Penguins of Madagascar How did you become a PoM fan?

JediPenguin16 posted on Aug 19, 2010 at 01:57AM
Let's hear your story! Fangirls, fanboys fans of all ages, gender and species! Break out the poppity corn, mangos, bannanas,bugs, sushi, and oysters sit in a big circle and get comfy. It like Group theraypy!
Expcet not.
Testimonials?
Yeah! Give your PoM testimony! Mine will be posted below.

Penguins of Madagascar 26 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago JediPenguin16 said…
big smile
My conversion to the PoM side of the fandom:

:D First time I watched PoM, it was with my little bro. I was unsure of how to react. I watched a few more. Then a few more. I started to laugh at the jokes. The episode that got me looking for it on the internet? I have absolutely no idea. But my little bro wanted to watch an eppie. So I looked it up on the wonderous Youtube. I thought it was moderately funny and had some good characters, plus, Rico was regurgation and blowing stuff up! Wicked!
Went to Fanfiction.net to see a few fanfics. I already knew about slash from my naruto days (narusasu, anyone? :P)But never expected to find it on a cartoon. ( Man, you should have seen my face when I discovered Pripper. I was like " What the crudmuffins is wrong with you people???" Almost as bad...or worse...as Phineas and ferb slash...*shudder*)
At this point, I had only gotten bad reviews for Madagascar 2 from school ,and figured that all sequeals were bad. So I looked up more PoM stuff and discovered Skilene. My first reaction?
" ew, gross! Their two different species, sickos."
Then I watched Madagscar 2, the first time I was in shock. Interspecies relationships? What? Then I rememberd back to my star wars fangirl days. I didn't mind a Twi'leck slave getting rescued by the handsome jedi and falling in love. So why not a penguin and and an otter? At that point I though" They aren't sickos, but I ain't never gonna be no Skilene fan!'
At this point I discovered fanpop and saw the role-players.
Me: " OMW! These people are so wierd!' and I quickly left.
Watched a few more episodes, read a few more fanfics.
What really got me into PoM?
Thank SJF_Penguin2 (or GrandOldPenguin) stories, The Drabbles.
I fell in love with PoM after that.I re-dscovred fanpop and joined up, made lots of new freinds as crazy as I am, And the rest is history. Whose to say how long this will last, but all I know is that when a lot of people love one thing, no matter how differetn they are, somehow, it helps us all learn to get along a little buit more.
Plus *insert character here* is pretty *insert compliment here*!!! :D
ps: Viva la Skilene and Jobs for Hippies!
Okay, y'alls turn! *munches on popcorn*
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
big smile
Fine! I'll post it again! :))

I have to admit, I wasn't THAT excited until...that first week of episodes. I got super obsessed! Then I went on the internet to search for ANYTHING I can find about PoM!

Then I came across fanfiction.net.
And that's where I discovered Skilene.

I couldn't help myself, so I started reading EVERYTHING! Until that disturbing moment...when I first saw...A homo pairing. O_O (Saddest part of the story)

Then, I went on google and found...This place! Fanpop! And then I read some of the fanfiction and I said YES, I SO WANNA JOIN! But I followed the rules, and so I waited until I was 13.
(I was 12 at the time)
But after I went on fanpop. I went on youtube and nick.com's forums.
And in the middle of that, at the second week of episodes, I still have not yet realize of how Obsessed I've become. I had dinner at 7:15. I realized that PoM was going to be on at 7:30, so I finished my food in 12 minutes. XD

Now, when I came here, knocktimerico make a 'Pairings forum' so that's when I've become CRAZY with the Pairings war. (Yes, I took it way too seriously XD)

Even though, I was mainly brought here because I wanted to post fanfiction!

I'm gonna end my story there. XD
over a year ago evviefoxx said…
To be completely honest, I was never a fan of the Madagascar movies. When I saw the first one for the first time, I thought the script needed work and it could have been better. Not a movie I actually watched twice by choice. But then again, so many other great films came out at that time and I kinda belittled it when compared to others I suppose. I watched it again several times because I was bored at Wal-Mart or my younger brother was hogging my television and the only segments I actually liked in it were the parts with the penguins and lemurs. So, I only enjoyed like maybe fifteen minutes tops. The second was a bit better because they seemed to play up the penguins and lemurs a bit more, so I enjoyed at least twenty-five minutes. And I watched that one twice by choice, but several times when I was forced or bored.

