Twilight Series Hats off to Stephanie Meyer! (dont read if you haven't read ALL of BD-includes spoilers)

starry-eyed posted on Aug 03, 2008 at 09:47PM
First off this opinion is not like the other ones lolz ok......i just finished like 5 min. ago and im stunned...FIRST OF ALL WHY OH WHY DID BELLA HAVE TO GET PREGGY????? i REALLY did not want that to happen!!! and to tell you the truth i thought that steph said that all Vamps. have in their bodies is venom! sooo technically it should be IMPOSSIBLE that bella could get preggy! AM I RIGHT??!!

well at the biginning i thought that the book was gonna go down hill from there and that it couldnt get any better....*sighs* i almost like went into depression....and then it got worse cuz i found out that there was a whole JAKE BOOK!!! *growls* STEPH SAID THAT THE BOOK WAS GONNA BE IN BELLA'S PERSPECTIVE!!!!! and well, to tell you the truth,ummm i kinda skipped half of jake's book cuz it was boring and i really wanted to know wat was happening with Bella!!! IM STILL REALLY ANGRY ABOUT THE WHOLE JAKE BOOK....(plz dont kill me...or bite me)

....sooo i skipped to where he sees Bella and whats happening with her.....and then i snapped when Edward said that the baby was KILLING HER!!!!! i had to scream into my bff's pillow....she FREAKED.....poor girl....she doesn't know wats coming.....well i was really happy Bella has that stupid baby and gets turned into a vampire all at once!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY!! SHES FINALLY A VAMPIRE!! *happy music plays* yay!! they can finally stay together 4EVER!!!!! *music screeches to a stop*

she....has....a....half....vamp....half..­..h­uma­n..­..
BABY GIRL??????????? WHAT????????????? yet again did i have to take out my anger on my friend's pillow...again....by now she's hyperventilating wondering what in the world is happening in this book that she hasnt got to yet (shes a slow reader im lightning fast)

well i actually like the name Renesmee! i think that its very cute! (yet again plz dont hurt me) and its very unique! i LOVE it! and well yet AGAIN i freaked AGAIN into my friends pillow when i found out that JAKE IMPRINTED ON NESSIE????? WAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT???? not that i dont love Nessie with all my heart so to speak but still WHYYY JAKE????
WHYYYY????? oh well...at least hes over Bella!

well we all know wat happens between Edward and Bella that first night in their new house...*winks* and i was happy that Nessie didn't get in the way too much. well then that baby had to make the VOLTURI come!!!!! i was all scared that the baby was about to get killed and then Edward and Bella could never like be happy again soo i started freaking YET AGAIN.....i think that my bff needs therapy now...and a new pillow.....lolz

well all's well that ends well and Nessie and Jake can live happily ever after and Bella and Edward can live happily ever after!!! oh and SHE CAN LET HIM READ HER MIND!!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT????? WOOHOO!! lolz so since everyone got their happy endings....why are people so mad at the book???? (besides ruining half the book with Jake's book but thats beside the point)

i personally thought it was BRILLIANT and that Steph did perfect!

and for all you weird people who wanted a more descriptive 'private' scenes.....WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???? lolz jk but it IS a young adult book so legally if she wants to keep it in that area she cant make it any more descriptive than she did! so im not disappointed with the honeymoon and wedding scenes!! actually they were my fave chapters!

soo all in all hats off to Stephanie Meyer to making a FANTASTIC ending to a FANTASTIC series!!!

PS: dear Kassidy,
sorry for tearing up your pillow the other night
i will gladly buy you a new one!
sorry!
after you finish the book though you might need 2 new pillows though! lolz
last edited on Aug 03, 2008 at 09:51PM

Twilight Series 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ilurvedward said…
have to say that book gave me major panic attack and highs at the same time. it was written in a different way than usual, but that just gave it character!except i could barley get through that friggin long jacob book! grrrrrrrrrr..... i really didn't care about the werewolves... anyways. i loved the wedding and the honeymoon (squeee) Though i was kinda dissapointed that she totally skipped over the details. ;D jkjk. i thought Renesmee was adorable and cute! but, i hated reading about how edward was going crazy w/ the pain of watching Bella slowly dying......... i was in tears 4 him!!!!
but then when edward changed her and bella was like, the best vampire eva, and they had FUN in their cottage everynite... *SWOON*. i have to say i adored the fact t6hat Bella was even more in love with edward then she was when she was human! that wqas probably the best part for me. their love didn't diminish.... it was just safer for them to go at it w/o worrying about killing the other.

