Penguins of Madagascar Re-Election!

Metallica1147 posted on Apr 06, 2011 at 01:27AM
For you new PoM fans, about a year ago we had an election here for who will be the president for this fan club. Now this is all for fun and no one will get any real power. It's just for fun, friendly competition, that's all :) So far these people are running:

SJF_Penguin2 (Since he won last year)
Metallica1147
Penguinangel
xDark_Angelx
LifelessPenguin
Icicle1penguin
EppofangirlXD

And I think that's it.

If you would like to run, just say so BUT someone else has to agree with you running as prez! So you can't say you want to run and be in, second your idea for running
last edited on Apr 09, 2011 at 03:03PM

Penguins of Madagascar 52 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 52

over a year ago Metallica1147 said…
big smile
And I want to run for prez! But someone has to agree with me running XD so I shall wait till someone says it! :D *Waits* ^^
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
I agree with you being president, Metallica. :)

And I'd like to give it a shot. Sounds fun! :D
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
big smile
Yay, new election time! I wouldn't mind running this time.

I think you'd make a pretty good president, D-Angel.

Hey, you know what I just thought of? I wonder if this is considered mutiny, since SJF doesn't entirely know about it yet... XD
last edited over a year ago
big smile
I WILL MESSAGE HIM ABOUT THIS THEN! :D
big smile
There, I send him the message and so far its me, SJF and D-Angel running! :D
over a year ago hanz1192 said…
smile
Ok, I can tell this will be fun, I've only recently came here and I don't know how you guys do elections here
over a year ago LifelessPenguin said…
big smile
I want to run for prez.
over a year ago hanz1192 said…
smile
I second that
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
Technically, the last "election" (link) was held in August, so it hasn't quite been a year yet. But I suppose there were never any bylaws which directly specified the terms of the election process, so this wouldn't be usurpation by technical definition. (And no, I'm not a lawyer, jungle or otherwise, but thanks for asking.)

All right, this sounds interesting -- I'm in. I'd once again recommend some rules and procedures, however, such as date and time deadlines. (For those of you who don't know me as well, I consider the real Election Day in November like the second Super Bowl of the year.)
over a year ago EppofangirlXD said…
I....no idea XD
I agree with SJF. There should definetely be some rules and stuff.

How about the deadline for voting is May 1st. That way there'll be plenty of time for everyone to get involved. Or do you guys think that's too long? I don't want everyone to just forget about it...

Also, when do you guys want the fanpick up? I think we should wait a couple days so we have everyone who wants to run in the poll as soon as it's posted.

Ss far as any rules go, I think it would be mainly things everyone just has to hold themselves to. Like try not to vote for someone just because they're your friend (we don't want this turning into a popularity contest), and definetely no asking your friends from other spots to come and vote for you.
over a year ago Bluepenguin said…
laugh
Oooh this sounds fun!!! XD
I'll make sure to place my vote, because I would never be trusted when running as prez! XD

Also, I agree with SJF and Penguinangel, rules would definitely help to make the voting fair and equal to all PoM fanclub members. Maybe a forum topic, wall post, or article on it can help make sure everyone views them. :3
^Or maybe we could just figure them out here and ask Metallica to post the final rules under this forum's description thingy. We may as well keep all of the election info in one place, apart from the fanpick we'll be posting Sunday.
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
i would like to...but idk if i would be able too, because many people want to run...soo if i cant im fine with it :)
Alright look, I second Penguinangel to run because she told me she wants too so now its me, SJF, Penguinsngel, D-Angel, and I think LifelessPenguin (I THINK) So yeah, voting will begin Sunday and it will close on the first of May. And just be fair, everyone who is running, can vote but CANNOT VOTE FOR THEMSELFS! And for people who are running, if you vote, you must add at lease one comment so we know your not voting for yourselfs. Thank you! :D
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
Ooooh! Can I run? :3

Lol, SJF_Penguin, you're really into politics. XD
I agree. Rules are helpful to keep things in balance and keep things fair for the voting. And even though this is my first time EVER for running as prez, I'll give it my best shot! ^.^

And what do we (the people running) have do, exactly?
@Icicle1penguin: That, plus I serve as a poll worker on Election Day (14 hours = $250). It's generally a blast, but it's hard to tell someone that they can't vote because they're not on my checklist. Or when an error by another worker causes a bunch of ballots to be double-counted and I have to stay for an extra hour to audit the logs, that's no fun either.

Anyway, since you had to read through all of that, I'll second your nomination. That's your reward.
over a year ago MsKowalski99 said…
I MsKowalski99 Would Like To Run For PREZ!
Private: "I Like It!"- From Brush With Danger Of POM When The Penguin Found Kowalski's Invention Plan And They Said That A mad Genius Could Come And Get It But Rico Hacked Up A Pencil And Erased The Plus Sign On The Plans To make It A Launacorn And Private Said:"I Like It!"
smile
Ok so now its me, SJF, Penguinangel, D-Angel, LifelessPenguin, and Icicle running.

