Penguins of Madagascar Nickelodeon is killing our show.

67Dodge posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 04:42AM
I'm suspicious of Nick's intentions with POM. I mean, I understand if dreamworks is trying to save money, but they don't need to show POM on such inconvenient times, and all there is on Nick anymore often is marathons of Spongebob or one of their reality shows. Okay, I already estimated this: In one week, POM gets around probably 3-4 hours run time, while Spongebob gets around 5-6 hours, AND to make things worse, their live actor shows with no animation get 7-9 hours of running time total, meaning the live action is taking over!! So fans, the biggest enemy to POM isn't SB, it's those live action shows threatening to take over the channel and kick em both out. I'm not urging you all to hate live actions like icarly or Victorious, I'm just saying that they need to back off a bit and let animated shows share running time. Not to mention, Dreamworks is in debt from all the movies they made between 2009-2011, so they need to stop all plans for putting more Dreamworks shows on Nick until they have the money to run those new shows AND POM. All making new shows is gonna do Dreamworks, is put you deeper into debt, so cancel the plans until you're in financial shape. Finally, if they want to get richer from fans on this club watching POM, Nick needs to stop cutting off Dreamworks so meanly to their audiences and show our favorite Penguins on convenient times like 2:00pm or 3:00pm. They shouldn't force Dreamworks to air Penguins of Madagascar while we're at school, I'm sitting in Math class getting a boring lecture on and on, while they're playing the episode: Cutastrophe!!!

Penguins of Madagascar 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Ninja-Penguin said…
sad
ARGH! DON'T KILL POM!
over a year ago amiraPOMvers said…
crying
no!please no!i dont want it!
over a year ago 67Dodge said…
sad
Don't want what? I'm saying that Nick is trying to destroy POM.
over a year ago Motorbreath said…
I honestly don't believe Dreamworks is in any kind of debt as their movies often gross far more than their initial cost to make, so I don't think that's a proper generalisation. The release of new shows however definitely impacts the show in terms of air time so I wouldn't rule that out.
over a year ago quasomeness said…
Honestly, I know this is hard for all of us, but we need to somehow speak out to people. We need to let Nick know how strong the support is for PoM, not just by kids, but also by teenagers and young adults. There are PoM fans out there who keep their interest to themselves, not even going on Fanpop, many of whom probably are teenagers.

Also, it is possible that PoM is still popular even under-aired. Imagine how popular it will become if there is a one day marathon of PoM. That's the problem with Nick. We need to let Nick know how we feel. They also under-advertise, air at inconvinient times, and do all this other stuff. 67Dodge might be right. It could be the reality shows. Nick is going to become lame with all the reality shows, just like Cartoon Network did.

Also, as a last resort, if Nick eventually decides to cancel PoM (even if it is just moved to Nicktoons Network), we should spread a boycott Nick; we don't want to pay extra to watch PoM, especially if it will still be at inconvenient times.

I'm ticked off at Nick right now.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Jhoman12 said…
I Know Man i Feel You
over a year ago Bluepenguin said…
hmmm
My educated guess is that they are creating so many new Dreamworks inspired shows (Ex: Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness will come out in 2011 - 2012) and spending money on creating new episodes on other shows, they're running out of money for PoM. Spongebob? Of course not! That's Nickelodeon's own creation, they can use as much money as they want on it. PoM? Uhhhh.... they have deals made with Dreamworks and possibly Universal, so it costs more money on the animation and the airings than it would, say, Fanboy and Chum Chum. And even worse, they show the most popular shows, SB and iCarly, 4 - 10 times per day, which sucks hours out of showing times for PoM or makes it that they show it during the most inconvenient times, like school hours. If you "eliminate" the competition, then PoM could keep running forever like SB, but too bad that kids love other shows more than the wonderful creation that is this show.

