Twilight Series New Moon book review

allie_girl046 posted on Oct 02, 2009 at 10:45AM
So I had to write a book review for my writing class and I would like some feedback on it. If you read this would you want to read the book? Do I need to change anything? Any suggestions? All comments appreciated, Thanx!!!

New Moon Book Review

New Moon is the second book to the Twilight vampire series written by Stephenie Meyer. New Moon in my opinion was such an intense part of the series. I believe that reading the first book before reading New Moon however, would benefit the reader more, giving the reader an idea of how the book is played out.
New Moon begins were Twilight had left off; Edward, the vampire Romeo, leaves Bella stranded and all alone in Forks thinking she would be better off without him. Edward is worried that he is putting Bella in danger by allowing her to get involved with his vampire family and their ways of life.

Bella becomes aware of the fact that Edward will not return, and begins to move on with her life. She begins to work on herself while adding some excitement to her life by playing with danger. Bella soon realizes that she can’t live her life without having some form of connection with Edward, this caused Bella to go cliff diving and motorcycle riding.

While experimenting with danger, Bella is notified that Edward has misunderstood her actions. She is then forced to reconcile with the ultimate enemy, the Volterra family, in efforts to save Edward. Bella is then forced to make a decision on either destroying her friendship with Jacob or saving the one she loves.

Will Jacob accept her putting herself back in danger, and will Bella be able to save Edward? Is it too late or is it only the beginning? This novel will have you on the edge of your seat wanting to read the next chapters. After getting through the first several chapters, I was completely glued.

For the first time readers of the Twilight series, I do recommend starting with the first book. For those who like to just jump into this series, New Moon does give an opening explanation of what has been going on in the previous novel. I also enjoy the fact that Stephenie Meyer adds a preview to the next book at the end of each novel. I highly recommend reading New Moon; it’s a the kind of book you just can’t put down. There is no doubt in my mind Stephenie Meyer will out due herself again in the last two books of this sequel.

Twilight Series 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kgregory1 said…
So Im so glad Im the first person to comment on this!!! But girl this stinks...haha i love you and we need to get to work on this!