Penguins of Madagascar Workers needed in the PoM Newspaper

LifelessPenguin posted on Jun 08, 2011 at 08:55AM
Yeah, that's right. This PoM spot is going to have a newspaper. We are going to bring you the latest gossip here on the PoM spot. In order for that to happen, we need workers.

If you are going to apply, all you need is to reply to this forum. Here is what you are going to type and write:

Name of OC: _______________
Application: _______________
Reason why you want to be in it:
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­_

In the reason why you want to be in it part, you have to write at least 3-5 sentences.

Here are the choices in the application part:

1. Press (2 positions filled)
- You take screencaps from different PoM episodes and take screencaps from different OC's.
- There can only be 3 of them.

2. Writer (All positions filled)
- You write articles about what the Press took pictures of (usually used for the News Headline).
- There can only be 4 of them.

3. Cartoonist (1 position filled)
- You draw comics. I have seen many comics here in the PoM spot, and the one who is really talented are Sandrei and Bluepenguin.
- There can only be 2 of them.

4. Advertiser (1 position filled)
- You send personal messages to people and ask them if they want to advertise their fanfics and forums. Remember, you can only ask people who make fanfics and forum games/contests.
- There can be only 5 of them.

5. Editorial Cartoonist (1 position filled)
- You send an illustration on what the editorial page is writing about. Creativity and originality is a must.
- There can only be 1 of them.

You can add different parts in the PoM newspaper.

These are the other parts of the newspaper for our fellow workers here in the PoM Newspaper (added by our fellow fans and some added by me):

1. News Headline
- The most important part of the newspaper, filled mostly of facts and non-fiction.

2. Sports
- Sport events and the like are included here. Optional for unofficial publications.

3. Editorial
- Opinions and reflections of the editor/s and writer/s are found in this section.

Note: Editorials are usually accompanied by editorial cartoons to illustrate what the contributer actually had in mind.

4. Features
- Articles that provide entertainment. They can inform but their main purpose is to amuse the readers. In this case, headlines may bring out bad news to the readers, so the features are there to help lessen the heavy weight they are lifting.

5. Fan of the Week
- Every week, we choose a random PoM fan and share about their fun facts and other stuff about them. Also, we do promote them by encouraging other people to fan them. So, if you're included in the fan of the week, tell me how many fans you got now?

6. Song of the Week
- We choose a random PoM song like Spirits of the Night or Graveyard 8 every week.

Any more questions? If you have a question, just reply to this forum. Thank you.
last edited on Jun 18, 2011 at 01:40AM

Penguins of Madagascar 57 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 57

over a year ago candlefairy_13 said…
worried
Based on experience, a newspaper should contain at least two articles of the following:

1. News Headline - the most important part of the newspaper, filled mostly of facts and not fiction.
2. Sports - sport events and the like are included here. Optional for unofficial publications.
3. Editorial - opinions and reflections of the editor/s and writers are found in this section.

Note: Editorials are usually accompanied by editorial cartoons to illustrate what the contributer actually had in his mind.

4. Features - articles that provide entertainment. They can inform but their main purpose is to amuse the readers. In this case, headlines may bring about bad news to the readers, so the features are there to help lessen the heavy weight they are lifting.

Additional staff members of a newspaper publication team include:
1. Photojournalist
2. Editorial cartoonist
3. Copy reader

Just adding some info.

Are you sure about starting this newspaper? Cause I've heard you already closed down the "PoM Knowledge Test" for some certain reasons. I'm not sure this would be an easy job for you.
over a year ago LifelessPenguin said…
Don't worry candlefairy_13. And thanks for the new ideas for the newspaper.

BTW, the PoM Knowledge Test is closed. I realized that I was too tired to award the contestants props, but two forums would be enough. Besides, in the newspaper, I will only give at least 1-5 props to everyone who applied. Anyway, thanks for being considerate. Really appreciate it. :)

Another BTW, are you going to apply? It is okay if you don't.
over a year ago alexpotter333 said…
News headline:important things very important
Concerts:music just let's you rock out and have fun and let the feeling out of you
Editorial:insters in something like I don't know treibble things happen to people (poor kids)
Fetures:I got nothing I think I really got nothing I'll let u know when I get to it but right now my brother Harry
Is calling me Alex potter out!
over a year ago EppofangirlXD said…
well, for the PoM news, we can't really have a sports section and a concert section for PoM, so how about we be original and replace those parts? Like, for the 'concerts' part, we can list down the new epies, when they're showing/airing, give little teasers (NOT SPOILERS).

