Twilight Series Midnight Sun Delay

doyouknow posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 05:25PM
I was reading today that the launch of Midnight Sun has been delayed indefintely as of September 3rd? Stephenie's considering not publishing it at all after the rough draft was illegally posted on the net!!

Thoughts?

Twilight Series 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago edwardismine13 said…
i heard that it wasnt cumin out for a while but thats a long time btw it was on here website everybody thought it was supposed to be
over a year ago volleyqt16 said…
o i really hope she does publish it. dont u think all the fans would be soo dissappointed if she really didnt? i read the draft that she posted on her website and its really kool seeing it from edwards p.o.v. cuz in the first book i was wondering wat he'd been thinking. so i really hope she'll publish it, if not i will definitely sad.
over a year ago jbush543 said…
yea same, i'd be crushed if she didnt publish it. but, i dont think she'll cancel it...she cares too much about her fans, and its not even our fault...i couldn't even read it because i felt like i was cheating her or something...so yea
over a year ago luvrob said…
i saw an interview of hers and mahhhhnnn shes so arrogant....
she wants to continue with a sequel of "the host"....as if anyone will read it
over a year ago Firegoddess said…
I didn't even know that the draft had been posted on the internet until i went onto her website and saw the news that it was postponed indefinately. It's a shame but i can see that she needs time to calm down a bit because as she said if she kept writing it in her current frame of mind the cullens would all die etc. Hopefully she will complete it though, i read the few chapters that were on her website and I loved it, it was great seeing it from Edwards view, made me understand him more as a character and actually like him more (if that was even possible, i loved him loads anyway)

It would be great if she did finish it and personally i would quite like to read a couple of the other books from Edward's view, especially new moon, since he wasnt in a big chunk of it, i'd want to know what he was doing/thinking but she could write all the books from his view, i think people would love to read them and get into Edward's head

ps sorry this was so long =P
over a year ago luvrob said…
that was quite good actually....
she should just get over it and write....she knows that mignight sun is what will sell like hot cakes....so she should just forget about "the host" and finish it up.....how can she kill the cullens? thats so stupid....doesnt even make sense
over a year ago obsessiveGiRL said…
ya i saw an interview on youtube with stephanie meyer and she said that she was too "hurt" to finish it now. i love her, but come on! i know this is embarassing but i have already read the rough draft online since she posted it up and i NEED her to finish it! omg it is sooo goood. im hoping that she rewrites all of them in edwards point of view. he is soo wonderful :)
over a year ago Firegoddess said…
There is also the fact that it was only a rough draft..

She shouldn't worry too much about the fact that people have read it anyway because it's a draft, it will most probably be edited again, have bits taken out, have new bits put in, she might get a really good idea for a bit that she has already written and go back and change it... It isn't the final copy but even if it was, i would still go out and buy the book even though i read the first 12 chapters. I am desperate to read the end of the book from his view, the fight with James and of course the "Confessions" chapter. I would happily pay to read the other half of the book. =)
over a year ago Bedward4lyf said…
omg! some of you guys are such idiots not pointing anyone out. **cough cough** but its stephs decision and ALOT of ppl read the host fyi. steph feels hurt okay DONT bash just be lucky if she publishes it for you back stabber fans.so. think before you bash.kay?
over a year ago jessica2727 said…
i tried to read the host, but i just kept flash back-ing to twilight so i couldnt concentrate on it didnt even know there had been a lek until i went on her page to see if she was gonna write a new book for the series and then she said she was gonna pst pone it indefinitely i was so sad till i read the footnote that said she would continue with it. im really proud of her for doing it too. i write as well ( tho not nearly as good obviously) and i would have been heart broken f my book got released before i had the chance to make it how i wanted it. i hope it comes out soon though my fingers are already tingling with anticipation hahaha i also hope she continues to write the other books in edwards p.o.v i started to read the first few chapters she posted but then i felt bad but what i did read was good and i cant wait to see how edward felt about everything thats happened in the series so far
last edited over a year ago