Twilight Series WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE WHOLE MIDNIGHT SUN BEING PUT ON HOLD INDEFINITELY???

lovelyangel3y3z posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 04:19PM
THANKS TO THE LEAK OF MIDNIGHT SUN STEPHENIE MEYER DECIDED TO PUT MIDNIGHT SUN ON HOLD INDEFINITELY (HERE THE LINK link) I'M A LITTLE UPSET BECAUSE BECAUSE SHE IS PUNISHING ALL FANS WHETHER OR NOT THEY READ THE LEAK I KNOW SHE PUT UP A LINK TO READ IT ON THE SITE BUT WHAT IF SOME FANS DO NOT WANT TO READ IT UNTIL THE WHOLE BOOK COMES OUT I UNDERSTAND THAT IT WAS ILLEGAL TO POST THE LEAK TO BEGIN WITH BUT LEAKS ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE THERE THEY HAD LEAKS WITH ECLIPSE AND BREAKING DAWN SO WHY GET UPSET WHEN THERE ARE LEAKS OF MIDNIGHT SUN COULD IT BE THAT BECAUSE OF THE LEAK SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE ANY MORE MONEY POSSIBLY REGARDLESS OF THE REASON I'M UPSET ABOUT THIS ANYONE ELSE UPSET???

Twilight Series 21 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago TriineA said…
She has to write it.. SHE HAS TO :( Please!
over a year ago EdwardJ said…
It is heart breaking to hear I agree I was willing to wait to read it I did read the first chapter she had posted on her site and I was ready to wait it out till she finished it but now that she has decided against it Ill prob read it from her link its just to bad someone had to kill the next great twilight book. I do hope she does not turn a cold shoulder to all us twilighters as BD is a great ending in some ways it is also a great beginning in others and I would hate to live in a world where Edward and Bella cease to exist
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
I'm upset but mainly for her. She sounded genuinly upset about the whole thing. I saw the illegal link and decided not to read it but when I saw that she posted it legally on her site I couldnt help myself. Now I'm feeling guilty and sad for her lol! This has definatly put a downer on things :(
over a year ago thevampiregirl said…
I feel so bad for her! She sounds so upset by it in the reaction to the leak on www.stepheniemeyer.com.
I really hopes she gives it a 6 months or so and then gets back into it. Either that, or start on a sequal to breaking dawn :D
Seriously, i could punch the person who leaked it!
grrrr :(
At first i told myslef i wasnt going to listen to or read an spoilers, but now i think ill just read the chapters from the link she posted on her site...
its a shame though
over a year ago ay3 said…
OMG IS SHE HIGH??? HTERE R ALWAYS GANA BE PPL WHO WANA RUIN LIVES!!!!! come on please help please write ive been waiting for this FOREVER
over a year ago aanniiee_ said…
agh, i feel awful for her, she really does sound so upset. :( i do admit, i read the chapters at the link that she posted herself, and even though it is just a first draft, it's SO good. i hope she keeps writing it soon!
over a year ago illusions-xo said…
I HATE THE BITCHES THAT FREAKING LEAKED THE BOOK.
It was disrespectful and now they've punished everyone else AND themselves because we don't get to read the rest of the book.
I HATE THEM
over a year ago vianessvondrak said…
i am really sad!!!! she has to write it!!!!
over a year ago lui22 said…
:( that's not fair there are some that are loyal and really whant the book.
poor stephenie she sounded very upset
lets hope she reconsiderate
over a year ago Bandgeek_XP said…
well it really only fair cause people weren't sopposed to leak it.....
over a year ago lizzah said…
i hope she starts to write it again,. im kinda upset but its not her fault there's just too many stupid people urgh,. you guys should get mad at them not at stephenie....
over a year ago fanpire101 said…
YOU STUPID IGNORANT INCOMPASSIONATE IDIOTIC ANNOYING LITTLE... oh never mind, just GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
over a year ago JenniferDempsey said…
I posted her actual blog here on this Twilight spot and I read it and felt so sorry for SM its so sad. But she expressed that she understands people wanting to read the first 12 chapters and she posted the link at the bottom of her article lol but I still think its awful. Whoever posted it should not have done it, its such a betrayal of trust. Oh God I feel so guilty but I need to read those chapters :( I really want the book to come out since I am such a loyal fan.
over a year ago code1233 said…
It sort of feels like she's punishing everyone because of what one person did. I think all the negative publicity over Breaking Dawn and then the Midnight Sun leak got to her. I am not going to beg for the book though, if she decides to keep writing and then publish it, I'll be extremely happy and it will complete my life, but I'm just not the begging type. I guess if she decides not to keep going, I'll have to go read what she posted on her site. :(
over a year ago LadyJPendragon said…
I was also dismayed to hear that smeone would be so stupid as to leak the book early. Having read the first chapter on her site I am hungry for more.I can understand needing to take a step back from it for the moment but this book needs to be finished. It needs to see the light of day. I think Edwards story will help complete the whole picture for all of us. My thoughts are with Stephenie & I hope she finds the way to see it through.
over a year ago LoveBitten237 said…
i must say, i was literally numb with shock and anger when i first read about what had happened with midnight sun! i have been looking forward to midnight sun so badly that i could have screamed with impatience! and now to find out that some dishonest, disrespectful, disloyal betrayer to twilight went and ruined the chance the world had of getting a better and deeper insight into the world of twilight, not to mention about KILLED stephenie either, just to get the glory of supplying the material first just makes me SICK!!!! i wanted my nice, pretty, bound copy of the FINISHED and PERFECT midnight sun to read, not the rough-draft! that is not how it was intended to be expeirienced! i am a HUGE beyond HUGE twilight series fan but i would never be so desperate for edwards words that i would try to sneak and read stephenies rough drafts! i love those characters and stephanie too and they deserve a little respect! if you really are as big a fan as you say you are then dont disrespect stephenie or bella and the cullens! i refuse to read the rough draft even if stephanie gives the link because its wrong and i want to expeirience it the way it was meant to be expeirienced!

