Twilight Series WHY DO YOU LIKE EDWARD??

iluvtheoc3000 posted on Nov 07, 2007 at 04:38AM
TO be honest i cant understand it... i am totally and completly on TEAM JACOB BLACK... i really hate that almost nobody agrees with me... i cant even understand what you girls see in edward.... yah he's hott... but thats it... he is WAY TOO protective... to the point that its not cute... just annoying.... he takes everything WAY too serously.... he's stubborn (once again that could be cute but he over does it)... and yes he loves her but so does jake... who's to say that he loves her more?? i think thats bull i think they both love her...

and is it just me or does Bella have a serious case of MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISSORDER?? with Edward she is one person and with Jake she is compltly different... with Edward she is boring and safe about everything... with jake she is silly and fun... and she can be herself... and she laughs alot more...

now i completly agree with the book... Edward is a drug... and Jake is the Sun and Air... she NEEDS Jake to live... Edward (drug), you can get over with time...

OMG and the possiblilty that Jacob has imprinted already... i think it is SERIOUSLY possible right now... Ok the book says you cant help but fall in love iwth them... becuase of the attention and devotion they show you... HELLO... Bella DID fall in love with him... and WHY... becuase he was persistant and gave her his attention and devotion...

Edward is only favored becuase he is good looking i HONESTLY do understand how you girls can like him... CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME... CAUSE IM NOT I'LL EVER UNDERSTAND... YES EDWARD IS A GREAT GUY BUT... HOW CANYOU PICK HIM OVER JAKE??

Twilight Series 108 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 108

over a year ago gracie08 said…
you and i have already talked and i am TOTALLY on your side. to me, Edward seems like the destiny love for Bella though, but if she'd never have met him, she would have totally been happy with Jake. But i don't like Bella and i want jake for me, lol. and yes, she has serious problems with a desease my sister and i call POTOS.

Phantom of the Opera Syndrome. You like who you're with.

I hate her for hurting him.

And no, Edward is not all that, sorry. Not to mention the fact that yes, he's in love with her, but he's also, what, approximately 90 years older than her? sorry, but that's a little sick, and Jacob is only a year younger.

DUH!!

oh yeah, stephanie meyer said that Jacob didn't imprint on Bella, just wanted to let you know that!

Hallelujah!! there's hope for a person who WON'T rip his heart out!

GO TEAM JACOB!!!!
over a year ago CharmedAngel88 said…
Okay, I guess I'm going to try to defend Team Edward.

Personally, I don't see the appeal of Jacob. I will admit that from what has been written in the books he's an attractive guy, but I don't like his personality. He jokes around a bit too much for my taste and he's wreckless. Not something I find attractive.

Edward on the other hand is someone I'd like to be with; and it is not simply because he is good looking. I like the fact that he's protective, even if it is extreme in cases, I think that it's cute how protective he is. I also like how stubborn he is, I don't think it's too much, and it's endearing to me. Also, Edward's a romantic; I love that about him. And he's a gentleman, which is a major plus for me. And so what if he's so much older than Bella? Age is simply a number and it'd be hard for him to find someone his age that he'd actually love. He appeared to have no interest in any of the female vampires around him, even Rosalie whom Carlise had chosen for him.

As far as Bella's "Personality Disorder" I don't think she's got Multiple Personality Disorder. If she does then she has amazing control over when she switches between personalities. She's just like everyone else, she has different aspects of her personality. Depending on the people she's with she will change her manner to what is appropriate for the situation.

As far as the whole "who loves Bella more?" debate, I really can't say that one loves her more than the other. I'm not going to say that Edward loves Bella more than Jacob because I really don't know that. And I will admit that if Bella had never met Edward then she would probably be with Jacob. But that's not the case now, she did meet Edward and I beleive that's who she's meant to be with.
i think she's supposed to be with Edward too. that's not the problem here, lol. i'd rather her be with him. i meant she had personality disorder because she goes to jacob and says she loves him, then goes to Edward and says the same thing. i don't believ eyou can TRULY love two people at once, not in the way she does. romantic love.

second, edward is romantic, and i like romantic, but he's a little TOO romantic for me. it's not as special if he's that way every single day. it just becomes normal and nothing out of the ordinary. it's overkill.

at least jacob jokes around some, edward is always so serious and hard.

and sorry, but how is runnning to italy to kill yourself before you're even remotely sure that someone is dead not wreckless? just wondering.

why would it be hard for him to find someone his own age? is there anyone out there that can confirm he's actually tried (he didn't try to get to know the vampire women in Tanya's family, he just stayed away). i don't think so...

yeah, i don't want bella with jacob, lol. i want jacob with someone who deserves him.
Okay, I think I understand what you're getting at. I was just saying what I thought mainly as a response to the topic.