And for the sports section....random forum games? Or fights?

Tell me if I was wrong from the beginning.

Oh yeah we should have a pairing of the week or character of the week or fan of the week anounced in there 8D
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
It's certainly tempting for me to consider getting involved in this; I've written for non-fiction publication. However, I think I'd like to see what the finished product looks like once first so I can get a better idea of what exactly a PoM/fandom "newspaper" would be. So I think I'll sit back and wait to see how things go for right now.
Sure, I'd love to join! Wait for my application on Saturday, I'll have lots of free time and can go online as long as I want to. :)

@EppofangirlXD: Cool! XD
over a year ago Amberpet said…
Heres my application:

Name of OC: Mya

When I was young I used to say when I grow up I want to work for the news paper.

I realy love drawing so i'll do press...

Heres a sample image so you can see how good I am
Heres my application:

Name of OC: Mya

When I was young I used
over a year ago Bluepenguin said…
laugh
Name of OC: Bluepenguin
Application: Cartoonist
Reason Why I Want To Be It: Well, I do like drawing, and I do need practice. Ever since my first fanart I posted on Fanpop (Of COURSE it was a Dorski fanart that I drew in L.A.!), I've always tried to improve. This could be a chance to do exactly that, and to express humor through art. Here's a sample of my work from April Fools Day.
Name of OC: Bluepenguin
Application: Cartoonist
Reason Why I Want To Be It: Well, I do like drawing
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
I don't think I'm gonna apply to help write it unless you really need another person, but I do have one idea. Not sure how great it is, though.

Maybe there could be a "Fan of the Week" section? Basically a different fan would be chosen every week at random and maybe a couple fun-facts about them that they'd like to share with everyone? We'd have an interviewer message them for their approval first of course.
@Penguinangel: You're right! There should be a fan of the week. I'm going to add it. Later.
Accepted workers:

1. Amberpet (Press)
2. Bluepenguin (Cartoonist)

candlefairy_13 said that she will apply sooner or later.
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
big smile
Name of OC: Icicle Bluestrap
Application: Writer or Cartoonist
Reason why I want to be in it:

Maybe I should just be a writer! It looks really fun, and it's the first thing I tried that's PoM related! (Ya know, when I first saw PoM) Yeah...Writer is goooood. I wrote articles and fanfics before. I also like to write during my free time! :D
big smile
Okay, well, I'll try it out and see how it goes down! I've never been a part of this before ^_^

Name of OC: EppogirlXD (Or Estelli. Or Subject E.)
Application: Writer
Reason why I want to be in it: I love being a writer, and I don't think I could fill out for any of those other stuff -_- I write lots of PoM fanfics on ff.net and I think they do pretty well....plus, I really want this job! XD seems new and I want the experience.
over a year ago PrincessJuliana said…
Name of OC: Juliana Daiwnez
Applacation: Press
Why do I want to be a press? I want to be a Press for newspaper because drawing inspires me to do what I want and to follow my dreams. Heres a exsample:
Name of OC: Juliana Daiwnez
Applacation: Press
Why do I want to be a press?  I want to be a Press f
Accepted workers:

List of workers:

1. Amberpet (Press)
2. Bluepenguin (Cartoonist)
3. Icicle1penguin (Writer)
4. EppofangirlXD (Writer)
5. PrincessJuliana (Press)
We need five advertisers. Your job is pretty easy here. You just send a personal message to a fan of PoM who makes forum games and fanfics. You get payed with props.
over a year ago Colonelpenguin said…
Oc:Kaitlyn
Aplacation:Be a extra for whatever needs to be filled because I can mostly do all the jobs.
Reason Why: Ohh... wait I want to be the Editorial Cartoonist but, I hate how I draw but, I love to draw though. oy the irony
over a year ago AgentJazzy00 said…
smile
Name of OC:Jazzy

Application:Advertiser or Editorial Cartoonist

Reason why I want to be in it:I advertise at school alot.
I illistrate some kid's short stories in class.
I like drawing in my free time,and since summer is comming I'm gonna have ALOT of free time.
Added workers:

1. Colonelpenguin (Editorial Cartoonist)
2. AgentJazzy00 (Advertiser)
smile
Name of OC: Amanda
Application: Writer
In my words, it would be a great opportunity to sharpen my writing skills more and to inform and be informed all about PoM. I'm already an English feature writer in my school and also sort of an assistant editor (hey, Jill and I are the only ones who stay in school up to 8:00 at night just to finish our articles. What do the other staff members do??)
Amanda is my OC. I'm just too shy to tell to you guys about her. Sorry about that. :)
big smile
Yay! So...when do I start? i guess I'll need a pic first -_-
over a year ago amiraPOMvers said…
Name of oc:amy
application:writter
reason why you would be in it:i love writing.i love searching newest news.soo..i want be in it!
About my oc,i never posted her pic here.why?my draw is bad,and i'm soo lazy to post her pic.sorry amy!
big smile
well....if I could, I SO TOTALLY CALL WRITING ABOUT A PIC OF BABY SKIPPY! I know just what to write. and it's not just about random fangirl ranting. XP yeah XD
candlefairy_13 and amiraPOMvers are included.
There are no more people that can apply as Writer here in the PoM Newspaper.
When we start working?
May one people have 2 or more job?
No. :)
over a year ago shadowcharmer said…
big smile
Name of OC: Thorn AKA Alyssa
Application: Advertiser
Reason why: i love helping people become more popular. its also great for reputation. another reason is that it sounds fun! another reason is that i'd e perfect. when i was six, i drew newespapers. i did more advertising than anything else!
big smile
I have a question!

Where will the PoM Newspaper be posted anyway? :)
over a year ago LeonardFan said…
big smile
No offense but I don't think this can be feasible right now, maybe during summer it would been good since there was a lot of free time for Lifelesspenguin, since he's the one organizing this. But right now, hmmm I having doubts this will actually work. Honestly I'm just being honest about all this...
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
But it IS the summer right now for about half of us at least.

I agree, though. It's starting to look a little iffy. But, you never know! And he could always just find a co-edittor to help organize if time IS an issue.
big smile
I already asked him that but he said he can handle it. I mean, since the PoM Pic Contest is now currently under Leonardfan's supervision (hey,buddy! XD), we can pretty much say that LifelessPenguin can give this project much more attention.But the questions that I have in my mind now, when will the real job begin and where will it be posted? Will it be a forum, too?! :)
over a year ago LeonardFan said…
big smile
That's what I'm trying to imply, even if we make the POM newspaper, question is where will we post it? The wall? Article?

Bottomline, I'm just trying to underline the possible problems the POM newspaper will undergo.
smile
I think the article section would be good :) everyone could comment easier. But that's just me. :)
big smile
My questions are still not answered!! Someone please answer me!! XP
hmmm
i don't know....
in forum?in article?in wall?
wink
Attention, PoM lovers! (I always say that)

It will be posted in the articles section.
big smile
Alright! It will be like a real newspaper then. Heck, it is a newspaper! What am I thinking?! XD
over a year ago MaxTheCat said…
smile
But wait, shouldn't a newspaper combine all our works together into one article?. I mean we can't just post it individually, and I see there's no publisher listed up there. So how does this, do we publish our own works individually or do we find someone to post all the works as one article?
over a year ago Bluepenguin said…
smile
I guess we could all post our work on LifelessPenguin's profile as a message, and then he organizes it into whatever format necessary.
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
So...LifelessPenguin is the editor? X3
tongue
I guess so. He/she IS the creator...
BTW, I'm a HE.

And another BTW, I am the editor or whatever you call them. And Bluepenguin is right, send me the message of your work. But, for press's, please send me the URL of the picture. Thank you. :)
smile
Wait, wait, wait, hold that thought. How frequently would the newspaper be published anyway? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Annually?! XD
over a year ago KowalSkip9 said…
^I seriously doubt it would only be posted annually, but I know you were probably joking with that one. XD
wink
^Of course I was. ;)
Lol it will be posted monthly.
Any deadline?
smile
IDK. I'll let you know sooner or later.
Hmm...
Wait,the writer must writing with the pic who taken from press.
Nah,the press must give the pic to writer.because the writer will writing from the screencap from press,right?