I didn't start off watching the show at its release, but rather in the middle of the first season. I don't watch much television, and even less Nickelodeon. My younger brother was the one that got me watching it and one day channel surfing, I happened to catch a few episodes. I loved it right off the bat. Not only did it give me and my brother a closer relationship in a common interest, but it brought back that love of good cartoons that had been lacking in my life. So many are crap nowadays and its great to finally enjoy a 'new age' cartoon.

Then I started writing fan fictions about them. I've been writing fan fictions for years, only for my own amusement and close friends and had never posted them before. But with this show, I did. It gave me something else to enjoy about my life. I learned about this site from another author and when I joined, I was instantly awed at how many other people loved the show just as much as I do. So in a way, the show gave me a chance to make new friends though here. It transcends all ages, genders, and races and unites us in something we're all crazy about. It's just amazing how when I'm here, you have that one connection with a stranger that says “Hey, we all love the same thing. Let's be friends for a second.”

And that is just awesome.

I also have a confession here... this show has seriously been such a great thing in my life with my relationship with my brother, that I got a tattoo for my birthday several months back of one of the penguins. I didn't want to say it then because I thought I'd be made fun of or labeled a total nut job, but I'm over it. Most everyone I know has seen it and strangers stop and look, but they've never laughed to make fun. Strangers stop me and usually say “Is that a penguin with a dynimite stick?!” or “I love that show!” and for that moment, I've made a new friend.
last edited over a year ago
^Nice!

Where'd you get the tattoo?
over a year ago evviefoxx said…
It's on the outside of my left calf and I'm in Florida. So it's always showing. My mother thought it was nuts, but it's grown on her and all my brother's friends think it rocks. But they're fans of the show too. ~ shrug~ I think anyone who's into tattoos should at least have one silly tattoo to look at so that years from now they'll think,"Whoa, that was nuts." And I'm sure that even if the show ever got canceled, I'll at least have something to still laugh about.
over a year ago Metallica1147 said…
Well a few weeks before the show came on, I was not really into any TV show at all. If I remember right, I was trying to find something to watch on TV... but I could not find anything good, so I threw my remote at my TV... but I missed it and hit the wall a look up my dad LOLZ! So he got mad came in and put a random channel, and it was Nickelodeon. But Spongebob was on, but dad made me watch it anyway so I would not wake him up -_- Anyways when the chimericals came (Finally) They showed the one of PoM. I remember they where the same penguins of the movie "Madagascar" and I really did like that movie. So I waited a few weeks, then they showed the first episode, I watched it, but something weird happen after it was over. I was sad, and I'm like "Why am I sad!?" I did not get an answer, so the next time it came on I was so very happy. But I was confuse why I was happy, I never been this happy to see a TV show before, I watch the episode "Haunted Habitat" (witch has to be the first Skilene episode :D) After it was over, I said to myself "Awwww something tells me they like each other... wait, I DID I JUST SAY!?" (See here's the thing, Skilene is the first couple for a TV show I actually like, in any other paring form another TV show... I really didn't care about XD) Something very strange was happing to me during that time. I actually found a show that I'm addicated. And I have liked other TV's shows in the past, but PoM was diffreant. Next thing I knew I stared watching the show EVERYDAY, even on Youtube. When March of 2010 came, I didn't think there was anyway for me to be more hocked on this show... but that's when I found two websites called Fanpop.com and FanFiction.net. I make my own PoM stories, I talk about that show everyday with my best friends on here (and believe it or not you guys are better friends to me, then my real friends I know in person XD) And that's how I became the guy I am today, and now I'm a dedicated fan on here. I'm more addicated to this show then any other show ever! :D
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
I've mentioned parts of what got me into "The Penguins of Madagascar" before, but why not do it again?

For me, I had never seen either of the "Madagascar" films before I began to watch the series, so I truly had no prior exposure to any of the franchise's characters. Somehow, I watched part of the "Gone in a Flash" episode when it premiered as a "sneak peak" in November 2008, but didn't see all of it -- just enough to understand that one character thought another was trapped inside of a camera. In fact, I had seen so little of it that I thought Maurice was a koala!

