky, the dude just got here, he probably doesn’t know the whole story” Leo stood up.
Anna pulled Jesse back down and whispered the prophecy to him. His face was red. I didn’t think it was from embarrassment. “How come I don’t get to go?” Jesse was on his feet again.
“It’s not that simple-” I started.
“Look, the gods have spoken. Seven half bloods will go to Fort Rome when the Argo II is ready. Those seven have been determined, that is the end of it!” Chiron left the fire, leaving it extinguished.
“Sleep tight” I muttered. It was clearly his message. I felt kinda bad that Jesse didn’t get to go: I would have gladly given him my spot, but the gods tend to enjoy making piles of dust when one doesn’t obey. The Argo II was about half finished, and with only two months left before we had to set sail, all the demis were on building-duty tomorrow. Like jury-duty, it was mandatory.
“Looks like we get to almost die again” Zoey leaned against me
“Hopefully we’ll all stop at almost” Muttered David.
“Yeah, Hopefully. Night guys” And I left for my cabin, Lily asleep in my arms. I was barely able to raise my hand to open the door. And even through that struggle, the door still wouldn’t open. “Lou!” I yelled, banging on the door. He came and opened it, hair ruffled
“What’s with the screaming? Some people actually sleep around here!”
“You locked it again” I snapped back. Oh, the magic of sibling love. It was a wonder Lily was still asleep. But I was still groggy myself. I couldn’t even make it to my bed before passing out on the couch. Taking Lily down with me. Lou was already passed out on the other one. I woke up to the sounds of cries, coming from outside. The Romans had found us first. They had came to take Jason back. Like the Trojan War, it was bloody. There were many dead, many wounded, more attacking. Not enough defending. An arrow wised past me, missing by a millimeter. I woke up, gasping for air. Just a dream. I hate dreams. Stress just makes them worse. My luck. What if someone died on the way over? I couldn’t bear to see any of them dead. Annabeth, Jason, Leo, even Piper. I don’t think I could take another death. I didn’t want to go work on the Argo II. But like I said, it was mandatory. So I got dressed in my favorite non-orange camp shirt and left for Bunker 9. I Let Lou and Lily sleep. Lou would probably hex me anyways. What appeared to be a giant rock was in total chaos. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who woke up at five am.
As soon as I squeezed my way through the too small door (that was about big enough for a plane) Leo whisked me away to “make” duplicates of the parts they had made already.
He kept yelling to everyone. He even started calling us the Leonaughts after the “argonaughts” from the original Jason. I can’t tell you how many times I put my hand on metal, closed my eyes, and muttered “iterum in.” Talk about boring. I don’t even think Lou showed up at all to help me. He was probably still asleep. By the end of the day, I was totally drained. Nothing left in me. I felt dead. I felt like hexing Lou, but I ignored that desire. No matter how difficult it was, I wouldn’t turn him into a teacup (again). Just as I was leaving, David ran up to me.
“I don’t know ‘bout you, but I didn’t enjoy today. And the beach always calms me down, and well I-”
“Yes I’ll come with you” I said, saving him the trouble. I would have poofed us there, but I was too freakin’ tired. So we walked. It wasn’t until the sand squished in our toes that he spoke.
“How, how fierce will it be? With the Romans and us, should we enter their camp wrong.” He asked
I thought about it for a second. It was hard to put into words, especially so that those words would make sense. I came up with a comparison “You know the two colleges, Ohio State and Michigan University, and how they’re huge rivals?” He nodded. “Well, multiply that by ten. And add spears. You have Rome vs. Greece.”
Annabeth’s POV

