Penguins of Madagascar Group Project: Become a Voice Actor!

SJF_Penguin2 posted on Jul 12, 2012 at 01:07PM
Several of you may recall the wall post I put up on June 29 about my thought that it might be fun to try to get a few fans to record a short Penguins of Madagascar scene of some sort together. Since there was a lot of interest, I've spent some time trying to come up with a plan that would allow for a trial. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to conduct a recording session over the Internet with the resources I have available.

I thought I might be able to do it by having participants record their lines on video and then upload their videos to YouTube under the Creative Commons license option, which would allow me to remix the videos using YouTube's online video editor. However, as I've discovered, the online editor is too limited to be able to play around much with audio tracks, let alone think about incorporating artwork or animation. So I've determined that the only way to get the results I'm looking for probably requires having actual video or audio files that I can edit myself.

If people still want to give this project a try, participants would have to email me a video or audio file of the material recorded (or otherwise make the material available for me to download). In either case, it's only the audio portion that would be needed, so no one has to show themselves on camera if a video is submitted.

I already have a scene in mind if there is still an interest in attempting this. The scene calls for the voices of Skipper, Marlene, and Rico. Please respond on this forum if you would be interested in playing one of these characters. For now, it's OK if more than one person is interested in playing the same character. Additionally, if you're not up to voicing a character, the scene also calls for a number of visuals that you might be interested in working on instead.

I hope to post more details in the coming days. Until then, please comment with any and all thoughts you may have.

Penguins of Madagascar 140 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 101-140 of 140

over a year ago KowalskiRocks said…
^I can also play the electric guitar and a Chinese instrument called GuZheng.
over a year ago mostar1219 said…
mind if i help, too. maybe i can write a script or something
over a year ago CuteCuddly said…
^ Already called it! XD Just kidding...
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
All things for the future.
Then let me know whether I can help when we get there, 'kay?
over a year ago GoTeamSkipper said…
Wow look what i've missed!

Well i've got to say this is awesome! Love how the person did Skipper, now i'm going to go practice trying to do other people for future haha! :)

Good luck w/ the animation, i can sometimes draw but not animate! Oh and plus, if you guys ever need a harp, guitar (yes, even spanish for Skipper) or piano for back round let me know!

Can't wait to see the finished product and hope we can do more of these in the future!
over a year ago EppofangirlXD said…
Awesome! Really looking forward to animation. and PenguinAngel says good luck. :3
@KowalskiRocks: Will do.

@EppofangirlXD: That's nice to hear.

Since this project seems to be at a good stage right now, I am going to use this time to take a short, planned break from Fanpop so that I can work on a few other projects both inside and outside the fandom. But don't worry, I will be returning in one week (August 9). Should a need arise while I am away from Fanpop, whether in regard to this project or anything else, you may contact me at one of my other accounts, preferably deviantART (link).

And while you're at deviantART, take a look at this artwork of "A Ninja's Worst Enemy" drawn by Andjane (link).
We are beginning to try to assemble a team for this project's artwork and animation. See the forum set up by NoShameHere for further details (link).
^I saw the forum. Not much replies yet. Guess there won't be much progress for a while, huh? Maybe we should work on some other stuff first.
Anything I can help with to get this back up and running?
Thank you for your continued interest in this project. At the moment, however, I'm not quite ready to start it up again, because of other fandom commitments. But I do still hope to see the project through.

In the future, what will be needed the most to complete the project is artwork. It was at the artwork phase that the project stalled last summer due to multiple factors, many of which were beyond my control. Only still images will be sought when the project starts up again, as holding out for the possibility of animation didn't pan out in 2012.
last edited over a year ago
Well, I'm not much of an illustration artist as I am of writing.
It's the same for me. I tried to draw the penguins once and only once, and Private alone came out at probably twice his weight. I have since deleted my attempts from Fanpop.
So, what can I do?
In the future, perhaps you could be involved with writing material if there is a sequel project. Think also about any characters that you might be able to voice.
How would there be a sequel project? Also, there's an app on my iPad that can allow me to record my voice
over a year ago Private1sCut3 said…
laugh
I remember this.... I can't believe I actually sent an audition in... So embarrassing. XD
Maybe I can send an audition or something?
@mostar1219: There could be a sequel if, after this project is finished, there is still an interest to do something similar again. The "sequel" doesn't have to actually follow the plot of what I wrote for this project. As for sending in an audition, definitely go for it in the future. No further auditions are needed for this current project, however, as all the voices for "A Ninja's Worst Enemy" were already cast last summer.

@Private1sCut3: No need to be embarrassed! I thank you for trying out.
Oh, yea, "ninja's worst enemy". Cool one
over a year ago juhpink said…
Guys, what do you think about proceeding with the idea? There are months since the series has ended, we should not let this task end as well ;). I don't know if anyone remembers, but some months ago I started drawing the scenarios and posted the pictures here in fanpop (to get your opinion). Now I've finished them! We can finally go to the next step :-D! If you wanted, I could already post the scenarios again. We really shouldn't stop doing it... What you've gotten is already awesome :D
over a year ago mouseandowl1 said…
I definitely want it to continue!
juhpink commented…
:) great!! I think I am going to post the scenarios :)! over a year ago
I am really sorry for taking such a long time to post the scenarios for you. But, here they are. I tried dividing the scenes so I could draw a particular scenario for each one them (some scenes have more than one scenario, so it is more dynamic). :-) I am sorry for the English. If you can't understand something, feel free to ask me about it ^u^!