The day I consider to have truly watched the show for the first time was April 1, 2009. Late in the evening, I decided to watch the "Paternal Egg-Stinct" and "Happy King Julien Day!" episodes out of curiosity to see what the new Nickelodeon series was like. I liked what I saw, and I continued to watch over the next many days as new episodes (or episodes new to me) began airing, developing a stronger connection to the show as I continued to watch. By the middle of the month, as I began watching episodes for the second or third time, I began to realize that the show was becoming a part of me.

I got ahold of the first "Madagascar" film on May 1, 2009 and watched it. Though I liked it, I was disappointed that the penguins didn't have as large of a role as I had hoped. It was also funny to hear Kowalski and Rico with different voices, though I had already watched the "Christmas Caper" by that point online. I still personally prefer their TV voices. By this time, I was already hoping to buy some "Penguins of Madagascar" merchandise, but none yet existed.

Over time, my Internet browsing related to the show led me to FanFiction.net, where I occasionally read a few stories on the show. In July 2009, I would sign up for my own account and soon publish my own story, my theory of why Skipper couldn't step foot in Denmark. I then proceeded to publish a new story or an installment each month until this past May. Until I got involved in fan fiction, nearly all I had ever written was non-fiction.

Lastly of note is my embrace of Skilene. When I first learned of it online, I just figured it was a small concept and just people having fun. I was officially neutral, but I began to moderately support it as I continued to learn more about it. Those days didn't last long before I completely decided to support it, and I still do today. However, I have never written a direct Skilene story because I find it more in line with canon to have theirs just be a strong friendship with hints at something more, plus I don't want to jump the gun in case it ever becomes canon.
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
Wow, I see everyone else here with these long descriptions of how they came to love PoM, and I've got nothing. I honestly can't say how I came to love the penguins so much. I just know that when the show first came on, my sister was the bigger fan, and I thought Kowalski's name was Rafalski (at the time I was also beginning to really get into watching the Red Wings), and I guess I just gradually began to like them more and more until I hit the point of obesessed.
over a year ago SJ_waddles said…
My story:
back in 2007....
"New shows and episodes coming to Nickelodeon!" I was watching the kids choice awards with my sister and brother. I was eating grapes and coloring into a picture. (I sound like a little kid xD)
Well they showed new episodes for fairly oddparents, spongebob, and then new shows like, mighty bee, icarly, and they showed penguins of madagascar. my brother and sister were like partying with joy because they loved the penguins (I didn't really care for Madagascar.)
Then we waited for them to show it. they never did (-_-)
Until late 2008.I didn't watch it but my bro did.
I was thinknig "Oh, it probably didn't do well since they aren't showing." Until they did the next year.
I knew my brother watched it alot.
I went to a garage sale. and they had a game called: Operation Penguin.
With Private on the cover of it.
I told my mom "Can I get this?" and she was like sure!
So I was thinknig "Oh my brother will like this :D"
Until I discovered. my mom bought it for me!
So I started playing it. It was a fun game. And I just went back to earth and was like "OMIGOSH THEY MAKE A TV SHOW!!!!<3" So I began watching it. I went on the computer. and was so excited because they were going to show the new episode Zoo Coupe! I watched the preveiws for it on the computer and laughed.
I loved it.
I told my cousin about it who was thinknig the name Private for a penguin was disturbing. (Male parts...)
And I told her to watch it on Friday.
Well she did. and she hated it. I was crushed.
Then a few weeks later during a rain storm, they were showing a marathon of penguins. and I had to wait for a party I was going to. and my dad told me to fold clothes while watching it.
(This was in May)
Then I decided to go onto Youtube and look up penguin videos.
The first person ever to make videos was this girl who made a video to the song from beauty and the beast "something there." I was like "I never thought of Skipper and Marlene liking eachother!"
And then my cousin fell in love with it. and we started doing roleplay. then she stopped liking penguins. but I continued loving it.
(the next month which is June) I had discovered a website called www.Sanriotown.com. (Hello Kitty :P) And I fell in love with the characters. I started looking pictures up of hello kitty. and found Fanpop.
I was like "OMG HELLO KITTY"
Well then the next year. in february. I was like "Hmm. I wonde rif there is Penguins of Madagascar... And I didn't know how to search on here so I decided to use google images. and i found images SJF_Penguin posted. (Ok. must confess. I thought SJF_Penguin was a girl the first time *face palm*) I made an account.
Well I didn't start looking on here again until either march or april. and I've been so much in love with POM even more ever since. (For a while I held my head low. I was way to shy...)
over a year ago theWOLFPACK15 said…
smile
wow very long descriptions. all i remember is the episode that got me hooked and that episode was needle point. at that time i was so obsessed with sonic the hedgehog. that i didnt even bother watching the episodes. until my sister showed me the the episode and i loved it.