that said i was so worried at the almost fight scene!i held my breath and sobbed alternativley! (spelling i know).
the hug goodbye was so sad.........
BUT IT WAS A HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!
i loved that it ended w/ Bella making EDward read her thoughts of there moments together..... it was so tender and thoughtful ........
THEY WILL B TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this book made me more in love with Edward than ever!
over a year ago starry-eyed said…
I KNOW!! i didn't think that it was possible that i could love Edward even more than i did but, hey, it happened! lolz! i almost cried too when i had to picture Edward's face in PAIN like that just watching Bella die her slow and painful death....*sobs*....and it was AWESOME that he can read her thoughts whenever she wants him too! lolz rock on Edward!!! i will love you 4ever!!
over a year ago spezlee said…
I actually liked Jacob's book! I know! I was surprised too! I told my friend, I think that Jacob matured immensely and stood up and became a man in this book. That was my main issue between him and Edward for Bella. I thought that Edward was just so much more mature (granted had decades to do it). Anyways, I would suggest rereading and finish up Jacob's POV too!
over a year ago courick11 said…
I agree that this book was sooo just... wow. I didn't expect bella having a baby! I was shocked and then when I learned that it could kill her I was a little sad and scared and mad! But then it all turned out good and I was happy that bella and edward had a kid, so lovely. and then jake was happy... i kinda found it cute that he imprinted on nessie. that way they'd all stay together like they should (ive never been a jake fan as like the main guy for bella but i always stuck by him as her best friend so imprinting i liked) but i loved the book. it almost gave me several heart attacks but i thought it was good and she ended up with my love..er her's edward =] so happy loved it. jakes POV was actually coolish, i was annoyed at first but then i liked being in his mind it didn't bother me so much and it wasn't liek taht for the whole time. =] great book!!
OME! i was on yahoo answers and someone asked the question: what is ur opinion on Breaking Dawn?

NOT ONE ANSWER WAS POSITIVE!!!

they wrote things like:

"it was waste of time"
"just a load of crap"
"$25 worth of crap"
"def. WORST book in the series"
"im not even gonna finish it"

can you believe it? that was all the answers on there and not one liked it! i cant believe it! i mean its not the best book in the series and it was different but i think i liked the change!
i just cant believe people would write stuff like that.....
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
I really don't see what people are so upset about.

...then again, that's what everyone said to me when I lost it after the end of Harry Potter.

I wasn't very happy with the pregnancy thing, either. I really liked Jacob's part of the book, although I did get extremely pissed off when he imprinted on Renesmee. I was ready to put Stephenie on the same list as JKR at that point, but I held off - and I'm glad. I gradually warmed up to the idea of Jake & Renesmee - still not supporting it wholeheartedly, but at least I'm okay with it now. I like Renesmee now that she's here and everything is working out, but I was with Edward with the whole 'getting rid of it' thing. Rosalie was annoying through that ordeal.

The happily ever after was a little... meh. But Edward & Bella deserved it, so I'm not gonna bitch about it. =P I *would* like to know what happened to Leah, though - if she ever adjusted, seeing as her & Jake's plan was called off.
over a year ago courick11 said…
I can understand if people don't like it, but I really don't see how you can't. I think its possible that people didn't like this one because it wasn't so... i don't know innocent as the others were. I don't mean innocent like her getting preggers or anything like that. It's just perhaps they see it edgy or something. I guess its one of those times whether you love it or hate it. I was happy that jake got a happy ending along with bella and edward. Team edward! <3
BOO YAH!!! ROCK ON COURICK11!
over a year ago hells1belle said…
I think it was great, it was different to others, in a way more mature then what we're used to. If you think about it, we all knew that B&E were gonna get married yada yada yada. What happened in the book is just natural progression *wink wink*
Ok so the people in this book are a little unnatural but who cares, its just a fantasy right?! besides I'm sure Stephenie wrote it her way, how she wanted it to go. She always said that it would be a happy ending...because she was always rooting for Bella and Edward. They are her characters and she can do what she likes with them and if people aren't happy then it sucks to be them because they are so not open minded!
I agree with courick11, everyone got a happy ending and that makes me smile!
So HATS OFF TO STEPH! We still love you, rock on December and then Midnight Sun! xxx
over a year ago mandavamp said…
I think people don't like the book because they were expecting it to end the way THEY thought up in their head. I went into it not expecting certain things to happen, mainly just Bella turning and being with Edward for eternity and I hoped and prayed that Jacob would imprint on someone so he could have a happy ending.

I have a question though... Why are people so against Bella getting pregnant? I don't understand what people dislike it so much. SM did say vampires couldn't get pregnant but she never said anything about vampire/human getting pregnant.

