Twilight Series Twilight the movie.

CleoSertoriFan posted on Jan 01, 2009 at 07:58AM
As most you you SHOULD know the twilight movie has come out.
I bet the fans of this spoy loved it.
but i wanted to ask, why do some people hate the movie?
It was basically the same as the book, nearly. and it was all the features like; comdey, romance, etc.
so why do ou guys hate it so much?
i loved it.

Twilight Series 27 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cullencrazay9 said…
The reasons I hated it were because (this is goingto be along one...)
-I thought Rob was A really bad actor who looked like he was going to cry the whole time
-I thought Kristen Sopoke with no emotion at all she spoke monotone throughout the whole movie
-I thought Carlisle looked at least 4o something years old!
-Esme was ok.....
-I thought they picked a really good Jacob
-I didn't even think Rosalie was pretty I mean I know girls prettier than her
-Jasper looked so in pain it was stupid cause he isn't really described that way and I hated what they did to his hair!
-I thought Alice was pretty good
-Laurent is not supposed to be Jamacin!
-Victoria was an ok Victoria
-I thought that James was okay
-I thought Charlie looked way to old along with Billy lookin way to weird
Enough about the cast now about parts of the movie:
-They cut out Carlisle's chapter which is so important in New Moon!
-The baseball scene was ok but I would have liked if Esme had told Bella her story as she was supposed to
-I thought the whole kitchen scene was completly stupid
-I thought when Edward andBella jumped out the window insted ofhaving Alice come tell them about the thunder was really stupid (that was one ofmy favorite scenes in the book)
-I was really upset that at the hotel Bella couldn't bond with Alice because they cut that out.
-I thought the whole port Angeles scene was bad but funny with the whole "money, sex, money, sex, cats"
-I thouht the scenes at school were all really bad
-I have no idea wherethey got the feild trip from because Ithought that was really stupid
-Lunch was not anything like it was described..... what happened to Edward and Bella sitting together at a table???
-When Edward saved Bella he just left which he didn't do in the book he was supposed to go to the hospital but......... Charlie did give me a good laugh there :)
-I thought the whole beach scene was absolutly and completly horrible
Well for now that's about all I can say if I remember anything I will remeber to post it!
I hope noone takes this the wrong way because just saying again it is just my opinion :)

-

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago reinscripter said…
i liked the movie and every cast member with the exception of who played bella i think they could have made a better choice with that.i guess it would depend on whether you watched the movie first or read the book first because in the movies they always leave out alot that was in the book to condense it to fit in a 2 hour film. with that in mind though i would say they did a decent job with the movie
over a year ago officefan2010 said…
one thing that i cannot stand about this fandom is how picky everyone is. like this cullencrazy person.
twilight was a book that was ADAPTED into a movie. in order for that to happen, you can put every single scene from the book into the movie. and you have to add new scenes to fill the gaps. you have to add things to original scenes to get certain plot points, character developments, or characteristics across.
now the movie wasnt perfect, no movie is. perfection isnt possible.
but i just wish that the fans would remember why they made this movie in the first place. it was for us the fans. and then there are people who totally trash it, when they did a really fantastic job. i mean, sure they left out some stuff, but honestly, did you really miss it while watching the movie? or did you just think about it a lot afterward????
overall, it was a very well adapted book to screen film. it was a great first film in a series of films. it laid the ground work which is what it was supposed to do. if you were dissappointed, be optimistic about new moon. according to what the twilight haters are saying, new moon can only go up which is fantastic for the people who did like twilight. : ]
over a year ago EdwardToujours said…
I agree with officefan that there really is no perfect version- everyone has their own conception of what Forks and the characters should look and act like, you can't please everyone.

But personally, I think they did an amazing job with casting; the acting was amazing. But they had a pathetic budget: the special effects were lame, and that put a damper on it for me. I really hate how Edward looked like he was sweating in the sun.

