Penguins of Madagascar NO POM FOR 2 WEEKS UNTIL 5/2/11. WHY IS NICK DOING THIS TO US?

quasomeness posted on Apr 20, 2011 at 02:41AM
Last time I checked on tvguide.com (on 4/17/11), on the main Nick channel, there weren't any PoM episodes scheduled for the next week or two. Does anyone know what's up with this? Why does Nick not like PoM? Is it for benefit for one of the Madagascar movies?

Penguins of Madagascar 23 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago quasomeness said…
Okay. I've checked, and they are airing episodes May 2 and 3 at 2:30 EDT. It's still weird that they kill the show for 2 weeks.
over a year ago 67Dodge said…
That sucks, if it's an excuse to cancel the show, then I officially hate Nick. But if it's to fund the Madagascar 3 and Penguins of Madagascar movie, then it would make sense to save up their money for that.
over a year ago Jhoman12 said…
angelic
Aww Nah This Can't be True Why is nick doing This to POM?They Proabaly busy with it Or something
over a year ago amiraPOMvers said…
angry
whaaaaaaattt?it sucks!
over a year ago dsprtpenguin said…
What? lol. PoM here is still airing XD
over a year ago Bluepenguin said…
hmmm
I know, I checked two days ago, isn't that sad? NO! Because it's a TRAGEDY! DX
I feel like this kitty below my comment. (Not really on topic, buuuuuut, oh well XD). ↓↓↓
I know, I checked two days ago, isn't that sad? NO! Because it's a TRAGEDY! DX
I feel like this kitt
You all could have a point.
Now I realize they might be saving money for one of the movies or some other excuse, but there's no excuse for depriving basic cable viewers of something we love for 2 weeks OR airing it on Nicktoons Network while we all are at our schools.
^It might be, but I think since everyone is saying there is only like 30 episodes left at this point, they're trying to stretch the time of the episodes, so that by the end of 2012 or beginning of 2013, PoM will be finished and at the series finale. The thing is, Dreamworks and Nickelodeon need to work on 4 other shows that they will premiere, including Kung-Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, and some other Dreamworks related movies/series. :/
Someone should so post a Youtube video that would become viral that would promote PoM. That way, Dreamworks/Nickelodeon will be forced to keep the show on the air. Besides, they are the 2nd most viewed show from ages 2-11 and within basic cable viewers.

I think they are also trying to stretch the episodes so that the new episodes primere right after the Madagascar 3 or Penguins movie to boost the PoM popularity more.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
big smile
oh common, its just a show. heck ill be thrilled if they are saving money up for Mad 3 :D I CANT WAIT FOR THAT MOVIE!!
over a year ago Kowalski355 said…
laugh
^ agreed!

anyways... i know!! That sucks! I wanted to see the episode Cute-astrobe and as soon as it was suppost to come on, it never did for me. i was like: THAT sucks!!!!!!!!

over a year ago karenkook said…
hmmm
Yesterday, I found out they will be showing them once saturday morning then once again on Sunday morning... Or is it just for my TV?
over a year ago penguin014 said…
crying
whats up with them playing PoM AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING WHY ARE U DOING THIS TO US NICK WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY
over a year ago Blue_Vanilla said…
i can't belive it nick. you leave me no choice but to toss molotov at you
Does anyone have any idea why PoM isn't airing very often nor at a reasonable time in the day? 'Cause it's seriously ticking me off.
Well, it's a step in the right direction for Nick to air PoM on weekends, but it's still not enough.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago thespikedturtle said…
It's not their most popular show. Just be glad they show it at all, a lot of my favorite shows are completely gone.

They're too busy with iCarly and Victorious. They're not bad shows, but still...
angry
I think Nick isn't ALLOWING PoM to be popular by airing it infrequently and, when they do air it, it's at inconvenient times (eg. during school or at 6AM).
angry
That's true, they're not letting us be popular because they ALWAYS make new shows every 6-8 months that cancel existing shows that have barely been on for 2 seasons, and they air this show at bad times, like ANYTHING is gonna get popular if you play it during school or in fucking 5:30 am!!
I have to wake up at 5:30 to get to school everyday.
By the time I have to leave (6:30), and by the time I'm at school (7:00), they show PoM at 7:30, which is completely inconvenient. I leave school at 2:15, and get home at 2:45 - 3:00, and I miss another ep. -_-

I'm telling you, they're saving money for new Dreamworks shows. >_<
angry
Dreamworks is just running out of money, well Dreamworks, KEEP WHAT YOU CURRENTLY HAVE!!! All making new shows is gonna do is plunge them deeper into debt. Maybe Dreamworks would make more money if they showed POM more often and on convenient times, THEY'D BE RICH!!!
You may have a point. If Dreamworks focused more on a currently successful show, such as PoM (which was ranked #2 in ages 2-11 and basic cable viewers and had a 6 million viewer premire), they would do better economically. I'm not sure who's responsible for this now, Nick or Dreamworks.
over a year ago thespikedturtle said…
At least they still show PoM. Think of all the shows that they've had that have failed within a year or so. Planet Sheen for example, I don't think anybody actually watches that. Invader Zim is wildly popular, but they canceled it. Why? Because it doesn't matter.

See, Nick, Disney, and Cartoon Network are the only kids networks available. Nick knows that no matter what, kids are going to watch their shows, because Disney is declining and Cartoon Network is growing up with its viewers. So Nick is the only true kids channel left. No matter what, kids will always watch Spongebob and Dora, simply because they're popular. iCarly and Victorious are popular because the lead actresses are multi-talented (not to mention cute).

So what does Nick need to do to keep viewers watching? Take the well-known animations (Kung Fu Panda, How To Train Your Dragon) and bring the fans of those into the Nickelodeon world. Since the movies were so successful, people want to see what the series will be like, and they'll watch Nickelodeon. The old shows that have little going for them will simply start fading away.

Don't believe me? Honestly, when was the last time you saw Danny Phantom or Catscratch? Both of those shows were awesome, and Nick knew it. But Madagascar was popular at the time, so they just shoved PoM in there. And whether you think it or not, it gets a fair bit of airtime. Nickelodeon has about 8 hours of show time, and they still have Spongebob, Tuff Puppy, BTR, iCarly, and Victorious. The fact that PoM gets in at all is a miracle.

Wow. That turned out to be way more long-winded then I'd hoped... XD
over a year ago penguin014 said…
i think its cause of the POM MOVIE!!!!
i think its cause of the POM MOVIE!!!!