Twilight Series Is Bella the root of all evil?

chocolate-bear posted on Dec 31, 2007 at 02:46AM
I would sure say so. Well, maybe not "the root of all evil" but she definitely is the cause for basically all of the characters' distress. She keeps breaking Jake's and Edward's hearts. Sure, i feel some sympathy for the girl, having to decide in between two mythical creatures knowing that whoever you choose, its going to rip the other ones heart out.
But it isnt Jacobs fault, because he was just there when Edward left. They both thought Edward wasnt coming back, he was her "new moon".
And i definitely dont think its Edwards fault. So all signs point to Bella.

Thats just my opinion and i have a feeling theres lots of other gals out there who feel the same way.
Whats your opinion on how Bella is handling her situation?
last edited on Dec 31, 2007 at 02:50AM

Twilight Series 38 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago luvrofedward said…
i think bella definately has MANY issues. she is too dependant on the people surrounding her, and on the subject of jacob and edward, she is tearing both of them to pieces because of the decisions that she makes.
i personally think she needs to loosen up and get on with her life, but i dont really think that she deserves either jacob or edward with her current attitude.
over a year ago CharmedAngel88 said…
At first I wouldn't have thought of Bella as the root of all evil in Twilight. But as the series has moved on I would have to say that she is.

She is very dependant on those around her. When Edward left and she kinda "woke up" she began to depend on Jacob. She got Jacob's hopes up and when Edward came back Jacob ended up being rejected. It wasn't Jacob's fault that she lead him on and it wasn't Edward's fault because he left because he thought that he was protecting and doing what was best for Bella. By the time we get to Eclipse it's really clear that Bella has hurt both of them. And since I don't blame Jacob or Edward for this, it leads to Bella. I don't really understand why they are both still into her with the way she's hurt them. She doesn't deserve either Edward or Jacob.
over a year ago gracie08 said…
my feelings for bella began with avid dislike in twilight, and turned to hate rather quickly by the end of new moon. as i am (obviously) a jacob fan, i find it hard to like someone who has wripped his heart out multiple times, then felt the need to put it back carefully, then wrip it out again. my hate of her is 99.99999% because of how she treats jacob. the other .000001% is because my sister is an edward fan and she also hurts him. she deserves neither of them.

there, i managed to do that calmly enough...

p.s. commercial: for any of you who haven't, don't forget to join the i hate bella fanpop spot!! (the icon says "die, bella, die", not hard to spot, lol)
over a year ago Meg08 said…
Ok, I'm the twin that loves Edward and isn't calm on this subject. I would like to take a moment and say more warm and fuzzy I feel that so many people have seen the light and at least dislike Bella! (Please join the I hate Bella spot!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!)

*clears throat* That damn little slut is totally the root of all evil in Twilight! She hurts everyone she loves! From her Father to her (not that she deserves him!) Vampire fince(sp?)(excuse me a moment while I throw up from having to type that!) *2 minutes later* to her "best friend" who she would rather hurt him more by telling him that she loves him when she should've just kept that to her-damn-self, but NO!!!!!!! She wanted to break his heart.... AGAIN!!!!!!! Honestly, who could think she's nice, innocent, or a good person! *dangerous growl*

*deep breath* Ok... I'm ok... :D
hey. growling is a werewolf job. you should...hiss or something, sis.

hey heres a 53% edward and 47% jacob fan....it just depends on how im feeling that day lol.......but bella has issues with both. I LURVE the "i hate bella" fanspot!!!!
yay. :D sis built it but we're both founders and i made the icon, lol.
over a year ago amia89 said…
Okay so i wouldn't say she's the root of all evil she's just not working with all of her faculties, i mean, she wants to be changed into a vampire and she says she wants to do it to be with Edward forever and Edward said all she had to do was marry him and she says no, tell me who in their right mind would say no to Edward of course maybe she was hesitant to let go of Jacob but who would want him anyway, no offence to those that like him but i'm glad he left and i hope he doesn't come back he'll just push Bella off the edge then no one will be happy and you like Edward and Jacob but there the ones fighting over her or did you forget that part
it would not be jacob's fault if he pushed bella over the edge. i hope he DOES!!!!!!!! it is her fault for being WEAK and STUPID and OVER-DRAMATIC. pick one and get over the other. don't vow to hurt neither then break the promise to both. she's stupid. i can't stand her. she needs a life not involved with mythical amazing creatures. she obviously can't handle it. it's neither edward or jacob's fault that she's so re-damn-tarded!!!!!!!!!

last edited over a year ago
*sniff, near tears of pride**point at Grace* THAT'S MY TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY IF BELLA NEVER CAME INTO THE PICTURE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! EDWARD AND JACOB WOULD'VE FOUND GIRLS THAT WERE PERFECT FOR THEM!!!!!!!
over a year ago chocolate-bear said…
Ouh la la chickas. Lets all take a breather here.
Maybe Bella should just clone herself, that way one could be with Jacob and one could be with Edward. if only, if only...
cloning? fantastic idea. then there'd be more of her to push off a cliff. amia89- i didnt forget it, i know that the two are fighting over her, are mortal enemies, yada yada yada, but what the hell i lurve them both, and i actually think that they are doing an EXCELLENT job at handling Bella and her annoying-self.
*shudders* One Bella is already too many! I say all the Bella haters get together, pay Alice off with a car, kidnap Bella while Edward is hunting and Jacob is on potrol(sp?) or running or something, then take her back to the cliffs, tie her up and push her off.