@D-Angel- Well we first have to make speaches and that stuff to show people why we would make a good prez, and then for whoever is prez. Just do what you would do on a spot like normal, we are just doing this for fun. :)
over a year ago AgentJazzy00 said…
big smile
Oh SJF,you think working as a poll worker is fun,when you should be somebody the people will be voting FOR. :D

Can I run?I once ran a drawing business when I was 7.
^Thanks!
over a year ago rebcam13 said…
Maybe we should have a Vice President too.
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
looks like a lot of people want to run, so ill back out (not like i was actually running in the first place apperently) eh doesnt matter, if i could, maybe Vice Prez would be better :) we need extremely responsible people here.
Hey Metallica? As we get people into the election, can you post them at the top of the page under the forum description thing?

I think a vice president's a good idea, since we have more than 3 people running this time. Maybe the runner-up can get it.
big smile
I'll trying running for president, and I only say that cuz no one shall choose me, so I'm SAFE!
over a year ago AgentJazzy00 said…
^I choose you XD.

Darn.Nobody chosed me.Oh well. :D
I'm gonna post the fanpick now for the nominees, so everybody please vote! Voting will close on May 1st. And if anyone else wants to run, I can still put your names in, but you'll be at a bigger disadvantage the closer we get to the first.

link
cool
Darn! I got chosen?! Saying that i wanted to run was my way of saying that I DIDN'T want to run...! Oh well. It's okay XD cuz I won't win the prez election this year XP it's so obvious either Metallica or SJF shall win!

And, AgentJazzy00, I choose you!
^I'll just go ahead and add her in. :)

EDIT: And Eppo, I can take you out if you really don't want to run. Or should I just leave it?
big smile
Heck, you don't have to do anything XD now I'll just recede to that dark corner of the room, or forum, and sit there and take notes and nod at the right times.
Alrighty then, you do that. XD
Presidential speeches time! :D I know, kinda far into the election, but we've still got 11 days! Basically, just write a speech about why you want to run or why people should vote for you, or whatever presidentially thing you can think of. Or if you suck with speeches, you don't have to do this, and it doesn't HAVE to be all official, like some of the speeches last election.

*walks up to podium* AHEM.

Okay, I STILL suck at speeches like this, but at least I have SOMETHING to say this time. A vote for me is basically saying you like the way I handle things on the spot. You don't think that I'm too pushy, and you don't think that I go overboard on the whole "walking rulebook" thing.

I guess I'd make a good president because I'm here pretty much everyday, and I rarely miss anything that goes on in this spot. And if anyone ever has any problems they want help with that's within my powers of helping, I'll always be glad to give you guys a hand. And, uh, well that's pretty much it.

*Lights, smoke, music, sparkles* Penguinangel, OUT! *walks away*
Speeches? Alright, I'll see what I can do. *goes up to podium*

I am D.Angel, running for Penguins of Madagascar club president. The reason I'm running for club president is because I don't just want to be a random face on this spot, or just some nobody. I want to be known somehow! So when I heard of these elections, I thought, "I guess I can give it a shot."

I'd probably make a good president because I go on here almost every day, and I like to comment on stuff, put stuff up, and I like every on here because they all have one thing in common with me; they all love our penguins. And if someone has a problem, I would be more than happy to help someone out. If you do vote for me, then thank you, because you must think I'd make a promising president. Even if you didn't vote for me, you still rock, and that doesn't mean I don't like you less.

So...that's it! Bye-bye! *a puff of smoke appears; when it clears, I'm still there* :P Oh! Uh...you didn't see anything. *leaves*
My turn to give a speech! :D

I suck at it though so I will try my best.......

You know, this is the first time that I ever ran to be a president to be anything. I was going to run class president in 6th grade, but that hope was broken by someone in my class saying "you can't run for president, your too stupid!" Yeah, that really hurt my feelings, and I was thinking the same thing was going to happen when I was going to run for prez on here. Now look, I will admit this, I am not the best person to run for president. I admit it, but I'm not going to talk about the things I will do; I'm going to talk about the things I will try to do and will be able to do with your guys help. I would be a good president because I come on Fanpop everyday, I may always av to chat so if any problems happen I available on the Meebo so you can let me know. I'm not mean, nor pushy, I am a nice guy, and always here to listen to anything you guys have to say. I am a fair guy, never would do anything to ruin this club, PoM is one of the things that is my life pretty much. I'm not scared to say it. PoM is one of the things that is my life! I love and respect everyone on his spot and have nothing against you people. Even if I don't know who you really are. So if you want to vote for me, go ahead but this is just for fun. You can pick someone else for all I care but if I win, I do promise to be a fair president and like I said, we will work together though anything on this spot.

