Twilight Series Edward Cullen: SEX OFFENDER

Slaaaave posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 09:39PM
There is no moment where he isn't in complete control of Bella. When it comes to her, he is unyielding and possessive and not hesitant to have a bite of anyone else who considers doing her, including Jacob Black. What fans of Twilight seemingly fail to realize is that such qualities (overbearing possessiveness, watching Bella while she sleeps and so on) are more often found in sex offenders than the perfect man. Such things can apparently be ignored/forgiven when love is supposedly involved. And he fucking sparkles. What the fuck, people? DISCUSS.

Twilight Series 25 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago EdCullen said…
Why u bitchin about edcward? He's fuckin bette thna u wll evar be and ur jst jelous of how good he is and shit.
over a year ago Slaaaave said…
All you Twilight fangirls get so bloody defensive about your 'idol'.
over a year ago patriautism said…
I would say Jacob is more of a sex offender than Edward.
Edward is more of a stalker.

(which he does admit to being)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago metalnaunx said…
worried
I have to say edward is a stalker. I think it was in Eclipse when Bella wanted to check on Jacob Edward comes at vampire speed an takes something from Bella's truck so she couldn't see him
Well, regardless, what I'm trying to say is how can these 'men', used in its loosest sense, be regarded as rolemodels for boys IRL? How is that healthy or normal, ignoring the fact that the author's Mormon ethos pervades the books sucking out any real issues and replacing them with fantasy "feelings" so that teens can think that its acceptable to think about suicide, if the object of their immature affections leaves them. Rant over
meh
Suicide? Bella may hav been depressed an Esme may hav jumped off a cliff but no one realy commited suicide
Consider, not actually commit.
meh
Consider yes but come on man Edward was evrything to Bella an esme lost a child an hav u read all 4 books?
over a year ago callejahLUVSed said…
slaaaave... GUESS WHAT? if we like obsessing about edward, who the hell are you to judge us? we can like whoever the hell we want, and personally, i'm not gonna let a freeken stranger bag a character that one of the best authors created. so excuse me if you don't like edward, but thats your poor judgement, not ours..

p.s. i DON'T think its acceptable to consider suicide, only people in serious pain would, and i'm not :)
Yea, callejahLUVSed is write!You a twilight hater?then go join the rest, i think theres a forum or club for you guys!!
Not at all, one has to respect Meyer's for creating such a cash-cow, good luck to her. I just question whether holding the events of the series up for emulation IRL are actually beneficial to the health, mental, social and otherwise of the fans. There are better characters out there to 'obsess' over, if you INSIST on 'obsessing' over a fictional character. Jesus, for instance.
over a year ago Baby_Gurl_13 said…
mischievous
Hay bytch it aint hiz fault tht she wantz hiz nutz...n will do n e thing 2 get them!!
over a year ago lilsunshine said…
crying
NOOOOO NOT EDWARD
over a year ago HarryPotterFan said…
Slaaaave - I can see your point of view in a way, the actions you have highlighted would be indeed be very worrying if you didn't factor in the paranormal aspects of the book. I think perhaps you have misconstrued some details.
Yes, the character of Edward is overprotective to say the least, but ask yourself would he need to be protective if there were not "bad vampires" constantly staking a claim on Bella's life? You say he is unyielding, yet there are countless cases of Bella's will triumphing over his; the most notable being the "vampire conversion". Edward watches Bella sleep because in the world of Twilight, her mind is the only one that is closed to him. His intentions are not malevolent, he is intrigued by her existence. As for the idea of considerng suicide in New Moon, I would have to say that it is not considered in any way - Bella does not jump from the cliff to die.
My final point is that sex offenders, from what I gather, are driven by the idea of having power over another individual but Meyer clearly states Edward's actions have always been driven by "true love"(as corny as that sounds).
To sum up, the issues you have drawn attention to are not ignored or forgiven when you consider the context of the actions. It must be remembered that the series is fiction and you perhaps over-estimate the influence that a story can have on behaviour and society. To address the "sparkling" issue, it's a writer's prerogative to put in whatever they want in their book, get over it.

P.S. Your logic might just be wasted here when trying to reason with some delusional fans (probably including myself).
meh
Well, im not dilusional, im just sayin dat the only reason pplz obsess over somethin is cuz they wish it were real pretty soon in like 2105 or the near future stuff like twilight will be a fortune an forgotten mite as well love it now
I just say it isn't healthy for you all to want EDWARD CULLEN to be real. Perfectly fine to like the idea of a romantic vampire but don't let it consume your life. Like this sad sack: link
mischievous
As if thats wat stalkers are. I once saw this show where this guy wrote this book with him the main character an to protect him he killed guys dat had the same name an description like in the book an almost killed the guys best friend. So i havent heard bout anyone like dat
The stalker did the killing mite a say
over a year ago jacob4ever57 said…
meh
Wow...creepiest person EVER in that vid dude...
surprise
He wasnt creepy, mostly mental...but i wonder everytime if stephine has stalkers to...(DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN)
over a year ago labi-has-ocd said…
excuse me ! Jesus is not a fictional character !! :]i can take u bagging on edward but deffinatley not Jesus !!

and please if you want to hate on edward go do it on a different site coz we fans really dnt care what u say were still gonna be obsessed and frankly your just pissing us off to put it nicely !!
and bella doesnt commite suicide over a teenage infactuation leaving her.. stephenie meyer even said this herself it is more than just a highschool crush bella and edward are true love..like soul mates so just another highschool crush.. or immature affections as you put it ! and she didnt even intend on killing herself actualli she jumped of the cliff to hear edward voice .. yes but she didnt intend on killing herself at all when she jumped!

so please i know everyone has there own opinion and all and thats fine, you dnt like edward we get it but if u want to hate theres plenty of other places to do it with ppl who scare ur opinion but we twilight/edward fans dnt wanna here it !!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago callejahLUVSed said…
okay... so your bagging edward and now your bagging jesus... before i was trying to be nice but now i'm just pissed off! IF YOU HATE EDWARD, GET THE F**K OFF OF A TWILIGHT SPOT!!! IF YOU HATE EDWARD, GO HIDE UNDER A ROCK UNTIL THE REST OF THE WORLD GET SICK OF HIM! OKAY?
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
tongue
LOL good work HarryPotterfan you sound like you've just written a thesis on whether Edward is a stalker or not.
Slaaaave I know you think it's funny to see everyone react like this. I kind of agree with you. But they are right, they're allowed to obsess over whoever they want. It might not make sense to you, it might seem completely idiotic but it isn't really any of your business. This is Twilight. It makes people obsess. That's just what it does and I think people are over attempting an explanation for Twilight Haters.
over a year ago labi-has-ocd said…
yeeahh well done harrypotterfan ! it sounds so brainy and very wel thort out KUDOS u realli sed it ! :] hehe
over a year ago caitlincookie22 said…
big smile
I have to say that hebos more of a stalker than he is a sex Offender but not really very much I mean cut him some slack he has been waiting for her for 100 years and is just protective maybe almost to much but oh well