Penguins of Madagascar Evidence Suggests Another Dr. Blowhole Episode

SJF_Penguin2 posted on Jun 25, 2011 at 07:53AM
Although I can't say for sure, I believe fairly strongly that another Dr. Blowhole episode, likely a special, will be coming in the future. Actually, I have believed this for quite a while, but only now have decided to comment on it.

My belief in such an episode is based on three points of evidence:

-- First, the United States Copyright Office's website has long listed two episodes whose titles reference Dr. Blowhole. The first, of course, is "Dr. Blowhole’s Revenge," identified by the production code 117. However, USCO also lists one simply titled "Dr. Blowhole" with the odd production code of 813. (No other episode production codes begin with any digit other than 1 or 2, except for an 815 without a full title.) This piece of information has been publicly accessible for months, so I'm a bit surprised no one picked up on it yet. (Though it's listed by USCO as a DVD, ignore it; nearly all other episodes are listed as such as well.)

-- Second, producer Bob Schooley referenced an (unspecified) upcoming special with a Twitter post (@Rschooley) on June 10: "Penguins at Comic-Con panel. Thursday July 21. 1:00pm. Sneaking songs from an upcoming special. Live!"

-- Third, Schooley, on June 24, posted a link to a photo of a computer screen on which Dr. Blowhole can be seen singing, captioned "Blowhole sings! See it at Comic-con." (I've uploaded it here under the title "Dr. Blowhole Sings.")

These three pieces of evidence, combined with my own gut feelings, give me reasonable (around 85 percent) confidence that another Dr. Blowhole episode will be in our future.

Penguins of Madagascar 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago MaxTheCat said…
smile
I'm gonna want to see Blowhole sing. Thank you for the info SJF
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Bluepenguin said…
laugh
Nice! :D
And I also noticed that Bob's icon has some sort of mutated bunny and the lobsters.... Is that part of the animation too? XD
over a year ago EppofangirlXD said…
big smile
That's so awesome :) I would sooooooo love to see it!! songs! music! yeah! I already have Me and My JJ and Graveyard 8 on my ipod :)

WOOT! DB singing! And of course he would be a perfect singer for that Brand New Day song :D
over a year ago Lzk94pzpom said…
i think Dr.Blowhole is singing about the victory of his plan :P
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
Since he wrote songs, this means there will be more. I just hope it's not a musical or something like that. (>.<) What that would have to do with the simple title like "Dr. Blowhole," I don't know. But that's just my suggestion.
over a year ago beastialmoon said…
smile
An Origins episode, perhaps?
If they've already made screencaps, then they probably ARE. I mean, you don't just make the pix and then not even try for the rest of the episode. Logic!! :D
over a year ago Lzk94pzpom said…
^ and that meeeaaannns...? :P
over a year ago EppofangirlXD said…
big smile
Well. I'm looking forward to this epi now :D thank you, SJF!
over a year ago Icicle1penguin said…
I would love to hear him sing! He'll probably sound epic! :3
over a year ago quasomeness said…
I think I had a dream about this. I saw a grey walrus and the penguins mind controlled. Kinda like the penguins Dr. Blowhole-fied photo. But if I saw a grey walrus in a dream before seeing it online, there's something up with me.
over a year ago Lt_Kowalski said…
worried
Oh GREAT!!... Another episode of him in it??... Oy..... As if things couldn't get worse.....
over a year ago karenkook said…
smile
I want to see what he's planning AND I want to see/hear him sing. XD
over a year ago quasomeness said…
I wanna see what's up with Dr. Blowhole and how crazy his next mutation will be.
over a year ago Hijinata said…
I think your hunch is right!
over a year ago ruthc93 said…
I find it really hard to argue with anything you say once you feel the need to post it on the Internet, SJF. XD
over a year ago Kowalski355 said…
laugh
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OGM­OMG­OGM­OGM­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OMG­OGM­GOM­GOG­MGO­GMO­GMO­MGO­MGO­GMO­GMG­OGM­GOO­GOG­MOG­OGM­GOM­GOG­MOG­MOG­MGO­GMG­GOM­GOG­OMG­OGO­GMO­GOG­MOG­MOG­MOG­MGO­MGO­GOG­OGM­GOM­GOM­GOG­MOG­OGO­GOM­G AND OMG! I CANT WAIT! XD i. i mean wow this is SO exciting!