Penguins of Madagascar PoM PEP RALLY via Mario Kart

quasomeness posted on Sep 23, 2011 at 12:08AM
I have an idea. We can do our first PoM pep rally by all of us playing on WiFi against each other on Mario Kart. You can participate if you own or can get ahold of an internet-connected Wii and a Mario Kart game.

If you are interested in being part of this, reply below with your Mario Kart friend code. I have to find mine, but once I find it, I'll share it. Also register my friend code and other's friend codes into your Mario Kart.

Common issue with friend codes: After exchanging friend codes, Person A must reconnect and disconnect for person B to see Person A if he connects later.

I haven't planned a date yet, but we can plan it together, keeping in mind the time zone differences. And once we do this, we can show our pep for PoM, naming our Miis Kowalski, for example!
last edited on Apr 29, 2012 at 05:02PM

Penguins of Madagascar 48 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Penguinangel said…
I'd love to do this! That is, as soon as I find the code to set up my wi-fi on my wii. ^^' Be warned though, I am boss at Mario Kart. ...At least in my mind anyway. XD While this forum is up, maybe we could schedule a Rock Band thing, too? THAT I really am good at. Love the guitar!
over a year ago SummerPoM said…
Oh my!
I wanna play with you!
Aaand, I'm not a boss. Because I was A LOT OF TIME without play it (I was/am playing Metroid: Other M).
Buut, I have to connect my Wii.
It was connected to Internet, but IDK why, isn't more "/
One of my friends had that problem, too. I'll have to ask her later how she fixed it in case it's the same thing.
over a year ago quasomeness said…
If you need any help connecting your Wii, I can help you along with nintendo.com or the phone number 1-800-255-3700. Yeah, I have all this info (don't know why I know the number).
over a year ago SPKR689 said…
OMG...I would sooo do this! :D I freakin LOVE Mario Kart!!! If I find the number, I promise to give it here! :D OMG OMG OMG!!
Now I am excited! 8D
Found it! ^^

My friend code is 3010-0855-4398.
over a year ago light12345 said…
that sounds cool except i don't have the game
So quasomeness, some of us (at least me and tst anyway) were gonna play at 6:00 tonight, EST. That cool with you for the first one? I mean, if not we can always play again later.
over a year ago thespikedturtle said…
smile
Hey y'all! I'm finally on the forum, and I'm 0216-3079-3784.
@penguinangel I'll see if I could make it on. For the official pep rally, it's going to have to be on a weekend.

Oh, and sorry if I missed the Mario Kart game. I can't get on now; my parents are phoning someone downstairs, and they don't like when I play video games on the weekend. Maybe 9 or 10 ET (maybe).

@thespikedturtle I'll be sure to get your friend code onto the game. Welcome to the pep rally!
last edited over a year ago
I've got SPKR689's friend code for Mario Kart. It's 5199-9080-5977
over a year ago beastialmoon said…
YAY! I agree, weekends! My number is 3010-0855-4398.
@Angel: Did you know you were the first person I ever friended on MK? :)
I do now, beastialmoon! XD You were my second, quasomeness first, tst third, and SPKR soon to be fourth. X)

quasomeness: Ok, well I probably can't do it that late (that's when my dad and sister like to take over the wii. They're like, Mario Kart crazy or something XD), and I can't do it Thursday, Friday, or Saturday because of Marching Band. Maybe we could have it on Sunday?
@bestialmoon Your friend code is the same as Penguinangel's. You must've typed the wrong one.
@penguinangel Gotchya. It'll have to be on Sunday.
When on Sunday? Frankly that's the only day that for sure may not work for me. I've got youth group 5:30-7 CST, and I usually don't get home until 3 in the afternoon anyway. I may be able to squeeze it in there though...
Thanks quasomeness for putting my code up there.

Sunday? I do nothing on sunday ^^ saturday is like hell for me. Weekdays just no xD someone tell me when it officially will be thankies! :)

Btw hope you all have been practicing ;D
I'm fine with just about anytime on Sunday, so tst, if you can squeeze in a time that'll work for you, we can probably go with that.

