Twilight Series What is so good about Edward!!!

oboelover123 posted on Feb 17, 2008 at 03:21AM
Can someone please tell why everyone likes Edward and all the rest of the Cullens so much because I HATE THEM ALL!!!!!! I am totally on Jacobs and the rest of the werewolves side and I REALLY hope that Bella realizes what an idiot shes been and doesn't become a vampire in Breaking Dawn nor get married. Fingers Crossed!!!!

Twilight Series 19 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Heidi42 said…
why would you hate all the cullens? i am a huge jacob fan to but i still love edward!!! and almost all of the other cullens (not a huge rosalie fan but still i dont hate her) on edward's spot there is a list about why people love him you should check it out... and his looks arent the reason why we love him... he's just an awesome person all around... i really just dont get why you would hate them they saved bella's life... reapeatedly(sp) and treat her like she is part of the family... so i'm guessing you didnt like Twilight then because the cullen's were one of the main parts in that book, right?
over a year ago luvrofedward said…
i agree with heidi42. Why would you hate the Cullens? I am a luvrofedward haha, but truely im half and half. personally, i just would prefer to have AC over a heater..... just my personal preference. you really do hate the cullens tho? hmm....... I am a Cullen 53% of the time and a Black 47% of the time.

heidi43, I like that list a lot. its great. CHECK IT OUT!
over a year ago oboelover123 said…
Okay, so I probably dont HATE all the Cullens but theres something about them that really ticks me off, espcially Edward. Dont know what though. But youre wrong about the not liking the twilight series thing cuz I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!! There like my favourite books and I cant wait till Breaking Dawn comes out.
over a year ago randomchicky456 said…
well then i think THE CULLENS OWN
ENOUGH SAID
over a year ago CharmedAngel88 said…
You don't like the Cullens? That's odd, but that's probably because I think that the Cullens are wonderful. I also love the werewolves, but the Cullens have a very special place in my heart. But I can't really make you feel differently, you have your free will and all that. I think Edward and the rest of the Cullens are great, it's hard for me to understand how someone can dislike them. And it's hard to see your side of things since you aren't exactly sure why.

I don't think that heidi42 was saying that you must hate the Twilight series in general, but that you must not have liked the first book in the series since the Cullens are huge in that book, the later books bring in the werewolves. But I can't say that she's right. In Twilight we didn't get to know the werewolves, we were focused on vampires so unless you didn't like the Cullens then I would say that you enjoyed Twilight. It wasn't until New Moon and Eclipse did you start to have a change of heart towards the Cullens. Or at least that's the only way I could understand you continuing on with the series.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago pink_martini2 said…
Stephenie Meyer's idea of vamps, and mainly the Cullen ARE pretty lame. I think out of all of them, I'd root for the Volturi, they're cool.

It's funny because the dynamics of the werewolves in the twilight books are like the vamps I like to read. That's probably why I like the pack more than the cullens. I don't hate the Cullens, though. They're decent.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Meg08 said…
I love the Cullens!! Mainly Edward and Alice(in a sisterly way) and the Werewolves are cool too! I don't understand how anyone could read these books if they didn't like at least one of the Cullens! I mean, Jacob is a awesome guy, but he's young in Twilight and you don't see him but like three times! Where as the Cullens are in almost every chapter or at least mentioned. I believe that vampires and werewolves can get along, I mean, my sister is a were after all and I'm a vamp and we get along great! lol. And I hope Jacob and Bella don't end up together, Jacob is still free to find someone that deserves him and poor Edward is stuck with that little whore Bella!

over a year ago funnyshawna said…
i dont like the cullens. except for alice i like alice. i think the vampires are waay too perfect. i love the werewolves! they seem much more human. i love jacob! i think he has amuch better personality than edward, and hes funny too. bella always seems like she has more fun around jacob. i wish that edward and jacob would just get along!grt. its annoying how they always wanna kill eachother!! and bella is a little whore! she doesnt deserve edward or jacob at all! she should just go away! grt times two plus four!
over a year ago cheergeek said…
UMMMM. I LOVE Jacob. Like A LOT. But don't hate on the vamps! Cause Jasper is the coolerest!!.