It was midnight and I was still working on the Argo II. We needed to sail soon, and we weren’t making it fast enough. You never saw any of the Hephaestus kids any more. I was surprised they hadn’t brought their beds in yet. Not that they would use them. Lauren had done nearly half of the parts today. We just had to put it all together now really. But that was the hard part. I expected Lauren to be drained for at least the next two days. She had used so much today. Most of the parts were too heavy to lift. Sure we could put up pulleys (which was what we were doing now) but it took some time to set up. Time we didn’t have. But it was worth it. Not only did I get to see my boyfriend again in about two months, but I would get to ride in total luxury. We would be sailing in complete luxury, on our way to war. Leo was working on room designs. Everyone got their own (non-cramped) room, complete with a separate bathroom and kitchenette, a king-sized bed and TV in every room. Amenity. People always complained about sailing. Up until now, I was one of them.
I fought the urge to yawn as I continued screwing on bolts tighter and tighter. Too tight. MY arms ached, but I kept on. One bolt at a time, fighting the driving force telling me to fall… asleep. But I was already out. I was standing in a room. It wasn’t a normal room. It wasn’t very big, just large enough to be functional. It seemed functional, but boring. Until my favorite pair of green eyes entered, with a girl. I made a face.
“I know Hazel, but we, I, have to. I’m just asking you to help” Percy said.
The girl, Hazel, nodded glumly “It’s just that. I don’t know how to say it.” She got closer, moving towards his-
“No!” I yelled, he was leaning in too. And then he stopped
He gasped “Hazel!”
“What? Is there a mons-”
“No, no. I-I remember. And I can’t. It would break her heart.”
“Oh puh-leese Aqua, not that girl again!” Hazel rolled her eyes
“Her name is Annabeth. Oh my gods! Annabeth!” As he started pacing the room, I woke up from the most pleasant dream of my life. He knows who I am! I couldn’t help but smile.

laugh
Media* so was it worth it
Me* so yea hey did you even read the story
Media* uhhhhhh no
Me* ok that's it (pushed her into the CHAIR and forced her to read the story it was not hard after the first two chapters he read it willingly)
Media* that was ok
Me* ok that was awesome that's it (normal I would have just made indent in the wall but because I got super powers I broke threw the wall) I will do that to your face if you do not tell the trouth
Media* ok I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Media: What is your thoughts on the story?
Me: It's freaking AWESOME! I love it and awwww! It's so nice Percy did that for Annabeth! (fan girl squeal)
Media: You know you're acting like the typical fan girl stereotype, right?
Me: I have to be sometimes.
laugh
^^^^ I soo agree so times the story it sooooooooooo good and I laugh historically
penguin, I think you should put this story on the HOO forum. A lot more people would read it.
That too but I like it here I think it nice we can aversive it ok team it's a go avertsive every ware
over a year ago rapunzeleah123 said…
Yeah. Forum posts get lots of comments and even more reads.
Thanks grat avertise
over a year ago psalm1003 said…
laugh
Hey I saw the link to ur story on the HOO forum, and its totally freakin awesome. keep writing!
over a year ago rapunzeleah123 said…
Yeah, it's really epic^
wink
I will never be able to say how much I love all of you guys!

@Percysmile: You're crazy. And i love you for that, don't ever change
@Rapunzeleah123(may i call you rappie?) I admire you for you dedication
@Brittanyloves: fan girl squeel? luv it!!
@Perseus12345: I'm thinking about putting it up there, but I like it here too...

