Twilight Series How do you get people to stop bashing Twilight??????

mrsblack_1089 posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 02:27AM
I have a friend who won't read Twilight because she thinks it'll take her too long to read. I also have a friend who loves Twilight as much as I do and we always are looking at Twilight T-shirts and my other friend is like, 'Ugh! I don't get why you guys like Twilight so much! The people are soooo creepy!' It's beginning to get on my nerves. She's going to the movie with me and my Twihard friend and I'm just afraid that while me and Twihard :) will be staring at the screen in awe, enjoying every moment, she'll comment on everything and say it's all so 'creepy.' it also hurts my feelings because who wants to hear that what they love is stupid? Any ideas?

Twilight Series 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hayleyhoo said…
why is she going if she thinks its creepy its a waste of her money and ur time if shes just gonna comment on it the whole way through tell her to wait for the dvd or watch it herself and then she can comment however much she likes - its just pathetic for her to act that way just cos she doesnt like it - does she not realise how much you like it LoL
over a year ago saby420 said…
I wouLd have to Agree with hayleyhoo. It WOULD be pointless 4her 2go if she doesnt nderstand the PASSiON AS the rest of us do. If I were you and she was in the theatre with ME while commenting 'badly' of the movie, I would guarantee her no safety after it will be over.. LoL.. she might just get it from the crowd..(not in a mean way.) but SERIOUSLY.. if she's gonna make it a drag for both YOU and YOUR friend, why doesnt she let someone im sure who's heart will be broken for the 1st show being sold out buy the ticket and enjoy it instead? L0L...
over a year ago Curlytop_ said…
I'm with the above two on this, she should stay at home if she is going to sit and look for the negatives.
If I were you I would tell her that you would love for her to join you "IF" and only "IF" she is going to go with an open mind and not ruin it for you and your friend.
Plus how can she have an opinion on something that she hasn't even read. It really annoys me when people pass judgment on something that they haven't experienced.
Good luck, I hope she doesn't ruin it too much for you and your Twihard friend.
over a year ago shaneill_ira said…
There's no way to get her from stop bashing the series. It's not your fault she finds Twilight 'creepy' (in short, she doesn't have a good taste). Why would she come with you and your friend while watching the movie on the first place? You can't make people stop bashing Twilight of they don't really like it. It may hurt your feelings but try your best to igbore them. It won't help if you scream at her or whatever, it'll only make her bash Twilight more. You can tell her POLITELY that we have our own tastes and if she doesn't want to get her favorite book or movie bashed, she can stop bashing ithers too. If she still insists, ignore her. She'll stop if she realizes that the rude words she said about you or twilight doesn't affect you at all.
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Agree with the users above. If she would just comment on how bad Twilight is when she watches the movie, then WHY would she go anyway. I know it hurts your feelings, but you should know that people have different tastes and just tell her to stop or tell her that people have different taste If she really is your friend, she would not complain about the movie, but if she isnt our friend, and if she keeps complaining and trying to make you annoyed, then try and ignore her. You can also tell that she might not be your friend if she is trying to make you annoyed by hurting your feelings and if she can see that, she will continue, so try to ignore her, and if you do, she might stop bashing.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago xGeorgie said…
Hhhhmm - I know where ur all coming from... why's she even coming???
If she doesn't want to give Twilight a chance then tell her to leave it at that and stop putting a dampen on YOUR enjoyment of Twilight.

Georgie
x
over a year ago mrsblack_1089 said…
Thanks xGeorgie! That's really good advice. Fortunately, I won't be needing it! When she called Jacob a 'Stupid character who sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about.' My Twilighter friend and I LITERALLY tied her to a chair and shoved Twilight in her hands. Within a few minutes she didn't protest anymore and by that night she demanded to read the whole series! She finished the series in a few days and has read them each 3 more times. She wants to see the movie again and has a countdown until Nov 20, 09 (New Moon's OFFICIAL release date everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). She also blew all her Xmas money on Twilight apparel. ^^ She absolutely amazes me with her addiction; it's almost stronger than mine!!
over a year ago cullencrazay9 said…
Thank you all for the advice cause I have the same type of friend but unlike yours she won't do anything to do with the book! It bugs me so much and she always bugs me about it! Then when I try to get other friends of mine to read it she slaps me and my friend and tells me stop gettin kids to read it and then says to my friends u better not read it or you will be so sorry! It really bugs me but I do agree about her wanting to see the movie ifcshe can't stand the book!
OMG tht's relly stupid!! I'd take some of the advice up there cuz it's really helpful and good! And if that doesn't work...