Yeah I had my moment when I was mad at the Cullens, but they still are really cool.. and they're not going anywhere. So why hate? (this also applies to Jacob haters)
over a year ago EdwardsBella said…
Aside from everything, Edward is just so caring, and gentlemanly (i woulda killed jacob black in the tent), and the love he has for Bella is simply amazing. Edward has saved her numerous times (okay, jake saved her from james), and his eyes are only for bella (restaurant scene in twilight, need i say more?).

Edward is one third...gotta save another third for a lacking human (fb joke) :(
yeah...edward's not bad...but i still like jacob better.
over a year ago FloatingMuffins said…
What is with all the hate on this spot? It is either I hate Edward, I hate Jacob, or I hate Bella. People! Can we please eliminate the hate in this spot!

Anyways, on the topic of Edward, I love Edward because, he loves Bella so much that he would even let her go with Jacob if it made her happy. Everything he does is for Bella's happiness or well being. He cares for her enough that he'll let Bella be with Jacob if it makes her happy.
He has got a great personality.

On the topic of Cullen's, they are fantastic. Everyone who hate the vampires say they are too perfect. Well, they aren't perfect. Each of them have flaws. Alice can be a little too perky and sometimes annoying, Emmett is a little immature, Jasper has the problem with humans, Rosalie is slightly egotistic, and we all know what Edward did (New Moon). I can't think of any flaws for Carlisle and Esme but I'm sure they have them. No one is perfect NOT EVEN VAMPIRES!
over a year ago twilightlova13 said…
I totally think all this hate stuff is getting out of control. The good things about the Cullens is that they are kind and they welcomed bella into the family right away. like FloatingMuffins said they each have their flaws but they are kind to Bella. And Edward would do anything for Bella as long as it makes her happy. And Jacob is awesome too because he also does like Bella and he does make her happy too. So i think they are both great except it seems that Bella likes Edward better and they belong together.
yeah i like the cullens, they are really nice and they accept bella even though shes a human and everything. i love jacob and edward. they're both great characters. but i do think bella belongs to edward. she should still be friends with jacob though, otherwise i will be very very sad.
over a year ago xtwilightx_love said…
Ok well Edward is just so perfect, he has a perfect image and is perfect as a gentleman. And the love for Bella is simply amazing. I can't even descibe it in words. The Cullens are so amazing to, they would be suuupppper fun to have as friends or siblings, and I can't describe the Cullens in words either but they are just awsome. Now Jacob is an ok guy u no but I think the Cullens are waaaayyyyy better. And I also simply think that Edward and Bella are supposed to be together. And I mean come on u can't hate Edward for leaving Bella in New Moon because he was just trying to protect her beacause he LOVES her and didn't wanna hurt her. ANd plus it was ment to be that way. Ello in case u havent' noticed, Twilight is about finding true love, New moon is about loosing true love, and eclipse is about choosing true love. U gotta love Stephenie Meyer's idea. Can't wait till Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun :)
i dont think anyone can really hate edward. he doesnt have any flaws at all. i didnt even get mad when he left bella. i knew that he meant well, even if it didnt really help at all. i wish he was real. alice too. and jasper. and emmett. and rosalie. and esme and carlisle. all of them i love them all.
over a year ago Dominohp said…
Edward is my dream!!!!!!!!!
which is the reason? why do you hate the cullens??
I adore them!!!!!!!! Especially Edward!!!!!!
I hate Jacob!!! Edward & Bella 4ever!!!!!!
I hope E&B get married soon!!!!!!!!

____KISS______ Domino____
over a year ago ashleydec19 said…
edward's way better than jacob,, well for one... he is stronger... mybe two, more romantic... can't help it... more skilled in EVERYTHING. and last is that he loves bella more. think of this possibility,, think of the word "imprint",, jacob did NOT imprint on bella so there is a big possibiltiy that jacob will replace or leave her if ever she chooses him.
i dont think that jacob would leave bella. i think that hes just too nice and he loves her too much. im not mad at edward for leaving bella that one time cos he thought it was the right thing to do. but i do think that edward and bella are just perfect and they should stay that way forever and ever (and you know how long that can be in this book:)) i really want jacob to be happy though, he really needs to imprint on someone really fast and get over bella cos i hate it when hes in pain, it makes me sad. i just hope that when bella turns into a vampire it wont ruin everything between her and jacob, because i think that hes a really good friend to her and i think that she would be really miserable if she didnt have jacob as a friend. but i want edward and bella to stay together definitely.