Twilight Series Book Or Movie First

naleyfan4ever posted on Nov 29, 2008 at 09:47PM
Hello everyone i am really excited and want to watch the movie but i justbought the book. was wondering what people thought should I or do i need to read the book before i see the movie to understand it more??????? your opinion is appreciated

thnx naleyfan4ever

Twilight Series 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago twilightatdawn said…
In my opinion, watch the movie first. Because one you read the book, you may not like the movie anymore, seeing as Catherine Hardwicke totally ignored the book. The books are amazing.
over a year ago catriona_cullen said…
zzz
read the frickin book first!

over a year ago drgroz said…
smile
I don't think Catherine totally ignored the book, twilightatdawn. There were definitely differences between the two, but the main storyline was still there. Naleyfan4ever, in my opinion, you should read the book first. I saw the movie with people who read the book and who didn't. The biggest problem with the movie for the people who hadn't read the book is that there were a lot of questions afterward. There's a lot in the movie that is hard to understand if you don't have the background of the book. You may be a little disappointed by the movie, if you read the book first, as I'm sure many fans were, but at least you will understand the movie better than if you see the movie first. That's my opinion. I loved the book and the movie, but I didn't try to compare them. I know of very few movies that do justice to the books they are made from. It's just the way it goes. I'm sure it will work out either way you go. Good luck, and enjoy both!!!
over a year ago Rubberduck said…
You should read the books first if you don't some parts of the movie you might not understand
over a year ago pixie09 said…
read the book first!! .. if you watch the movie first
1. it might not make complete sence and you might think that it is really bad and then think that the book is also going to be really bad
2. you might absolutley love the movie, but then when you come to the book you might think that it is all wrong
and also, once you have read the book, you will love the movie anyway, even if you think the acting is really bad, just because it is twilight.
haha well thats my oppinion anyway, hope it helps :D
over a year ago edwardsgirlxx said…
My Opinion Is To Always read The Book First.
Whether Or Not The Movie Ends Up Disapointing You,
The Movie Should Be Compared To The Book,
The Book Shouldn't Be Compared To The Movie.
The Book Came First and Was What The Movie Was Based On, therefore I Think You Should Always Read The Books First.
Mind You Thats Just My Opinion, Hope It Helps :) x
over a year ago naleyfan4ever said…
big smile
I read the book first thank-you everyone who replied :D I must say that reading the book did help with the movie, but i love them both in different ways. I started readin the series late so most of you have already finished it i am on eclipse and have to say by far this is the best I have ever read besides a series by louise renninson the first one is called angus thong and full frontal snogging. I love them and recommend all girls to read them. I hope that for new moon they try to keep closer to the book, but at the same time i am affraid that this new director will mess it up more then catherine becuase of him not working on twilight
over a year ago viperveral said…
book no question the movie sucked in comparison
over a year ago laureng114 said…
wink
BOOK
no question