Bella did go back and forth telling each guy that she loved them. Claiming that she loved both, and I can understand several fans not believing this because they don't believe that a person can truly love two people at the same time. I am actually one of those fans who didn't fully buy the whole thing. I think she may love both of them, but they have to be different kinds of love.

I was just saying that I liked how Edward is romantic, and honestly I don't think I'd get tired of it. But that's just me, everyone is different.

Yeah, Jacob jokes around and it is nice to have someone who will make you laugh. Yeah, I will admit that Edward can be too serious at times and that he needs to joke around some. But I still think that I would prefer having someone who is serious than joking all the time. But I tend to be more serious than I am joking so that might be why I feel that way.

I will admit, that running off to be killed by the Volturi is on the wreckless side. But he honestly thought that she was dead. When he called asking for Charlie and heard that Charlie was at a funeral he could only come to conclude that Bella had died. Especially after hearing about Alice's vision of Bella dying. And he had said that he wouldn't be able to live if she had died.

From what I understand about Edward he had never really shown an interst in even having someone he would be with romantically. He just didn't have interest at all until he met Bella. There was something there that hadn't been there before in all the years he has walked the Earth.

And even though I don't really like Jacob I really do want him to be with someone who deserves him. I honestly didn't like the way that Bella treated him and Edward and think that both guys could do better than Bella. But Bella and Edward are meant to be so at least Jacob can find someone. I hope it happens in the next book because he really does deserve to be happy.
over a year ago monkeyboots92 said…
I cant say nay to either of them. Both definatly have each of their own benefits. Since Edward has been harshed on a bit I'm going to defend him first. Ok so 1st off hes totally hot. And yes he is kinda over protective but that shows why he loves Bella so much. If and hopefully when Bella gets turned into a vampire he will be less protective. Also I mean cummon! Vampires are toatally awesome and that whole skin sparkle and scent and running?! I mean thats awesome. Bella though. Urgh. Edward proposed to her and she kissed Jacob? cummon. I understand the circumstances but you engage to another man! pick one, you can't have both.
Now Jacob. WOHOO for the spaceheaters! OK so he loves bella too, he just wasn't quick enough. Bella also told him that she loved him. I understand that she was using him for the thrill to hear Edward's voice and thats awful and I think Jacob deserves to be happy. But he said that she would make him happy.I don't know in the end of Eclipse *SPOILER* he just ran off. So has he impressed someone? who knows. Maybe someone more worthy. Maybe hes still pinning after Bella.
i bet you guys a million bucks he'll end up with that leah chick. everybody thinks she's young, but she was 19 in new moon. i really want him to find someone other than bella, and not hang onto what she told him.

vampires ARE awesome, i have nothing against them at all, or edward personally, i just like jacob more, lol. and i respect those who like edward more. if i didn't, my sister would kill me, cuz she LOVES edward, lol. i like debating with you guys because it give me a chance to hear a side i don't always hear (i only hear my sister's and we fight too much already, lol). anyway, it's good!

i still think he should have tried to get the whole story before running to italy. that was too wreckless. he whould have enough sense to ask, i mean, how much longer could it have taken to say "whose funeral?" lol. i would have wanted to know...
over a year ago Meg08 said…
Ummm... I feel like I'm a little late... Just so you guys know I'm Gracie's sister and I'm totaly in love with Edward, but I've got no problems with Jake or any of the werewolves for that matter. I hate, and I mean, HATE Bella! and Now that everyone is clear on where I stand.

I do think that it was a little, wait, really stupid of Edward to just run off to Italy, and I've been trying for days to read the phone call between Edward and Rose that Stephinie Meyer wrote herself to find out what exactly Rose told her brother to push him over the edge, but take in to account that Rose (and I'm sorry I'm cuting her name short, but I suck at spelling) hates Bella and probably always will, so she was most likely happy when Alice saw her death and wouldn't hold much back in telling Edward, not thinking that he'd run off to kill himself, or rather get himself killed.

