Penguins of Madagascar Support for Sadness (SFS)

Ninja-Penguin posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 04:42AM
After hearing several incidents, i thought this might help. So just say what is bugging or upsetting you lately? Come on, let it out!

Penguins of Madagascar 45 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Ninja-Penguin said…
I'll start...
My mum & dad divorced on boxing day.
My Grandad died and i didn't go to his funeral.
I'm constantly bullied at school for no apparent reason.
I've had no sleep for 3 days.
PSN isn't working.
A girl is hitting on MY boyfriend!!!
I got no easter eggs!
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
I like the idea of a forum like this somewhere to rant, but I don't think it really belongs here. But if I'm commenting anyway...

I'm still really really bummed because there's this guy I really like in my band, but he's a senior this year so he won't be around next year, and I pretty much blew any chance I had with him. I was trying soo hard to talk to him so I could be his friend at least, but I was stupid enough to tell my best friend that I liked him. And she decided to make it her business to get us to go to Homecoming together. Well, she forced me to ask him, and I passed out in the hall (no, not even kidding). He did say yes before my books hit the floor, but then after Homecoming I was stupid and kept putting off talking to him again because I was still nervous because I didn't know him that well yet, and I asked him to the dance, so obviously he knew I liked him, and that just made me panic even more! And now it's been like 9 months and I never got up the guts to talk to him again and he has a girlfriend, and I'm just soo mad at myself for being such a huge dork. But I get sooo nervous so easily, and my friend should have known that, and if she never forced me to ask him to the dance then we could at least be good friends now! DX
over a year ago thespikedturtle said…
smile
This has nothing to do with PoM. But it's such a nice idea that I don't really care, maybe we could finally be a family again :)

Ninja-Penguin, I know how a lot of that stuff feels. My parents have been divorced since I was extremely young. I never really had "parents" so to say, just a mom.

Penguinangel, I think I know you well enough... You might not have even gotten the guts up to ask the guy without your friend. So try just giving the guy a chance to be your friend. Just because he has a girlfriend now, it doesn't mean your friendship can't still happen! It may start out awkward, but that doesn't mean anything!

Ugh. I don't really what to say about me, it's all pretty complicated. And it'd be pushing some people's privacy, so I'm not gonna say anything...
I don't think you know just how shy I am. I can't just go up and start talking to someone if they're not a good friend of mine already. I've tried, many times, but I just can't do it. If he'd come up and talk to me, I'm all for a conversation. But he didn't, or maybe he did but I walked by too quick in the halls and didn't notice. Either way, there's only 7 weeks left of the school year and I blew it. I know I'm not gonna talk to him before the New York trip, and I'm hoping soo badly that I'll get to hang out with him then because one of my best friends is also one of his best friends, and she's going too. But if not, then I know I'm not gonna talk to him again by the end of the year. I'm just too nervous, and pretty embarassed still for not talking to him for so long, and from a few things my friends between Homecoming and now. T_T
smile
I know how shy you are, that's why I said you'd probably never have talked to him in the first place without your friend. It's not too late, it's never too late. He's going on the New York trip? Well that's great! You'd have plenty of time to talk to him then, it's New York, anything is possible! Just hang out with your friend, and make sure she hangs out with him, you'll at least be close. Then all you have to do is talk to your friend, you'll be talking to him at the same time. Before you know it, you'll be friends with him too. Same thing happened to me when I went to Florida, I became friends with people I'd never even met before within like half an hour!
Ha, Three Days Grace. And I'm hoping we'll get to be friends then, but there's also a good chance that he'll spend the majority of the trip with his girlfriend, who's also going. I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks.
Yeah, I did it on purpose. To see if you'd catch it, nice work! *pats you on head* Do you know his girlfriend? She might turn out to be really nice. And if you can get to be friends with her, then you're pretty much automatically friends with him too.
over a year ago EppofangirlXD said…
Aww. Sweet forum. You can also bring this over to the advice fanclub, too! We all have problems...*both of you stare at me* wait, was I intterupting something? okay, I'll back out now...
it's ok lolz,
I'm already friends with his girlfriend, just not really close friends. Like, I'll talk to her at band things since we're usually in the same group of people, but I don't hang out with her outside of school and band.

Na, you're fine Eppo.

If you're being bullied at school, the best thing to is probably just ignore them, Ninja-Penguin. If people wanna be jerks, they don't deserve to be noticed.
Nah, nobody's interrupting anything, that's what we're here for!

Well that's kinda good. I'd try to get a little closer to her though, it could never hurt anything. You still need to at least talk to him, hope that trip to NYC goes well!

Ninja, how exactly are they bullying you? Physically, verbally, or what?
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
While this isn't a great idea to put this, I don't mind at all.

I'm sad for all those people who lost homes and lives during the hundreds of tornadoes that hit the U.S. just last night.

