Twilight Series I HATED THE MOVIE!!! anyone else agree ?

jessica2727 posted on Dec 03, 2008 at 02:09AM
god am i the only one who as an avid twilight reader HATED the movie? the flow sucked, that weird chick who plays bella does not even remotely act like bella in the slightest, edward.. eh he was ok but they could have done better. i couldn't get hooked into the move. i just kept thinking wait no thats not right .. what WHAT ok thats so so wrong. it felt like i was watching a different book being turned into a movie it didn't feel like "my" twilight. the books are so amazing and the movie takes away that magic =(

Twilight Series 49 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago brucas4ever said…
im totally with you!!!! it was horrible!
over a year ago jessica2727 said…
yay im not alone
chick who plays bella does not even remotely act like bella in the slightest,

omg totally agree i couldn't stand her!!!!
over a year ago mandapanda said…
well, thats right. the movie didn't quite capture the whole "magic" of Twilight, but I thought it was a great adaptation. Honestly, I dnot think they could have done the movie any other way, except more makeout scenes, which I would not disagree with. I kinda wanted to see more makeout sessions, but since Meyer protested against it, what can you do... there's always the deleted scenes :)
over a year ago mandapanda said…
oh, and I loved the movie btw... :)
over a year ago luvrob said…
hey you guys....on fanpop only go to twilight movie and in that forum you'll see this BIG debate....its awesome
oh one more thing, the movie was like watching poorly edited high school play the acting sucked!!!
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
<3 the movie, but of course books are always better =]
def agree jessia2727
over a year ago myusedromance said…
horrble, horrible borrible....

what happened to Cathrine sayin they were sticking to the books cuz she didnt want her car egg'd? (or something like that)
over a year ago hayleyhoo said…
OMG PEOPLE!!!!
If you are going to go watch the film and think of the book and expect that it is going to go along with the book then you are never going to like it/enjoy it cos youll have too high expectations lol
you need to go see it without thinking of the book as the film is good in its own right!!
i never thought it was going to be as good at all i was even hesitant about going to see it because i knew it wouldnt be as good so i had zero expectations but i didnt expect it to be THAT horrible
over a year ago aanniiee_ said…
Yeah I soo agree jessica, I thought it was really bad as well. There was no development of relationships between the characters, especially Bella and Edward! spivian sums it up really well here:
link
And even when I try to think of the film in its own right, I still hate it. There were people in front of us who obviously didn't read the books and had NO idea what was going on!
over a year ago xoedwardcullen said…
r u kidding!!?? i thought the movie was ah-mazing!!!
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
the books are amazing, and they are better than the movie, but the movie was still amazing!!! they could never make it perfect, but i thought the casting was great, rob and kristen played their parts perfectly, as well as everyone else. the way the actors did the crouching thing, it was all very raw and animal-like, how it's supposed to be. james and victoria were both VERY evil, and i have high hopes for the next movies!
over a year ago franzee said…
i'm one of the disappointed fans here..
i was expecting a lot more to the film adaptation like some more awesome action..come on..the book has more thrill than the movie!
and i was really disappointed when the story was all mixed to fit a two hour show!
where did that driftwood tree go?that was supposed to be memorable for jacob and bella!
and why the heck did bella get away from the hotel??!she was protected!
i didnt completely like kristen's acting..when i read the book i thought she'd be fit for it but there were some parts when she didnt play it well..

and aanniiee_,yeah!same as here!
i was beside this group who was just assuming what would happen..i wanted to laugh and even wanted to interrupt and say "no that's not it!!"..it was funny and annoying at the same time ..
over a year ago myusedromance said…
Thats not necisarily true hayleyhoo- Ive read the HP and LOTR books AND watched the movies, and loved em both!
over a year ago hayleyhoo said…
Yes but were you able to accept that the film was not going to be as good as the book
as some people go into the cinema or put the film on and think of what happens in the book See i went to see the fifth harry potter and for the whole film i was thinking of the book and what was different to the book and i didnt enjoy then the second time i watched it i didnt think of the book and i found that i really liked the film so you have to have an open mind when watching an adaptation of a book LoL
I'm not saying that you should all like the film but if you want to like the film then don't think of what happens in the book and go see it again LOL
i wasn't really expecting the movie to be good
over a year ago brattynemz said…
Same here Hannah.
over a year ago TypicalSquint said…
oh my gosh. Thank you!!!! i LOVED the books but i was soooo disappointed by the movie. it had no flow, the storyline seemed to jump around a lot and what the hell happened to the bella/alice friendship????
over a year ago Moneik said…
so nobody here liked the baseball scene?
i LOVED it.. lol.