as for the fan fiction they also increased my obsestion like a lot of you i read the stories in fanfiction.net.

and for the pairing i absolutly loth them. till this day i will never support them. you could tie me down to a chair and surround me with a bunch of rabid Chihuahuas. and i wont even pretend to like them.

the only thing that makes me sad is that im the only one in my family who watches it.
i think my sister regrets showing my the episode because she hates when i talk about the show and says that i need to grow up. hah but she will never win that war!
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
cool
ok i think my post is going to be so short compared to many XD

ok so i liked the first movie, but i wasnt a die hard fan like i was. i saw the comercials for Madagascar 2 and i saw so many of them that i got annoyed -.- then one day my mom said we were going to see a movie, just my luck, Madagascar 2. so we went. so i didnt think much of it when i was watching it, but when i got home i was hit, HARD. (ok maybe this is going to be a long story XD)

at dinner that night, i couldnt stop laughing at the penguins. i was so annoying i think my family was happy when i went to the basment to go on the computer. when i did, i looked up Madagascar 2 things on the computer. i was going so crazy that i was like too hyper to explain XD. the next day i ran to the computer and looked up all i could for the penguins. then i relized i was a fan of Skipper and Lola. literally ran like a pysho in the basment yelling like crazy. i even creeped my at that time 7 year old sister.
soon after these few creepy days, my mom said that our party could be a madagascar party. when i saw the stuff without penguins, i flipped out. so i found all the pics i could and made a poster about them (i might put the pic of the poster up considering i still have it in my room)
anyways, one day when i was stuck in the house i saw it, a penguin epi. i stopped and yelled. i cought the very end of the epi so i could not see the whole thing. after i saw the commercail and you dont want to know what i did. then another day i saw the commercail for the Madagascar dvd and did the same thing. now i was super excited and waited for March (probly the most important month in my entier life not just because of pom cuz of me b day ^^)
that night i was overwhelmed with excitment. but when i saw that they lost i was filled with sorrow. but then saw the dance and freaked, and then was sad cuz they lost.

then i saw the epi..............and like i said before in a different comment......i died......

my story...sorry that you had to read it :P
Ya know, I've always liked Madagascar. I just didn't realize it. I watched it a lot of times before with my little cousin, who liked watching it because he likes the penguins!

Skipper: Rico! Manual!
Rico: *passes manual*
Skipper: Mm-hmm...*smashes red light* there you go!
over a year ago JediPenguin16 said…
^^ This is so great! I have read all of these.
@eeviefox, you rock the awesomeness for pointing out how PoM helps make friends, even if just for a moment. That really made my day, b/c thanks to pom I met another fan at work,she has to have surgery during school soon. We have become great friends (even thought we don't get to see each other much at school) and now I can make her feel better b/c we are planing on having a pom party/sleepover together sometime.
BTW- LOL I can just see my parent's reaction if I got a penguin tatoo....mostly death and grounding. A lot of it. But I think yours sounds awesome, and that is a totally unbiased opinion! ;)
@SpkR- It's wierd how far we have all come in this, isn't it? you went form being annoyed by Madagascar 2 commercials to being obbesssed with PoM! I went form spin-off show hater to loving my spin off show!
@theWOLFpack- " you could tie me to a chiar and surround me with rabid Chihuahuas and I still wouldn't like it" XD XD I may not agree with your opinion, but I admire the way you showed your firmness in it!
@ SJF- Thank you for fulfilling my curiosity! I've been wondering for a while, actually. ^^ I like how you write skilene as a friendship with romantic moments. It's really sweet and closer to canon.
@ Penguinangel- I coulda' said somethign like that too, but I felt like being more...whats the word? Typer happy? XD But many fans could paraphrase their "testimony' into yours.
@SJ-waddles- I know hoe it feels for someone to not like PoM. my dad watched it with me and his face was a stone the entire time...:( Oh well, at least my little bro likes it. It gives me and him something in common, and I have spent more time with him since, so that's a plus. ^^ He's a cool kid.
@Metallica- Unlike you, I have been obsessive with at least a few TV shows...mainly Kappa Mikey. Which was replaced by Speed racer, the next generation(which was soon cancled as well,prolly from low views b/c of the cliche' plot) O.o LOL- I like how you would catch yourself being obsessive over time. XD reminds me of a horrible daydream I had once...that on the full moon, over-obsessive fangrils come out at night and bite other fans, turing them into one of them, and that on the full moon, I turhn into an obseessive, "He IZ maiz 4evers!!1111!!!!' fangirl of one ofthe penguins. Okay, maybe that had nothing to do with your "testimony" and I felt like making you look twice in a full moon. :D