I miss my grandfather very much, and me and my friend are doing a song that I believe is perfect for how much I miss him (except she's doing it for a friend she lost a week ago). And if we don't make the solo, I will cry, because I really want to do this song for my grandfather who I loved very much.

@Ninja-Penguin-Bullying...I know this topic well. I've dealt with a lot of people in my life who just don't know when to quit bullying. But what Angel said is best; ignore it. Those people just enjoy sucking the happiness out of you, because they are jealous of you for something, just have no lives, have bad lives and need to make everyone miserable around them, or feel alone and take their loniless out the wrong, wrong way.. But ignoring them will piss them off, and they'll just leave you be and go bother someone else, or, better yet, stop. Or you can report these people. Physical or verbal, it's still wrong and should be noticed by adults who can stop it.

And I know how you feel, Angel. I am very quiet and shy, and don't make friends with people very easily, unless they want to talk to me. I can't talk right sometimes-stammer, say the wrong thing, or just don't make sense, I feel like I can say anything right. But when I'm with friends, that's different. At least around them, I can act like myself. And people find me strange-a lot of people. But too bad for them, because for whose who decide not to be with me, they're missing an opportunity to make friends with me.
Yes, let's keep those people in our thoughts. My country received several tornadoes last week, and it's
a densely populated area. Probably about .2 miles away from my house too, I'm thankful it didn't hit my house... O.o

As for the bullying, I'm not sure how to help until I know what kind, or how bad. Ignoring them isn't always the best option, and sometimes it's impossible to ignore them. But unless you can actually report them to the principal, then ignoring them is the only option.

If there's anything I've learned so far in life, it's to never trust anyone. Even if they call you their best friend, never trust anyone. There's not a single person in real life that knows the true side of me, because I know that many people, including my friends, would use it against me. So I guess that means there are two completely different levels of friendships. Choose your closest friends very wisely.

Yes, being shy is definitely annoying. I have pretty much the same issues. I don't like talking to people I don't really know, because most of the time I end up saying stuff I don't mean, or just stutter the whole time. Which annoyse when everybody else is just talking to everybody else, no problem. Cracking jokes and everything, while I just kinda sit there quietly...
meh
The tornadoes.. i know i don't live there but just can't help feeling upset about it...
@thespikedturtle i haven't seen much 'buying' from my dad, and my mum took me to cleethorpes.
Thing is, when they split, my dad said he was distraught and really upset, but then 'found' a girlfriend within 3 weeks! Even if he was distraught, he wouldn't do it that quickly.
Because 10 years ago, my dad cheated on my mum, but now, my mum thinks his girlfriend is the one from 10 years ago. Now, he's refusing to pay Mum the money he owes her for the house because he is meant to buy her out. So she went to a solicitor's this morning to get it sorted
over a year ago quasomeness said…
I'm just having one of those days where I'm kinda not passionate for anything. Not sure if it would be called the blues. I also have these thoughts that I will never be passionate about anything again, although this feeling usually wares off within a few days. (I'm still a PoM fan; just need to get the life passion back over the next few days).
last edited over a year ago
The tornados last night was horrible. I feel aweful for all those people. :(

You really don't let a single person know the real you, tst? You have to have SOMEONE you can really, truly trust. I don't know how I'd get by if couldn't trust my friends not to turn around and make fun of me.

I know how you feel, quasomeness. I always hate days like that. I hope it wares off soon.
Ninja, that must not be fun. Doesn't sound like your dad's exactly the nicest guy either. But you just live with your mom, right?

Quasomeness, same here. Bad days lead to bad feelings, it's pretty depressing. But you'll feel better, just eat some chocolate, watch a little PoM. As long as nothing horrible happens, you'll be okay :)

There are a couple people that are pretty close to me. But no one knows the 'real' me, at least, not like I want them too. I'm too scared to let anybody in. And I know a lot of times that's why I get depressed, but I'd rather me get hurt and everyone else just be ignorant and happy.
sad
My dad used to slap me if i backchatted to him. I just stay with my mum.
He would shout too, and hear this, He Never Ever hugged me.
Aww... :( That's sad. *hugs* At least you still have your mom, right? :)
over a year ago Sandrei said…
ok than maybe I'll add something up as well, who knows.. perhaps I will feel a lil bit better afterwards.. the thing that's bugging me immensely right now is that depressing, terrifying knowledge that a person I cherish within all my heart lives so freakin' far away from me, on the over side of the ocean, and uh... well.. i'd rather didn't go into details bc it would take some time and yeah.. long story short.. Im suffering from a constant heart wrench and I'm afraid there's no cure for that.. well, maybe except of prayers.... Please dont get mad guys, I just HAD to..;( bc it's very, very hard for me and the worst thing is that I have to put on a brave face every day and act normally in front of my friends, because I know I have nobody in whom I can confide.. and everybody always expects to see me in the brightest of colors, dunno why.. as if people didn't have the right to have their own sorrows! >.< ;((((((oh the misery....
over a year ago Sandrei said…
and huggies for everybody, I will keep all of you in my thoughts ;(
That's gotta be aweful, Sandrei. I'm really sorry. :( And we'd never be mad at you for telling us that.
*gives you big hug* It's okay. Some of the people I care most about in my life I've never even met. They're people here on Fanpop, chances are I'll never even meet them. So what you just gotta do is keep them in your mind, keep them in your heart, keep them in your prayers. And just try to move on with your life, because just missing them isn't going to do you any good. You'll survive without them for the time being, no matter how hard it may seem.