yeah i agree the movie didn't flow and heaps of stuff was cut out
they didn't even acknowledge jasper or his ability.. even when edward was explaining it to bella he only explained his and alice's.

and paramore had nothing to do with the movie.. whatsoever. :/

im a LITTLE disappointed but i would go buy tickets to watch it again :)
over a year ago LaughAlot365 said…
i really liked the movie...i mean at some points it could have been better, it was really cheesy at some points, but i liked the actors portraying the characters. I thought they did really well, i really hope though that they do better on New Moon, that was my favorite book. Maybe because they are getting a bigger money budget that it will be better.
over a year ago brattynemz said…
I loved the baseball scene, it's the only kick ass scene in the movie. Jasper and Alice owned that scene but my fave is my monkey man Emmett! :D
over a year ago Cittycat19 said…
i loved the movie and i think the actor/actress were perfect
over a year ago vianessvondrak said…
i loved the movie!!!
i wouldnt give it 100... but yes an 85!
and for me that is ok!
i didnt waited too much either!!
and there are some scenes that deserve the best!
as the baseball!! it was great!
yeah seriously bella and alice's friendship like disappeared and thats a huuuge part in every single book there after bcos if it was for alice being friends with bella in new moon then bella would have never found out that edward was going to the volturi, helped her with her wedding, etc etc. and i dont see how there gonna work jacob into the new movie either they gave no hints that they were even friends, just acquaintances ugh w/e knowing me ill probably go see it anyways, you kinda have to haha
over a year ago jessica101 said…
I loved movie but they did cut alot of stuff from the book and books are always better then the movies.
over a year ago leytonnLOVER said…
i loved the movie but i reckon that they could've added more scenes from the book about bella and edward instead of rushing straight to james
over a year ago Ali_love_Porshe said…
I have seen twilight 4 times! i thought it was good but i was a little disapointed on how much it missed. The next film (New Moon) will be directed by someone different as the cast of twilight didnt get along well with catherine!
over a year ago pri1342 said…
i was trully disapointed with the movie... maybe i was expecting too much, but still i never thought it could be so bad! i'm actually not sure where it went wrong, but it just didn't clicked, there was not a really good sequence of events and everything just seemed a bit too cold for a love story...
i really loved the book thow and i thought it had a great potential to become a huge success as a movie also, but that certainly did NOT happen.
but what i truelly don't get is why are there soooo many people who loved the movie, why is it such a blow, i mean where did they see such a cativating scene??
over a year ago shaneill_ira said…
I didn't exactly HATE the movie but it wasn't that good either
over a year ago TwilightManiac9 said…
FIRST OF ALL, ITS NOT YOUR BOOK!!!!!! SECOND, SINCE YOU CANT MAKE ANY USEFULL COMMENTS, DONT MAKE ANY @ ALL!!!! PEOPLE WORKED VERY HARD TO MAKE TAT MOVIE SO DONT TALK LIKE TAT! THAT IS SOOOO RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS THE MOVIE WAS GREAT!!
over a year ago TwilightManiac9 said…
i heard that the movie new moon will be closer to the book.
over a year ago kiedahoe said…
you are so stupid i loved the movie your just jelous
over a year ago kiedahoe said…
you guys are just haters that your not Bella ok so stop giving the movie bad coments
over a year ago cullencrazay9 said…
Jessica2727 if you go to the forum that says My veiws on the movie (Just saw it) you can read exactly what i felt about the movie I posted two remarks and I agree with what you said!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago meggymoo123 said…
I think that you are wrong in thinking that the movie was no good. I LOVED IT SOOO MUCH. I respect you for giving your opinion and i am not gunna say if its right or wrong. My opinion of it is correct.
over a year ago cullenluva17 said…