Hopefully with a bigger budget and an enlightened perspective of how big our fandom really is, they'll use the latest technology to bring the story to life. I'm really looking for Edward's sparkling body, the vampires' speed, the shape shifters' transformations, and the flashback to be good, realistic quality.
Listen I am not trying to be picky but you know what they could have made the movie much better and yes during the movie I was thinking about eveything that I said not only when I left. Plus I think Chris is going to make a much more fantastic movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago pixie09 said…
before i saw the movie i thought it was going to be really bad, but i acctually thought it was funny. the casting was ok, edward was good, bella annoyed me a bit though. and i really really didnt like jake, his voice was totally wrong D: but the school kids i thought were brilliant. and yes so rosalie wasnt 'the most beautiful girl in the world' but she was still pretty and she acted like she thought alot of herself. i liked everyone else though. and if you look at it seperatly from the book, as its own movie, it is acctually pretty good .. i loved it and was laughing through the whole time :D
over a year ago heart-kandii said…
i saw the movie, thought it was awsome, then read the book and thought the movie was crap compared to it.
edward is so much more loveable in the book then in the movie.
rob ruined edwards charm, theres so many more hotter/talented people that would be better suited for the part.
kristen is too much of a tomboy to be bella, shes meant to be sweet and innocent, kristens voice is too deep. again, plenty of other people that could be better suited for the part.
i think they should have used quotes from the book instead of editing them, it lost the feeling.
they put bits into the movie that werent in the book, which they could have used the time that they wasted with them to put in the important, more exciting bits from the book instead of leaving them out.
all i can say is there were very few points that was the same as the book.
the rest was all crap.
they didnt do the meadow scene!! i loved that part in the book and they didnt use it. yeah it was LIKE the meadow scene but NOT THE SAME! =[

well, it was still a good movie though just a let down after reading the book.
I agree with you heart-kandii!!!
over a year ago -SarahRaRaRa- said…
big smile
Perfectly said officefan2010!=) Personally, I LOVED the movie!
mischievous
I don't know why you guys think we are picky we just have our opinions and yes maybe they do have high standards!
over a year ago Emerliegh said…
angry
Is It Just Me Who Hates Jacob Black,,?
He Is Actually P***in Me Off..
Why Cant He Just Get The Hell Out Of Bella's Life..
When Edward And Bella Are Together..
I Get Chills And Cant Put The Book Down..I Get Tingles..
When Jacob Comes I Just Want To Skip Through...
He Just Does My Head In...
I Dont Get Anything From Him And Her..
Edward And Bella Are Meant To Be Together..
And Know Shes Worrying About Wether To Turn Vampire Or Not..??
WTF..?
Grr..Angryness..
big smile
Emerliegh I take it that you are only on Eclpise or the beggining of breaking Dawn?
Well when I read that part for the first time I felt exactly the same way....
But when you finish Breaking Dawn your fellings will probably change your feelings about Jacob.....
Hope that helps!!!
over a year ago P_dora said…
meh
hi
over a year ago justcurious said…
hhhmmm.... i dont know what to think anymore

As many people have pointed out, the movie could have been improved... For exapmle :

- I thought that in the Cafeteria, when Bella and Edward were having the conversation about him being the 'bad guy' I thought, even as I watched it, that they were saying their lines like lines from a script... it seemed a little too well rehersed, like in the book there are alot of pauses where Bella is wondering what to say and so on.

- It was a shame that they cut out Carlisle's story, because it is important in New Moon

- I wanted to see Alice and Bella bond

- I think that Rob was a bit... off when he was speaking to Bella for the first time in the Biology room. In the book, Edward's voice is described as beautiful but in the film, to me, it was just an ordinary guy talking.

- Edward was NOT sparkling like a diamond. I saw practically no change in his skin and I think that with todays technology, they could have done better.