Chapter 23

Memories
Zoey’s POV

The days were dull. Unexciting. Working on the Argo II nonstop was not my idea of fun. Not that I was all that good with tools anyways. I did more damage than help, and sadly I was “released” from the Leonaughts crew. Too bad. But I put on a happy face and left anyways. I took more to my spear in training. People eventually ran out of arrows, but a spear could work forever.
I tried to stay in the background most of the time. It wasn’t that I was shy, but the last thing I wanted was for Jason to see my face and remember. It wasn’t fun. Hera wasn’t giving Jason his memories of the camp’s location. But Lauren and I both knew, and to our dismay, we couldn’t tell him. It would put too much of her “beloved” plan at risk. I felt even worse for Annabeth’s sake. We were so close to finding Percy, but without the camp’s location there was no use. She was losing hope.
I was getting anxious. Jason remembered more and more every day. I didn’t know what I was going to do when he realized he knew me. It would be any day now, and I had no idea what I was going to say. I half wanted to laugh and say “nice one Jason” but I didn’t think that would roll too smoothly afterwards. If people knew I had been to Fort Rome, they would want me to tell them. What would I do then? Lie? I wish I would just forget the place I used to live. Maybe Hera knew all this. Maybe, if we were really lucky, and especially nice to her, Jason wouldn’t ever remember me. I didn’t realize I had been thinking out loud.
“But I do”
“What?” I looked around for the owner of the voice.
Jason walked into view. “I do remember you, but I figured it best to keep that a secret. It would get too” He searched for the right word “Complicated. I wouldn’t want you to have to go through that.”
“Oh. Thanks” Real intelligent right? He shrugged.
“I just want to get back.” Jason sat next to me “It’s great here, but it’s not right,” Pause “for me” he added after a sticky silence. “I miss, everything. Even if I don’t know all of what I miss. Every time I see Annabeth, I think of Reyna, then Piper. It’s confusing” I nodded
“Just one more month, then we can go to war and die in peace. No more complications.”
He laughed. I don’t think I had heard Jason laugh, ever. It was a nice thing. There hadn’t been much laughter at Camp Half-Blood for, what had been almost a year. Gods, had it been that long already? I hadn’t really noticed, but the summer session was almost over. Just a month left until it was over. The day after that we left camp, possibly forever. But I tried not to think about that part. I tried, but often times, it was the only thing on my mind.
“I’m going to leave now.” I started walking out of the Pavilion
“Night” Jason called after me. As I walked, the plants around me straitened up, got greener. They drooped again as I left. It was entertaining to watch. I almost ran into the cabin door I was so intent on staring at the grass. Not fun. And that was my evening, sort of. I got a full night’s rest, and got up willingly for the first time ever. Though I never did say I got up on time. Everyone had already left, dooming me to points and stares as I walked into the dinning pavilion, last as always. I rushed as I got dressed, not even brushing my hair and left. I heard something
“Zoey” great, just what I needed, a conversation with Lauren to slow me down.
“What” I said through gridded teeth, turning around “could be so possibly important Lau-” but it wasn’t her
Lauren’s POV

Breakfast was quiet. Not the good kind, like at a spa when everything is peaceful, nor was it sad. More like… demigod quiet. Like something was watching us, hidden. Like something was wrong. But everyone was too puzzled, or ignorant, to say anything. I glanced over at Jason. He was playing with his fork, most of the food untouched. My plate looked the same. Something was up. Jason gasped, suddenly cluching his forehead, like he had some intense pain.
“Jason?” Piper sounded concerned
He held up his finger, giving her the “one second” symbol. He shut his eyes tighter, like one does when the light is too bright. But it was a cloudy day, no sun.
“Jason?” It was more of a whisper this time, but the tone of voice gave enough evidence. Piper was past worried.
He gasped again. “Maybe we should get a medic-” I started, but Jason shook his head furiously.
“No, just, just give me a second” Silence. I was beginning to fear that it was happening. Any second now, and I would be exposed. The ground I stood on would be ripped from underneath. I would have to tell. Any second now…
And it happened. “You! I-I’m I can’t believe it!” Jason was pointing at me. Perfect
over a year ago psalm1003 said…
cool
Awesome? No, super fabulous, stupendous, great, and all in all you should get a contact with rr and start selling books.

cliffhangers...
over a year ago sylviakitty348 said…
heart
hey im new to your fic, but im SERIOUSLY loving it!! ur story is so going on my favorites! :D
heart
I hate cliffhangers, but, I this awesome, Penguin! Love ya! (in a friendly way, but you know that)
big smile
We-ell, I meant to post yesterday but i got caught up with mother's day stuff, sorry for the delay, I forgot about the cliffhanger... ("oops")

@psalm1003: I have been praying to the writting gods more frequently, but they're all shut up in Olympus... :(
@Sylviakitty348: Welcome, glad you like it!
@Brittanyloves: I luv you too, in the same way ;) (i love winky faces)