I agree with all of the people who said it sucked because I read Twilight and when i saw the movie i was shocked on how different the movie was from the book and sorry cittycat19 but edward was WICKED ugly and when he went in the sun it looked like he was sweating and i know guys that are way hotter than him and bella just had no emotion at all and the flow of the movie did suck on ice and i just really did not like it all. I hope that Chris does a way better job than Catherine did and he makes New Moon a lot more like the book because most of the scenes were just totally messed up and i still can't believe that they changed edwards beautiful Volvo S60R to a C30 that just infuriated me and i was liike no edward has a signature car and now they want to change it because they want kids to buy the C30 no that was not right at all and i can't believe Stephenie let them do that. If they want to make a movie of a book they should at least get good lookin characters and make it more like the book before i saw the movie i thought it was going to be great because i had never seen the preveiws for it so i said "Omg im so excited they are going to make a movie out of the best book in the world!!" and i was really happy but after i saw it i was like "that movie was horrible and they could have made it way more like the book" but i do have to admit it was pretty funny but no i did not like it at all and i never will and if Chris makes New Moon bad too i will be so mad that i will like scream for like a half hour so i hope it will be way better than Twilight was. Now I am still reading New Moon but i hope i will finish it this week or at least this month so that i can start Eclipse. Bye ;)
how is anyone being jealous? thats just ignorant everyone has the own views on things and if u dont like it then tough get over it bcos the world is filled with different opinions and if u cant handle it then go hide under a rock and talk to yourself, that way you'll never have to deal with the way someone else thinks. sure they put effort into it, my POV was that i just didnt like it and apparently im not alone, if u liked it then fine im not telling you to not like it, im just saying how i felt about it as is everyone else. no need to get so pushy, Twilightmaniac9,and kiedahoe,
over a year ago metalnaunx said…
Sadly books are always better than the movie -sigh- but if they did stick with the entire book the movie would be a good 3 hours or so
over a year ago jalicefan15 said…
movie was great concidering the length of the book and I thought Kristen Stewert made a grate
over a year ago r-pattz said…
i didnt like the movie, but i didnt hate it. they cut out too much, and there was almost no jazzy
over a year ago kelseyrox97 said…
they skipped a few parts and i wasnt happy about it. edward & bella didnt say i love you to each other at all during the whole movie!and other stuff 2!
over a year ago xox-aden-xox said…
smile
mee tooo i have the book:sooooooooooooo gdddddd o.m/glink
over a year ago helopeeps8 said…
crying
I seriosly think that they could of put more detale in the movie they could of put some thing that acually was in the book like the day were edward scipes class because they are testing blood in biolgy and then bella fantes at the sight of blood.
over a year ago patriautism said…
That director sure did rearrange a lot of stuff.
I just hope the next ones better
over a year ago pixie09 said…
big smile
i went into the cinimar with low expectations, but i got way over excited when the movie started. i mean, atleast someone acctually MADE the book into a movie, which is pretty awesome.

but after it had finished i thought that it was better than my expectations. now i look back on it, i think that edward was too serious and bella's emotions were very wooden.

i can only hope that the acting is better in new moon and it has a good chance coz the actors are diff for most of it ..
over a year ago bubsy6011 said…
worst movie, even if i hadn't read the books the movie would still be horrible for me. Worst actors, c grades playing major roles and failing. i felt i was watching some daytime movie on hallmark that attempted to be artsy.
Robert should of kept to his own manner, accent and way as that is more edward then the weirdo he was acting. Like he was creepy and lost all personality, edward was funny, not always frustrated. He overacted everything, especially when he smelt her scent in class. He is lucky he is good looking so I am fan for merely shallow reasons and I like how he is in interviews but he has no talent as an actor.
I saw no chemistry between the two, the relationship seemed fake and all character developments were shallow. They fell in love way to quick, I didn’t believe it and the guy who played carisle was also the douche in ‘can’t hardly wait’. Jasper looked like a freak. Kristen stewart’s voice has a way too judging tone that is not bella. It by all means failed the book and failed by itself just as a movie.