- Scenarios of “A Ninja’s Worst Enemy“

Scenes division:
I. Marlene gets in the HQ {scenario number 1}
II. Marlene speaks her script {scenario number 1}
III. Skipper looks at her {scenario number 3, parts 1 and 2}
Observation: Looking angry but friendly at the same time.

Part 1 - Skipper turns to Marlene {scenario number 3, part 1}
Part 2 - Skipper speaks to Marlene {scenario number 3, part 2}

IV. Skipper turns back to Kowalski, Rico and Private. Skipper speaks to them. {scenario number 4}
V. Private kicks two bowling pins, Rico takes another four pins down and Kowalski kicks and gets the other four down too. {scenario number 5, parts 1, 2 and 3}

Part 1 - Private kicks two pins {scenario number 5, part 1}
Part 2 - Rico starts cooperating with the game {scenario number 5, part 2}
Part 3 - Kowalski takes the remainder pins down {scenario number 5, part 3}

VI. The camera/image goes back to Marlene and Skipper {scenario number 6}
Observation: She laughs and talks to Skipper

VII. Marlene speaks: “Ok! Set them up.” {scenario number 6 or 7 [optional choice]}
VIII. Skipper lifts the bowling pins {scenario number 8}
IX. Skipper turns back to Marlene {scenario number 3, part 1}
Observation: Dialogue scene. Skipper arranges the bowling pins in the order showed in scenario number 3 (part 1).

X. Marlene gets a bowling ball, fits it in her hand, aims the bowling pins and throws the ball {scenario number 10, parts 1 and 2}

Part 1 - Marlene grips a ball and aims the bowling pins {scenario number 10, part 1}
Part 2 – The ball is thrown {scenario number 10, part 2}

XI. Rico speaks {scenario number 5, part 1}
XII. Marlene cleans her hands and says her part gladly {scenario number 5, part 2}
Observation: Skipper blinks thrilled and pop-eyed

Attention: This script does not contain information about every character present in each scene or everything they are doing. The storyline has to be observed mindfully.

Scenario number 1 (scenes 1 and 2) -

I am really sorry for taking such a long time to post the scenarios for you. But, here they are. I t
Scenario number 3, part 1 (scenes 3 [part 1] and 9)
 Scenario number 3, part 1 (scenes 3 [part 1] and 9)
Scenario number 3, part 2
 Scenario number 3, part 2
Scenario number 4
 Scenario number 4
Scenario number 5, part 1 (scenes 5 [part 1] and 11)
 Scenario number 5, part 1 (scenes 5 [part 1] and 11)
Scenario number 5, part 2 (scenes 5 [part 2] and 12)
 Scenario number 5, part 2 (scenes 5 [part 2] and 12)
Scenario number 5, part 3 (scene 5 [part 3])

Note: the bowling pins (partly drawn) are to show what is the position of each one in the scene.

Observation: Scenario 5 (parts 1, 2 and 3) - The bowling pins are part of the computer animation. Because they move, they can't be in the static scenario.
Scenario number 5, part 3 (scene 5 [part 3]) 

Note: the bowling pins (partly drawn) are to show wh
Scenario number 6 (scene 6 and 7 [optional choice])
 Scenario number 6 (scene 6 and 7 [optional choice])
Scenario number 7 (scene 7) {optional}
Scenario number 7 (scene 7) {optional}
Scenario number 8 (scene 8)
 Scenario number 8 (scene 8)
Scenario number 10, part 1 (scene 10 [part 1])

Note: animation partly included.
 Scenario number 10, part 1 (scene 10 [part 1]) 

Note: animation partly included.
Scenario number 10, part 2 (scene 10 [part 2])

Note: First part of the computer animation included.
 Scenario number 10, part 2 (scene 10 [part 2]) 

Note: First part of the computer animation includ
Extra scenario {brick wall in HQ}
 Extra scenario {brick wall in HQ}
Kowalski1321 commented…
So if I'm right, are these the backgrounds (BTW Great job on them). So are you/this group going to put the character movements after. Also, I would love to help; I would say I'm a decent drawer and it looks like lots of fun. I'm ahead right now in school, so I got lots of time. You seemed to be one of the most involved, so I thought to ask you. over a year ago
juhpink commented…
I am so sorry for taking that long :/! I wasn't notified about your question... Yes, these would be our backgrounds, but we had problems finding someone who could do the characters moving and all... Would you like to do it? I know it is hard work, so you really need to want to! over a year ago
over a year ago Skilene17 said…
This sounds awesome!, did you guys ever finish this?
juhpink commented…
It is really amazing :)! But we did't finish it, because we haven't found a way to make the characters move yet :/... over a year ago
over a year ago Catherina_PoM said…
This sounds soooo cool! XD If only there were PoM animations ~ I adore fan-animations so much X3 I wish I could contribute... Maybe I can help with the animation, but not voice acting XD I don't have a voice that can fit anyone, except maybe Eggy :3
Due to the years-long hiatus, I have decided today, April 9, 2016, to officially cancel proceeding further with this project. However, I have now made the audio recording from 2012 publicly available on YouTube for all to enjoy (it was previously an unlisted video). You can listen to it here: link

Thank you to all who have been a part of this effort and to all those who have been interested in this project.
over a year ago Mixpenguin said…
This sounds awesome