It's completely unfair, though, PoM is (or was) the second top animation for kids ages 2 - 11, or something similar to that. It makes no sense whatsoever either; who would run only two eps of PoM every other day if it's on the "top children shows" list?
My educated guess is that they are creating so many new Dreamworks inspired shows (Ex: Kung Fu Panda:
Well, PoM wasn´t aired that much in 2010 either, we have to remember. And it still finished 2010 as #2 for children 2-11 AND basic cable viewers. And even with low airing frequency, it still finished up with a BAFTA award. And it was NOMINATED for KCA 2011. Imagine how popular PoM would become if it was played at least three legit times.
over a year ago WolfxthexCat said…
tongue
Finally, someone else who also sees the real picture! Even in the last KCA, I was fairly disappointed with the lack of cartons there were too. Even Spongebob had little "air time" during the event, and I miss it when Cosmo and Wanda used to narrate the show too. Nick has to find a way to balance out the run time for all of them. After all, not all of us have access to their second channel Nicktoons to watch them...
over a year ago thespikedturtle said…
smile
Nickelodeon is not killing our show. The Nickelodeon viewers are killing the show. Don't blame a TV network for doing what's best for the company as a whole. People prefer iCarly, Victorious, and Spongebob over PoM, so why wouldn't Nick air them more often?

I'm not saying I don't wish PoM was on more often, I'm just giving you the honest-to-goodness facts.
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
Oh, I completely agree with you, man. Because of my sister (who says she HAS to watch her shows that aren't PoM) and school, I can hardly catch any episodes that are on on the weekdays. If they want to have better views and get paid more, the times should be somehow more reasonable.

I've noticed this, too, about our "competition". I don't hate iCa rly and Victorious, but the fact that they bring on so many of these boring shows (I watched Supah Ninjas and wanted those 30 minutes of my life back! And how many Powerr Rangers shows do we really need?! *says to self* Okay, Carolyn, just stop ranting, okay?! Okay!) just shows favoritism and that isn't right. Every show should be treated the same, no matter how "popular".

I remember when Nick only had maybe one or two Nick live action shows (I remember there was the Amanda show, but, right now, my mind can't bring back any other ones from back them). But I guess that Nick wants to show that it is growing up. But if that is true, then that is pointless, since Nick is a KIDS show! If people grow up, there will be more kids to watch the shows. There are other channels out there that are good for all ages. I don't want the thing I grew up on to grow away from me, either, and change into something I dislike because of this. But, I'm not very sure about this, but this is just how I see it.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
told you they hated it. :\
It's not that the viewers "hate" PoM in my opinion; it's just that they're used to the other shows. Since Nick is killing our show, the viewers also kill the show. Nick doesn't give the viewers a good chance to "like" the show.

This is just my opinion. If you have any agreements or disagreements, please post them.
hmmm
I know only four people at my school that sorta like PoM, but two of those people are die-hard Spongebob fans. The third one loves Victorious and Glee over anything else, and the fourth would kill to watch Adventure Time for 24 hours a day. When I ask them which was the latest PoM ep they watched, usually they say "The one with the green jello cube that eats fruit" or "That freaky, doctor dolphin who wanted to destroy the world". -_-

Quasome, Dark Angel, Thespikedturtle, and those who agree with them are right, viewers don't hate the show, they just LOVE other shows too much. D:
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
oh i ment that Nick hates the show, not the viewers, heck lots of kids in my school watch it and i feel fine walkin around with it on my laptop, hand, background, and notebooks :\
over a year ago thespikedturtle said…
Nick doesn't "hate" any show. They're just doing what's best for themselves. We're in the minority, so why would we be catered to? It wouldn't be fair to all the fans of Spongebob and iCarly.

I mean seriously, it's not possible for anyone to hate PoM. :P
over a year ago sparks_90 said…
@thespikedturtle: I agree
PoM is too awesome to be hate-able, it's just that people like other shows a bunch more, and Spongebob has been running for like what, 12 - 15 years or so?