And why would we get mad at you? That's exactly what this forum is for, isn't it? :)
Yeah....okay, my problem is that I'm SUPER SUPER antisocial....I got no friends at school! I tried to make some, but I never keep em!....actually, it's not such a big problem, I'm pretty fine on my own, gotta depend on myself XD okay, then.

Sandrei, I feel sorry for you, that must be so painful! Hope you keep in touch with that person....
smile
It's okay, being antisocial isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just means you're quiet. And a lot of times, that's a good thing, you don't get caught up in any sort of drama or anything. :D
Im quite anti-social. My BF was getting bullied and i feel guilty because i was right beside him and did nothing...
I can't really call him my boyfriend either, i never got the courage to tell him how i feel, im scared he might laugh and i'd never see him again...
@Sandrei i understand how you feel, & it's ok. At school im a completely different person. I like to laugh but i try to make others laugh more, to them, im always giggly & cheerful. But deep down, is that feeling, like a weight. Eventually, you have to tell someone. You never know until you try :)
Well that's just being shy, there's quite a big difference between shy and antisocial. There's nothing wrong with either, but you certainly don't seem that bad to me.
And he is your boyfriend, he just doesn't know that yet :P
Pretty much... I wish it would be official, but i decided to wait and make it last longer :)
smile
Well do you know if he likes you back? And I mean, there's never any harm in telling him!
Well, he does hug me, and when "Jake" annoys me, he comes and tells "Jake" to go away....
Actually, I'm not shy!

^Me thinks you should tell him, but it's okay if you don't....just think of that lifetime of regret!
smile
Pretty much everything people say is pointless. Life lesson #6. :P You don't even want friends? Everybody needs friends, whether you know it or not. Keeps you sane, keeps your mind thinking you're not alone. And it's okay, not everybody get's crushes. I've had a whole 1 in my life, and I only knew her from Fanpop, so I'm not sure how accurate that was... XD

I agree, you definitely need to tell him. Because if you don't, you'll never live it down, always thinking it could have been better.
Yeah, i just need more self-esteem & confidence. No probs ...
Friends keep you sane? Mine drive me insane.
Im goin to bed now, been up all night, it's 5AM!
Confidence. That'll take you all the way :)

Friends keep you sane. The only way your friends would drive you insane is if they're not truly your friends.

Do you not need sleep or something?! I'd be completely dead by then!
Did you kill him!?
laugh
Yes. She killed her own boyfriend. She just thought, "Hmm, I've never killed a person, I should try it! How about the person that I care the most about?"

Sorry for the sarcasm, that was just super funny to me. :P
smile
Calm down Jocelyn, we know you wouldn't do that!
over a year ago shadowcharmer said…
about the bullying and choosing ur friends wisely; as skipper says, a friend is an enemy that hasn't attacked yet
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
I hate the way Skipper defines a friend. It's not like that at all. Well...I guess a bit of it is. I mean, they are enemies who haven't attacked yet, but it all depends on if they attack you at all. It's best to have friends that you know will always have your back and never hurt you verbally or physically.
I agree, D-Angel. Maybe that's why he's always so paranoid. If I couldn't trust my friends, I'd probably go crazy!
hmmm
I have to completely agree with Skipper on this one. I've tried putting all my trust into one person, all I ended up doing was crying and cutting myself. Definitely not worth it... But if they're just a friend, then it's not like it's going to hurt you or anything.
Oh, I'm sorry, tst. But that doesn't mean someone else won't be a better friend, and you have to trust SOMEONE, don't you?
Nah, I really don't have to trust anyone. I trust people up until a certain point. There is one friend that I do copmletely trust, but they're only here on fanpop, and you never know online...

Eh, I learn to live with it.
angry
^same!

ps I am completely self-supported. I just realized that, because this forum isn't making me feel any better at all. I've been through two friends in this country, one of them is now my enemy, the other became too much of a burden, and THEN became friends with my enemy...hmm. People in my country have a low EQ.
over a year ago quasomeness said…
Well sometimes, when the passion of PoM and life is sucked out of me for a few days (it usually comes back), I don't know whether I am a PoM fan or not. I think I am, although I'm not an extremely crazy fan-girl-like person. This is just creating anxiety in me.