Twilight Series Book Review: Breaking Dawn

kgregory1 posted on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:41PM
My newest and final book review for Breaking Dawn. Enjoy!

Stephanie Meyer continues the Twilight saga with her fourth and final book, Breaking Dawn. Before you read this book, you need to read the first three books, Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse; you will understand the story better.
Breaking Dawn is the end of the story of vampire Edward and human Bella’s romance, also the end of the love triangle between Bella, Edward, and Jacob. The book is a total of 754 pages long and there are plenty of twists and surprises that keep you reading more.
There are some parts that I didn’t like and some I did. The one thing I did enjoy in Breaking Dawn is how Meyer broke down the book into three different parts. The first and last part is Bella’s point of view and the second part is Jacob’s point of view. I very much enjoyed reading Jacob’s thoughts; I actually started to love his character even more. I found a humorous side to him and sometimes felt bad for him.
I also liked the fact that Edward wasn’t the center of attention in this book. I kind of got tired of hearing about how beautiful and how wonderful he was. Meyer actually focused on different characters and I liked that very much. I liked how the Cullen’s brought other different vampires together. You got to see different types of vampires and not just the Cullen’s.
I didn’t like the fact that Meyer jumped to conclusions and all the surprises in the first few chapters. I only finished reading the book to find out that there are only two surprises at the end, what fun is that. I like to read books that make me want to read the very end and want to know what happens, but Meyer made most of the surprises at the beginning.
Overall I enjoyed Breaking Dawn, for most of the parts. It’s not how I would have written the book, but then again it’s not my book. I would recommend this book to anyone of all ages. Just be sure to read the books before Breaking Dawn or you won’t understand anything.

Twilight Series No replies