~Metallica1147 out!
And now I shall give my candidacy speech.

Four score and seven years ago ... (oh wait, wrong speech. Allow me to begin again.)

I'm not one for sappy speeches, men, but the odds are ... (oops, still not mine. That was Skipper's. Let's try this again):

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a great deal of fun to have been a fan of "The Penguins of Madagascar" for just over two years now, and to have been a part of the Internet-based fandom of it ever since I wrote my first fan fiction story in July 2009. It's enough a part of my life today that it is difficult to try to picture a time without it; how the world survived for millennia without the cute-and-cuddliness of our flippered friends is shrouded in a degree of mystery that would rival Stonehenge.

It's great that we have a community such as this where we can all come together to contribute our shared knowledge and skills as they relate to our mutual obsession, and it's been a pleasure and an honor to have held even a titular role in this club for eight months. And while I certainly would like to continue in that capacity, this club is neither better nor worse by having any particular member granted a title -- it is only as good as those who make if flourish and breathe life into it each day. It's not about me, or you, or them -- it's about us, and I look forward to whatever the future may bring.

Good night, God bless, and long live the penguins.
over a year ago krazy4kowalski said…
Because of college crap, I haven't been on here in a while. And when I come back, there's an election? Lucky break that I made it here on time, eh? Anyway, this might be kind of late, but can I run for Secretary or something?
big smile
Oh, we have to give a speech. Oops. I'm probably too late. X3
Oh, that's why you've been gone? Anyway, I'm glad you made it in time!

Sure you can run for Secretary! XD But I don't think there's an election for that one, or any other runners, so as long as it's cool with the new prez on the 1st, you can probably just have the post.

@Icicle: We just gave speeches yesturday, so it's not too late. Fire away!
cool
Yay! Okay. Uh...I'm not good at this...Oh well, I have nothing to lose! Might as well have fun with it....

Ahem...Hi! Whazzup! As you all know, I am Icicle. Woooot!

Why would I be a great president? Well it's simple really:

I dunno. X3

Well, it looks fun! Uh...I've been here for...A year and a half. Or was it two? Basically I was probably one of the first ones here, uh, I think. I've been here for along time, so I guess I know a lot about the "history" of this club. Well, I've been here almost everyday! (It could've been everyday. But I had problems with computer viruses, my cousin, stuff like that) Uh...I'm a die-hard fan(one of the first, as they say) Um...

So, like I said, I was here for a loooong time, came here everyday. So I think I'll be an awesome president because I probably know a lot about this site, PoM, and my friends (in other words, you guys XD). And I'll try my best to be an awesome leader like Skipper! Except the he flat head thing. I'm also not fat. But it's normal for a penguins to be fat, that's one reason why they survive in those harsh conditions. And I'm not fat so...

I guess I'm not normal! :D

...That didn't come out right. Oh well.

LONG LIVE THE PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR!

*walks away* Thank yo-- *trips*
surprise
Oh, and D_Angel, you're not a nobody! :D
over a year ago Ninja-Penguin said…
sad
I'm new here and i barely know anyone, if i had got here earlier and knew them a bit better, i would have...
big smile
Hey, so it's been 6 months now since the last election. A year between to me sounds like too long, since there's a lot of new fans come and old fans gone, so would anyone be ready for a new election now?
Now?
over a year ago Matchmaker11 said…
sick
I would like to run. Would anyone else nominate me.
So a speech huh?

My fellow Penguins of Madagascar fans, I know I have been part of fanpop for a short time.But I was monitoring this site for months before I joined, so I feel like family even if you don't feel the same way. I really am dedicated to this site for I always checked in every day for updates. And ever since I joined I spent most of my free time here.
I am fair to everyone and never utter a mean word. So vote for me.
Brandon: Yeah, well, long as you're cool with it. You're still the Prez afterall. And we'd have probably 2 weeks to set up, then another week or 2 for the poll.

Matchmaker: Woah, hold on a sec, I'm glad you're excited to run, but we haven`t even decided if we're doing this right now or not. ^^'
over a year ago Matchmaker11 said…
sick
Okay. I figured we were doing it since a lot of other people were giving their speech.
Oh no, those are speeches from the last election. ^^
Very interesting timing, considering that today (Tuesday, November 8) actually is Election Day in some parts of the United States (mostly local offices like mayor, city council, etc.). Or as people like me like to call it, the year's second Super Bowl.

As far as this club is concerned, I think I could support the idea of elections every six months. However, if that is what is going to happen, it should be decided here and now that another election will happen in early May rather than then. An established cycle makes everything run smoother.
over a year ago Zelda4Efas said…
who SHOULD be the favorable cadidates then? mean, everyone is basically agreeing.