Thank you everyone for sharing your "testimonies"! I hope to see more soon!
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
big smile
Jedi: im sorry you had to read my life story of Pom XD i know where i can put this....
over a year ago musicluv15 said…
smirk
Oh, crap, these are long. HAHA!

Anyway, I was not very fascinating to watch POM, since I was still in love with Avatar the Last Airbender, wishing there was a 4th season. However, I did think it was interesting (because I was a big fan of the MAdagascar movies and the penguins were hilarious in it), but I was also thinking, "A spin-off? God, those stink!" But I gave it a go anyhow.

The day it showed with "Gone in a FLash" I really liked it, and my dad did, too. It was pretty funny and I was laughing through the whole thing. I was like, "It's a pretty good show. I'll probably be watching it again."

I continued watching POM, and with each episode, I was more and more in love with it, only I didn't realize it yet. Maybe around the middle of summer was when I officially became a big fan of POM.

P.S. My love of Skilene came in WAY later! In fact, last month.
over a year ago penguinsfan2 said…
big smile
K well at first i thought pom would'nd be all that great cuase most movies that turn into shows are gag worthy but as the open-minded psycho I am (also i could'nt find the remote to see what the heck i was watching ^^) and of course the T.v was in full blast so my usual way of not listening (closeing my ears and saying LALALALALALALA did'nt work -.-) so i started watching and watching until my eyes burned and when it was over i just stared. after 5 minutes my mom said " Oh no we lost her. ok Raul you grab the shovels i grab the girl." then i snapped back and screamed :D a happy one ^^ and s began my 2 years and still going love for POM ^^ well after i jumped everywhere escaped my dad with a shovel, danced all around singing" OH YEAH UH HUH THEY RULE OH YEAH!" in the street 'till my neighbors threatened to call the poilice and jumped on my bed then fell and sprained my ankle. yet it was sooooo worth it GO POM ^^
over a year ago Sandrei said…
big smile
There was a day when we're having lots of free time before our last lesson, so my classmates decided to lock themselves up in one of the class and watch some video clips. I was completely unfamiliar with POM series at the time. The first episode of POM I've watched was the Popcorn Panic and t'was so cool I wanted to check for some more right after I'd got home. And that's how my POM obsession started. :D POM ROCKS FOREVA!
over a year ago PenguinCrazy14 said…
laugh
..My first time with PoM...? All right, let's see:
I was flipping channels like the bored individual I was a few years ago (and pretty much still am) and found that ny last resort was an episode of SpongeBob. While I was watching it, I saw the PoM commercial. My response? Just sighed, rolled my eyes and thought, "Here we go, another spin-off..." I really didn't like spin-offs of any kind, even though my favorite parts of Madagascar were with the Penguins and Julien.(@musicluv15: I was obsessed with Avatar, too!) But still, I was NOT planning on watching this show anytime in the future, unless it was a last-resort show when nothing else was on. And with that, I dismissed it as an attempt to make money and nothing more, and didn't watch it for a long time.

Fast forward a couple of months. I was sitting on the couch with my sister, watching TV and it was getting late and I was running out of things to watch again. So, I ended up turning to either Nick or Nicktoons Network, and I saw that PoM was on. I REALLY didn't want to watch it, but I thought, "Might as well, just give it a shot, then give it up as a bad job.)

Well, as I was watching this episode, Launchtime, I realized I was really enjoying this show! I was surprised, Skipper had me when he crushed that golf ball, I had to finish watching. By the end of Haunted Habitat, I was totally blown away; I didn't know I would enjoy PoM this much! But the episode that hooked me now and forever was Happy King Julien Day. I think that was the 3rd episode I watched, and I loved it, my and my sister were dying when Kowalski went crazy about the candy. I was thinking, "How could I have almost given up on this show before I watched it?! I haven't seen stuff this awesome in a while!"