Then the Edward fans will go comfort him and he can pick which ever one he likes out of us and then the Jacob fans can do the same with him!

Prefect plan!!!!!!!!!
lmao, of course that could end disastrously, what if Edward decides to kill himself and Jacob ... does some crazy werewolf stuff!
But ... it could go amazingly well, and we all end up with our dream boys.
Man, i wish they were real.
Ok, if all the Edward chicks got together, odds are one of us will smell enough like Bella that he won't care that much. :D And Odds are with the Jake fans, he'll imprint on one. lol. Once agian, problem solved. ;)

*points at my icon* you and me both chocolate-bear!!!
over a year ago CharmedAngel88 said…
Meg's got a point. With all of the Edward fans out there we've gotta have at least one girl whose blood will sing to him. And I'm sure out of all the Jacob girls out there he's got to imprint on one of them. If Bella were to die the boys could move on. At least I'm hoping.
This is such a morbid forum. Lol.
chocolate, you're the one that started this! lol.

They say Bella's blood smells sorta like flowers. I've a lavender(sp?) freak, so hopefully my blood smells like that... that's flowery! Edward, bite me!!!
haha chocolate-bear it is extremely morbid. but hey, bella's got a problem, and we just like to point it out. what the hell, its fun. :)
Lol, Meg, i bet your blood smells something like that. ;)
I enjoy pointing out Bella's flaws, since there are so many of them.
C'mon chocolate! Its fun!!!!!!!!

And Right on, luvrofedward!!!!.... well 53% Edward! lol.

Yay!!! Then I have better odds of getting him!!! Lets go to Forks and put this plan in action!! Who's with me?!
I'M WITH YA!
TO FORKS! JACOB/EDWARD OR BUST! ;D
TOTALLY WITH YOU!!!!!!! YAY
over a year ago stephaniemary said…
i have nothing against bella. for one who is in her "choosing between two boys" issue, i believe she made the best choice. she loves edward much more than she loves jacob, but she does still love jacob. and as far as the "root of all evil" i dont so much think that is the case, but she does seem to be a pretty decent danger magnet.. but remember, the reason why she attracts so much danger is because she was supposed the die the minute she walked into that bio class on her first day of school. her time has long since expired, and her fate says "die" and she isnt.. and since she is supposed to be ceasing to exist, there has to be forces out there that will cause that to happen.
wow.... that's the first time I was getting ready to go off on some crazy Bella fan, but stopped and said, "wow! I hope she's right!"

Very nice!!! Death to Bella!!......... that would also save us the trouble of us having to kill her... Go stephaniemary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wanna come to Forks with us anyways?!
Ouh, good point Stephanie, i guess fate is agaisnt her. dun dun dunn.
omg i really liked the response there stepheniemary!
*crying* Fate is against everyone!!! Stupid Bella, root of all evil and death in Twilight!!!!!!!!!

*more tears*

(If you don't know what this is about go read "The End")
over a year ago geenuh said…
yeah i honestly think it is her fault. and i don't think she deserves Edward or his patience at all.
i was just listening to Phases: A Twilight Podcast, and in one of their recent discussions they were talking about whether Bella was selfless-putting others before herself or selfish-putting herself before others. its a good way to put it, and i can see the two sides of the argument, and both of their "good" and "bad" qualities.
GO PHASES!
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
bella is totally the root of all evil! i hate her! she isnt special in any way and she doesnt deserve edward or jacob!grt. im done.
over a year ago BritKeyser said…
I feel sorry for Bella, having to go through that. I don't think she knows the full impact of everything she does.
over a year ago starry-eyed said…
okay sorry for all you bella-haters but i really don't see why anyone would HATE her?? i mean it is her fault and everything but its not like she does it on purpose! come on! its not like she chose to fall in love with two people (not really people lol) who happen to be natural enemies! and there is no option that lets her make both of them happy! if she dies that makes both of them heart broken, if she chooses Edward that breaks Jakes heart and vise versa! AND she has no way of controlling her very unlucky attraction of danger! sooo why anyone thinks that she should die, i have no idea! like i know that she is the reason for all the trouble BUT she didn't want it to happen and didn't do it on purpose!! sooo....whatever to all u people.... :P
over a year ago proedward said…
I agree that her character doesn't mean to do it but when you grow to like the other characters, it's easy to blame her b/c her character has come off very fickle towards the end. I get that she loves two people but for as mature as they make her seem, she really shouldn't be struggling this hard about it. The worst part is, is that we know the struggle will continue in the last book and it's going to be sad either way but being that I'm an Edward fan, it would really screw the whole series for me.
over a year ago Virjo said…
i hate bella too lol..
the most idiotic character in existence.
over a year ago 21738001988120 said…
well first off the all made mistakes and edward should of just let bella go and not be protective and make her decided just like that jacob could of done the same not forcing her to give an answer. yeah bella shouldnt of led jacob on even tho should thought she didnt like him but in the end she did. i also dont think she could of helped herself she was under pressure and unsure of herself she had two great guys that she bothed loved.

also a new moon is the darkest night and thats why stephenie named the book that becuase it was bellas darkest time

just thought you should know
over a year ago fanpire101 said…
it is NOT all her fault, tho part could be, and there are some things you would not be able to prevent, so i could never understand u bella haters, its just a ridiculous idea!
over a year ago Lyssypoo said…
*Cough cough* bella's a skank *cough cough*