Audrey Hepburn Audrey Fans!

nandacavalieri posted on Apr 11, 2009 at 01:46PM
A forum to talk about our idol (or at least she's mine idol *lol*) and random things ;)
Welcome!

Any suggestion for topic title and description let me know

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
-Audrey Hepburn
A forum to talk about our idol (or at least she's mine idol *lol*) and random things ;)
Welcome!

Any

Audrey Hepburn 352 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 352

over a year ago courtney7488 said…
^That's probably why it's so obscure, lol! So, would you suggest skipping it?
over a year ago nandacavalieri said…
lol! Probably
Hm... well, it's still an Audrey movie. But watch everything else first. If you get really bored someday, watch it
Thanks for the advice, lol. Maybe I'll watch it someday. :P

What do you suggest I watch next?
Hm... Love in the Afternoon or How to Steal a Million, I love both! And Audrey is amazing in The Nun's Story
^ oooh, yes, I've read that The Nun's Story is really good! Have you seen Charade? I've also heard that one is good.
Oh! You haven't seen Charade! I forgot! WATCH IT! AMAZING! And Cary & Audrey, awwww!
Aw, In have yet to see a Cary movie! Maybe Charade shall be my first, haha.

I'm beginning to realize that she was not in that many movies (esp. when compared to other big stars). I think I've already seen about half of the films she has a prominent role in, not to mention that I've seen almost all of her scenes from her earliest films.
What? You NEED to! Cary is love!

I know :( she stopped acting for a while (after Wait Until Dark) to take care of her kids (well, she only had Sean back in 1967)
"What? You NEED to! Cary is love!"

LMAO! I'm sure he is. ;)

I kind of prefer that she wasn't in so many films... makes it seem like she was in the job for the art rather than simply the fame and fortune, unlike so many celebrities today. She also had good reason to stop acting.
yes! And also most of her movies are great!
^Very true! I kind of wish I was alive during her heyday...
me too :(
and I love the 50's, 60's
^Me, too! It was such a fascinating time period! I also love the '20s, but that besides the point.
Ah, the golden age of Hollywood...
OH YES! The 20's!!
Just saw this picture: link. It makes me so... uuuuugggggghhhhh (yep, that's right- I can't find the words to describe how it actually makes me feel).
LMAO!
I KNOW! SAME HERE!
^ I KNOW! She is wearing waaaaay too much makeup to pass as Holly, in my opinion. Plus, Paris is so far from Audrey's league. I wonder what Audrey would think of her and all the other modern celebrities that are so similar to her?
LMAO! That too
:O poor Audrey!

You've been the most amazing fan to Audrey spot lately, thanks!
Thanks! Though I don't know if I'd call myself "amazing"... more like "obsessed"! :P

But I could (and do) say that you've been an amazing Lost fan!
last edited over a year ago
LMAO! I know... I was adding a lot but people started to add the same images and I got a little annoyed so slow down a bit :/

awww thanks :)
I'll admit it's difficult to avoid adding the same images, which is part of the reason why I don't add images too often. I try to only add ones that I'm sure I've never seen before just to avoid that. I wish Fanpop had some sort of way to tell you if an image has already been added, like it does with videos and links.
Oh! I know... but sometimes I had added the image a few pages before. And also common images :/
yes, photos I only add the ones I've never seen before and I try to check some before I add.
yes! I always thought about that, but it's kind of impossible to come up with a good, simple system
"but sometimes I had added the image a few pages before. And also common images :/"

Yeah, I can see how that would be annoying, which kind of makes me hate when people add a whole bunch of images at once (meaning pages and pages of images). Even then, it's still annoying that people can't look back to see if something has already been added.
yes :/
According to this list link I have seen 17% of Audrey's films. If you count all the clips I've seen of her in her earliest films, that number goes up to 42%. :)
Awwwww! I've seen 67% :)
Wait... that original number should be 25%, not 17%.
yay good! :D
I just found out Marilyn Monroe spot has more fans than Audrey! NOT FAIR! *goes try to make people love Audrey, muhauhauhaua*
^Just try to get them all to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's since, ya know, Marilyn could have played Holly, but we all know who made the movie as iconic as it is...
LMAO! True
I always said people should watch BAT because it's the Audrey movie everyone likes and her most famous role. Or Roman Holiday <3
I agree. I think those are her two best-known roles, so those are both good movies to start with. :D
yes :D
and they are very likable movies
Would you say any of her movies are unlikable?
Besides Green Mansions, haha.
lol! Not the ones I've seen. From what I heard Bloodline is bad, really bad
I haven't heard anything about Bloodline, but don't particularly want to see it anyway. Actually, none of her post-'60s films really interest me at all.
oh :/
I love Robin and Marian. And she was great in Always (great last role, an angel)
ok, I lied... I would like to see Always for that reason. :)
For some reason, I never liked Robin Hood (except for Robin Hood: Men in Tights, but that's different :P), so I don't plan on watching Robin and Marian.
lmao!
oh it's completely different! Trust me. And it's more about their Robin and Marian love :D and Sean and Audrey have a great chemistry
I'm sure they do... both are fantastic actors. :D
yes :D
link
what do you think?
Awesome idea! It disappoints me, too, to see that many people our age either don't like or just plain don't know classics (even though I didn't really become interested in classics until more recently). I'll try to participate, but it might be difficult for me during this next month or so. I am determined to see more classics, so I will definitely try!

haha, sorry for writing a book here. :P

EDIT: I joined. :D
last edited over a year ago
(even though I didn't really become interested in classics until more recently).
same... I've been a fan only for one year

YAY! thank you! :)
"Charade has been described as "the best Hitchcock movie that Hitchcock never made"
LMAO!
over a year ago papasu said…
forgiveness for the intrusion
the previous comment is quite right
Charade because the movie looks like some Hitchcock movie
not an intrusion! We want more fans here :D

It does, a lot :)
I presume Charade is very Hitchcock-like?

And yes- the more fans, the merrier.
yes, very! And it's directed by a director well-known for his musicals, hahaha! (Stanley Donen)
you have to watch it :D
hahaha, I will watch it... sometime. :)
Donen also directed Funny Face, right?