Fast forward a few years, and here I am now, a mega-dedicated PoM lover after tons of episodes, a fan-allegiance change (Skipper to Kowalski),the discovery of PoM fanfiction, and a lot of new friends. I look back and have trouble figuring out what was wrong with me the day I saw that commercial...But, I'm a true-blue Penguins fan now, and that's what I'll always be, even 10 years from now.
over a year ago penguinlover13 said…
smile
I've always been a fan of POM, since the day it aired. I loved the Madagascar movie and the penguins, so I was thrilled when I found out it was becoming a TV series. But I got bored after a while because Nick just kept showing reruns. So I stopped watching it and caught up every few months on YouTube. This summer I was on YouTube watching POM and there were so many episodes I had missed. I had a feeling there were more episodes that weren't on YouTube (which there were) so I started googling other episodes. And I don't know how, but I was scrolling through Google and I came across one of the fan-picks from here. It was about Skilene, and I had no idea what that meant at the time. Now let me just say I always loved that pairing (sorry haters) but I never knew it had a name.

So I clicked on the link and tried to choose my answer, but it said I had to be a member of Fanpop to pick. I have so many accounts for tons of websites and I didn't feel like making another. So I just went through all the picks and looked at the comments and results. I did that for a few days, don't ask me why, but I did. XD Anyway, I got bored with that and decided to explore the site some more. So I went to the articles and saw the three top rated. (That's when I first saw the Kico pairing, and don't ask what my reaction was...don't XD)

I just watched this place for, like, a month or so (I'm NOT a stalker lol) and really liked how this place worked. I really wanted to join after that, but my mom had "rules" that I had to follow. So I decided to bend the rules and join anyway. I didn't announce my arrival, I just kept reading the articles and slowly worked my way into this place. Eventually I became addicted, and was here every ten minutes. Now I don't know what I'd do without POM. :)

Now for the confessions. SJF, I'm sorry but I seriously thought you were a girl at first (I assumed that with everybody for some reason XD) and Icicle I immediately thought you were awesome. XD And XxSkipperFanxX (Tiecie?) reminded me of my best friend who moved away.
over a year ago Tressa-pom said…
heart
When I bought Madagscar's DVD ,I saw "The Penguins of Madagascar"'s picture. I thought I want watch it. Now I'm fan of pom and I love it.
over a year ago quasomeness said…
I've watched the Madagascar movie and didn't notice anything especially good or especially bad. But one day, I was with my friend's sister. This was before even the sneak peak of PoM was released. She showed me the Christmas Caper episode, mentioning how the animation isn't as good compared to the series. I memorized the names of the characters; I had some interest in the show during the time. But I sort of thought that it's going to be "one of those shows that will get cancelled" and that it's going to be a great show.

It took me time after that to actually become a PoM fan. I didn't become a big fan until late 2009/early 2010, when it became my favorite show. Unfortunetely, it was in time for the decrease of airings of PoM. That didn't supress me. I felt a bit embarassed to go online searching PoM when that was my favorite show; I kept my interest at the TV. Then, I started becomming interested in PoM. In April of 2011, I decided to join. Even that time when I significantly dropped down in ability to daydream about PoM back in February of 2011 (before my history in Fanpop), that didn't stop me from joining this spot.
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
I had seen both Madagascar movies and enjoyed both of them, though I struggle to decide which was best; I liked Madagascar better for several reasons I don't want to get into for they are pointless here, but what I mainly loved about the second one was all the penguins and the lemurs' parts. Throughout their parts, I was hysterical, they were so funny. So those really caught my attention with their comedy.

So when I heard of the new Penguins of Madagascar show on Nick, I am pretty sure I was psyched. I was not hesitant to like it despite how Nick shows had really gone down the toilet at the time. I was optimistic enough to try it out. And so was my grandfather when we saw the sneak peeks, which only made me more excited to see it.

Unfortunately, my grandfather never got to see any of the show other than the sneak peek and the mini-parts. My sister and I, however, watched the first episodes and I am pretty sure I was hooked along with my sister. Somewhere in that time, I got my dad to watch several episodes, and he liked them, too. He certainly isn't as huge a fan as I am, but it is something for my dad to like a Nick cartoon, since he hates pretty much all of them.

