Twilight Series Midnight Sun Partial Draft (Some spoilers...sort of)

The_Fanpire posted on Aug 31, 2008 at 01:15AM
For those who have read all 264 (or some) pages of Midnight Sun - what did you think?
My thoughts....

A) Edwards self-image. He is totally insecure with himself! As if he were Bella! He doesnt think Bella is completely in love with him, and he doesnt see how completely GORGEOUS he is. Kind of sweet actually. All he sees is the monster. How undeserving he is of her. (Oh, PLEASE! lol)

B) Bella. Seeing Bella through other eyes (rose-colored as they may be) is pretty eye-opening. She is so GOOD. Selfless, smart, and not too many flaws! What stands out is how different she is from every other human. Scary things have the opposite effect on her. Vampires, werewolves, and loads of things that should have sent her screaming - her reaction; totally impassive. Like, "So what youre a vampire, I'm missing the point here?" Remember, Danger Magnet.

C)Edwards Internal War. He goes through sooo much emotion every moment of his life, seriously. Maybe my being human makes my comprehension much more limited, but I think I would burst at the seams were I going through what he is. All the drama...hes totally dramatic. His decisions have to be made into these huge blown-up things. Like I said, my human brain has trouble comprehending all the emotions, from elation, to being happy and unhappy when he realizes she does love him, etc. etc.

My suggestion: For those of you who really dont like Bella, I am begging you to read the partial draft of MS and understand her character more thoroughly, outside her head. Same goes for Jacob, read his summary on her site under the New Moon tab (outtakes I think?)

Thanks for listening to my ramblings! :)=

Twilight Series 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago spezlee said…
I agree with you! I like Bella, though, and when I read the draft I couldn't believe how completely different Bella and Edward's perspectives are! It really quite ingenious of SM. I think if she ever does decide to put out Midnight Sun it would, literarily speaking, be amazing alongside twilight. I could go on about it but I'm really impressed.
over a year ago callstories said…
Cool. I didn't even know you could read Jacob's insites. I haven't read Midnight Sun, but I'm interested. (Is it even out yet?). Bella was all right. I think I'd like to see things from Edward's perspective.
over a year ago aanniiee_ said…
oOoh yeah, i definitely agree with you, especially on point A. I couldn't believe that Edward was so insecure! When you read from Bella's perspective, it's so obvious how in love with Edward she is. Then you read from Edward's point of view, and he keeps misinterpreting! He seemed so sure of himself in Twilight, then in Midnight Sun, he was so, well...UNsure. lol. I thought he was really sweet :) and Bella was so different too: very quiet, calm, and confident.
I thought it was great how in Twilight, it seems unbelievable how Bella got Edward, but in Midnight Sun, it's unbelievable that EDWARD got BELLA. lol, at least, that's what I think.
last edited over a year ago