tie her to a chair. Literally. Hey. Do what you need to do. =) Plus, I'd slap her back. If ppl mess with Twilight, they gotta go through ME is my motto. =) This guy in my class: doesn't read, doesn't have anything to do with books, told me he was going to go and see Twilight with his gf and asked if I liked it (me and my friends saw it and were talkin bout it the WHOLe next day in skool!) and I said 'YES!!!!!!!! IT'S THE MOST AWESOME MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!' and then he sees it and says 'That movie was SOOOO awesome!' and so we talked for a while about tWilight. He still is't reading the books but at least he likes the story. I call him a Twifan anyways. ^^

To give you more helpful advice cullencrazay9 ^^ Tell her this, "Look. I don't know why you have problems with this book. Can you tell me why?" Then she'll tell you, probably. =) Then say: "Why don't you give it a chance?" Is there something that she made you like? Throw that in there, like "You told me about that band and now I like it. Why don't you see if you like Twilight?" If she still is bratty about it, then say "I really wish you wouldn't say such mean things. Twilight is important to me. If you felt strongly about something, then I wouldn't make fun of YOU about it. Why do you do that to me?" And take her to the movie. If she sees it, maybe she'll end up reading the series and like them too!

Good luck! ^^
over a year ago spunkransom2363 said…
Not only do my classmates think im absolutley retarded cuz of my obsession with a character in a book. But all the guys in school are ridiculously jealous for some reason..the moment u mention the words edward or jacob u better watch out because the boys totally freak! my good friend and i were talking about twilight and the guy next to me starts freaking out like screaming, red face and all.

its one thing to have guys to be jealous but for a half page article in your school newspaper bashing twilight brings it to a whole nother level. there were supposedly "polls" taken and 80% of my school said they hated twilight....but coincidentally none of my friends(all twilighters) were asked if they liked it or not.

anyways i would love to hear if u have any suggestions to deal with the madness.

thanks!!
Well first of all I want to say thank you to mrsblack_1089 and I am definitly going to try and do that.
Next spunkransom2363 I think you should take the advice some people gave above and you should ignore them if they start asking you "what are you afraid that we are right?" Tell them "No but I am not going to argue over something of you won't listen to what I have to say." Hopefully this will help.
you're welcome cullencrazay9! let me know how it goes.
spunransom2363: that's probably the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I'm guessing that the reason all the guys are jealous is because you're basically picking fictional boys over boys in reality (and I don't blame you, cuz sometimes I do 2).

And OH my GOD they BASHED TWILIGHT?? Where do you go 2 skool?! I need to beat some ppl up there I think. Ask them why they hate Twiilight so much, and maybe contribute an article to the paper DEFENDING twilight. I know it'll take some guts, but make a poll and ask your friends what they think about Twilight, maybe add some quotes of what they say about it in the article. It'll be hard, but you have your friends so you're not alone.

And remember you have all of us on Fanpop. Over 7,500 die-hard Twilight fans in one place!
over a year ago spunkransom2363 said…
thanks a lot cullencrazay9 ill have to try that.
and mrsblack_1089: yes they totaly smashed it, it was ridiculous. umm i go to Saint Joan of Arc CHS in maple, ontario:P my friends and i were actually thinking off trying to defend twilight to the school newspaper in some way. thanks a bunch!!

u guys are really great, us twilighters need to stick together:D
hmmm
Hey mrsblack_1089 I got one of my other friends to read Twilight and then the girl I was talking about before goes over and starts screaming at her and then she started screaming at me so I said "What is it anyway that you can't stand about Twilight so you won't read it you have no I idea what it is like so stop bashing it and maybe try to read it!" Then she says to me "Well no because it is to long." So I walked away.
Then the next day she was screaming at my other friend who started reading Twilight a long time ago but she just realized yesterday and I said the same thing to her and she said that she just wouldn't read it and I said "Well fine don't but don't go around screaming at people because they want to!" Then she said "Well no I won't stop screaming at people because they are going to get sucked into the blackhole to!"
I have no idea what to do now!!!!
Can someone help??
over a year ago laureng114 said…
dont let your friendship be ruined but...
it was good you stood up for something.

i guess if shes that good of a friend then she'll accept twilight or anything you like.
over a year ago robpattisono9 said…
yea i agree with all of you u should ask her if she wants to hear the plot of the frist form the book and then see if she bits the bait and then get her to read the 2nd if i agre slap her and tell her to back of with the twlight bashing and if she takes u to a movie she like comment on that all the way thought =) i hoped i helped
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Wow! I dont think she's your friend! Why would a closest friend scream at people who loes Twilight just because of her hatred to Twilight! What a stupid act!
smile
Thanks guys for all your advice I am going to try and do what you guys told me to!