Penguins of Madagascar How to solve a few problems on this site

JediPenguin16 posted on Jul 05, 2010 at 11:01AM
I hate to post yet anohter thign about this, but I believe this to be the best solution.
Allrightr, here's one issue.
Posting stuff that you have to stretch to realte to PoM at all.
Check this out:link
YOucan post anythignabout yourself there. So move your pics there! I am moving my fan info and such over there.
okay, issue two, those who hate it when people role-play as certian chaacters or the sometimes the sillness that goes on here. Join this club:link
Okay, issue three, those who think this site needs a total revamping but also think there is no hope.
Click this magic buton and come to a new land of fanship that exclueds drama and such.
link
Okay, everyoen got it? Instead of AGRUEING and fighting like little kids to the annoyance of others, jsut join anoter club and post your stuff there.

Penguins of Madagascar 19 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago JediPenguin16 said…
worried
Oh, and remeber the pledge?
It went soemthign like this..."_____ Do solemly swear to treat my fellow fans with respect,to not flame no matter how badly I want to, to not respond meanly to those who are being jerks, to kindly refute those who are runing the fun for everyone else, and to keep my fangilriness/fanboy-ness rampages ( the ones that go waaaay overboard)on the fanspot for that particular character or to myself."
See the "not responding meanly to those who are jerks" part? Taht means when soemone attakcs you personally, REPORT THEM and then IGNORE them.If they say somethign you disagree with,if you won't respond intelligently as if you were in a debate, then ignore them and let them have the last word, and go do soemthgin else more constructive. Does anyone agree wiht me?
over a year ago Pluma said…
i haven't taking it yet.....
Still, see the clubs up there? If people would just join those it would help out the issues on the site.
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
Awesome-ness! :D
Thanks, Icicle. I saw a lot of poeple talkign about the other clubs and firgured I should post a forum or soemthign wth all the links to help people find them. It's like a group effort.
over a year ago Annacrombie said…
I HAVE AN IDEA TO KEEP THEM AWAY!

WWE PUT EM ON A TRAIN AND DA TRAIN CRASHES INTO A VOLCANO AND DEN AND THEN IT GO KABOOM AND IT GOO FLYING INTO OUTTER SPACE AND AN OLD LADY IS LYING ON THE GROUND HALF DEAD BEING RAN OVER BY A BUS CALLED BUSSY MC BUSSYTON AND THEN WE ALL GO TO A HAPPI PLACE FULL OF SUGAR! MWHAHAHAHA
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
or we could jsut abandon and leave 7_7 that could work quite well. i havent been on much and im fine :) plus, u dont know what happend and well.....idk what im talking about now -.- grrr
big smile
*smiles and pats head*
You do that, then.
*backs away slowly*
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
-_- what? its just idk eh...boring
over a year ago Pluma said…
make it illegal to argue?
IF I BECOME PREZ OF THE USA I WILL MAKE FIGHTING ILEGAL! (vote 4 me 4 prez)
over a year ago evviefoxx said…
Winston Churchill once said, "When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.”
I fear that this is just not the case with this spot. The optimisim here for change is like someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'. Frankly, I'm starting to get just just as tired of these ups and downs in this spot, that I've lost the hope that anything will change and I don't bother to check on here often like I used to.
last edited over a year ago
lol churchill, he saved mah county in the second world warR! random fact there

AND YES I HAVE HAD SUGAR! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i like trains TRAINS AND PLANES AND MOTOTRBIKE BRRRRROMMMMMM WHOOOOOOOO AMBULANNCE NEE-NORR WHEE WHEEE
hmmm
@SPKR- I was talking to annacromgbie. She has a crazy plan.Youc an do whatever you want, it's your life. You wil be missed, though.
*sigh*
I posted this becasue I wanted people to check the stupid links.
@pluma-Um...we can't acutaully make fighting, "illegal" becasue, there aren't "police" to do make sur eof that...I just suggest STRONGLY thatpeople on here be the bigger person ands not let people bother them....*sigh*
@evviefox- "Wow, your like a constan downer, huh?" -one annoying unicorn to Charilie the Unicorn. Sorta kidding ;)
I guess I am just an optimist...but hey, so was Ronald Regan, and he was my hero.^^
This is the LAST time I am ever talking about "changing things" I am goign to start leading by example, I just thought that posting some links would help out...
I am going to try to lead by example, and maybe occasionally ask people to stop being childish in really really big fights.
over a year ago evviefoxx said…
I'd call it being realistic rather than pessimistic. This sort of thing has been going steadily downhill for months and it's only been gaining momentum. I wasn't hating on your effort to bring change, but rather how any change at all isn't likely at the rate it's going. I could be one of those people that stand up and and try to change things for the better, but having seen it fail ungracefully in the past few months, I'm not so bothered to repeat myself with things that will only be ignored. But who knows.... ~shrugs~ Hopefully things will get back to what it used to be. It sure beats this.
big smile
, well, it may not be possible, but at least keeping the idea alive helps things. ^^ I didn't think you were hating. You are one of the few sane people on this site, and wiht peopel iek youa round, the site has a chance. :D
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
@JediPenguin16: This isn't exactly related to "Penguins of Madagascar," but I like Ronald Reagan, too! I started reading his book a while ago and got about halfway through it, and you've just inspired me to finish it.

On the effort to promote change in this club: Personally, I am neither pessimistic nor optimistic that reasonable change can come. But any effort to try is certainly worth a shot. I'm not sure I have any viable suggestions that haven't already been tried, but I wish the effort the best of luck.
smile
Thank you SJF for the wihs of good luck. If you ever have any ideas at all, yous are totally free to share. You are probably one of the most intelligent people of the site. My best ideas are: to lead by example and stamp out any fights by eihter changingthe subject or reminding people that we are supposd to be having fun on here, ignoring fakers, and reporting spammers. If everyopne did that, I think we could have "peace on fanpop."
(okay, off topic--->I learned all about Ronald Regan in my summer shcool class. My teacher went on and on about him the very last day, beasue he was his favorite president. Mine too, I bet it was nice havign a fellow conservatives in charge. Hmm, I think I should go check his Bio out of the library today. I am glad I was able to inspre you to finish it! )
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
Yes! Thank you! I personally believe the problems on this spot to be too many role-players, combined with people making a big huge deal about them. If that all moves over to the role-playing spot, then maybe this one still has a chance! But, I also think the only way this spot will ever be "normal" is if we go back and delete any forms and links that are not PoM related. As long as they're still here, they won't be forgotten, and people will continue to talk about them, or other new people might say, "Oh hey! That looks like fun! Why not just mess up this spot even more, it's already ruined!" And I do NOT want that happening again.

Oh wait a minute. How do you delete a forum? Cuz I went on mine, and I didn't see an X or anything...