Twilight Series Plan Failed... Need Advice

unfair_love posted on Apr 02, 2009 at 04:37PM
ok my grandma found the book and told my mom... my mom took the book away, and now i want to look into heavy metal music, any sujestions? please...O and it's really confusing, she lets me watch the movie but not read the book.
anyway any sudjestions for beginner heavy metal?

Twilight Series 30 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Twicutie said…
smile
Just tell your mom that you want to live your own life and make your own decisions. If i was you i would go out and buy the book again, read it, and then tell her that you are mature enough to make your own decisions, then sit down and have a heart to heart conversation with her and tell her you want to look into heavy metal music. You can do it!

Oh and btw i dont listen to any heavy metal(not that my parents would care) so what i said was just a suggestion of what i would do if i was in the same situatian you are in!

Alexis B-)
over a year ago twiheart said…
big smile
ok...soo im confused...she wont let you read the Twilight book??...thats just lame...the books are great...and im sure if your mom took that book away, its just so she can read them first for herself lol...

annnd about the heavy metal music thing...
heavy metal isnt bad at all...they dont sing about nasty things like rappers do, they dont talk about slapping girls and getting laid...my boyfriend listens to all kinda of heavy metal...like death metal, black metal, and thrash metal...i think its very intelligent music...they mostly talk about religion tho, so if your mom is religous, i wouldnt let her know you wanna start listening to metal lol...

my fav bands are...a day to remember, silverstein, and in fear and faith....they arent heavy metal per sa...but they are still hard core and awesome....hope you enjoy them
over a year ago pixie09 said…
big smile
wont let u read twilight??? D: .. well if she thinks that it is a scary vampire book, just burst her bubble and tell her that it is acctually a modern romeo and juliette story. and i dont know much bout metal, but seriou;sy, its just music, no one can deprive you of that !!! D:
over a year ago unfair_love said…
THANK YOU!!!
now my replies:

to: twicutie
I'm only 13, homeschooled so i cant bye the book, and i cant go to the mall with my friends...anyway if i told her that " i would go out and buy the book again, read it, and then tell her that you are mature enough to make your own decisions" i would be grounded for life... i will tho tell her that i want to look into heavy metal. my dad did, so it should be ok with him. thank you!

To: twiheart

The reason my mom didn't wat me to read twilight was because i haven't read the classics yet... shakespear, dickins... ect
ooops i gtg i will continyou later
PS how do you spell continyou?

Ok i'm back

continyouing my family is VERRY religious... were christians! I don't care if the world knows! so thank you for your advice!

To: pixie09

she dsnt think its scarry... she just wants me to focus on my studdies... thats all!
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago LinaJC said…
wow., unfair_love i feel sorry for you
i'll have a life someday... most likely when i move out... but i will have a life...
over a year ago irunwithcullens said…
worried
twilight is a classic !

i'm pretty religous too, but the twilight vampires are vegetarian vampires so it's not excactly a blood bath.

i feel bad for you ;[
over a year ago melandjim4eva said…
sad
Ah bless, you poor thing. Did you get to read any of it before it was taken away?
smile
3 & a half chapters... and i loved every one of 'em!
over a year ago melandjim4eva said…
Is there no way you could persuade your mum to let you read it, even if you made a deal with her like for example you do your studies and then you get to read Twilight for 30minutes or something like that?
over a year ago VB_GurlTwilight said…
monkey
Tell her that it isn't like Dracuala or anything. Tell her (even though it's probably a lie) that if you get "scared" or if it seems too inappropriate, (still.. this is a lie) you will put it down.

Worked for me. My parents were mainly worried about Breaking Dawn though.
over a year ago mandapanda said…
well, if none of the other ideas work, will she let you read it during summer break? surely you don't have to work on your studies then? I know it'a a long wait, but it'll be worth it if she lets you. :D
over a year ago mayra7632000 said…
wink
well what exactly does your mom have against the books?

oh man..looks like your mom is not something you should mess with..yikes...sorry about that sweety..feel for you

but i honestly dont think your mom is going to let you read those books ..i have an idea
over a year ago Edward_vsJacob said…
Your mom is crazy. IM on the third book and i am addicted to twilight. It is the best series ever. Why do you want to get into heavy metal. I am christian to but my mom doesnt care if i read it. You need to do something about this because your missing out on the best books in the whole world. I dont have any advice accept try to take the book back and read it late at night and then put in back where your mom had it. Besides what does your mom have against twilight and why does she think it is bad???????? (REPLY BACK)!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago BellaJane said…
big smile
Hey i'm srry to hear tht. The book is awesome! I would tell your mom more about the book and suggest that it is not bad (cause it's not). I told my mom and she loves them she's almost done the series. though I can see how maybe she doesn't want you to read the 4th book but still she should at least let you read twilight. Anyway goodluck!
About the heavy metal, i'm not realy a fan of it myself, but everybody has different tastes so tell your mom that's what you like and you'd like to go and buy a cd.
over a year ago nicole041895 said…
read the book who cares what your parents think they dont even know what is best for people half the time
and as for heavy metal, do the old groups those tend to be the best like...
metallica i love this band
cake
ok i have a lot of righting to do!

