Penguins of Madagascar How Watching PoM Made Me Smarter

PenguinCrazy14 posted on Sep 05, 2010 at 07:11PM
What inspired this was someone daring to say to me, "Watching TV will rot your brain", as I was watching PoM. I was like, :*dead silence*...What? You're joking. PoM has actually made me smarter!"

Of course, having said that, I had to prove it. And so, here are some ways PoM has made me a smarter person:

1: In the episode Miracle on Ice, when Kowalski gets slammed by that lead rat, and he says, "I'm as juxtaposed as the next hamburger," I was wondering if 'juxtaposed' was a real word, 'cause I hadn't heard it before. So I whipped out my trusty dictionary, and, lo and behold, there it was, something like the side by side positioning of something or other. I was like, "Wow, you really do learn something new every day.'
And here's where that new word coming in handy comes in. The very next day, in English class, I learned we were taking a practice test for the SATs, or something like that. And in one of the pretty hard questions was one about 'What emphasizes this person's importance in history', and the other three answers didn't make sense to me. So Answer #2 said something like "The juxtaposition of their accomplishments" and I remembered what that word meant. I was like, "That's gotta be right!" And it turned out, it was! Even when Kowalski's loopy, he's a genius!!

2: This one's rather indirect, but...When I first joined this spot, I wanted a picture of Kowalski, because I wasn't a crazed Skipper fan anymore, so my second icon picture was Kowalski and his clipboard, with the words "According to my calulations..I just divided by zero." I was like, "...So?" So I went and tried to divide by zero with my calculator, and couldn't. (Which I don't exactly get. If you can divide zero by anything, why can't you divide anything by zero? This is why I like multiplication better.)
Then one day, we had a math test, and I had to figure out what number you could use to divide by to get a certain number. Zero was one of the choices, and I knew automatically that wasn't the answer 'cause you can't divide by zero. (If you're wondering, I picked the right answer.)

3: I was having an argument with my older brother about the word "negfinity". Remember when Kowalski said it in Skorca? Well, my brother said there was no such thing, and I said "Look, negfinity most likely means negative infinity, and if you can go forward infinitively, you should be able to go backwards, too! So yeah, there is such thing."
My infuriating brother still didn't accept that. But, coincidentally, the next day in Algebra, we were going over positive and negative numbers, and I asked my teacher if there was such thing as a negative infinity. She said, "Yes, of course."
Ha, HA! Take that! Once again, Kowalski comes through for me!

....Yeah, I'm really not making these up, they all happened, and I got plenty more, I'll add them as I remember, and feel free to tell me yours, too! All in the name of proving that PoM is not mind-rotting entertainment, it has some educational (and argument-winning) benefits, too!

--PenguinCrazy14
last edited on Sep 05, 2010 at 08:35PM

Penguins of Madagascar 27 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...