So though from the moment, I was a fan, it was around late 2009 when I am pretty sure I was sucked into it. Some of my other shows I loved back then had either stopped showing, so I found myself watching the penguins much more. With the more I was watching them, I really began to appreciate the show for its humor and the characters, to put a few examples.

And with the Penguins, I found Fanpop! I was googling the penguins for no reason, hoping for something-I don't know what. But I saw the Penguins fan club and immediately fell in love. Eight and ninth grade were rough for me because people really were bullying me especially then for some reason, but with the Penguins and all the people who I knew liked the show, my spirits had risen plenty and I didn't feel so depressed. I joined Fanpop with this account in September 2010, but I constantly kept an eye on the Penguins club for things. Eventually, I decided to make an account and discovered many other fan clubs, but this one was a lot to me.
over a year ago KowalSkip9 said…
smile
Well, here's my story.

I was watching the nick day of premieres (I honestly can't remember what it was called anymore), and I watched the Penguins of Madagascar episode they aired. I hated it. We moved not long after. Quite a while after that, my sisters went with my grandparents to their house in Missouri. When they came back, they told me all about this "awesome" episode about an evil dolphin named Dr. Blowhole, and started telling me all these quotes. I wanted to see it for myself. We soon moved back to MO, and I started watching PoM. I started to like it. I finally got to see the episode they were yelling me all about, Dr. Blowhole's Revenge. I loved it after that. I soon found fanpop after searching for Dr. Blowhole pictures (heheh, I was a Dr. B fangirl back then). I didn't join until months later. I found FanFiction.net not long after. After reading all the stories, and browsing all the fanart everyone drew, I was officially a big fan of the show.
over a year ago ImAnEasel said…
Well... I don't have Nickelodeon. Therefore, it was a long time after The Penguins of Madagascar aired when my family and I found them. My dad was looking for things to download. It was the summer holidays, so there was no school to distract me. He found a show dedicated to the penguins, from the film Madagascar. We had watched the first one, but not the second one. We all agreed that the penguins and the lemurs were the best characters from that film. So we downloaded them and ordered a DVD (Operation: Penguin Takeover) at the same time. We watched the DVD first. For the rest of the evening, I talked non stop (which is very unusual for e, since I am normally very quiet) about The Penguins of Madagascar. Next morning, I woke up TOTALLY OBSESSED!!! We watched all the episodes we'd downloaded... and I became even MORE OBSESSED!!! I fitted quotes into my daily life wherever I could and I still do, to this day. I started searching on Youtube. I'd never really searched on Youtube for anything, before, except The Moomins. I soon discovered my favourite episode (Rock a Bye Birdie). I began searching on Google Videos, giving me a wider variety of episodes. Once I couldn't find any more, I looked on the Wikipedia episode list. I'd watched all of them. Months later (October), I found Fanpop. FINALLY!!! A place where I could get some of my fangirl craziness out of me!!! Neither of my two friends liked The Penguins of Madagascar, when I showed it to them... :( So Fanpop was exactly what I needed!
over a year ago thecrazygeinus said…
smile
I also didn't watch the show as soon as it came on. I had not even seen Madagascar at the time. I was channel surfing once and there was nothing on. Then, I decided to see with this new show was about. I found out how hilarious it is and I was hooked. That was 2 years ago. Then I meet Kowalski...
over a year ago carsfan said…
big smile
Well, It all started one day when I wanted to watch something on TV. I decided to watch Y TV (I never watch that, strange huh? XD) Anyways,I watched "What goes around" and another episode that I forgot the name. I was like "Meh..." Not more intterested in it more that that. I really liked the movie "Madagascar" and I heard a while ago that they were gonna make there own TV show. When my dad saw the publicity, he though that it was stupid. -_- When "Madagascar 2" came into theaters, I was REALLY EXCITED cuz I loved the first one.

when I bought the "Madagascar 2" DVD, I REALLY wanted to have the second DVD that came with it. I watched "Popcorn Panic" and " Gone in a Flash". I still wasnt really into it.

One day when I was searching for pictures of my favorite movie (Cars), I stumbled upon Fanpop.com. I hesitated before joining. I eventually did. Ive been addicted ever since. XD

I cant remember when or why, but I joined this spot. I watched a few episodes online and I began to like it more and more. I eventually got addicted to it. :D

Now, Instead of daydreaming of Cars, I daydream about penguins! (well, more often than Cars) :)