To melandjim4eva:
No i don't think so... I play violin... haven't been lately... i love it! so after my studdies i play for 3 hours then it's like 7 pm and i have to help make dinner... so i don't really have time for it... and she is pretty sturdy on her word.
thank you!!!

To VB_GurlTwilight: i told her that... it didn't work... hey! Great minds work alike! ;)

To mandapanda: I do school through the summer:(... i'm homeschooled! :)

To Edward_vsJacob:
I don't think that would work, since my mom sent it back to my Aunts boyfriend... they live about 4 hours south of us. I just like the sound of Heavy metal... but the wierd thing is... i also love listening to classical! its wierd!
My mom doesn't think it's "BAD"... she just wants me to get started on some classics first, and my studdies...
O and she said that i could read it when i'm 16... 3 years is a long time :(
Thank you!!!

To BellaJane:
thanks! when i told her that i liked heavy metal (LOL) she said
"(full name) WHEN WE GET HOME YOU ARE PRACTICEING YOUR VIOLIN!!!!" I tryed to tell her that i enjoyed classical music too but she wouldn't lissen... LOL
thanks again

To nicole041895:
I do not agree with youon parrents... i respect them... and whatever they say i will do... if it's something i want to do and they say no... then i will try to talk them out of that no... but i won't go behind their backs
O I like metallica too :D
thanks
over a year ago Ovybo said…
Read the book and listen to the music. It's that easy.
dont get me wrong i respect my parents but sometimes i know that wat they tell me not to do is unfair, like you for example what is wrong wit twilight,is there a reason that she doesnt want you to read it besides studies? and if not then tell her that it is just a book and there happens to be nothin wrong wit it also try to get it on her good side, idk like tell her to read it first and if she sees no10 wrong wit it tell her to let you read it!
not to brag but i dont see why your parents or VB_GurlTwilight parents care, dude my parent never really care about much that i do like as long as im good and dont to drugs or gangs thay dont care what i do like a for reading i can read what ever i like!
O like once i started to read these to books called "my bloody life the making of a latin king,ALSO, "my bloody life once a king always a king the unmaking of a latin king. my parents didnt care cause it's not like im gonna do wat happens in the book
ps(i you get a chance you should read these books there are good)also(latin kings are a big gang in chicago)
last edited over a year ago
sunny
i'm trying to understand your lifestyle here... so do you only listen to your parrents when you agree with them? ok if your metallica came to a large city like 2 hours away from you... and you ask your parrents if you can go, and they say no... what do you do... you have the money for the tickets... you have a car... enough gas... and alll your friends are going... what do you do... stay... or go... read about it/ hear about it... or expierence it i GTG
bye!
over a year ago dals said…
so im really religious (jewish tho) and my parents let me do wtvr i want and totally trust me,so i cant completely understand ur situation but i no some ppl who wern't allowed to read the books caz there "innapropriate" and they just let their moms read the book first and then when there mothers realized they werent so bad they were allowed to read them
also if you're mom wants you to read classics, so go ahead and read them, maybe ask her if you can read romeo and juliet and then read twilight to compare them, or try to make some sort of deal with your mom and find a compromise
also try to explain to your mom know that there are some things you'll do with or without her permission, so maybe its better that you do it under her conditions and she knows about it then for you to get all rebellious, i mean my parents let me do wtvr i want b/c they would rather know about it then me sneaking around behind their back, but personally i love my good girl reputation, so im not about to do anything that could get me into trouble
and if you are trying to talk to your mom it really helps if you sit down and talk to her nicely, rather then fighting and yelling, i know i sound stupid but really shes more likely to listen if you go and have a civilized conversation
over a year ago Reanna22 said…
do any of ur friends have the book if they do then kust read it when u go over to there houses that is wat i did
smirk
dals... i like your answer the most... i think i'll go wit it
:D
big smile
o and pluss i think it's awesome that you're jewish! i am really intrested in that colture
ok if metallica was here my parents would so let me go, but ill go with you say they dont let me i would try to covince them to let me and if not like watever i would still go and come back and get grounded for it but i would be worth it dont you think!
cake
i dont think that it would b worth it... my religion says that i MUST obey my parrents... no other choice... but they are trusting me with more things now... since i started this topic, and i might see a turn around in them concerning twilight!
wat religion are you that your parents are so strict, and it would be so worth it.
over a year ago callejahLUVSed said…
meh
well heavy metals bands that i like are acdc, metallica, system of a down... that sort of stuff works! and btw, if i knew where you lived , i'd send you my old copy!!!
p.s i feel sorry for you... my mums the opposite, she wants to read them so whenever i look for one of the books, they're usually missing !!!!
smirk
its isnt STRICT it... it has more moral rules than actual rules...
it is christianity... you know... Jesus Christ, God, the trinity, Bible, ect.
And i also found out that i dont like heavy metal I like alternative !!!
over a year ago patriautism said…
Why did they take away your books?
Are they religious nuts?
Some of the best metal is.
children of bodom,
man o war,
bathory,
and
therion. mostly therion because its really dark and romantic like twilight