Penguins of Madagascar Remember Back When

EppofangirlXD posted on Apr 30, 2011 at 02:07AM
Well, a lot of you just love to talk about the past, when this PoM fanclub was better, and you wish it was like last time....

Penguins of Madagascar 38 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago LeonardFan said…
smile
Well I was never here during those times when the POM fanclub was better. But I certainly wished that I would have been there when it was better. Recently I'm feeling a little bit bummed because we lost 2 POM fans here a few days ago. How I wish some of those who left this spot would come back, even if it's just for a short time, so I can get to meet them.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
I love this forum already. :3

@LeonardFan: Who left?
over a year ago LeonardFan said…
smile
Jasonpenguin and DSPRTPENGUIN D:, read DSPRTPENGUINS wall post, they were planning to leave together...they just don't want to announce it because it would create fracas.
No way! They were awesome! And Jasonpenguin JUST got here! Well, I really hope the fans that chased them away are happy.
over a year ago thespikedturtle said…
I don't really know Jasonpenguin. Probably too new for me. I'll talk to dsprtpenguin, because I'm pretty sure she'll still be on meebo.
Did she say anything, tst? I know she hasn't been around here in a while now...
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
Well, I was kind of late here, but I still remember a lot of people who were there but left eventaully. I especially miss JediPenguin, who had awesome fanarts.
Jedi was amazing. And it wasn't just her pictures, but she had so many ideas to help the spot and kept things here fun and she was soo nice. Just an amazing person and friend. I really miss her...
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
smile
I miss Jedi too. D:

Ah, the past. Despite the fact that there was not much PoM content, I have to say it was much more PoM-y and less OC-y. :)
over a year ago EppofangirlXD said…
smile
Exacleh. I remember when I used to be sooooooo much more obsessed, clicking everything in sight on this spot, because everything that you guys posted were valuable PoM stuff, not some trashy things like now...I also liked the really good PoM authors! They were legendary...
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
the past...when i was a Sgt... :( i reeeeeeeeeeally miss those times... and i miss all the fans that left...
monkey
WE NEED TO TURN BACK THE TIME! Kowalski! How far are you on your time machine?
Kowalski: You mean–
Me: NO! I MEAN TIME MACHINEEEE!!!

DX
Totally agree, Eppo. I remember when I would actually bother to check EVERY update, because every one was worth checking.

And I don't even want to blame the problem on the fangirls, or on the OCs, or on rpers or spammers or idiots or whatever. We've been through soo much here, but somehow we've always pulled ourselves back together. I think the problem now is that no one's talking to eachother. Maybe you are individually on Meebo, but apart from on forums like this, when was the last time we actually had a group conversation on the spot?
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
^I have no idea. Back when I was new here, I loved it so much, because there was so much to look for. But the magic's kind of gone, you know?
over a year ago quasomeness said…
I notice that since I've joined here, there's been less dating stuff going on. I think we're heading towards making this PoM spot better. (Yeah, I kinda sound like Private there.)
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
I used to read through all the updates each day, too, though I haven't done that recently. I concentrate a lot now on taking a look at new content (images, picks, etc.) and following the updates on items that I've already found interesting.

This song sort of captures the "remember when" spirit well: link
I think the spot is definetely better than it was the last couple months with all the OCs and drama junk, but it still isn't the same. Like a said, I think it's that no one's just talking anymore. That's why I've been trying to bring back tdl's old fail forum so that we can all hopefully become closer again, but the only people who've gone on it so far are me, tst, SPKR, beastialmoon, kowalski355, and for a bit Jazzy.

That's a cool song, SJF. Not the kind of music that I'd normally listen to, but it kind of makes me want to have a memory montage. Maybe I'll type one out later.
^wait, what?

i miss the other Skipper :( he was fun... i have nothing against this Skipper, but im use to the other...
:( i want him to come back just once
The forum "Click here if you're bored. Or don't click here because you're too lazy too" or something like that. A forum we can just talk on as friends, not just as crazy PoM fans.
^I've been to that forum. Except for the fact that sometimes I have no idea what you guys are talking about, and it goes too fast for me! D:

@Penguinangel: I know right! At least it wasn't like a couple months ago...
You should talk then! You can usually tell what we're talking about by the last post or two. And it's not that fast. People used to comment every minute, way back when. Now THAT was hard to keep up with, but I really miss it. I hate waiting for hours for a response from a fan that's still online but doesn't bother to check, and when they finally get around to it I've logged off. I get that life goes on outside the computer. But if you're going to get into a forum to talk, then you should be prepared to talk. I mean, what if someone wants to talk about what's going on right then? It doesn't matter anymore 10 hours later.
Finally got around to that montage. These are some of my biggest memories from the spot, both good and bad. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

When Kowalski and Skipper first came.
AC's sugar rushes
When Skipper held recruitments for his team.
Lt-Kowalski and Col-Skipper trying to take Kowalski and Skipper's identities.
Drfatbutt and Nutty spamming the crap out of the spot.
Katerina and Reily hating on Skipper.
When SPKR was our Seargant.
Me and skipper123 trying to hold a war against Dr. Blowhole.
The insane fangirl fights.
And of course all of my old friends that left.

*tear* I think I'm gonna cry! DX
tongue
Hey....I remember Katerina and Reily! I hated them!

and also...I remember that 'bored' forum, and then I had no idea what you guys were talking about?! then saw it had 67 pages?! eh, oh well. I kinda just jumped in a bit.
Well yeah, I hope you didn't try to read it all first! XD And it's 69 pages now. (DON'T ANYONE EVEN SAY IT)
smirk
Penguinangel, i miss those exact times too. so many ppl left :( there there, *hugs you*

69 you say?!?! *smriks* interesting number there XD
Thanks, SPKR. I really wish some of them would come back. I keep hoping that maybe with summer coming they'll get more time and decide to visit, but I don't know...

I SAID NOT TO!

Btw, you can call me Angel instead of Penguinangel if you want. It's a bit shorter.
we will make them!!! O_O we have the force!!!

X3 do you know me?!?!? XD i WOULD say it

and i do sometimes...
big smile
Penguinsangel: how about P. Angel?!?!?!
SPKR: No we don't, we lost our Jedi, remember? :'(

Yeah... XD

Ok, I thought you did, but I wasn't sure. It's about half and half for who calls me Penguinangel vs. Angel out of the fans I talk to more.

Eppo: NOOOO. XD
... dont make me sad!! DX

B3 yeah, im always the one that thinks that way XD

ok ANGEL. i will call you ANGEL from now on, ok ANGEL? :P
Sorry!

THANK YOU! XD
angelic
its ok, i know that she sent the force to be with us...
rainy
*sigh* we somehow need the force to being them all back!!!!!
O_O this looks like a job for...................

A MAGNET!!

...too bad ppl arent made of metal -.-
Wouldn't Jedi probably have a Devi account? She's a great artist, I'd be surprised if she doesn't. Maybe we could see if we could find her there? :D
idk she should. but then again, i would feel funny to contact someone from another site cuz then it feels like stalking to me XD
Yeah, good point. Plus, she decided that her time in the PoM fandom was up, and I'd like to respect that decision. Doesn't make me miss her any less though...
cool
SPKR: The water in our bodies DO contain magnetic properties. But very little.