Penguins of Madagascar "Gator Watch" and "In the Line of Doody" Discussion

SJF_Penguin2 posted on May 15, 2010 at 08:38AM
As I write this, there is still five and a half hours left to go until 10 a.m. Eastern when these new episodes air. But I just wanted to have a forum all set-up so we can discuss the episodes after they air. It's been so long since new episodes (more than two months), so you can't really blame me for being so looking forward to them.

I don't plan to sleep, by the way. I intend to stay up until the new premieres, then I'll sleep. It's not like I haven't done this before. I may even make a frozen pizza.

Anyway, now that "The Penguins of Madagascar" has made its triumphant return to Nickelodeon, feel free to discuss these new episodes here on this forum.

Penguins of Madagascar 30 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago krazy4kowalski said…
smile
It was pretty good! I mean, maybe Gator Watch wasn't worth me writing a 12 page fanfiction about what I thought would happen, but In the Line of Doody was fantastic!!
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
big smile
"the Line of Doody" would probably be more EPIC if Skipper took a bullet instead of...blueberries...*shivers*
over a year ago somebody2010 said…
pretty good
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
I thought that this topic would have attracted more activity, but oh well.

As for my thoughts on the new episodes:

"Gator Watch"
- I thought it was nice how Roger ended up at the zoo in the end. It's a good place for him, and perhaps we'll be seeing more of him now in the future.
- I enjoyed the scene when the penguins were commandeering a car reminiscent of their commandeering of a Jeep in "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa." The only way it could have been better in the show was to have played "More Than a Feeling" instead of whatever song that was on the radio in the car.
- The "gator alert level" (or whatever it was referred to as) was an interesting take on the five-tier Homeland Security Advisory System (although I think there were only four levels in the gator version).
- I thought it was funny when Skipper patted Private on the head instead of slapping him when Private remarked about Roger being taken to a "hotel."

"In the Line of Doody"
- I thought that the security checking shown at the beginning was quite over-the-top for a mere civil servant like the zoo commissioner; I'm not sure if the Secret Service would have metal-detected an otter even if the president was paying the zoo a visit. Then again, security is tight these days.
- It was also funny how Marlene commented at herself being more paranoid than the penguins were being.
- Kowalski's line "It appears to be a nut-shaped nut" when examining Fred's acorn was a good one.
- I felt so bad for Skipper when he took the "hit" intended for the commissioner -- I was relieved and thought it clever that he was wearing a "pigeon-proof suit."
- When Frankie ate the blueberries, I thought it was a little too soon before he began to execute his wrath. Digestion is a much longer process.
- Overall, I thought the episode was a good one, even though it focused around a particularly odd subject.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Metallica1147 said…
That was a very good epsisode as always POM never falis to make a great epsisode
over a year ago Annacrombie said…
does anyone know where i can watch the episodes online?
over a year ago krazy4kowalski said…
sad
I don't know Annacrombie! A lot of episodes are being deleted because of copyright! It makes me sad!!! : (
over a year ago ThatDarnHippo said…
hmmm
There are three TVs in my house, one is my parents, and the other two I use for different reasons. The TV I watch Nickelodeon on is off limits for another week, because my grandparents are over and are staying in the same room as it. And I can't watch POM on the big TV in the family room, because there is no privacy and I watch POM secretly. So I missed the POM episodes yesterday. =(
over a year ago 18wanda said…
I will have to see the episodes and get back to you on that.
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
big smile
I watched those episodes while eating lunch.
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
laugh
I liked the part where they hijacked that guys car.

Skipper: Don't worry, we'll return your car in factory condition.*car's hit by trash can* Near factory condition
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
@ThatDarnHippo: The episodes can be found on YouTube now. Though they will probably only be up for a week or so before a copyright claim is filed and they are removed.
over a year ago EmoCupCake said…
hmmm
They Are On Youtube Now? I Can't Find Them...
over a year ago Sandrei said…
link
here is the link to Gator Watch:) but I still can't find in the Line of Doody:(
big smile
Aw Thanks A Bunch! :D
crying
Aw IT Doesn't Work
over a year ago PenguinXXX said…
big smile
Yay! Thank you! I'm watching it right now :)
lol funni Kowalski can drive a car
I FOUND IN THE LINE OF DOODY ON YOUTUBE!

THERES THE LINK

link
over a year ago LadyPrivate said…
heart
Wow… Simply wow. These episodes are outstanding!
I love both of them, they're full of action and funny quotes.
Thanks for posting the links, Sandrei and Annacrombie :)
over a year ago lovelife324 said…
They were really great Episodes! I am still glad that POM NEVER failed to bring bad episodes! I LOVED when the penguins hitjacked that man's car! That was a good one! I loved that joke what Kowalski told about gators at the begining! As for the other one, I liked it. It was funny when Kowalski pulled the wrong branch in the tree!
over a year ago Sandrei said…
Youre welcome, LadyPrivate:D
And yes, I also find both of these new eps totally awesome. I kept smiling for the rest of the day after watching them. The scene where Skipper was fighting with the carpet was absolutely golden, I loled so loud when he eventually lost his nerves and started to jump all over it to ged rid of the folds XD.
And he looked really cute when standing on the taxman's shoulders and giving orders to Rico :). Can't wait for next episodes! Dah.. I guess that my greed will always remain unappeased:D
Cheers!
big smile
Yes! The beginning of Gator Watch proves my theory. :)
over a year ago lovelife324 said…
hmmm
@Penguinangel What Theory?
:) ;) happi happi happi day!

@penguinangel hmmmmmmmm whats is the theory? hmmmmmmmmmmm *thinks hard*
over a year ago ggreen7295 said…
The theory that THE CAKE IS A LIE... but delicious and moist!
XD
smile
Yes, the cake is a lie...

I posted it in "Your questions and cerebration on me" forum. And, the beginning doesn't prove it completely, but it does help it.
over a year ago VioletYoshi said…
I still am wondering when there will be more new episodes, or maybe that movie I heard about from my correspondent from Canada.

I thought it was funny how the pigeon from In the Line of Doody sounded so much like Boog from Fanboy & Chum Chum.

They're showing the new episode again, this gives me hope that Nickelodeon is on board about showing new episodes of Penguins.
over a year ago PenguinCrazy14 said…
laugh
Kowalski: Well, I could pull...this branch! *branch snaps off*
Skipper: Stick. Your option is a stick.
Kowalski: I pulled the wrong one, all right?
That was the highlight of my day, those episodes! I made sure to record them, because, at first, I wasn't totally in love with them, but as I watched them again, I fell in love with them. My favorite one was the one with Frankie. The comissioner was so funny, and I loved it when Skipper and the team were wearing shades, it made them all look so much cooler! And with Gator Watch, the beginning was hilarious, Kowalski was just standing there blinking(that probably would have been my reaction in that situation) and then when he kept getting interrupted, he started yelling(again, most likely my response as well). And what I also found funny was, when Kowalski realized the whole Gator Alley thing, I just got the joke, too. I was like, "Really? Oh...I get it now!" Yup, as usual, POM never fails to deliver, these episodes were awesome, I can't wait for the next new ones
over a year ago beastialmoon said…
smile
@Violetyoshi: Thats because they WERE the same actor voicing them.
If u knew that already, sorry.