Chapter 24

Worse gets worse-er
Lauren’s POV

“Jason? Jason!” Piper seemed confused now
“Her, I know her.”
“Yeah, you know Lauren, what’s the big deal?”
“Before” He said, dragging the word out. He sounded like a toddler. All eyes were on me, except mine. My eyes were glancing around, avoiding skeptical faces, trying to act innocent. It didn’t work.
“Jason, talk. Now” I grabbed his arm, and half lead, half dragged him away.
“Lauren, I can’t believe I just did that! Gods, it was just so much of a shock.”
“Well I wasn’t exactly expecting it myself, and I’m really really sorry, but I promise I’ll fix it, but it’ll be like it never happened”
“I’m used to it. My whole life is like it never happened” I tried hard not to laugh. This was serious. I closed my eyes for a second trying to remember the spell. It came to mind.
“Ne memineris. Numquam accidit. Decem minuta est ante” It was my least favorite spell, but I had to do it. But it never happened. Take that Hera. But there was a part two. I wasn’t going to just leave him, no recollection of his home. I muttered a second part. “Qua vestra sedes iacet occidentem. Quaerite eversi domus. Antennae L meridiem.” Jason smiled, an unspoken thanks. I breathed a sigh of relief. And brought him back to the dinning pavilion. Everyone was still eating, but with unfocused eyes. I sat Jason down in his seat. He pondered his new memory before he said anything.
“I know where Fort Rome is.” It was a whisper, barely audible. He tried a second time, as if he didn’t believe it. “I know where Fort Rome is!” It was louder now, more confident.
“I thought you would” It was a thought, not a spoken word. No one would ever know. I could survive whatever else Hera threw at me. She wasn’t going to ruin my life. It was mine. I smiled. It felt good to declare that, an unspoken resist. My life. But my thoughts were interrupted by a crash.
Zoey’s POV

I turned around to see the dirt bubbling like lava. My first instinct was monster. But this was Camp Half-Blood. Monsters can’t get in. But the dirt talked, and began forming into the shape of a woman. Gaea. My least favorite goddess –if you can even call her that.
“Join me”
I know you want me to yell out No! And slice her in half, but unless you’ve been offered, you don’t know how you legs turn to jelly. My stomach felt like it had flipped wrong side out, my voice was completely extinguished. I opened my mouth to scream, or at least yell. But nothing came out. I had just enough sense to grab my spear off my back.
She smiled “We don’t want that now, do we. You’ll be better off with me. David and Lauren get closer every day, and you’re the third wheel. I’ll give you your place. Just come with me.” Her hands, knotty leave-covered hands, reached out. I gagged
“I am not a third wheel” I said, hurt. I wanted to kick myself. How could I let Gaea manipulate me like that? They were my friends for a reason.
She frowned now “Come on Zoey, you want to join me” Her honey sweet voice made it very hard to think. Maybe I should join her. It did seem like I good idea. In fact, I do want to join her. I wanted to kick myself harder now. I could feel what she was doing. But it was even worse that I couldn’t do anything. It was like my eyes were closed. I don’t remember telling my legs to move, but they wanted to. I tried to fight it off. This was way stronger than charm speak.
“Zoey!” I wasn’t really aware that someone was calling me. Nor did I realize it was David. I was too busy fighting my legs for control. And then it was gone. My knees buckled underneath me. Lauren came forward, I recognized the look in her eyes. She was going to do something that would help me, but when done wrong would kill me. No thank you. I held up my hand.
“Just help me up, and then, preferably, take me to the pavilion. I’m starving.” Lauren scrunched up her eyebrows, most likely considering her chances. David helped me up instead.
“We’re a tricycle, not a bike” He whispered in my ear. I smiled.
“Can we eat now?” David laughed, I put one arm around his neck, the other around Lauren’s and they pretty much carried me off. Take that Gaea.

THis is completly unrelated, but i found it quite ammusing! (no disrespect intended)
We-ell, I meant to post yesterday but i got caught up with mother's day stuff, sorry for the delay, I
big smile
Lol, "Take that Gaea." That was awesome, Penguin.
really good chapter and really freaky picture
over a year ago Jas55jar said…
heart
OMG THAT IS TOTALLY EPICALLY AWESOME!!!!! I love it
i loved your chapter! It was SO INCREDIBLE! (lol, no one uses that word anymore) but whats with those thingies on their heads? LOL!! xD

....no, but, seriously..what are they?