I also don't think Edward would be as... "safe crazy" with someone that wasn't Bella. I meant look at her, she got attacked and got the crap beat out of her by a vampire and her mom believed that she fell out of a second floor window. If I as that clusmey(sp?) I'd want someone like Edward looking out for me!(Hell, I'd want Edward looking out for me anyways!!!) And I'm pretty clusmey(sp?) as it is.

Ok, time to make my sister happy, I don't blame Jacob for running off at the end of Eclipse. The girl that he's loved forever-ish just ripped his heart out for the second time, took half of it, then put the other half back into his chest! And on top of all that, she's marrying his mortal enemy(sp?) in least then 6 months!

Yeah, so I don't see how any Edward fan, let alone a Jacob fan, can like Bella!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago iluvtheoc3000 said…
i love that you sisters have opposite icons... one team jacob and the other a leech lover... its cute.. and funny
Hey! I'll defend Jake too if he needs it! Just not as much as Edward. So please don't call me a "leech lover" its demeaning.
lol... wow...
I really do like this discussion that we've been having. It's nice to see the other side of things. I've run into far too many Jacob fans who never fully reasoned why they like him. It's even softened me up towards Jacob a bit. I always knew that he had been hurting but I guess I was so caught up in Edward to really open my eyes to even understand Jacob's side of things. I love that the sisters have opposite icons, too. And I will agree that the term "leech lover" is demeaning.

In reality I'd probably like someone who were a combination of Edward and Jacob. I'd like someone who has the sense of humor, someone who's protective, someone who's a romantic, and someone who's a bit spontaneous. I just play favorites when it comes to the book and Edward happens to be it. But I don't have that much against Jacob anymore.
yes!!!!! we've done our job, iluvtheoc3000!!! i love it when people start to realize jacob isn't some horrible person who stole bella from edward...he at least waited until edward was gone. and anyone who read "Being Jacob Black" knows that he wanted her a long time before that.

:)

i love it when people start liking him, even if it's just a little.... :D
Yeah, I will admit I did really feel bad for him when I read New Moon and Eclipse. He's such a young guy and to have your heart broken twice by the same person who you've wanted for so long is just terrible. But I really have been blinded by my love for Edward that I really didn't want to feel sympathetic towards Jacob. Though I'm still on Team Edward I'll be sure to think twice before I make another harsh remark about Jacob.
See now that's nice! On Team Edward and able to get along with the Team Jacob people!!! YAY! Someone that's sorta like me! *mumbles* Finally!

I really didn't have a problem with Jacob at all. I had a problem with werewolves in general(sp?) for about a week after I finished New Moon, but after that it was all good! ^_^

I sorta can't have a problem with werewolves anymore anyways. Grace is one.
Yeah, it is really nice for the two teams to get along. There really shouldn't be hostility between us. When you look at it we all have one common love, the Twilight series, and just because we have our differences doesn't mean that we can't get along.

I think the only reason why I had my problem with Jacob was because I had viewed him as the one who's trying to take Bella away from Edward, and with my love for Edward that was clearly unacceptable. But I can see both sides of things now.

If Grace is a werewolf, then does that make you a vampire?
she is a vampire, and i am a werewolf. mostly.

im part vampire, like, an extra ten percent, and she's part werewolf because she bit me and drank some of my blood (not enough to kill me, obviously).

after that, things got complicated, lol.

there is a fic we wrote if you ever feel like reading it, it has jacob AND edward in it, obviously, two fanatics like us, lol.

you should read it.

it's at fanfiction.net, just search for the pen name cassie08. :D

i like getting along, but i was really mad at her for hating the werewolves for a while. of course, this always happens to us, i pick the guy that shows up later in the series, lol. it happened with the tithe series. we both liked roiben at first, but when ravus showed up in the second book, i liked him better. same thing happened with jacob. she was flipping the pages to see when edward came back and i was in total heaven. lol
I like the first guys, like the quote I steal(sp?) from Xander in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "I am constant(sp?) in my effections(sp?)." and I've sorta got a thing for emo guys... which is weird, but *shurgs* I love Edward!!!

