Penguins of Madagascar Results: How did the Penguins do at the Daytime Emmys?

SJF_Penguin2 posted on Jun 28, 2010 at 05:29AM
"The Penguins of Madagascar" was nominated for three awards for the 2010 Daytime Emmys. The show won in one category, Outstanding Special Class Animated Program, though it did not win it outright: "SpongeBob SquarePants" also won the same award. Thus, there were two winners in this category.

As for the other two categories "Penguins" was nominated for, here’s who won instead:

-- Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition: "The Wonder Pets!"
-- Outstanding Writing in Animation: "Back at the Barnyard" and "Phineas and Ferb"

Anyway, even though it was just one award, the penguins did win something. And that should be a cause for celebration!

Penguins of Madagascar 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Metallica1147 said…
surprise
How the heck did PoM lose both of thous awards? (the ones for Outstanding music and writing and Animation) I mean the music is great in the show but even more shocking is how they lost Outstanding Writing in Animation how could they lose that last one it has awesome Animation and the plots on the show are just great they never fail to make a bad episode. Man I can't believe it :(
over a year ago ggreen7295 said…
Ah the wonder pets. That's the only young child I watch. that and the back yardans.
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
ADDITION: Another source which I have just looked into states that the show was also nominated in yet another category, Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program. This means that "The Penguins of Madagascar" was nominated in four categories, not three. Unfortunately, however, "Fanboy and Chum Chum" was the winner in this additional category.
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
Well, its cool that they were at least nominated for so many things, even if they only won that one.
over a year ago JediPenguin16 said…
How could they have lost to Fanboy and chum chum! :P. Or Back at the barnyard? If you have never seen it, don't it's super-weird. Male cow=no udders. And bascially every episode take sit too a whole new level of odd, stupid, and creepy.
At least they had the sense to nominate the show...
over a year ago fun123fun said…
oh yes i herd of it
over a year ago Annacrombie said…
WE DESERVED TO WIN! HOW DIDNT POM WIN! at least we won something BUT NEXT TIME WE WILL DO BETTER! *sits and plays with yoyo*
over a year ago krazy4kowalski said…
smile
Again with the yo-yo! Frankly, since our show has only been on for like, a year and a half, 4 nominations and one win is pretty good. I still don't understand the fanboy and chum chum thing! My little couson made me watch it and it's the stupidest thing ever to burn my eyeballs!