Twilight Series WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT ANTI-TWILIGHT SITES

bmarme posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 05:16AM
....damn haters............
last edited on Apr 01, 2010 at 04:03AM

Twilight Series 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago SimplyLaurel said…
Well, some of them just blindly hate the books, but some actually know what they're talking about. There's a difference between:

"TWILIGHT SUCKS! GAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!11"

and

"The characters don't strike me as actual people. They seem more like plot devices."

I tend to appreciate the latter.
over a year ago biank said…
people that hate twilight are insane all that people SUCK!!!!!
over a year ago Hellohoudini said…
I'm with you SimplyLaure...I love a good conversation with someone who doesnt honestly like the books after reading them. I usually try to stay away from the bandwagon haters and am for the most part am respectful of other peoples opinions...though I shamefully admit I did get into it yesterday with a Twi-hater...(it was a bad day and I was sleepy and hungry and cranky and nothing was on tv...lol)

What I dont get is that many of the Twi-haters are basing their opinions on just the Twilight movie (which was not really a good representation of the book) and have never taken the time to actually read it. I really love how some people have gotten very self-righteous on what "real" vampires look like and on what "real" vampires do. Everyone tends to forget that vampires are fictional characters.

♥Team♥Twilight♥
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago jay_teamRenesme said…
cool
Hopefully my opinion isnt to hard to follow. I think The story behind Twilight is alot like the story behind Santa Claus. Neither character actually exist or ever could have. The real Saint Nicholas was the patron saint of beggars theves and whores if I'm not mistaken (see! doesn't that diminish santa just a little? true or not...). Bashing what others love is like proving to someone who hasn't figured out the whole santa thing that xmas is just their parents doing nice stuff for them. Personally I think it's a little self centered and dishonorable to ruin that type of joy. Such fictions may never last. In the end not allowing others to enjoy somthing like that is selfish.

For me this applies to those who bash without understanding as well as those who actually took the time to read and understand.
over a year ago luvutoo said…
I dont understand these anti- anything sites. Didnt there mother teach them if they dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Geeeeeesh, its just a book. Leave the sites for the fans who appreciate the books and if you dont just show by not getting on the site.
over a year ago SimplyLaurel said…
Well, in their defense, a lot of the mature sites aren't aimed towards fans, they're aimed to other people who read the books but just didn't like them. Fans wander in on their own, it isn't like the people were intruding on sites about how cool the books are.
over a year ago _savannah_ said…
smirk
i think everybody has their own opinon, and i think they should be able to express it. if they're anti twilight thats they're own choice, just as long as they don't press you to change your own opinon.
over a year ago jay_teamRenesme said…
cool
I would agree if I hadn't seen bashing on this site as well as others specificly dedicated to fans.

I still think its bad to ruin someone elses good times.
over a year ago bmarme said…
sad
well but they called us............i cant say it eh..................
PS
4 people who r on team jacob-the twilight haters say that jacob's abs r photoshopped
4 people who r on tean edward- TONS I CANT SAY ........................
over a year ago r-pattz said…
I like them! Well, I like the ones who have actual reasons for hating Twilight, rather than just calling it stupid. It's nice to talk to these more... sophisticated haters because it's possible to have an actual discussion with them. Especially because I tend to agree with them on many of their points, like the fact that SM is a terrible writer. (Though don't get me wrong, I am still a Twilight fan, if a tentative one.)
over a year ago italiangirl976 said…
big smile
I like talking to people that have a different opinion then me but can also discuss it like a mature person. And fan can have sites that are all about loving Twilight then why can't they have sites to talk about why they don't like it? Thats their opinion.
over a year ago r-pattz said…
^ I do agree, and you know, the part that amuses me is the fact that many of them are only haters for attention, because they prefer to rebel against what everyone else is doing.
over a year ago navajosrock said…
meh
yea some are pretty good one reason twilight is bad is: In the books there's not really any plot.... yea. twilight series are ok though
over a year ago Jessie_Cullen said…
I think, in general, they're pretty cool. I can see the faults in the books, and for some people there are too many, so fair enough. Of course, in the same way Twilight supporters are ridiculed because of those few "crazy fan girls", haters are given a bad reputation because of the few people who go too far. I'm sorry, but am I the only one who thinks "Twilight sucks and everyone who likes it should go die in hell" is a little strong?? It is only a book. . .
And I totally agree with r-pattz, she has some really good points xXx