Yes... and just for the record(sp?), I didn't have the same diet as the Cullen's until I bite Grace. And for any of the other vampires out there, don't try werewolf blood... trust me!
lol.... you guys are so funny.... awwww i want to get bitten too.... so i can be MOSTLY werewolf... but a tiny tiny bit Vampire... that would be awesome
i'm constant in mine too. once i find the guy worth giving them to :)
:D Its better to be mostly vampire, believe me, poor Gracie ended up with blood lust, not being able to sleep, and she got fangs.... but she likes them.

Where as I'm now able to sleep, eat, and mind talk with the weres! lol.
yeah, there was a lot of hostility for a while...needless to say, lol
over a year ago XpsychotickissX said…
heres why i absolutely love edward:
-hes a vampyre, me love vampyres
-he gorgeous
-hes so kind & amazing with bella, it seems liek there arent really any guys like that

i could go on forever btu i think it just has to do with your personailty, i mean to me his personality is just perfect & him in general is perfect
over a year ago XpsychotickissX said…
in case u ahvent noticed im completely team edward

the protectiveness means he cares & i love it

this comes back to the personality thing i mean i take things 2 seriously & im stubborn so i like that about him

i dont see the appeal of jacob either, he gets on my nerves
I love Edward too, but not because of his looks, yeah he's sexy and all but that's not what matters to me, or that's he's a vampire, and yeah I like vampires a bit more, but again not what I look at mainly.

I love that he's protective, but he can be a bit too overprotective, but that's ok, its just him. ^_^ No one is totaly perfect.
Meg and Grace are both funny! I love them! And I will check out that fanfiction sometime. I think I'll like it!

And to beat this point to death... Yes, Edward is very overprotective of Bella. But that is okay, it shows how much he loves her. And you've also got to take into account how accident prone she is! I don't blame Edward for being so protective. And then of course the other reason to love Edward, he's absolutely perfect! But Jacob's not that bad either!
:D!!!! Thanks. Yeah, Gracie and I love, and I mean LOVE, being crazy!!!! ^_^

I comend(sp?) Jake for having to deal with Bella in the state she was in during most of New Moon. I was really mad at Edward for the way he left Bella, I cried when I realized what he was doing, when he did it, and for... oh about 70 pages after. and I don't cry over many things. you can ask Grace, I've got a heart of ice. ^_^ But once he was back in the story, even if he was trying to find a way to die, I forgave him in the blink of an eye.
she's WORSE than accident prone. she's DEATH prone. and how has SHE made her way into this thread?! lol. no more about her. let's talk about....jacob. :D
And Edward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
either, but you know which i prefer. ~innocent smile and halo appear~
Okay, no more of "her". Should we call her "She-who-must-not-be-named"? Just wondering. So more of Edward or Jacob... I'm not much of a conversation starter at the moment. What about them should we talk about?
yay!!! no more "she-who-must-not-be-named"!!!

are you a potter fan charmedangel? just curious. well, i could go check your profile, but i'm too lazy, lol

how about...we talk about some good things about jacob. everybody keeps saying why edward is so great. if you guys name some great stuff about jacob, i'll name some great stuff about edward :D
Yes, I am a Harry Potter fan.

Let me think of some good things about Jacob. This is something that I will have to give some thought about since I've never really considered before.

Well, as mentioned before Jacob does have a sense of humor and jokes around. And who doesn't want to be with someone who makes you laugh? He's spontaneous and has a sense of adventure. He also doesn't give up easily, which can be seen in New Moon and Eclipse, which is good because if he really wants something then he won't give it up without a fight. He's also protective, but he is able to see where to draw the line. I suppose that will be good enough for the time being.
it is! it makes me happy :)

(we have an HP fic too. hee hee Cedric/OC and Harry/OC. takes place in The Goblet of Fire)

((just so you know)) :D

well. edward is a very very dedicated person, that's for sure. and even though he always says he's selfish, he's really not, his every smallest move is in consideration of what would be best for Bella or make her happy, one or the other in every case. And...he knows when it's not the time to joke, i guess. but i love jokers, but most people don't. well, i take that back. i can't take it all the time, and edward is serious about all of the important things. And yes, he's protective, even if he's too protective at times, i do have to admit that she needs it more than most. lol.

will that do?
I think it will. Yes! lol.

ok... Jake is sweet, fluffy wolf(I don't mean this in a bad way! I think its cute... wow did I just say that? moving on...)... other then at charmedangel got it all covered.