But, on the other hand the book was ADAPTED into the movie, so obviously it wasn't going to be word perfect. I think the actors did a great job and whenever the movie started getting a bit stupid, they never did. On te bright side, New Moon can only get better.

jc x
meh
I have to agree mainly with what you said justcurious.
over a year ago tajeraegrissom said…
angry
this is the worst movie ever
over a year ago tajeraegrissom said…
zzz
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo boooooooooooooooooooooooooo booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I almost died
over a year ago sinai114 said…
cool
well i love the part in bio. he looks at her like wow.i thought that part was so hilarious especially that part where bella like sniffs her armpit(ok no ..i know she smells her hair) and have u ever noticed that in that scene..the little winged owl behind edward makes him look like he has wings.!! ofcourse hes an angel..

but besides that..idk the movie made it so much dramatic in a sense because of the music..which for me made it perfect. i think people dont like the movie because it seemed a little bit too corny and most never read the book and if u never did well its going to seem boring because you went into the movie theaters thinking you were going to see some action/blood/gut spilling/ and human eating frenzy thing going on but in the end it was some really sweet romantic movie. Alot of people say it was a chick flick..it kinda was because of edward..and well bella blinked to many times in the movie..so idk. i know shes pretty and stuff..but explain that to some people.
over a year ago nadjaaa said…
hmmm
I liked the movie even though it could be done much better.

Things I hated:

Robert was awful. Whole time he had this stupid look

I also hated that they were more focusing on James, Laurent and Victoria and not on Edward's and Bella's relationship. I got this impression that they met one day and next they already saying You are my life... Maybe it is just me...

I also hated that Edward just said " Let's go on mountain so I can show you my skin". That was so fast. That part in book is turning point. They ruined this scene.

They also ruined the beach scene.

Jasper was hilarious. He just stood there with stupid look. I was laughing so hard.

Things I loved:

I especially loved the baseball and fighting scene.

I liked the music I don't know why.

I loved Eric. He was funny :DD

I also loved the scene when Bella and Edward are in car, trying to escape James and then Bella turns around and sees her friends, like how are they normal and having fun while she is trying to save her life.

I only hope that Chris will do much better, because Cathrine could done this waaaay better.

over a year ago expensive957 said…
I didnt like the movie because I really didnt think they showed exactly how much Bella and Edward loved eachother. I mean they had what a total of one kiss scene!!! They didnt even show the goodbye scene between Edward and Bella when he left to find James!!! Not to mention they never showed Edward actually say "I love you" to Bella...I mean what the hell!!!! That was kind of an IMPORTANT detail to leave out!!!!!
over a year ago stephxxx1992 said…
i think it was lame and there was no romance in it at all it was very fake and i cant watch the movie without picking on it anymore and he doesnt say i love you once thats gay as!!!!!!
over a year ago Twilight597 said…
i liked most of it nut they should have had the carlilse scene it is important in mew moon
and i love him anyway kristen
spoke with no emotion at all
over a year ago atlforeverxx said…
Anyone going into that movie expecting it to be as good as the book is going to HATE it.
Twilight was a brilliant book. Edward cannot be physically created.
I mean come on guys.. it was made on a middle budget.

I'm not gonna lie.. Roberts acting was pretty horrible.
but i didn't get all butt-hurt over it.
Just enjoy the book:)

& Kristen Stewart probably wasnt the best choise they could have made.
Oh well:)
It happens.

Look at the bright side; Theres going to be a new Jacob!
over a year ago tooch said…
I loved the movie so much!! It was absoloutely amazing!!
I loved the cast, the scenes, I loved EVERYTHING!!
Every scene was acted out perfectly and the entire
cast put in 100%. It was so awesome!!

As much as I loved the movie, I will always enjoy
reading books more. You can't capture the emotion
and the atmosphere in a movie, the way you can in a book.
And that goes for all book-movie adaptions I've seen.
Especially the Harry Potter Series, even though the
movies were absoloute magic, the books are always more fun.
over a year ago patriautism said…
I don't like the fact that they rearranged so many scenes.
over a year ago cullengirl1597 said…
They left out ALL of my favorite scenes. And they were always so tense when they weren't supposed to be. The only scene I thought was really emotionally correct was when they were leaving from the baseball game to save Bella. That was OK. But let me make this clear. I do not HATE the movie. I really liked it, but only because of the FAINT connection to the books. I just think they could have done a lot of a better job.
over a year ago callejahLUVSed said…
smile
it was okay.. i just really hated kristens acting and the fact that you don't really see bella and edward fall in love... it's like one minute they hate each other, the next they love each other... although i think they did the car crash, ballet studio fight and baseball scene excellent !