stephenie, my heart goes out to you! i am still crossing everything i have in the highest hopes that midnight sun will still be published for those LOYAL fans who love the characters enough to not want to taste them spoiled!

i hope stephenie can still put this behind her and have the strength to finish the book. i know this was not fair to her but its not fair either for those of us who are on her side and loyal anti-spoilers!

the fact is, we have all grown to love bella, edward, the cullens, and yes, even jacob, (lol) and to be deprived of the last little key we had hoped for is devistating to any true twilighter. we need midnight sun. its the last peice of the puzzle! and we dont need some bootlegged version in a desperate attempt! no! we need midnight sun the BOOK. i only hope that all hope is not lost.

so i leave you with this:
*support stephenie-she needs it right now, and only with that will she ever be able to see the worth of writing MS again
*also, be PATIENT! it might take steph a while to get back on her feet with this. and dont forget it was impatience that did this all to begin with.

and most importantly........
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­__

****DONT read the spoiler-idc if youre curious! if you are a true fan, you will only want to read MS in one way-FINISHED & PUBLISHED!!! and youre only feuling the problem if you read it!
over a year ago i_luv_twilight said…
ok so here is my opinion:

why coodnt ppl just b patient and wait for the author to finish writing the book!!??! why coodnt the ppl just respect the author, her books, and her characters?!? i find it rude and insulting that they coodnt hav enuf respect and dignity to just wait for the stinkin book to come out

i wood like to say thank u to the ppl who didnt read the leaks and waited for the book even tho the few ppl who cood hav enuf self control to respect stephenie meyer and the work she does.

stephenie meyer is an amazing author and everyone who read, posted or did watever with midnight sun without stephenie's permission shood b ashamed of themselves for ruining it for every other twilight fan. SO THANKS A LOT FOR RUINING IT FOR ME AND ALL THE OTHER DEVOTED TWILIGHT FANS WHO WOODNT DARE THINK ABOUT DOING THIS TO STEPHENIE MEYER.

i just hope that stephenie continues to write midnight sun despite the rude, inconsiderate, stupid, and down right messed up ppl who leaked the story. but i fully agree with stephenie if she doesnt continue it. sure i wood b sad and probably hit sumthing or sumone.... but i wood get over it.....

ugh that just seriously pisses me off that sumone cood do that to another person who put sooooo much effort into creating a story with amazing characters, plots, and everything. someone who has recieved all the negative critism but continued to write for the sake of the ppl who loved the series and her as a person.
over a year ago pinkmafia27 said…
I understand how upset she must be. BUT she shouldn't punish the fans. We are not the ones who leaked the material. She should look for a new publisher (or manager or whoever it was who leaked it).
Plus, as far as I know, she has only recieved positive feedback from fans who have read the MS chapters.
over a year ago Lyssypoo said…
I wouldnt say she's punishing us.

Although it sure feels like one.
over a year ago mandavamp said…
I feel so sorry for Stephenie. She's been hurt by someone she personally knows. With the leaks from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn those weren't up until the books were just a few weeks/months from release. With Midnight Sun it wasn't even finished. With the whole 'James winning and killing all the Cullens' comment just shows how hurt Stephenie is. In no way is she 'punishing' us, she just can't bear to go to 'Cullen land' in her state of mind right now.
over a year ago savemidnightsun said…
A gift to Stephenie from her fans...

link

Check it out and get the word out for Stephenie's sake. We love and support her!