(and I know this is the wrong spot for this, but... I LOVE HARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I LOVE EDWARD!!!!!!!!! But Jacob is a very, very nice guy/werewolf! :D
you didn't put much effort into saying good things about my guy. and after all that good stuff i said about edward!
im officially mad at you.
:(8
Charmed beat me too all the really good stuff!!! I don't what to copy her!!

Jake is also passtionate(sp?) about what he believes in... wait did she say that?....
I don't know if I said that... Did I? Well, even if I did you're welcome to repeat it. Several good things about Edward have been repeated by other people, so you can repeat the good things about Jake.

And I have been reading the Harry Potter fic (The one with Cedric and Harry) that you guys wrote, I was reading it last night while I was waiting for the update one your Twilight fic. I didn't get to read the upate to the Twilight fic yet because I got wrapped up in the Harry Potter one. I think I got to chapter 33 on it before I had to call it a night.
holy crap!! glad you're so into it! hee hee.

it's one of our best. that and james bond and king arthur and walk two sides :D

king arthur (the day the sun rose) is our most popular
Yep!!! Oh just out of curiousity(sp?) before you we tell you who wrote what part, can you guy just from reading our Twilight one? I love our James Bond one, it had the best twist.
she means: "before we tell you who wrote what part, can you guess just from reading our Twilight one?"

she can't spell, im her spell-check machine. :D that's the only reason she even loves me....
Oh, okay. I figured that is what she meant. So I'm supposed to guess who wrote what part in the Harry Potter fic based of what I've read from the Twilight fic? I figured that Ally was Meg's part and that Anne Marie was yours. Am I wrong? I just assumed... Well, that and Meg wrote, "I love Harry!" earlier and so it pushed that assumption forward. Let me know if I'm wrong! And I'm sure that Meg love you for other reasons than your spelling abilities!
Gracie!!! You know I love you more then just that!!!

Yeah, she keeps the other half of my brain, that's one the good things about being twins :D Plus when I get trying to type fast I don't pay as much attention to what keys I'm hitting.

And I just realized before I came to check here that I had that little "I love Harry" out brust, but to be fair, Grace loves him too, just Cedric more. lol

You were right! :D Its pretty easy to tell who wrote what, expect in our other HP fic (A Midwinter Night's Dream. Fred/OC Oliver/OC), I'm always the blonde and most of the time I have purple eyes. Grace always has caribbean(sp?) blue eyes and brown hair, sometimes with blonde highlights.

I LOVE EDWARD!!! and Jacob is a really nice guy!!!
Yay! I got it right! I'm so happy! I really like the HP fic. I think it's a really interesting story, I never really thought of Cedric that much and reading this story got me to like him. But I'm still a Ron girl at heart.

I did read the Midwinter Night's Dream fic and I liked it. And I did notice that there seemed to be a sort of trend in the descriptions of the girls and had a feeling that that would be another clue. I like your fics, it's been forever since I've read any and yours were just what I needed to push me back into the habit. I can't wait until you guys update!

I love Edward, too! But as we have established earlier, Jake is a great guy too! You've got to admit that the series wouldn't be the same if it weren't for Jacob.
you're a liar!!! you don't even love me at all!
:(

~runs to cedric and jacob, well, jacob first!

they love me!!!

I LOVE JACOB!!!!!! (and Edwad is OK)

and i also love Cedric!!! :D
*rolls eyes* you know I love you sissie!!! :P Admit it, you love me too!!!! :D

*sighs happily* I like, no LOVE, it here!!! The Edward and the Jacob peeps getting along, mild HP talk. Its prefect(sp?)!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! We're saying Jake is a great guy and just say Edward is 'ok' :P Don't forget you loved him too at one point.
I know! How much better can it get here? People from Team Edward and Team Jacob are getting along and we're talking Harry Potter? This is one of the best places ever!

And I noticed that, too. Here we go saying that Jake is a great guy and all this... But Edward is just "ok" all of a sudden? What's up with that? Nah, I know you meant well, Grace.
fine, edward is a great guy. and perfect for you two.

is that better, oh loveless one? :P
I LOVE YOU SISSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! *GLOMPS*

And I love Edward!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay! He's great! And he's perfect! Yay! That is better! And Jacob's perfect for you, Grace. I'm sure that is the right thing to say since you said that you'd run to Jake before you run to Cedric.
...ummm... I'd run to Edward, then Harry, then Lex(James Bond OC), then Clark (Superman!), Tristan (King Arthur), etc. :D