SPKR: I am now! I dun wanna lose again. XD
Angel: good! I plan on getting 1st or 2nd...3rd is ok :) haha
But I have a question. Should we wait until Sunday, October 16th (I'm not available Sun 10/9) so that we could get more people on or should we just do this pep rally this sunday October 2nd?
We can do it both, can't we? It doesn't have to be a one-time event.
OOPS! Thanks, Quasome! DX
Okay, ignore the last number I put. My real one is 4769-2258-1094.
Soo sorry!
As for the scheduling, the eighth won't work for me, but the second and this sunday would. Afternoon, of course, somewhere around 2-4? Eastern time.
Okay. So we could have pep rally dates. The first one (10/2) might start at 4PM ET or 9PM GMT*. We could also do a second one on 10/16 or somewhere around there. For those who aren't available on Friday or Saturday, is this a weekly thing or just for 10/2?

* GMT never observes daylight savings time. Please be aware if your time zone is observing DST.
smile
I say we should make it a weekly thing. I mean, why wouldn't me? We would get more people involved in it, some people may be regulars and others can just randomly show up. We definitely should keep time steady though.

And I plan on, if I have bad luck, losing a race or two. MAYBE.
^Sounds like a thing. I will create the room for the Mario Kart game, except when I'm absent. On 10/9, someone else will have to start the room.
Ok, so 4 PM EST this Sunday? I'll be there!
^Sounds good to me!
...I just read your forum description again, and you said I have pep band. *glare* Duuuddde, it's MARCHING BAND! Waaayyy cooler than pep band! XD

ANYWAY, hope you guys don't mind but my sister's gonna be playing a few races. She kept bugging me to play so, yeah. She's a lot better than me too, so if I suddenly start being awesome, it's probably her playing. XD
Also, your forum fails and didn't put my last post into the updates. XD
So what time will it be at for next week? And who would be willing to volunteer to open the room? 'Cause I'll be gone next week.
big smile
I'd say same time. Someone else may have to start it, I'm gonna be pretty busy that day, I may have to pop in and out.
hmmm
I won't be there, either. I guess that just leaves SPKR and beastialmoon to start it. Speaking of beastialmoon, anyone heard from him lately? He totally missed it on Sunday.
Start what? Oh.
Funny I may not be there either. Maybe we should just skip this sunday if no one is going to be there :|
Oh yeah, this Sunday is a definite no. I have to play at a festival, forgot about that.
I cant do it either. Sounds like a postponement!
We can do it on whatever day works best. This might be a Friday or Saturday even. If it's a Friday, I haven't left for a vacation yet. But on a Saturday or Sunday, it won't work.
heart
OH MY GAWD!!
My dad connected my Wii again!
We can play together *o*
Awesome! :D Just post your friend code on here and put ours into your game and you're good to go! ^^
smile
Ugh. Curse parents, and them not wanting me to play video games anymore... I'll still try to see if I can do it next Sunday at 3 CST or so.
YAY!!
My friend code is: 4941-8257-2287 ^^
Anyone wanna do another of these? :3 It'd work with other games too, anything that has multi-player by wi-fi connection.
My friend code has changed since last time, so we'll have to share friend codes again. And we'll have to think of a date.
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
I can finally do one of these, yay! I don't remember my friend code at the moment, but I'd love to participate. :)
Great! :D Mine hasn't changed, so if anyone needs it again it should still be on the first page of this forum somewhere.

I can't do next weekend because I'll be in Chicago, but I can do any day Monday-Thursday this week after school, I believe.
over a year ago mostar1219 said…
^ wait, Chicago? How come you'll be there?
Finally stopped procrastinating (on video games? I'm something else XD) and found the code. My friend code is 0089-6552-8786.

So far, next week is all cleared up for me.
over a year ago Gumball17 said…
I can't play with you right now, (no internet at my house. AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! SUCKAGE!!), but may I suggest using Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games? Cuz that's my third fave Wii game, behind PokèPark 2, and Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. Ooh, I suggest them, too! ^^
Great! :D So is that your Wii friend code, or your Mario Kartz one, D-Angel?

I don't have PokePark 2 (I WANT it though XP) or Mario and Sonic, but I THINK I have that Spyro one. I have a Spyro game for Wii, just not sure which... ^^'

Super Smash Bros. Brawl!!! :D Anyone? Anyone?
That's my Mario Kart One. I don't have Spyro or Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I rented it a while, though-it was freakin' awesome!). Is anyone a Mario Party 9 player or, well, probably not Pokepark 2 (maybe the first PokePark?). I don't have too many Wii games, honestly; and they're pretty sissy since I'm not into ones that involve gun shooting. :P