Twilight Series Eclipse Book Review

lmanis1 posted on Oct 02, 2009 at 11:02AM
This is a review I was assigned to do for my writing class. If you would, please post comments and let me know your opinions. Thanks.

Eclipse is the third novel Stephenie Meyer wrote of the Twilight series. It’s best if you read in the order of the series (Twilight then New Moon) before starting Eclipse.

It’s a story based on a love triangle between Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Jacob is in love with Bella, while Bella is in love with Edward, but has feelings for Jacob also. It’s so hard for Bella to let Jacob go when she knows how deeply they feel for one another. On the other hand, she will never love Jacob the same as she does Edward. Bella is forced to come to a decision of choosing between keeping her werewolf friend Jacob, or staying with her vampire boyfriend Edward.

Eclipse is not only a romance story; in the city of Seattle, not far from them, many malicious and mysterious vampire murders are occurring for revenge. This situation puts an even larger stress on Bella.

She also has to decide life or death. Does she want to grow old with Jacob so she can be with her friends and family, or does she want to try to become a vampire and not see any humans for the first five years after her transformation due to the fact she will become an uncontrollable bloodthirsty vampire for the first five years.

Will Bella choose to be with her friends and family over Edward? Will they figure out what is happening in Seattle with the numerous murders? Stephenie Meyer is truly an outstanding writer who will keep you asking yourself questions like this through out the seri

Twilight Series No replies