Twilight Series New Cover Theory *spoilers for BD*

funnyshawna posted on Aug 03, 2008 at 09:46PM
Okay, so i have a new theory for the meaning of the breaking dawn cover. i think that the white queen is vampire bella (same as i did before) but the red pawn i think could be Renesmee. im not sure, but it made sense. the pawn is red (renesmee's half human). and small. i dont know. it made sense to me. what do u think?

Twilight Series 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ay3 said…
huh?
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
have u read breaking dawn?
over a year ago cheergeek said…
haha, (exlcuding you theory) I still don't understand the cover.
yeah...that was just an idea that i had that i thought was possible;)
over a year ago wild-child11 said…
i like ur idea, but couldnt it also stand 4: white queen - the volturi and the red pawn stands 4 bella and renesmee.
but ur idea sounds better.
also wat did u guys think of the red title, it kinda pisses me off coz all the others r silver,
so it makes me think theres a twilight trilogy and an extra book (bd)
? the title was white! at least on my copyy.
over a year ago ilovejazzy said…
red title? yeah mine was not red.. did they make different color titles?
over a year ago officefreak1225 said…
This is SM's answer to the meaning of the cover from the Chicago date of the book tour:

E: Cassie Bilbee (me :D ) She wants to know what's the meaning of the cover?

S: Yay for ? That's a really good question. So this cover has kind of two things going on. One is a metaphor for the entire series because you have Bella going from being the weakest player on the board to being the most powerful one. So that's the main meaning, that's what I wanted to have on there. Then I also the feeling of a chess game because I knew that the end of the story was not going to be a great big huge battle scene. This was a court scene. This was maneuvering and having your plans and I thought that was really suited to chess so that was another reason I like that metaphor.

over a year ago Bandgeek_XP said…
yeah officefreak1225 is right it says in the book tour video.
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
its really hard to decipher it. I think Bella is the queen, all-powerful and stuff. And Renesmee could be the pawn since she is the most vulnerable (at the would-be-but-wasnt fight lol) But what I dont understand is why it would be red. This would mean they are against each other? hmm. Maybe. Why would the queen protect the opponents most worthless piece?
cool
over a year ago lheck0410 said…
okay.. this is what i think:

i think that the cover has a very significant meaning.

first the pawn in the background is red because it represents human -- warm-blooded.

this could mean that the cover is like the transition of a human into a pure bloodless creature--vampire bella and very powerful. but then when she is changed another human has entered into the world.. renesmee. so that is what i think that the cover means..
yeah, thats what i was thinking basically.
over a year ago lheck0410 said…
its like an always rotating circle of non existing life.

well for a while.. its like bella (human) turns into bella (vampire) and then renesmee(1/2 and 1/2) comes into the world sort of fisnishing off that change
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
lheck0410 is on to something. Maybe it isnt two people, but the same person in a transition to weak, insignificant human, to vampire (who are white) strong, powerful, etc.
over a year ago XpsychotickissX said…
i think im gonna go w/ stephenies answer that officefreak1225 posted