****EDIT*****

Never mind! i just saw that that Beatrice lady was auctioning the "hat" and i read the accompanying story about how she wore it to the royal wedding. Got it! but seriously? thats a hat???
over a year ago nman11 said…
cool
sup
wink
Hello people of planet Earth or, in some cases, planet Mars (not the god)

@Brittany: glad you liked it...
@Perseus: glad you like the chapie, i agree the picture is quite weird
@Jas: You're an enthusiastic cupcake aren't you (omg i sound like coach hedge!)
@sylvia: I know, it's hard to believe, do you know if any1 actually bought the hat, i mean its sooo ugly!
@nman: Hi

Chapter 25

The Never-Ending Backpack
David’s POV

We sat Zoey down oh-so carefully, that is to say, we dropped her. After a tough glare, and a close call with some poison ivy (thanks to Zoey might I add) we finally got her to the Pavilion. Not one person looked up, it wasn’t that uncommon for campers to be carried in. Zoey shooed us away, treating her best friends like they were some annoying insect. Obviously, she didn’t want anyone’s attention.
“Later” she mouthed the word, still trying to avoid drawing attention to herself. I finished my breakfast in peace. I was walking to swords practice, when I ran into Lauren.
“Hey! I was just looking for you, wanna practice together?” She smiled, gods I love her smile.
“Actually, have you seen Jesse? He said he wanted to see me, but I can’t find him”
I told her I thought he was in his cabin. And followed her there, whether she wanted me to or not. She knocked, but I defeated the purpose by opening the door before there was an answer. I didn’t mean to be rude, I was just getting annoyed with waiting. There wasn’t anyone in the room anyways.
“Gods we need to work on your temper” Lauren started to turn around, when Jesse ran up. “Oh, hey! Been looking for you, wat’cha need?”
“Are you any good at making magic items?” Lauren looked baffled, I don’t think anyone had asked her that. Then she looked, well… thinky. There’s no other word for it.
She finally answered “It depends on what you need.”
Jesse pondered this for a moment, I could see the stress in his eyes. It was like his wanted to burst out with words, but he needed to say them just right. It was suspicious. “A bag, that can fit as much stuff as possible. Bigger on the inside than on the outside, that sort of thing” His eyes pleaded not to question his motivations, and Lauren got the message
“Sure, which bag?” He tossed it to her “crescere super vitas, nemo scit.” The bag shimmered, as if it was a marriage in a desert. Lauren looked satisfied. “There”
Jesse smiled and took it. He reached in his arm, farther, farther, until it was gone completely. I stared at it. That was amazing, impossible. If I hadn’t experienced the impossible before, I would’ve thought it was a trick. Something you would’ve seen on the street or something.
“Anything else?” Jesse shook his head. “Well, bye, see you around” Lauren looked guilty. ‘See you around’ was a lie. Tomorrow was the last day of the summer session. The next day, we left, without Jesse. The only thing left to do was prepare mentally, which wasn’t going so good. It was kinda getting worse. But can you really blame me? In case you didn’t know, sailing to your arch enemy’s home base in a war ship was not relaxing. I do not recommend it. Unless stress is your thing…
Jesse’s POV

I stuffed the pack with everything I could think of. Ambrosia, Nectar, fresh clothes, as many deadly weapons I could get my hands on, the normal stuff you’d bring when you ran away. But this was bigger than that. It could get me killed, or worse. I could get caught. I shuddered at the thought. That was not going to happen. But I had to go. I had to. I stuffed my sword in on top and tried on the pack. It still felt like it was empty. Hard to believe, I could’ve sworn I’d stuffed, at the very least, fifty pounds worth of stuff in there. Not that I was complaining. The lighter the load, the easier this would be. I took a deep breath and left my cabin.
Hello people of planet Earth or, in some cases, [i]planet[/i] Mars (not the god)

@Brittany: glad y
good chapter and very confusing on how Jesse wants to run away
yea, you're telling me
heart
wow. where's Jesse going!? i kinda feel bad for him, you know? He was captured by Gaia and was taught all of her propaganda that the gods were evil. Then he gets mistrusted at the camp for it. The poor kid. But on another topic, i cant wait for them to sail to San Franciso! :D x)
Jesse isn't mistrusted, and he's not running away... (hint, hint) he's probably the most complex character...