I loved BD and I don't care what others say about it. I'm not one to let others 'reviews' sway me on what I do and don't like.
over a year ago twilight91 said…
i feel that it is necessary to state just how cheesy the ending was...i mean dont get me wrong or anything im glad it turned out well for everyone but was everyone not told when they reached a certain age that the best books didnt end with and the all lived happily ever after and i woke up and it was all a dream lol

however, saying that i am a sucker for everything working out in the end

i think that the saddest part (or the bit that stuck out in my head anyway) was when nessie and jake were saying goodbye to bella...so sad
the most annoying part was definately irina i mean GOD who the hell does she think she is doing that to family...gotta say even though she turned nice again at the end by not wanting to do anymore harm i was really really glad to see her go

altogether...not what i expected but loved it lol
over a year ago GivenPeace said…
OME! I just read the book and it was absolutely AMAZING!!! It was totally not what i expected but totally worth the expectation because there was So much to it. You really should read all of Jakes POV it has some of the best parts, he really made me laugh exspecially his convos with Rose I loved it when he lobed the 'doggie' bowl at her head! LMAO =D.
One of the best things about the book was how SM ties up all the knots and How Edward amd Jacob are now like family and Jake has FINALLY imprinted. I do wonder about Leah though since I was hoping for Jake&Leah and I got pretty happy when they she wanted to go along with him but nevertheless the whole Nessie thing really fits everything into place.

Starry-eyed: Even though before i read the book i was like noway is she doing to be pregnant since Edward is like dead = No sperm, but my then my sister was all 'for god sake its fiction, theres no such thing as vampire' which means that SM has really made herself a really cool universe where ANYTHING is possible and I just wish i had ended up with Garret...For some reason i'm now stuck to this guy instead of Edward. Maybe i just imprinted...rofl xDD

Totally hats off to SM! Shes a genius.=]
over a year ago darri58 said…
I went into the BD afraid that it wouldn't have a happy ending. I had this fear that Bella would not go through with the wedding and end up with Jake. I really wasn't too fazed by Bella's being pregant, but I think SM could have left out about 50 pages or so. Reading about Bella yealing and screaming got a little old. I keep thinking, OK have the kid already! I thought the part about Jake imprinting Nessie was hysterical.
All in all, I thought it was good, and it had a happy ending, so what could be better?
over a year ago twilightluvr321 said…
OMG. Wow. That's all I can say. I don't even know if I liked it or not! First of all, I HATED how she wrote it. It was so different from the other ones! At the same time, I LOVED it! I didn't like how Bella had to get pregnant, though. It ruined everything.But all together, it was a great book... even though it was a completely different style of writing and seemed like it was written by some other author.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago heyther0689 said…
okay everyone should stop bitching about how they dnt like the book. wtf do you expect, she basically had to answer all the questions that were left unanswered in the first three books and resolve everything inbreakin dawn so it could end happily. THAT THE POINT SO THERE CAN BE A HAPPY ENDING, so stop crying about how udk if you like it or not bc she did answer most questions and resolved pretty much everything she we could have our damn happy ending with edward and bella okay.
over a year ago tisha said…
heyther- I'm not dissing the book, because in fact I LOVED it. But looking from the perspective of people who are, I guess it's partly because SM didn't HAVE to resolve everything in Breaking Dawn. Some reviews are saying that the conflicts are tied up too neatly, and that everything is jam packed in this huge book, when really she could have made it into two books. I guess the point is, we could have had a happy ending without solving all the problems in the last third of the book so quickly. But, SM wrote the book the way she thought it would work best, and I'm grateful she was able to share this amazing story with us.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
spezlee, i could NOT AGREE MORE! I thought Jacob was sooo much better! I hate that people keep dissing on him, just because we are so protective of Bells and Edward. lol. Everything fit really perfectly, how all of a sudden Jacob and Bella didnt have this huge conflict. Plus, I thought 3 things were HILARIOUS.

1) Scene where Bella finds out Jake imprinted on Nessie (sorry Bella! Its a catchy name!) Ab.so.lute.ly. CLASSIC

2) The whole Jacob vs. Rose thing. The dog bowl, all of it. I think they must really fight over Nessie now! lol.

3) Charlie. The absolute, "Don't tell me, I dont want to know." thing. Really weird, but Jacob makes it all so funny. Like, hey, watch what I can do Charlie! By the way, not only do I shift into this huge wolf thing, but your daughters pregnant! And on and on and on....SOOO FUNNY!
over a year ago edward123 said…
Okay. So, I have been hearing SO many negative things about Breaking Dawn. And i'm just like, "what are you kidding me?" I think it was a perfect way to end off the series

I mean, the only thing I was confused about was that I thought this was still going to be a Bella/Jacob struggle. But i'm glad everything worked out.

It was wonderful that she got pregnant. Renesmee was just so perfect for Bella and Edward. And, oh my. The honeymoon scene was excellent. I wish people would make this into a movie. I KNOW it could be great.