Twilight Series Give Meyers a break!

kitkat211 posted on Aug 30, 2008 at 04:58AM
Why don't we just trust Meyers and let her do what she wants to do. If she wants to hold off on making Midnight Sun...fine. I am a true and loyal fan. I'm not going anywhere. First people signing petitions about how bad "Breaking Dawn" was and they want her to rewrite it. Now she feels that Breaking Dawn got spoiled and wants to hold off and people make more petitions? Give the poor women a break. Do you think she wants petitions? No, she wants us to understand and be patient.
last edited on Aug 30, 2008 at 03:47PM

Twilight Series 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago mandapanda said…
well, i agree that the petitions for Breaking Dawn were terrible, and i didnt like how that happened, but Midnight Sun is a little different. Fans arent forcing her to write it, they are simply encouraging her to find inspiration again to write Midnight Sun. Fans aren't mad at Stephenie Meyer, they are mad and furious at the people who leaked it on the internet. they direspected that trust and now has ruined it for everybody. the fans are only trying to support her. if people signed the petitions, it doesnt make them bad fans. they are just really determined to lift her up and give her encouragment. there is still a chance that the spark in the petitions can save Midnight Sun and thats all the fans are doing. (Because if the Breaking Dawn petitions were known, why cant Midnight Sun be known?) they are trying let their opinion known. Maybe some of the commments in the petition aren't nice, and maybe some are demanding, but most of them are heartfelt and sincere. They truly feel bad about the Midnight Sun incident and they want SM to be happy. She was disappointed that she was stolen the joy and pleasure of presenting the entire piece to us, and the fans are telling her that they are with her and got her back through this time. and maybe down the road, she'll find that spark of inspiration like she did for Twilight and finish it. I have nothing against this forum title, i just wanted to share my opinion that not all the fans are out there dissing SM and ordering her to finish it. They are just giving there insight on the matter and they plea that she will give it another chance. So, they are not bad fans... they just care for her, and for Edward's story to be told.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago spezlee said…
I just feel terrible for Stephenie Meyer. Yes, I did and still do want to read Midnight Sun. If I decide to read her link to it if she ever came out with a polished and edited copy I would buy the book. She must feel terribly fed up, though. First, Breaking Dawn leaked and people tore it apart. After most fans got the entire book I think more fans came out saying they loved it. But, it must have taken a toll. Now, a trusted person allowed Midnight Sun onto the internet. That has to feel awful. So, I am supporting whatever she wants with this one. Sometimes people need to do what feels right for them and if your heart is not into something it will not be the best she could have done anyways.