Twilight Series Has Anyone Else Done This?

pixie09 posted on Feb 17, 2009 at 04:33AM
my friend decided that she wanted to read twilight to see what all the hyp was about, so i, as a good caring friend, lent her my copy. big mistake. a week later she handed it back to me with a big smile saying that she loved it heaps (naturaly) and asked if she could borrow the next one... lets get this straight, i LOVE my books and keep them in the best condition that i can. and here was my friend (whom i love dearly) handing me back my book in tatters!! .. i think i said something like, wow did you put it through the washing machine or something?? .. she said that it had rained when she was walking home from school and it got wet ... mmm well you could have put in your bag maybe!! .. lol ye but i was really annoyed to put it politly ..
so i was just wondering, you all as twilight fans (<3) are the only ones who can answer honestly, am i over reacting when i say im pissed at my best friend for killing my book??
or has anyone else had this problame ?? :S

oh and i said that my sister was reading new moon at that point in time and it would take her a while :p haha ..

Twilight Series 26 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago laureng114 said…
hmmm
of course!!

my mom tried to read them,
i wasnt reallly happy about it but i said ok.
she was only on page 30 of twilight and my parents got in a fight.
my dad then decided to throw the book outside(thinking it was my mom's) and it just happened to land in the pool.

i quickly ran outside to get it and then brought it up to my room.
it air dried but was almost destroyed.
i was angry but didnt ssay anything,
one good thing is that my mom never asked to read it again.

over a year ago pixie09 said…
crying
i feel your pain ...
over a year ago Ovybo said…
smile
I totally do not think your overreacting. I don't know how your friend could return the book with a smile on her face.
over a year ago Danielle_x said…
I agree, you're definitely not over-reacting! My books aren't in great condition but if it was someone else's I'd make sure it was in good condition!
over a year ago vampiress015 said…
I know what you mean- it's not the fact that its the Twilight books, but more the fact that you expect people to look after things you lend them them
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago 7_steph_7 said…
i agree with all of you, especially if you cant read it now, (idk if you can or cant, im just saying.) definitely not overreacting.
over a year ago pixie09 said…
smile
lol thanx O.o
over a year ago happyhayley751 said…
hmmm
You're definitely not overreacting - the same thing happened to me. My friend spilled coffee on mine :( i was sooo mad! she bought me a new copy but it still didn't make me any less angry lol!
over a year ago h8o said…
angry
I completly agree...My friend asked if she could borrow my book and i lent it to her but when she gave it back the cover was ripped and wrinkled the pages where pink and it didnt have backing on it anymore!!!!! She ended up buying me another one because i wouldent talk to her....your not over reacting... its been a mounth and im still pissed!!!
over a year ago irunwithcullens said…
i lent my best friend some books back when we where in primary school, we are now in our teens and i still haven't got them back, I'll probably find them in her room when she moves away from home to university or something.
over a year ago Twilizzy said…
angry
omg same thing happened to me with my friend! i almost killed him!!!and he never gave them back soon enough so i freaking out!
over a year ago atlforeverxx said…
Dude, i feel ya. My Copies are SACRED.
I've lent my books to friends. only ones i cant trust. but i never give them cover slip. and luckily i have two copies of Twilight. I have the collecters edition:) just make it clear that you'll slit her throat if she messes up anything else:D
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago caitlincookie22 said…
smile
i sorta think u are overreacting even though i would be mad, but its not the end of the world right?
over a year ago caitlincookie22 said…
smile
i do agree wth ovybo though - how could she return it with a smile on her face? maybe a sheepish smile but...
over a year ago mandapanda said…
yeah. I remember when my friend was trying to take my book away, and she bent the cover a little. I got so mad. and when I pulled New Moon out of my backpack, the back was bent... i was sitting at my desk with my hands over my face. Some of my friends were just shaking their head because they know how protective I am of the books. lol
over a year ago jalicefan15 said…
My sister took my copy of twilight on vacation to barbados and dropped it in the ocean by mistake and still wont buy me a new one.
over a year ago kelseyrox97 said…
i know! i accidentaly bent the cover of my twilight book! the movie cover! i was sooo mad at myself!
over a year ago callejahLUVSed said…
surprise
yeah don't worry, i lent my only copy of twilight to my friend and after several weeks of begging she gave it back, with half the pages folded in half and the cover completely trashed.... and i love her but seriously, TAKE CARE OF OTHER PEOPLES PROPERTY! then when she asked for new moon, (as mean as it is) i lied and said that my brother was reading it. oh and when i asked her what the hell had happened to the pages she said that she folds the page shes up to so she remembers where shes at... ever heard of a bookmark?? LOL i'm there with you pixie09
over a year ago JoseVanders said…
My step sister lent her New Moon to a friend, who returned it, COVERED IN TOOTH PASTE. LMAO, like what is THAT about? I would be pretty angry....
over a year ago labi-has-ocd said…
i dont think your overeating ! i would be so pissed oi ! your supposed to look after other peoples property and id be WAY MORE PISSED COZ ITS TWILIGHT !! GROWL !
i feel your pain. i would be so annoyed.. i almost started crying.. kinda coz my breaking dawn cover got screwed up from being in my school bag.. i wad realy sad lol :D
and
laureng114- woooah i would be sooo angry if that happened.. id demand a new one !! no jokes that suks so much !!

but yeah pixie09 your not overeating..
my mum asked to borrow my book to read while she was sunbathing.. i really didnt want to lend them to her.. and had a full out screaming match at her coz i didnt want her to mess them up.. my friend was there and she was like wooah and she was scared of how angry and possesive i was getting LOL.
i had to let her borrow them.. and the pages turned all yellow from the sun:[ and the edges got beant.. i was mad for a bit.. but im over it now :D
over a year ago r-pattz said…
YES!! my friend kait did that to my copy of twilight. i was pretty mad at her, esp. since it took her close to four monthes to read the dang thing. and shes the kind of person who dog ears the pages! it bugs me to death!
over a year ago SimplyLaurel said…
When I lend out new books, I tell my friends that I'll charg them is something happens to them. Sure enough, I lent a brand new copy of another book to a friend, she went out to eat with her family, and some sort of sauce was spilled in it. I only charged her $5 though, since she obviously tried very hard to save the book. She was willing to buy me a new book, though.
over a year ago twilight4ever97 said…
trust me. u r not over reacting. my moms friends have been reading MY!!!!!!!!!! twilight books, and i keep thinking "dont spill any thing on it! dont kill my baby! twilight is my life!" if they did reck it, i would NEED a new copy. they would buy.
over a year ago twilight4ever97 said…
like, my MOM was lending them out to her friends
over a year ago labi-has-ocd said…
wat the hang ^^ twilight4ever97 LMAO your mom was just lending them out to her friends i would be so annoyed lol :]
over a year ago kat_hale said…
I am obsessed with my books- it may sound awful but I get mental when it comes to books. That`s why I don`t lend books, (well I lended my copy of HP:The half-blood prince once to a dearest friend, but she is a stickler as well)If someone want`s to read a book- well that what book stores and libraries are created for. Please have some respect for the books, Jess...we`re talking Twilight saga here.
It`s a good thing you`re a calm one- I would have like broke her rib or something XD